Hungry Girl

• Please log in to reply

641 replies to this topic

ilovemesomeveg

ilovemesomeveg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:03 PM

I just watch because it's a train wreck. The woman is insane. 

I saw a show where a viewer said her favorite guilty treat was french fries. Hungry girl did one of her swaps. She said to use butternut squash and roast it in the oven. Nothing wrong with that, I love love butternut squash, so many things can be done with it. The thing is, it's on the sweet side, and when you are craving french fries (savory) kind of sweet will not cut it. At least not for me. So I took out my bag of potatoes and looked at the calories, an average size potato has about 100 calories. If you slice into sticks and bake it, it will make wonderful and savory and healthy french fries. And a craving will be satisfied. I have done them, they come out great, you have to use high heat and watch that they do not burn. Oh and her swap? She said it was 120 calories. Maybe it's just me but I though that was crazy. 

And she looks crazy, she has this strange gleam in her eyes. 

LovesFelix

LovesFelix

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

HG said on Facebook that they decided to not make any new shows. In other words, her show was cancelled, BUT you can still catch all her reruns on the 2 cooking shows on tv. LOL  I am thinking people finally got tired of her schtick. And the childish set she had, thanks to her hubby and Nickelodeon.

Sparkina

Sparkina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2013 @ 4:32 PM

Um, I'm over 12 and I think spaghetti tacos sound absolutely divine (minus the ground beef, because I don't do meat) I would use a homemade sauce, too, instead of the jarred stuff, but that's just me

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 12:46 PM

Why is this woman on daytime shows these days. I saw this hack on Dr. Oz at the gym last week (shame on him!) and now she's going to be on The Chew? I had to change the channel.

tahitigirl

tahitigirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 6:42 PM

I don't understand why she has such a large following. I could hardly watch one episode of hers (for multiple reasons). And, much later, had occasion to speak with her assistant (a really nice lady) and then Lisa herself (it was business related). I can't/won't go into the details but will say that I will never watch another episode or support her in any way.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:14 PM

i'm sorry I missed this show. I saw her on The Chew today and thought she was amusing.  However, reading the past 3 pages make me realize the real humor was here!

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:32 PM

FN still airs reruns weekday mornings about once a week, I think, so you can still see her show.

ilovemesomeveg

ilovemesomeveg

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 2:01 PM

For the life of me I do not understand why she has such a huge following as well. Her food is vile. I saw an episode where she made brunch and she made tuna salad. I have never seen tuna salad at brunch but ok. The salad itself was so gross, with relish and mustard, to make up for the fat free mayo. I would rather be fat then eat her food. She uses so many processed ingredients not realizing that there are healthy fats. So yes maybe you save some calories with her recipes but you sure load up on sodium. 

That fat free mayo is all chemicals. Sorry for the rant. I really hate this woman. 

Edited by ilovemesomeveg, Apr 1, 2014 @ 2:02 PM.

jalapeno

jalapeno

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:59 PM

I would rather be fat then eat her food.

Oh man, how that made me laugh!

I can see how she would have been popular back in the 90s or whenever the "fat free" craze was in full effect. Think Snackwell cookies when everyone thought you could eat a whole sleeve because they were free of fat. But with all of the information available currently on healthy fats and unprocessed ingredients, her show is rather outdated. Plus, she is super annoying.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 6:27 PM

After I watch her show, I really want to make myself a giant hamburger and french fries.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:11 PM

I caught a glimpse of an episode today where she was making sandwiches and it started off with a rather tall green witch offering sand.  Oh my.  Are all the shows this corny?

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:33 PM

I caught a glimpse of an episode today where she was making sandwiches and it started off with a rather tall green witch offering sand.  Oh my.  Are all the shows this corny?

Yes, which on top of the crap she hawks makes her unwatchable for me. I'm not sure why FN has started showing reruns since her show is no longer in production.