S11: Jose Canseco

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16 replies to this topic

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 6:18 PM

Anybody else think, given both his physical build and his hyper-aggressiveness towards Richard Hatch, that he still might be juicing?

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 2:26 PM

This guys is a piece of work, I'll tell you that. Hatch is no picnic either, but of the two I consider Canseco worse. Not one, but TWO different domestic abuse "incidents" with different spouses, and lots of other scummy behavior in his past.

Some try to sell his outing of the steroid use in baseball as heroic, but even that doesn't stand up that well, since he was careful to only do so AFTER he'd made all his money, and for a huge payday with a book deal.

His "I've always looked out for the little guy" routine is certainly laughable.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 4:17 AM

So what new things did we find out about Jose Canseco this time around?

Apparently that when he's not in the midst of a Roid Rage, he powers down and naps a lot.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 5:09 AM

Anybody else think, given both his physical build and his hyper-aggressiveness towards Richard Hatch, that he still might be juicing?

From what I know of long-term use, just from observing a couple people who I knew to be long-term users of steroids, the rage thing doesn't seem to dissipate. It's anecdotal and maybe it's just personality to begin with but when Canseco keeps getting all hepped up I don't think it's necessarily still using as did, if it's not just his general assiness.

I admit I was kind of on his side in the book task, as language is specific and why not just fix it, but this episode he just wanted to disagree with every damn thing, it seemed.

So what new things did we find out about Jose Canseco this time around?

That he's fucking rude. Stand up when the boss comes into the room to check on you and you haven't seen her all day, tool.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 6:06 AM

He's a big, old, worthless turd

Visan

Visan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 9:52 AM

Jose is a jerk, but I understand his attitude toward Richard Hatch, whom I find to be an even bigger jerk!

TheLady2

TheLady2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 11:17 AM

I'm confused why no one stepped up and asked him to help out. Unless they were afraid of his temper.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2011 @ 12:37 PM

I'm confused why no one stepped up and asked him to help out. Unless they were afraid of his temper.

The man snaps at everyone, and they all know that he could literally break any of them in two, using his bare hands. So my guess is yes... they are terrified of him. Except maybe Gary, who's too far gone to notice. Gary simply FORGOT Canseco was there, I'd bet, since the only way things seemed to get done under Gary was if people volunteered, and obviously Canseco didn't.

Edited by WileyCoyote, Mar 21, 2011 @ 12:38 PM.

JaundiceMachine

JaundiceMachine

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 24, 2011 @ 4:44 PM

I'm surprised no one mentioned his creepy colored contacts. I know that blue eyes tend to humanize, but between the contacts and the twitch (to say nothing of the roid-induced bouts of self-righteousness), I involuntarily shudder every time he's on the camera. Something about him feels altogether. . . unnatural. Maybe it's just his penchant for spousal abuse. . .

Did enjoy seeing he still maintains his fondness of wearing woman's clothing, though.

Edited by JaundiceMachine, Mar 24, 2011 @ 4:49 PM.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2011 @ 11:17 PM

I know that blue eyes tend to humanize

Not when they're smack in the middle of the Red Sea.

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2011 @ 11:37 PM

Jose reminds me of the way Superman was drawn in the old comic books. He has the powerful build, the black hair, the chiseled features. If his eyes held any warmth and humor like, for example, Bret Michaels, he'd be gorgeous. As it is, he looks like a thug. And a twitchy, not too bright thug at that. He's kinda scary.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:16 PM

More troubles for Jose:

Jose Canseco accused of subbing twin for fight

hissyfit

hissyfit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 7:08 PM

He's a douche. I read some of his tweets explaining why it was acceptable to sub his twin. And he's stupid. Like people wouldn't notice a big tattoo was suddenly gone.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2011 @ 7:37 PM

Ah. I thought just from the headline that he went in place of his twin. But it seems more in line with what we know of Jose for his lazy ass to be the one who needed filling in for. And indeed that's what happened. Jose made a commitment and couldn't be bothered to fulfill it.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Mar 30, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

I just wonder what went through his head when NeNe started talking about her charity in the boardroom and the fact that she, Marlee, and La Toya had all endured years of abusive relationships. Do you think he even for a nanosecond thought about the role that he's played in creating abusive relationships with the women in his life?

Edited by legaleagle44, Mar 30, 2011 @ 1:39 PM.

orionlion

orionlion

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2011 @ 12:33 PM

Do you think he even for a nanosecond thought about the role that he's played in creating abusive relationships with the women in his life?

Not fair of me to assume what's in going on in his head- but part of me thinks he was just mentally humming the jingle to Golden Grahams while the women were relaying tales of domestic abuse. That or Camping World.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2011 @ 1:04 PM

I just wonder what went through his head when Nene started talking about her charity in the boardroom and the fact that she, Marlee, and Latoya had all endured years of abusive relationships. Do you think he even for a nanosecond thought about the role that he's played in creating abusive relationships with the women in his life?

I'd bet not. And I'd also bet that NeNe, Marlee and LaToya likely don't know he's a wife beating son of a bitch. Because if they HAD bothered to Google him pre-show, they'd know, and possibly walked off the show.