S11: Lil Jon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 12:25 AM

It's Lil Jon! LIL JON!!!! Who the hell is Lit-tle Jon? (Or Lilllllll Jon, a la the announcer?)

For somebody who couldn't rhyme about ejaculation, testicles and body sweat, he did a helluva job tonight. Skeet skeet skeet!

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 10:43 PM

I was expecting more funny from Lil John. I'm disappointed.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2011 @ 9:28 AM

I liked him mostly, so far. However, his annoyance at someone not looking him in the eye? Seriously, dude.. as long as you have those silly looking sunglasses on- indoors for gawdsake- then you have nothing to complain about there. Whatsoever.

I assume he thinks it's cool or something. Instead, he looks like a major tool.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:42 PM

Fantastic job last night. Under that persona is a smart dude!

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:48 PM

To be honest, I came into this show thinking Li'il John would be an early elimination. I really didn't think he was that smart, and would be able to work well in a group.

Every episode has proved me wrong. He does work well with others. Two episodes ago, he played the "sane man". In this episode, he successfully led his team to victory, against all the odds.

I told my father about it, and he reminded me that Lil John is a producer. He does have some business smarts.

nospin

nospin

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 9:46 PM

Fantastic job last night. Under that persona is a smart dude!

ITA. The guy is ugly and brilliant. His idea for a viral video was genius.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2011 @ 2:44 PM

Anyone who's followed his career over the past decade know whether or not he's cross eyed? He's always hiding behind his sunglasses.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2011 @ 4:09 PM

I think the sunglasses are just part of his "brand". I mean, I know it's a little different (since we could see their eyes), but no one ever asked Trace Adkins to take his hat off, or Bret Michaels to remove the bandanna.

hissyfit

hissyfit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2011 @ 5:39 AM

He could also have super sensitive eyes. I've known some people who wear shades constantly because the light hurts their eyes. If it's for a look, it's a wee bit rude. I like him, though. He's very smart and he works well with all types of people.

orionlion

orionlion

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2011 @ 8:16 AM

but no one ever asked Trace Adkins to take his hat off, or Bret Michaels to remove the bandanna

Yeah, and at least with Bret when he does take off the bandanna- it's kind of a scary thing. Lil Jon may have some beady eyes under those shades that we would all wish we hadn't seen. That, or else, he just would cease to BE Lil Jon (Like Flava Flav does take that clock off sometimes... but he loses his Flav-ness a bit when he does)

The shades never bother me. And really the only person on the show who seems to have an issue with it is Gary... who bless him, Gary has a lot of issues...

Edited by orionlion, Mar 31, 2011 @ 8:17 AM.

vildachaia

vildachaia

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2011 @ 7:07 PM

I also noticed that he said his idea was going to go over strong, or "badly". I have a pet peeve about the fact that most people don't use adverbs anymore, so that instantly made his stock go way up in my book.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2011 @ 2:59 AM

All that money, and we see him on a candy bar cell phone that looks like it was made in 19-dickety-four and came with an Amp'd Mobile prepaid plan. I love this guy.

Whudup piiiiiiiiiiiimpin!!!

Edited by RentEmSpoons, Apr 4, 2011 @ 3:00 AM.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 6:19 PM

...without sunglasses

http://www.wayodd.co...k-photo-03X.jpg

School nerd re-invents himself!

dexie

dexie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Lil Jon working with Gary Busey on Conan - ha!

Edited by dexie, Apr 11, 2011 @ 9:14 PM.

hissyfit

hissyfit

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 5:40 AM

That was funny. I can imagine that it would be exhausting dealing with Busey for 12 hours.

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 2:02 PM

Admittedly being totally unfamiliar with him except by name before this show, each week I'm loving this guy more and more. And now he's really my favorite.

hissyfit

hissyfit

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2011 @ 5:15 PM

He comes across really well. Smart, articulate, funny and honest. He knows when to shut up and when to step up. He'd be an awesome boss.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

MY HOMIE @johnrich GAVE ME A COWBOY HAT! WUT Y'ALL THINK? I LOVE ITTTT!

@Laguna_ChrisT @LilJon I have a record out called "RichRocks!" Featuring Lil Jon! Its country crunk!

I think the Jo(h)ns are going to stay close for a long time.

bellalleb

bellalleb

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 8:23 AM

The friendship between John Rich and Lil Jon is the best thing about this season. I'm excited to hear their music collaborations-- country crunk? Ok!

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:58 PM

I love this dude. He is so creative. Lisa Lampenelli and Aubrey whatever her name is, need to watch him and take notes. He is how you "do" creative.

orionlion

orionlion

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:49 AM

Yesterday I went to Zumba after having skipped a couple weeks. This Zumba instructor likes to mix a lot of CRUNK in with the usual Latin/ Reggaeton and those are always the toughest routines to get through. I was already hurting just from having skipped several classes- but I was still handling the songs I was familiar with. She glanced at me midway through and said "By the way, I've added a new one since you were here last, think you can handle it?" I was all sure sure, I've gotten this far.

Well, as soon as the new song came up I heard Lil Jon's voice and cried out "Oh crap! I'm in trouble!" The Zumba instructor said "But we haven't started yet!" I said "I hear Lil Jon, I know this is gonna kill me" Zumba instructor was all "Yeah, you're probably right." Everyone else was nodding. CRUNK always = trouble.

Sure enough, I can barely move today. Thanks a bunch Lil Jon! ;-P!

In more Apprentice news, I'm still rooting for him to take it all the way. Even as I'm almost to sore to type this. If he wins, apparently the American Diabetes will get the money- so Bret Michael's has nothing to cry over. However, I wonder, was that always Lil Jon's charity of choice? Or did he decide to give to the American Diabetes after Bret came in with good intentions and was royally screwed over by the Trump.

Last time, Lil Jon was playing for the United Methodist Children's Center or something. Not that folks can't switch up their charities (Trace did) But I just wonder if Lil Jon didn't make the switch after the fact for Bret. It seems odd they both would have come in swinging for Diabetes at first. Also Lil Jon kept saying he wanted to give "a check" to American Diabetes. Usually folks say they're playing for blah blah and expecting to bring in lots of money over several tasks. It almost made me think he would give this task's proceeds to Diabetes and then would play for something else later. If it had been a longer show, maybe there would have been more time for explaination. (Not that I'm knocking the shorter show format)

ObstinantGirl

ObstinantGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

I'm pretty impressed by this guy. I have no idea who he is, or what "crunk" (music?) is, which probably makes me sound older than I am (!), but he's clearly very intelligent. And he handles himself very well in terms of the social part of the game. I like him!

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 3:45 AM

Last time, Lil Jon was playing for the United Methodist Children's Center or something. Not that folks can't switch up their charities (Trace did) But I just wonder if Lil Jon didn't make the switch after the fact for Bret.

I think we got the answer to this last night.  His mother's diabetes came out of remission last year and she had a stroke.  So that would completely explain why he's changed charities.

zookeepertx

zookeepertx

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

It has bugged me all season, and again last night, that Trump invariably calls Lil Jon "Little Jon". Jon has proven himself to be an intelligent, creative, professional person. So, although I have no use for his type of music, I would show the man the respect to call him by the name he has chosen to use! I fail to see why Trump can't manage that! Everybody else on the show was able to say it right! And Trump got his panties all in a wad because his wife's name was misspelled on 1 task, so, you'd THINK he'd be aware of something like that.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

It has bugged me all season, and again last night, that Trump invariably calls Lil Jon "Little Jon".

ITA! Trump was not the only one, I think it was Marilu who did also.  I kept thinking 'Can't they see his darn laptop-it says "Lil' Jon! 

My heart went out to him last night; I, too, lost my mom due to complications from diabetes. Most people are not aware how tragic of a disease this is.