S11: NeNe Leakes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

74 replies to this topic

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2011 @ 2:13 PM

The problem with NeNe is her delivery but what she says is 100% true. When she mentioned Star's reputation and Trump tried to clean things up by saying that Star has a great reputation. I wish NeNe would have said, "I guess that's why your talk show on Court TV got canceled."

NeNe's issue is that today, people have become very sensitive. We live in a culture where no one gets called on bad behaviors and everybody just dances around the huge elephant in the room, no matter what it is. If NeNe was 5'2" no one would be "scared" of her at all.

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

If NeNe was 5'2" no one would be "scared" of her at all.

NeNe wouldn't be the same kind of physical threat if she were 5'2". As tall and largely built as NeNe is, I'm sure she realizes that she's physically intmidating to smaller people, and I believe she uses it.

The problem with NeNe is her delivery but what she says is 100% true.

NeNe's problem isn't only her delivery, it's her timing. She might say some true things, but she has no sense of when to say them. When she gets angry, she goes off like a geyser, not caring who is around or what effect it has. When she got pissed at LaToya, they had just won the challenge. Instead of letting her teammates enjoy their victory, and speaking to LaToya later, she had her big blow-up then. She should have realized that the object of her anger should have been Trump, for the questions he asked. At most, she should have calmly told LaToya that it wasn't personal, and left it at that, but she doesn't have that kind of self-control.

In this latest challenge, going off on Star in front of the client showed once again how poor her timing is. If she had played it smart, she'd have kept her anger to herself at first, and saved all that stuff for the boardroom. Then she would have had less problems during the task, and been able to blindside Star in the boardroom. If it had been Ivanka, or some other sensible mogul besides Trump making the decision who to fire, NeNe's behavior in front of the client would have been a perfect justification for firing. Hope might have been low-key and one of the weaker players, but at least she was able to behave more professionally than NeNe.

NeNe might have survived this time, but between two losses as PM and after that tantrum, I suspect she's on borrowed time in this competition. Trump will probably keep her for as long as possible for drama, then cut her loose just before the final task.

33 Sheets

33 Sheets

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2011 @ 10:35 PM

Ugh, glad Nene went AWOL and quit. She just grates.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2011 @ 11:42 PM

And totally fucked over La Toya in the process. Some friend.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2011 @ 5:43 AM

Nene would've been dead weight for Latoya anyway. Nene barely has money herself, no way could she actually raise money in a fundraising task. She has no big guns to call upon. That's the REAL reason she quit, most likely. She's a a coward for not wanting to face getting fired, and a loser for winning zero money for her charity. She was out of place on this show from day one.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2011 @ 8:31 PM

So this is why NeNe quit, huh.

This morning on Today, Nene Leakes discussed her early departure from Celebrity Apprentice—having abruptly quit the show after developing a harsh rivalry with Star Jones—saying she actually left because of the philosophy behind a domestic abuse slogan for women: "If the situation isn't good, you get out."

She must have just come up with that this morning.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

NeNe's issue is that today, people have become very sensitive.

Nah, NeNe's issue is that she's a loose cannon, and often a bully.

Not to say Star isn't a bully too. Just in a Dagger-in-your-back kind of way, versus NeNe, who'd stick it right in your chest while laughing in your face.

NeNe vs. Star is wacko vs. wacko. Taking sides behind one or the other makes little sense to me, since neither is a kind of person I think I could stand in real life.

Jaundiced Eye

Jaundiced Eye

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 1:18 PM

What in the hell was Nene thinking by threatening Star? Don't she know Star is still an active attorney and a former prosecutor with a stellar conviction rate? Nene, take a chill pill. If you continue to push Star, she will be forced to go legal eagle on you.

I'm certainly not defending NeNe because she is odious. But if Star is to "go legal eagle" on NeNe, she will have to hire one, and I don't think she'd pony up the big bucks it would take to hire a gunner. They are a whole different breed, and I can't imagine one would lower him- or herself to take on such a trivial matter -- or to dirty their client list with someone like Star Jones.

By the way, Star is no longer licensed to practice law, so it is technically inaccurate to refer to her as an attorney.

sanguinity

sanguinity

Just Tuned In

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 1:24 PM

I am disappointed in Nene for quittng. I think she will live to regret that decision. Star is a bully IMHO!

TotalMagnum357

TotalMagnum357

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 3:32 PM

I'm sure the Reality TV Hall of Shame is going to have a field day with NeNe's decision to quit for no good reason. NeNe just screwed over her own charity.

Edited by TotalMagnum357, May 10, 2011 @ 3:32 PM.

sanguinity

sanguinity

Just Tuned In

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 6:12 PM

I am really disappointed in her. I thought she was tougher than that.It was selfish to her team and the charity. I think Nene has some emotional issues that she needs to deal with soon. Celebrity ruins some who are weak.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 8:14 PM

What in the hell was Nene thinking by threatening Star? Don't she know Star is still an active attorney and a former prosecutor with a stellar conviction rate? Nene, take a chill pill. If you continue to push Star, she will be forced to go legal eagle on you.

Well... Star is still a vindictive bitch, sure. But an active attorney? No. She's unlicensed/uncertified and has been for many years.

vildachaia

vildachaia

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2011 @ 7:35 PM

I am really disappointed in her. I thought she was tougher than that.

I never saw any of the RH's, but I never got "tough" from NeNe. I got weak, easily manipulated. I thought being prone to shouting made her loud, but not tough.

heydude08

heydude08

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2011 @ 6:44 AM

NeNe had a big chip on her shoulder and kept shooting off her mouth to make herself feel equal to the other gals. She should have never been on there.

TotalMagnum357

TotalMagnum357

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2011 @ 3:05 PM

As I predicted, NeNe just made the Reality TV Hall of Shame and she truly deserves that dishonor.

Reality TV Hall of Shame

But then again, is anyone really surprised by that outcome? NeNe brought all that upon herself.