Heavily Ever After

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

11 replies to this topic

Pleasesendpants

Pleasesendpants

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 9:20 AM

This was like some horrible SNL sketch. I really don't know the point they were going for. Maybe, "Co-dependent, abusive assholes come in all shapes and sizes!"

Nuthatch1

Nuthatch1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 9:27 AM

I watched part of this trainwreck last night. I had to turn it off midway through each episode---the stair climbing fiasco, and the whining babyish stupidity over getting a new dog. It was an AWFUL show---the guy was literally a big fat blubbering baby, and his enabler KAYE (I only know her name because he kept shrieking for her at the top of his lungs) must either have no self dignity or be a true saint on earth.

I give that show another week or two to bite the dust. Truly awful.

kbdid

kbdid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 11:09 AM

Wow, big (imo closeted) whiny guy got them their own show with his antics. She enabled him into becoming so HUGE, gonna be hard to turn that around.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 11:18 AM

Addicted to food and unable to work because of it, verbally abusive to wife, vain, self-absorbed. NICE testimony there, brother. Did you think about the 30,000 kids dying of hunger every day when you were shoveling mounds of cheese into your cart?

Last thing I want to see is a half hour of a food-addict trying to climb a small set of stairs. Good thing his wife loves him because I'd be fantasizing about an unattended grease fire.* Now I must go pray for forgiveness.

*But he'd no doubt notice the candle up his butt.

Edited by TedHinD, Mar 7, 2011 @ 11:22 AM.

Rhettwoods

Rhettwoods

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 12:38 PM

Oh wow, oh wow! That's all I can say. That man was so vile; I can only think that his wife had/has no self-esteem and feels that this man is what she deserves in life. Even in their wedding and pre-wedding pictures, you can see what he will become. The spoiled child personality came through even in those early pictures. Did the show ever say how they got money to buy that house and for both of them to be able not to work.

With that personality, even if he was a buff 180 lbs and looked like George Clooney, I would be out of there. Wanting a puppy? Arguing over a pineapple? (does he know how hard it is to cut a fresh pineapple?) Putting three times as much cheese in the basket as necessary? Yelling at his wife for food while she was busy upstairs. (Yeah, sorry you can't get up to get your own meal, but that might be the best thing for). I notice that we saw 2 episodes last night, and that there are no more episodes scheduled that I can see.

This show looked like it was shot as some kind of a "test" show by friends of Kaye in order to see if TLC would pick it up. If this man were the least bit sympathetic, I might give a darn. He is a human being, so I do care about him in that way, but I could not bring up one ounce of caring whether he lost an ounce or not, other than what it was doing to his poor wife.

One thing I noticed in this show --- on other shows where one person in the household is so fat that they can't get their own food, I wondered why the other people in the house would keep feeding them. After watching this and the fit that the man (I can't even remember his name; I've blocked it out) threw when his wife wouldn't stop fixing up the house for the dinner party to feed him his lunch, I can see -- they just want the noise to stop.

Pleasesendpants

Pleasesendpants

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 5:23 PM

The one thing this show quickly did was let me see past his size and focus on what a truly horrible person he is.

Run, Kaye, run fast.

goldensglitter

goldensglitter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 6:57 PM

I was wondering about the money factor myself. Seriously, that home looks well taken care of and maintained......who and with what money is that happening with? Neither work I presume.

Freddie, you're a piece of work. Obnoxious to Kaye and I'm not sure what keeps her around. You're not a hero because you lost weight. Why buy a home when you could never go upstairs to see it????? Weird. You should have left the pineapple, it was totally green anyway, and pigging out on the mozzarella cheese like that won't help you one bit. Moderation should be kept in mind even when splurging.

Really TLC, do we need these people on our televisions?

stellamystar

stellamystar

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

*new here*

Freddie is a bit queeny in more ways than his royal attitude. Poor Kaye and her terrible eyebrows..... can you imagine decorating your house with your husband watching you on the computer-chat camera?
Kaye's sister looked quite skeptical of their arrangement, too.

Some of it, - pineapple incident - Freddie was hamming for the camera. I felt so badly for the woman at the pet store who indulged them with the snake handling...

amyfloyd2

amyfloyd2

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

I notice that we saw 2 episodes last night, and that there are no more episodes scheduled that I can see.

The promos on TLC kept saying "new special" rather than "new series," though it was certainly set up like two separate episodes of a series. If they aren't planning to air any other episodes, I wonder why they didn't just edit them into a one-hour special.

Paradise19

Paradise19

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

The promos on TLC kept saying "new special" rather than "new series," though it was certainly set up like two separate episodes of a series. If they aren't planning to air any other episodes, I wonder why they didn't just edit them into a one-hour special.

Because they are waiting to hear what we have to say, to decide whether or not to continue with a series!

I don't mind watching this trainwreck on TV. Yeah, Freddie is insufferable but his antics still had me laughing at the whole mess. I do find Kay quite endearing, even if her eyebrows look like (mismatched) triangles. But it's obvious the poor woman must spend so much time waxing, trimming, and pampering Freddie that she has no time or energy to do up her own looks once in awhile. But her deeds far outweigh her homely appearance.

This couple was featured on an earlier TLC special called "Ton of Love." Here's a link to the discussion:

Ton of Love TWOP forum

And yes, the "queen" speculation was roaring back then too! Those engagement pics pretty much sealed the deal for me. I honestly thought he was a big-boned lesbian with the bleach blonde hair and piercing. Yowza!

KariLois

KariLois

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2011 @ 11:56 AM

I don't necessarily feel sorry for either of them. They both get what they need out of this bizarre, sexless relationship. First off, Freddie must have an inkling that he's gay. I imagine that is a huge reason why he's so overweight. I think one big reason why he is plateauing is because once he loses all that weight, he will be forced into a physical relationship with Kay. Kay, I think, likes playing the role of mommy/martyr to Freddie. It may give her feelings of self-worth. I don't think she is a saint--I think they're both codependent as hell.

mom23boys

mom23boys

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Sorry to bring this topic back to the forefront but they are showing a marathon on Discovery Fit and Health and hubby and I just watched when Freddie tried to climb the steps in his house. When he was walking around the back of the house he said he popped his calf and my husband spit out his soda laughing and said he doesn't even have calves, just marrow...lol! I know we are on a rocket to hell for that one!