Hines Ward: Jacking up the Competition with a Smile

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

105 replies to this topic

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2011 @ 5:57 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 3 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

ETA: Video > (Access Hollywood) DwtS S12 Week 12 Post-Results Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 3 Post-Results Interview: Kym Johnson

Hines is dancing the Paso Doble next week.

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 6, 2011 @ 5:29 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2011 @ 5:59 PM

Blog > (LA Times) Hines Ward: Discusses DwtS Week 3

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

From the Pittsburg Post-Gazette: Hines Ward is in Pittsburgh and all smiles

He says the song for the Paso is Explosive by Bond.

PiddlyPink

PiddlyPink

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 12:10 AM

Wow! That's a really fast song. I can definitely see it used for a Paso, but it's going to take some finesse to choreograph it so that it's not too frantic.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 6:06 AM

I thought this week was Classical Week. Since when is "Explosive" a classical piece of music?

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 8:14 AM

Well, this is DWTS, so the only thing "Classical" about the week seems to be the 40-piece orchestra they're bringing in. Other than that, no, it's not.

Yrakj

Yrakj

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 7:27 PM

Wow! That's a really fast song. I can definitely see it used for a Paso, but it's going to take some finesse to choreograph it so that it's not too frantic.

Kym has already choreographed a pro dance paso doble to "Explosive" when Bond were guest performers on the Australian DWTS.

See http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

It is a bit frantic in some parts, but I think the DWTS orchestra can slow down the song slightly for the sake of Hines. Fingers cross it wil turn out great!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

OK, that will work for the Paso Doble. I can even see how it fits the theme of Classical Week, even though it's really about as "classical" as "The Final Countown." And if Kym can do something along the lines of what she did in Australia, Hines should get some very high scores indeed this week.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2011 @ 10:04 PM

And if Kym can do something along the lines of what she did in Australia, Hines should get some very high scores indeed this week.

Hines has natural rhythm and Kym has magic..My bet is that they are going to do really well this week.

dancingwithKym

dancingwithKym

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2011 @ 9:51 AM

I am incredibly excited about this Paso Doble! First of all, I'm not sure whether Kym choreographed the paso doble she did on the Aussie version of DWTS but she probably did or both her and her partner did it. I don't know who choreographed it. Secondly, the Paso Doble is one of my favorites dance choreographed by Kym. Both her Paso Dobles with Warren and Joey got encore so her choreography in the dance is really amazing and creative! So I can't wait to see how Hines pulls it off and I think he will do it very well and maybe get another 9 or even a 10! Be sure to really vote for them tomorrow, they had a tiring week with a lot of sightseeing and traveling in Pittsburgh so they might need us now more than ever!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 5:57 AM

Video > Hines Ward and Kym Johnson Talk DwtS At Awards Dinner In Pittsburg, PA

ETA: Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 4 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 12, 2011 @ 5:07 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2011 @ 5:54 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 4 Post-Results Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2011 @ 6:53 PM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Hines Ward Discusses His Relationship With His Mother

Video > (Access Hollywood) Inside Hines Ward's Dancing Rehearsal - April 15, 2011

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 4:57 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 5 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

DWTSaddict

DWTSaddict

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

Interesting recap from Lacey.

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson:
These two got the high score of the night for their rumba and he dressed up as an American solider coming home from the war, so it was just very sweet and touching. Hines is seriously just so charming especially with Kym. There is some serious chemistry going on between those two that I don’t know if anyone else has caught on to. They’re just so flirty and giddy and cutesy. It’s just so adorable, they seriously act like little kids.

http://www.tvsquad.c...certain-celebs/

Then there's this from dwtsgossip.
http://twitter.com/#!/DWTSGossip/statu...615601395634178

They're both single, right. Good for them I say.

raining

raining

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 3:13 PM

Thanks for the links.

I just read this too:

Hines Ward and Kym Johnson were positively giddy (and flirty with each other) while talking about their big scores, despite feeling less than ready. "We were so nervous about this one. It was the first slow dance," Kym tells us. Hines quickly jumped in to gush about his partner. "She inspired me and she motivated me to dance my tail off," he says. Then the interview took a turn for the awkward when Hines joked he tried to "tongue her" during the dance and then revealed hat his lady that was a distraction. "She can't keep wearing that dress. I'll tell you that," he tells us.

[url="http://"%20<a%20href="http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b237064_attention_dancing_with_stars_fans_petra.html#ixzz1K09gkdyD""%20target="_blank">http://au.eonline.co...th_...1K09gkdyD"</a>"]Link - E Online Article[/url]

Is something going on here?? I didn't realize both were single.

I really love their partnership this season. The rumba wasn't my favorite dance of his, but considering the song and the theme they pulled it off pretty well.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 4:12 PM

Just wanted to say how terribly overscored his Rumba was? To say it was the best dance of the season so far, score wise, shows how their favoritism.

Aside from a few nice poses, and some hips, he didn't do much. Not to mention their ending lift which Carrie Ann called a lift when Nicole and Derek did it on their finale Rumba. Once again, shows her inconsistent judging.

raining

raining

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 4:38 PM

Aside from a few nice poses, and some hips, he didn't do much.

The Rumba isn't the most interesting dance to watch. I went back and watched Emmitt's rumba and thought he didn't move much, he also got high scores. But the moves he did were very smooth and clean and Hines did the same. It's not about counting how many steps they jam in.

I think it's a bit off-putting when there is only one Rumba on the night, because you can't compare it to the more showy dances like the Samba.

I enjoyed the dance. I think people are upset about the scoring because Hines is a real threat. He wasn't overscored, imo.

Carrie-Ann has never been consistent over the lifts either.

Video: Access Hollywood - Hines & Kym address romance rumors

Interesting :)

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2011 @ 4:43 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 5 Post-Results Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

ETA: Video > (Access Hollywood) DwtS S12 Week 5 Post-Results Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 20, 2011 @ 6:27 PM.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2011 @ 9:55 PM

I enjoyed the dance. I think people are upset about the scoring because Hines is a real threat. He wasn't overscored, imo.

I have liked Hines since week 1, and I don't see him as a threat..I see him as the real deal, but I didn't like his performance this week at all. I do think he was way overscored, and I think this was his worst dance yet rather than his best. With that said, I am hopeful for some better performances to come.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2011 @ 1:17 PM

Hines Ward Discusses His Gassy ‘Dancing’ Rehearsal Faux Pas
Cute. "Don't eat Gyros before you do ballroom dancing."

I though Hines did well on Monday. He didn't grab the spot-light - true - but the Rumba is the woman's dance. The man's job is to provide the frame, support, and backdrop for her. Hines did that, and he did it well enough that Kim felt comfortable really showcasing her movements and poses. I thought it was a beautiful dance.

I would not have dressed him in a long coat however, but something more body hugging. Belted maybe with rolled up sleeves, so we could see more of his body and movement.

nospin

nospin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2011 @ 6:52 PM

I though Hines did well on Monday. He didn't grab the spot-light - true - but the Rumba is the woman's dance. The man's job is to provide the frame, support, and backdrop for her. Hines did that, and he did it well enough that Kim felt comfortable really showcasing her movements and poses.

I thought Hines barely moved in that Rumba, and when he did move he did it very stiffly, awkwardly and always a tiny bit too late. Just don't understand the judges' fascination with him. It was Kim's dance as she completely overshadowed him - I mean, was he even there? Besides, he looked ridiculous in that oversized outfit... and who dances Rumba in an oversized hat?

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

I pretty much like Hines overall, but I didn't think this was his best dance ever, and in fact, I thought it was one of his worst. The tongue bath he got didn't do anything to support his cause, because this is the first time I didn't vote for him.

raining

raining

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2011 @ 6:50 AM

Article & Video here: ET Online - Hines Ward's Biggest Dancing fear

Love their partnership and looking forward to their Viennese Waltz tonight.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 5:45 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 6 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

ETA: Video > (ABC15) DwtS S12 Week 6 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 26, 2011 @ 6:36 PM.

raining

raining

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

Article - Hines discusses Week 6 - LA Times

I think Hines and Chelsea deserve to be in the final the most, they are two best and most consistent dancers in my opinion. I'd like to see Kirstie there too, she brings the entertainment and fun.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Apr 28, 2011 @ 1:37 PM.

catzy

catzy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 9:48 PM

I adore Hines and Kym and I don't even like the Steelers (they beat my team in the Super Bowl). I think he is going to quietly walk away with this thing. The other celebs are in the news and being talked about for other stuff like mishaps, lifestyle whatever but Hines just continues to work hard, concentrate on what he and Kym are doing and they knock it out of the park every week. I think he is being underscored.

Kirstie is overrated and I hope she goes before the final 3.

Edited by catzy, Apr 27, 2011 @ 9:48 PM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2011 @ 5:48 AM

Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 7 Post-Performance Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

ETA: Video > (OTRC) DwtS S12 Week 7 Post-Results Interview: Hines Ward and Kym Johnson

Edited by ByTheWay, May 4, 2011 @ 4:59 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2011 @ 6:28 PM

Blog > (LA Times) Hines Ward Talks DwtS Week 7

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2011 @ 10:46 AM

Hines Ward briefly handcuffed.

Hines and a woman friend were stopped in her car at about 1:30 a.m. in North Hollywood because she had reported the car stolen on April 19, said Sgt. Maria Morrison.

The two had left a restaurant in North Hollywood, said officer Sara Faden.

Police took Hines out of the car at gunpoint and handcuffed him, Morrison said. Hines and the woman were released after she was able to prove the car was hers.

Hines out at 1AM with an unidentified lady. I sort of thought he had something going with Kym. I guess not. But, they certainly have great chemistry on dwts.

Hines tweeted.

Hines Ward
To my fans,
The incident in the news that involved me getting pulled over. I want everyone to know that this was a complete misunderstanding. The police were just doing their job. Apologies were made and it's now in the past. Moving forward...Hines

Edited by aceplace57, May 5, 2011 @ 10:58 AM.