18-12: "After The Final Rose" 2011.03.14 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

248 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

Blah blee bloo.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:23 PM

Are we good to go on ATFR now?

If so, kudos to Chantal for not taking Brad's bullshit evasions.

Also, based on what I've heard so far, I'm giving Brad and Emily about 10 minutes after filming ends before they break up.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

The AFTR convo belongs in that thread. It will open at 11.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

Emily gets it. A lot of folks wrote her off as this dumb boring southern belle but what she said tonight made me like her even more!

I do hope her and Brad make it.

Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

Brad has a temper and has been along a long time. Emily is bull headed and independent. I bet this is an interesting dynamic.

LetsGoPens

LetsGoPens

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

She considers them engaged but doesn't wear her ring? Hmm. I flipped away so I don't know if she gave an explanation for that. My attention span did not allow me to continue watching.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

Boy, was that awkward and fakety-fake! They have to work really hard to make this work and I'm not sure they can, they both have such a tough time completing their sentences what with all the mm's, uh's and you know's. If you can't properly communicate how you feel, that's not a good sign for a happily ever after. Surprised to see Chantal cry considering she's moved on and in a serious relationship.

Edited by dizzyd, Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:07 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

It is so over between Brad and Emily. I give them three months Ė tops, before they announce the split.

Roberto touched on something Iíve always wondered about. If he was the one, then why was Ali so broken up about Frank leaving? Too bad she didnít respond, because Iíd like to know what that was about too. It seems like that is a thorny issue for them.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:04 PM

Gawd. That was one of the most painful hours of television I've ever watched. In the episode thread, I said I gave Brad and Emily about 2 months, but now I give them about 2 weeks before they both tell us that they "really tried, but it was just to difficult for them to work through their problems."

She's jealous of his interaction with the other women, they both have tempers and blow-out fights, and she's not ready to move to Austin. Yep, sounds like the makings of a lasting relationship. You could tell Chris was trying so hard to prop them up, and it just wasn't happening.

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Surprise, surprise. Brad has a temper! Emily isn't into Austin, right now. I thought at least they would fake it for the ATFR show. Well at least Brad is no longer the villain.

No Bachelorette announcement, either. So maybe Ashley is only getting a makeover and nothing else.

alapaki

alapaki

Fanatic

That was the most surreal ATFR I've ever seen. I think Chris was ready to offer Emily money to stay with Brad.

The way Emily talked, reluctantly, about Brad's "temper" was really creepy. IMO, this is a guy who would definitely lift his hand against a woman if she didn't submit they way he expected her to.

LisaNewYork

LisaNewYork

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Let's see... she wasn't wearing her ring through most of the show (did anyone buy that "I got your ring sized, babe!" bullshit?), she's not nearly as dumb as she came off during the season, she's got a daughter to look out for, and she's in a long distance relationship with a guy who has a temper and possibly doesn't fight fair. I give them another month.

I mean, look - I don't fault him for not picking either girl before in his first season. In fact, I applauded it and never saw the point in picking someone just for appearances. Yet, that's what I think he did here. He knew he'd be branded an asshole forever if he didn't pick someone, so he made his choice. I see zero chemistry between him and Emily, but by coming back a second time, he kind of had to choose someone in the long run, didn't he?

Emily, you have a kid to think about. Don't have an on-again, off-again "engagement" with a guy who gets angry with you for simply asking, "You know it's going to be tough having a kid around, right?" Take your daughter and move on, girl.

Edited by LisaNewYork, Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:08 PM.

Errrika

Errrika

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:09 PM

Chantal looked GORGEOUS. I prefer Emily with her curls. Haha, found it hilarious that they brought past couples to show them they CAN last. It's pretty obvious they arent gonna last

soul sister

soul sister

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Emily actually wants to take the time to get to know the man she met on a reality show? I'm surprised (pleasantly so) to see such maturity in a reality show contestant. Right after she came out, Emily said one of the smartest things I've ever heard someone say on one of these shows, 'I don't know how we fight'. That's really important, folks. The fairy-tale is all when and good, but when the guy who you've been up in an air balloon with says and does something so fucked up that you just want to kill him, how do you handle that? Because Jake and Vienna (or whatever their names were) couldn't do it. Brad has been adamant that he wants to live in Austin. But Emily has a child in school and a support system where she lives now; any woman who would just pack up her daughter and move her to another city for a guy she met on a TV show would be completely irresponsible.

I have no idea if Brad and Emily are going to last (and I don't really care that much) but I think they have a better chance now than they did five minutes after he proposed.

CrazyQuilter

CrazyQuilter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:12 PM

I always thought Emily was kind of attractive in an overdone, Dolly Pardonish way, but tonight she was gorgeous! Her hair color looks so much more natural - it was really obvious that she's had something done when they were showing them 'live' in the little box during the proposal.

No thoughts whatsoever on the actual relationship.

JerseyGirl411

JerseyGirl411

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

Emily looked totally different than she looked on the show. I thought that was Reese Witherspoon.

Also, zero chance Brad and Emily make it. That was... awkward and clearly things are not working out. IMO, he should have picked Chantal. I think all of the love is on Brad's end and none of it is on Emily's end, which was also apparent on the show. I do give props to Emily on her "game playing", though.

jlc1967

jlc1967

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

Wow, Emily must have seen a stylist. She looked a million times better. (And she didn't look bad to begin with.)

But she needs to RUN from a guy with a temper. Go go go.

She was much more personable -- if I were her I'd be pissed at the producers for hiding their "love story" and for hiding her personality, too.

Venee

Venee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

The body language of Brad spoke volumes in the end. The way he was leaning away from her and the way his temples were pulsating like he was about to blow was so telling. I have some advice for Emily. If he has anger issues RUN get away NOW!! People like that will make your life a living HELL! It's even more important that she get out because an innocent child is at stake. I don't think people with children even belong on this show frankly.
Brad seems manic and desperate to me as well. He reminds me of Will Smith's character in "Hitch" before he became "Hitch". He says to a girl he's dating that "he loves her ,and he doesn't care if she doesn't love him as much as he loves her, he's just happy that she loves him at all" The relationship seems skewed and unbalanced already. Run Emily Run!!!!!

angelmom1

angelmom1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:17 PM

Brad would have had a fun time with Chantal. Emily is virtually emotionless and will be capitalizing on her tragedy for years to come. She can't even tell the story without all the dramatics. I don't believe for a second her ring was being sized. She had no intention of marrying Brad. Hopefully he will put this behind him and find someone who is really into him. Emily can then tell her story 50 million more times. On a less mean note: her hair looked much nicer but I still can't stand her.

JerseyGirl411

JerseyGirl411

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:19 PM

I hope they do a Jake/Vienna trainwreck show when these two break up.

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Emily looked beautiful tonight. No more Barbie look for her. She basically said what Jen Scheff did after her Andy Tires season - they had a great relationship and wonderful moments together, but you wouldn't know it by watching the show. She also seemed annoyed about getting the 'perfect princess' edit and I loved her comment about Chantel getting the sharks and her getting a cliff top.

Odd how they tried to make her problems with Angry Brad about the show and not maybe about the BS coming out about him and his ex. I hope she stays far away from Austin.

That Dr. Phil 'couples couch' thing was really weird. Like watching a cult of 7 (Chris and the 'successes') trying to suck in the unwilling new recruit.

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

That was really painful to watch...

First he basically tells Chantal that he strung her along, without actually saying that. But she knew it and it made her cry.

Then the two have them have been having volatile fights during the airing of this season. They break up, they claim to be back on, but I'm not convinced.

She doesn't want to move to Austin. He has a temper. She says she's not ready to get married. The audience gasps. He winces. She smiles a "pageant" smile. They keep saying that they love each other like they are trying to convince themselves. I cringe a little.

I think this ship has sailed. If not, it needs a lot of couples counseling.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

I mean, look - I don't fault him for not picking either girl before in his first season. In fact, I applauded it and never saw the point in picking someone just for appearances. Yet, that's what I think he did here. He knew he'd be branded an asshole forever if he didn't pick someone, so he made his choice. I see zero chemistry between him and Emily, but by coming back a second time, he kind of had to choose someone in the long run, didn't he?

Its all part of the story arc. He didn't choose someone the first time around because that is what the producers had him do....they needed to change it up that year. Now bring him back as a changed man is another arc for this series to change it up.

heather08

heather08

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

Another Bachelor relationship bites the dust. These two will never get married. In fact, I think they will split shortly after the show wraps today.
Emily is nice, but she clearly has cold feet about this relationship. Having a child, her priorities are different from most women her age. She has less need--and less time-- for a "relationship," as such. As for Brad, he is telling her he loves her too much. I think he's trying to convince himself. The fact that they are fighting is a bad sign. I give it a month, at most.

Allie2010

Allie2010

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:23 PM

Interesting how Emily said Brad's brother asked her if she had " Poked the bear yet " and that now she knows what it means. Scary and pretty much sums up what many here saw.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:23 PM

They are sooooo breaking up. Boy Brad is totally whipped. I honestly believe he loves her, but I got the feeling she was just stringing him along.

Also her hair looked SO much better.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

Emily looked beautiful tonight. No more Barbie look for her. She basically said what Jen Scheff did after her Andy Tires season - they had a great relationship and wonderful moments together, but you wouldn't know it by watching the show. She also seemed annoyed about getting the 'perfect princess' edit and I loved her comment about Chantel getting the sharks and her getting a cliff top.

No shit...Emily was cracking me up! She's all, well, YEAH, based on what I saw I would have picked Chantal! I can be fun too, give me a zip line!

Hee! They never really got an activity date, did they? I mean, other than the NASCAR date of doom.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

Another thing I notice is the jlted girl always asks the bachelor why did you keep me there when you knew you were in love with someone else. Its a TV show, he has to keep that person there. Its not a question that can even be answered legitimately.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

This was painful to watch. Clearly , Emily & Brad have many issues to deal with before they get married. I am glad that they are waiting.

It must be very tough for Emily to consider uprooting Ricky & take her to Austin. I doubt Ricky's grandparents would be very happy about this.

I wonder what kind of hours Brad works in Austin. If he is a partner in several bars, then presumably he has to be at the locations at all hours.

This is not a lifestyle conducive to being married with a small step child.

It is very telling that they haven't seen each other for a month.

I thought Chris Harrison's intervention with all the "successful couples" was awkward.

I think Emily is the first woman on the show to complain about the fantasy dates with the other women. She's right.

How can Brad explain his behavior?

I hope it works out for them, but the odds are slim that they will get married

Edited by oakville1969, Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:28 PM.

redvelvet

redvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

I don't think Emily and Brad will last much longer either, but I wonder if part of her appeal for Brad is the fact that she isn't just racing down to Austin to be with him. I know she has her daughter to think about, but even without her I don't think Emily would be on her way there. She clearly has a mind of her own and seems pretty sensible about things. But, I think just about anyone else on that show would already be moving their things into Brad's place! LOL.