Stalked: Someone's Watching. Really, They Are.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

oxymoron417

oxymoron417

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

Has anyone seen this new show on ID? If I Survived freaks you out, you definitely do not want to be alone watching this show at night. Not only is it scary as shit, but it also highlights the complete ineffectuality of our legal system when it comes to stalking. I just hope shows like this lead to more people passing stalking bills and laws.

Did anyone see the episode with Cameron Wallace? Her story was so frightening, especially since her stalker will be out in nine years and will, I have no doubt, come after her again, though I pray I'm wrong.

KADC

KADC

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

I've caught several episodes. The one that bothered me the most was the woman who tried to run from her stalker. He hired a PI to track her down--and killed her.

Have to say that the psychiatrist/host bugs the shit out of me, though. What I learn from her is that everything is a "bad sign." Also, she almost seems to be blaming the victims when she talks about how their actions just further the stalkers' obsessions. The worst part? Doing one thing will apparently enrage the stalker in one case, but doing the exact opposite will enrage the stalker in another. I don't think that's the point she's really trying to get across, but I can see the blame-the-victim spin very easily being put on these cases based upon some of the stuff she says.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

• Interests:eclectic

Posted Mar 2, 2011 @ 1:49 PM

I've watched them all, and agree that the psych/host bugs. What freaks me out is how tenacious these stalkers are - laying low for years, and hounding these women for over a decade!?! Makes me very grateful that I had a shrink's help when dealing with a breakup many years ago - he wanted to kill me, and she literally saved my life by "profiling" him and figuring out a way to assuage the situation and get out without being hurt or stalked for the rest of my days (it took only 2 years and a LOT of money to extricate myself from the horror).

KADC

KADC

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2011 @ 8:35 PM

Having a shrink help out seems to be the only way to have any idea what to do with these people. If being pleasant is an "invitation" but ignoring them is a "slap in the face" that enrages the stalker, how are the victims to know what to do? It really seems like a damned-if-you-do scenario.