Scotty McCreery: Nuts of Wonder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

651 replies to this topic

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Scotty will be performing tomorrow night on AI...his latest release, Water Tower Town.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

His next single is Water Tower Town, really? Out of all the uptempos on CAD? But I suppose country radio will eat it up and Scotty probably connects with it since he comes from a small town himself.

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:16 AM

Scotty's performance last night on American Idol of "Water Tower Town" was really good. I don't care for the song too much, but I really enjoy watching Scotty perform. His voice sounded wonderful singing, and he really worked the stage with so much confidence. He really exudes happiness when he performs and makes me feel happy too. I thought it was such a sweet, special moment when Jimmy Iovine presented Scotty with a plaque for having a platinum album for "Clear As Day." And Scotty is still just as sweet and humble as ever. I'm so glad he has had all his success this past year.

But a beautiful song I would like to hear Scotty perform live on American Idol is "Please Remember Me." I love this song for the exit song this season on Idol. I think Scotty sings it so beautifully, and it really showcases his voice. I love hearing the small part they play on the results shows so far. It's my 2nd favorite song of his besides "I Love You This Big."

BootStar

BootStar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

I've always loved Scotty's voice, but that song was so bloody awful I had to FF through it. What absolute dreck. Too bad they can't give the kid some decent material to sing. So many great old country songs out there that he could really do justice to, and he's stuck singing that wretched, formulaic pablum. The presentation of the platinum album by Jimmy Iovine was really sweet though. I guess those horribly composed songs are what sells these days. /smh

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

Guess one person's wretched pablum is another's fun, energetic song. If I'd FFd through it, I wouldn't know whether I liked the song or not.

I don't want him doing covers of old songs. I'm glad he recorded original songs (except one by Keith)...they may not all be perfect, but they are new.

BootStar

BootStar

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Guess one person's wretched pablum is another's fun, energetic song. If I'd FFd through it, I wouldn't know whether I liked the song or not. I don't want him doing covers of old songs. I'm glad he recorded original songs (except one by Keith)...they may not all be perfect, but they are new.

For the record, I caught the following lyrics and then FF'ed through the rest of the performance:

In a water tower town everybody waves,
Church doors are the only thing that's open on Sundays
Word travels fast, wheels turn slow
Yeah workin' hard and livin' right is the only life we know

Friday night football is king
Sweet tea goes good with anything
The fireflies come out when the sun goes down.
Nobody eats 'til you say amen
And everybody knows your mom and them
You can see who loves who for miles around
In a water tower town.

Maybe Scotty penned those lyrics, in which case I guess "new" trumps everything else, but if you're going to sing somebody else's songs, why not choose some good ones? Why does it matter when it was written? As if most folks who listen to the radio would know one way or the other.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

I'm impressed... you'd never heard the song before, but you remembered all of those lyrics. I usually have to hear a song a couple of times before I can quote entire verses. (I'm sure you didn't just go to a lyrics site, and copy them down. lol.)

He didn't write it -- but it's one he personally chose to do for the CD.

I'd rather he record new songs rather than be branded a copy-cat or karaoke singer. Don't think the world needs covers of Shania, etc. anyway. He's been working on writing some songs for his next album. Maybe you'll want to memorize some of them.

Edited by sinycalone, Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:51 PM.

BootStar

BootStar

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

(I'm sure you didn't just go to a lyrics site, and copy them down. lol.)

No, that's exactly what I did. Is there some rule against that here? I think the song sucks. It's as simple as that. It's my opinion and, as far as I know, it's okay to say that here. And I never said anything about Scotty covering Shania Twain, so I have no idea where that came from.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Miscommunication, Bootstar -- I was joking about your going to a lyric site. I wasn't warning you about some TWOP rules.

Lots of songs I hate others love -- no big deal if you hate Water Tower Town. The reference to Shania Twain was in response to your wishing he'd do some covers of oldies instead of new songs. Shania just came to mind because she's trying to make a comeback, I guess. Substitute the artist of your choice.

AllShiny

AllShiny

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

I'm perfectly OK with corny, so Water Tower Town is fine by me.

On the other hand, Gone and Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not (remakes, obviously) remain two of my favorite Scotty songs, and are on my commute playlist.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

Just a heads up for those in the Atlanta area...Scotty will be performing May 26 after the Braves game. If you aren't interested in the Braves, you can buy a separate ticket. Of course, it's at Turner Field. (Don't know how many tickets are left, they announced it about 6 weeks ago.)

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Scotty went to the prom yesterday and tweeted a photo. His date is the girl who played his lab partner in "The Trouble With Girls" video.

Miracle Max

Miracle Max

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

Scotty will be on Hart of Dixie tommorrow night at 9:00pm.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

Scotty gave two performances at the Grand Ole Opry Saturday night. (Carrie and Brad Paisley were also on the schedule). The show won't be televised until some time in June.

I don't know if anything will show up on Youtube, but someone on another forum was able to record both sets. He surprised everyone by including The Dance. He sang it a few years ago on a local talent show....but Saturday night's versions were incredible.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

Last night Scotty joined Lauren on stage at her concert to sing "When You Say Nothing At All" with her again.

ForgetYall

ForgetYall

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

A big 24 hours for Scotty: he won a CMT Award last night and had his high school graduation this morning.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

Scotty joined Tim McGraw as a surprise guest - to sing I Like It, I Love It. It was part of the Brothers of the Sun concert in Charlotte. Crowd was crazy.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XznsYoUW0ko

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

So many new things for Scotty:

His new Christmas CD will be out October 16...and it's gotten great reviews.

He's had so many sold out solo concerts over the spring and summer...into fall. And he's added more for the winter.

He added a new video backdrop for the whole of his solo concerts. Saw it last Friday in Frederick....and was very impressed. The three music videos already released were part of it -- along with 12 other videos.

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 29, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

I continue to be impressed with Scotty McCreery. I'm a buyer of Christmas music, and I plan on buying Scotty's Christmas album when it comes out. I'm really happy for all his success. He is a stellar live performer.

So I want to post a beautiful live performance from him. Years ago I saw Garth Brooks perform his beautiful song "The Dance" in concert. I love that song. And I love to hear Scotty sing that song too. Here's a wonderful performance from Scotty singing it at the Grand Ole Opry-

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Time for an update:

New Christmas CD released in October. Went to gold in early December. (Clear as Day, first CD, platinum.)

Performed before the First Family - shown December 21. Excellent concert for most concerned.

Appeared as part of the CMA Country Christmas show - just telecast twice.

Resumes classes at NCSU on January 7, 2013.

Begins solo touring Feb. 14.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

I didn't watch his Idol season (or if I did I've forgotten it), but he did a good job at the First Family concert. He has a very rich and deep voice.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 1:50 PM

Post-Idol

Season 10 American Idol tour, Scotty McCreery performing with Thia Megia, Haley Reinhart and Pia Toscano.
McCreery released his coronation single "I Love You This Big" immediately after winning the tenth season of American Idol. The song entered the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at number 32, becoming the highest debut for a debut single since the chart converted to BDS data the week of January 20, 1990.[19] The song sold 171,404 units in its first week,[20] and was certified gold on August 25, 2011. A music video for the song, shot on Angels Point near Dodger Stadium, was released on August 9, 2011.[21][22]

He signed with Mercury Nashville,[23] earning a contract that gave him over $250,000 in advances for recording the first album.[24]

Both McCreery and Lauren Alaina were invited to present at the CMT Music Awards on June 8, 2011,[25] and they also both performed on the Grand Ole Opry on June 10.[26][27] McCreery performed "I Love You This Big" and George Strait's song "Check Yes or No."[28] Their trip to Nashville was also featured later in an ABC Special CMA Music Fest: Country’s Night to Rock where McCreery performed "Your Man" with Josh Turner at the CMA Music Festival.[29]

McCreery toured with the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2011, which began in West Valley City, Utah on July 6, 2011 and ended in Manila, Philippines on September 21, 2011.

McCreery recorded Tim McGraw's "Please Remember Me" and it was released on March 8, 2012. It was used as the exit song on the eleventh season of American Idol.[30]

For anyone who cannot recall the last man standing.

Edited by LennieB, Apr 8, 2013 @ 1:51 PM.