2-10: "Mother's Day" 2011.03.15 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

229 replies to this topic

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

From TwoP's TV Listings:

Anna works to ensure the evolution of the Visitors by having Lisa breed with Tyler; Erica and Diana ask Lisa to help them remove Anna from power before she destroys humanity.

ERICA’S BOSSES KNEW? And had been watching her interactions with Vs and the 5th Column, and said nothing until NOW?!

surfer

surfer

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

Holy crap... Diana, Ryan and Tyler all in the span of 20 minutes.

Poor Erica. Losing her ex-husband, then Tyler, plus Hobbes disappears and Jack gets blissed.

I'd actually look forward to a third season.

Edited by surfer, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:05 PM.

kujhawker

kujhawker

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

Oh my who knew they would have killed off that many.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

"Now that's how you kill your mother." Amazing line.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

You know what, humanity totally deserves to die..it's just pure Darwinism, these people are that f*cking stupid. Thank god this show is over with b/c that was just a giant pile of horse sh!t.

Amalthea

Amalthea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

Wow, they finally did it. I didn't hate Tyler and actually found his situation to be pretty interesting, but I was still psyched they had the balls to kill him off. Nice work, V. And I won't miss Ryan -- he was seriously getting on my nerves.

Though I'm a little sad we didn't get to see what Diana was *really* planning for once she was queen again.

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

Erica’s plan was to have Lisa kill her mother? She didn’t see anything wrong with that? OK, you guys, I’ve got my own plan to deal with the Vs. Tell me what you think.

The 5th Column needs to go with the Noriega strategy. In 1989, the U.S. blasted loud rock at Noriega’s compound until he finally gave up and came out. Today, we have something much more deadly than rock:

It’s Friday, Friday!
Gotta get down on Friday!
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend,
Friday, Friday!
Ge’in down on Friday!
Everbody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend,

Partyin’ Partyin’ (YEAH!)
Partyin’ Partyin’ (YEAH!)
Fun, fun, fun, fun,
Lookin’ forward to the weekend!

Tell me the Vs won’t flee in horror upon hearing THAT! (Ironically, this actually IS how you remove the human soul.)

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

Damn, this entire series needs to be subtitled "Losing Losers Who Lose." I found this episode so pathetic, I couldn't even enjoy Tyler's death. Good grief, for an alien invasion show to be interesting, the good guys have to win some decisive battles once in a while.

Then of course the rat bastards bring Mike (Marc Singer) into the fold. Sigh, if this show makes it another season, I'll have to watch just for him.

It's amazing how just seeing that man on screen made the entire episode more palatable for me.

That little starchild is going to be a total bitch. Girl needs a permanent timeout as soon as possible.

Erica’s plan was to have Lisa kill her mother? She didn’t see anything wrong with that?

That's the problem with this show in a nutshell. Don't use a plan like that without following through, otherwise it just makes your characters look like complete idiots. The show runner didn't have the balls to have Lisa kill her mother. That would have been a game changer, and then Diana takes charge. Diana could have been an even worse antagonist than Anna.

Edited by mustbekarma, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:09 PM.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

"Now that's how you kill your mother." That is a killer line! I want to know who wrote that! Holy Cow! Anna TOTALLY better queen than Diana. Ruthless. I'm sorry Tyler went like that, but nookie will do it to ya' every time. Doppleganger Lisa! ooh boy!

TimeWise Addict

TimeWise Addict

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

FUCK! Why watch the show next season, if there is one? The way it was written was hopeless. Maybe that's what they wanted. It really looked like it could go either way (with the easy way being that they don't want a 2nd season). I mean...really? An even smaller Fifth Column now with no outside resources on the surface? Gah!

So are all hybrids queens or able to give bliss? Is this a female V thing? Does it even matter? Can the humans win ONCE? Geez!

Edited by TimeWise Addict, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:10 PM.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Diana- eh? I liked her, but not enough to be upset that she died, except that seemed like kind of a wasted storyline...
Ryan- Poetic, though I'll miss MC's handsome face
Tyler- HELL FUCKING YEAH!

Where did Hobbes disappear to? I guess we're supposed to think he just packed up and left because he's a loyaltyless merc...except he's been pretty loyal lately, and it's not like they haven't had plans fail before, but whatever...

I'm not a fan of any potential Erica/Jack romance, but I do love them as best friends, and while I loved proactive Erica more than passive Erica, there's a happy medium in there somewhere and I'm glad she realized she went overboard.

Amy being able to bliss everyone doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Besides the three deaths, Chad and Lisa's covers have both been blown, Hobbes is gone, Jack (and possibly Erica) have been blissed, Marcus has become a triple-agent and the surprisingly absent Sid is played by an actor going to another series. If the series returns, looks like is will be Vs against Project Ares.

pheonaphan

pheonaphan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

Well that was everything I hoped it would be! A shame I liked it so much because Im not sure that even Ned from the Piehole can bring this baby back. So many plotlines that truly do deserve a chance. The writers took to long to hit their stride.

Lisa got played. Poor thing, but her sister makes one heckuva snuff film!

lovesduncan

lovesduncan

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

So the final plan of the 5th Column fails miserably...again. They really thought that Lisa would outsmart her mother and pull the trigger. There was no back-up plan - like Hobbes hiding in some far-off corner?

Why did Hobbes leave?

And Diana, Ryan and Tyler are dead. Didn't think they would have the guts to actually kill Tyler but I'm glad they did. (Doesn't matter if we the series is over or not; Tyler is.)

Didn't care for the Marc Singer reveal of Project Aries. Her bosses were part of a different resistance group. Really?

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

You know what, humanity totally deserves to die..it's just pure Darwinism, these people are that f*cking stupid. Thank god this show is over with b/c that was just a giant pile of horse sh!t.

Agreed, morrigan2575. Nothing made sense! They made a big deal about the real Lisa developing her “breeding skin” so that she could mate. But Lisa’s replacement is somehow fully sexually mature and ready to go with Tyler? Well, at any rate, it sure was nice of Fake Lisa to kill Tyler.

And being in that secret bunker "a mile underground" (seriously, a mile under NYC?) prevents Erica from getting blissed when she comes back out and stands among all the blissed people while the blissing is going on?

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Then of course the rat bastards bring Mike (Marc Singer) into the fold. Sigh, if this show makes it another season, I'll have to watch just for him.

Not me, that's how they suckered me back for S2 and it sucked donkey b@lls. Only way they could ever get me back for S3 would be to introduce Faye Grant and Michael Ironside and kill Erica and Jack off in the first 5 minutes of S3, Hobbes can stay he's just a Han stand-in anyway but he must be shirtless at least once per episode.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Wow! That was an excellent season ( series ?) finale that helps reset the series should it continue.

I was so happy when tyler was killed that I shouted and woke up the dogs. Sad to see Diana killed but the entire V species knows how ruthless Anna is.

I squealed when Lars ( donovan) came back. The resistance looks better organized. I wonder where Hobbes went?

Ryan's kid is a great actress. She showed no emotion when she killed Ryan. I am indifferent to his death, since he was unreliable to the 5th column.

Chad Decker will be tortured by Anna. Lisa now has the same fate as her Grandma.

Jack will need to be deprogrammed from the bliss.

The CGI effects at the end with people in Singapore & Tokyo were horrible. It looked like a video game.

bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

Damn, this entire series needs to be subtitled "Losing Losers Who Lose." I found this episode so pathetic, I couldn't even enjoy Tyler's death. Good grief, for an alien invasion show to be interesting, the good guys have to win some decisive battles once in a while.

Particularly for a show where the creators had to know in advance that there's a very good chance this won't be renewed. We needed to end on some bad-ass Marc Singer's Aries Project comes roaring in, kicks some V butt, and makes this an actual war. At least that would have offered both 1) a less relentlessly "Anna's evil, we get it, we get it" ending and 2) better hope that if the show is by some chance renewed, we'll see more of an even (and interesting) fight instead of, as you note, the constant feeling that our heroes couldn't win their way out of a wet paper bag.

urbanpreppie05

urbanpreppie05

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

So many plotlines that truly do deserve a chance.

And this will be what killed V the second...soul extraction...flu vaccines...blue energy...red sky... green queen eggs and ham...foot soldiers...it was so much stuff in this show that they kept switching from element to element every single week. In the unlikely-hood that it is brought back, What would they be fighting for?

Although I had heard that up to a 1/3 of the cast was killed in the finale, this was NOT the third i was thinking of.

Edited by urbanpreppie05, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:19 PM.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

Double post, sorry!

Edited by bagert, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:18 PM.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:17 PM

ERICA’S BOSSES KNEW? And had been watching her interactions with Vs and the 5th Column, and said nothing until NOW?!

I thought it would be either her boss or her partner/former classmate, but not both. So they were going to open an FBI case file on Erica just to find out what she knew for Project Ares?!?

tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

Why do I get the feeling Hobbes is John May...

TimeWise Addict

TimeWise Addict

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

And you're telling me that not once did her pride lead to her downfall? That's kind of a classic storytelling law - anyone with as much pride as Anna has FALLS HARD. How is she coming out on top each time?

Furthermore, aside from Amy, who will probably be another race if there is another season, there's no diversity in the cast now with Morris Chestnut gone. Geez. (Morena doesn't look Latin. I know she is, but...it just something that grates on me knowing how hard it is for minority actors - especially black ones - to get work.)

surfer

surfer

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

What was up with Joshua? Was he just so freaked out by Anna that he couldn't risk sabotaging the queen egg or something? I mean he nearly died once before for the cause, I was kind of surprised he just went along with everything at the end.

Unless his feeling was "screw this" I've already almost died, you humans can't do crap, might as well stick with the crazy lady. Which, if that's the case, I don't blame him.

Edited by surfer, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:25 PM.

JesseNAngie

JesseNAngie

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:25 PM

Hadn't watched in weeks and stumbled onto tonight's episode by accident. It made me remember why I stopped watching this Tea Party production. Project Aries, huh? So Earth's "last best hope" is a grouping of old, blonde, and white? At least the V come in a variety pack. Oh, that's right. That's why they're so SCARY!

Puhleeze!

Edited by JesseNAngie, Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:26 PM.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:25 PM

So maybe Diana's final speech won over some of the Vs?

Hey Anna, about that human emotion thing, you're saying you're not killing Lisa out of the newly-discovered emotion of vengence...so why didn't you kill Diana 15 years ago? :P

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

Well, humanity is just totally fucked.

Does this offset the fact that Tyler died, and nastily?

Hmmmm. I guess they balance out nicely.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:29 PM

The joy of seeing Tyler's involuntary exit from life was squelched by the utterly rotten ending. As was mentioned upthread, what the hell is the point of even wanting this show to return when the humans have lost every single battle since Erica destroyed the eggs last season? It's nothing more than a scripted version of the Bataan death march. What sadistic fool wants to watch that?

This Project Aries group is just as ineffectual as the 5th Column except they have a much lower profile. What good is a resistance group that never resists? At least the 5th Column took the fight to the Vs. Project Aries, despite all of their connections and government influence sat idly by during the red sky and allowed the Concordia project to proceed. They might as well be accomplices given how ineffectual they have been.

I hope ABC cancels the show. It is no longer compelling or worth the investment even with Elizabeth Mitchell front and center.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

They made a big deal about the real Lisa developing her “breeding skin” so that she could mate. But Lisa’s replacement is somehow fully sexually mature and ready to go with Tyler?

They goosed the queen egg along with the growth enhancer... the same stuff that made Amy grow up so quickly.

I knew Marc Singer was going to show up, I just hate that he didn't until after Diana was dead. It would have been nice to see him and Jane playing off each other again.

I assume that the blissing itself was over before Erica came up (she walked up a mile of stairs, carved into Manhattan schist? Who the hell built those, Dr. Manhattan?) Of course, if there's a renewal, it remains to be seen what effects, if any, the blissing has on humans... and how long it will take Amy to realize that her "mother" might just be superfluous after all.

So far as why Amy has blissing powers, I have to fan-wank that they belong to all fertile V females, and Amy is fertile due to her hybrid status.

Finally, while I didn't hate Tyler, I have to admit that LV did a terrific job as asiL... she was just completely out-of-her-mind sadistic in that scene.

TimeWise Addict

TimeWise Addict

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

So far as why Amy has blissing powers, I have to fan-wank that they belong to all fertile V females, and Amy is fertile due to her hybrid status.

Anna is no longer fertile and she...hmmm...now that you mention it she did do it before she produced her last clutch and was struggling this time. Maybe it was due to that fact or that she was trying to include humans this time? After the way the writers and producers threw away everything they've worked on thus far from S1, I don't think they think that deeply, so it was probably due to her over-straining.

What would be interesting is to see if Amy is the queen the humans respond to when Anna attempts to exert control over them. That's if there's a 3rd season. And the writers don't forget that twist of it all. I'm so out of hope for this show. I just cannot believe it ended this way.