FANTASY: Purely Wishful Thinking

• Please log in to reply

2262 replies to this topic

Persiflager

Persiflager

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:34 AM

I want Carole to be invited to Emma's hen-night, I want it to take place at 'Stallions', and I want them to bump into Kendra. Because her awfulness is missed.

Knight Dynus

Knight Dynus

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

I want Lauren to come back. Seriously, I feel like half of the craziness of this season would be averted with her there. I can see her brofisting Santana after she's outed. I can see her keeping Puck out of the Shelby mess. It would help with the gender dynamic; giving us a one to one male to female ratio.

Honestly? She was the only reason last season I could stand Puck. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like I said, I think she would have kept Puck from trying to get into Shelby's pants.

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 7:00 AM

I just want Jon to have more than one song. Where he plays a significant part. Also, I don't want Jesse to be sacrificed at the altar of Finn/Rachel, which I'm very much afraid he's going to be. Or on the altar of their National win. I don't want New Directions to win Nationals because Vocal Adrenaline were weak.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I would love for them to do a Disney episode, with iconic songs from The Lion King and whatnot, although I doubt Disney would allow them to do such a thing. Each song would naturally relate to the characters.

editress

editress

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

I would love for them to show the progression of working on a song over several episodes, leading to a competition. Show how the song and dance get better as they work on it. Maybe have a couple different arrangements of one song.

editress

editress

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I also want Blaine to get his season two hair back.

GhostJack21

GhostJack21

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Two singers need to do a duet of When You Believe.

Mercedes/Tina (2)
Mercedes/Rachel
Santana/Tina
Santana/Rachel
Quinn/Mercedes (1)
Quinn/Rachel
Quinn/Santana (3)

digitalrhapsody

digitalrhapsody

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 6:16 AM

My husband occasionally gets on music stints, and has me listen to whole albums with him. Tonight was Johnny Cash.

While I would hate for Glee to butcher the great Johnny Cash, I do think that "Hurt" would be an awesome song - perhaps for Puck? (I don't know if he has the voice for it they might have to change the key or have him sing an octave up)

Or for Puck's dad, alluding to Puck's fears of being just like him (you can have it all / my empire of dirt / I will let you down / I will make you hurt).

"Cry, Cry, Cry" is also pretty good, and would pretty well match Finn's current fears for Rachel in NYC.

Basically, I want Glee to go back to what they were originally lauded for - being a good mix of new and old, and being able to introduce younger generations to older classics they may have never heard of.

But who are we kidding, Johnny Cash isn't "popular", and if his music was able to be covered, they'd probably only do "Folsom Prison Blues" (for Puck, I'm sure, since he is going to Cali) or "Ring of Fire".

((Also, was I the only one that thought when they announced "What Makes You Beautiful" they actually were going to cover this song?))

Edited by digitalrhapsody, May 9, 2012 @ 6:23 AM.

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

Not sure if this falls in the realm of "fantasy" since it's not so much what I want to happen as what I wish had happened, but if I wrote Glee, I would have taken the opportunity for Puck and Rachel to bond over their mutual failures (as friends -- Jesus, why can't they even just be friends?) and attempted to cheer each other up. This would end with them doing a duet of Pink's "Perfect" (obviously not available since Kurt and Blaine did it, but like I said.)

(And then maybe Mark would have gotten a song that made it into the top ten.)

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

I would really like them to sing "Music Of My Heart" as a goodbye to Glee Club and Mr. Schue in their final episode. Hearing that song was the first time I ever cried during a movie.

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

On a couple things that seemed to be floated recently...

1) Any hint of Jesse St. James returning--yes please to the full extent allowed by Groff's schedule. IMO he and Rachel had more chemistry in one short scene than she has had with Finn over this entire Finchelfied season. But even if we can't have romantic Rachel/Jesse (I'd actually probably prefer above all Rachel being single but friends with him), his involvement would increase my interest significantly.

2) Wade/Unique transferring to McKinley: no thanks. I think Alex is a pretty decent performer. But I'd personally prefer they keep him in his current role and cast people with more acting skills/experience for refilling the choir room. That said, if Glee ever does anything with the character again, I hope they work with someone to consult on gender identity issues. IMO they've made quite a mess already.

Oh, and while I'm in the fantasy thread, my other takeaways from this past week are: 1) I'd appreciate seeing Kurt and Blaine treated like a real couple in more than Very Special Episodes; their exclusion from the Tongue Tied montage in particular was jarring and completely threw me out of the episode and I think it's indicative of larger ongoing issues, 2) if Puck is around Lima in S4, I'd be up for more scenes with Beiste, the combination elevated my interest in both, 3) if that sewing scene was meant to imply that Sugar, Joe, and Rory will be back next season...my ideal would be to focus on Sugar the most by far, keep Joe in the background, and don't give Rory more than a line an episode (although I wouldn't miss him if he went back to Ireland). And hey, why not: 4) I personally would love if they ended Finchel and sent Finn off on dream #89723 where we don't have to see it. All JMHO, of course.

Edited by Sassafrastic, May 21, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

I would love Kurt and Will to have a scene where Kurt gives him a 'come to Jesus' talk about how he ignored Kurt the entire three years. How, for all his occasional lip service, Will was never interested in figuring out how to best use Kurt's unique voice. How Kurt got the least focus in all of ND's public performances (not even just competitions!) and even Mike got to sing more (in addition to getting featured for what he really cares about - dancing). How he gave Kurt a 'safe space' through sheer accident.

But that won't happen. The narrative is still trying to tell us Kurt thinks Will's a good teacher to him, despite all the actual evidence we see to the contrary.

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

I just want Finn and Puck to start a band.

shannon201

shannon201

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

I hope Puck and Mercedes bump into Matt Rutherford in LA.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

After ND's triumph at Nationals, I would like to see them at the International Show Choir Championship at the end of next season. It could take place in England and the theme could be British music, with songs from the old school (the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Who, Elton John, Dusty Springfield, among others) to the new (Adele, Jessie J., Mumford & Sons, etc).

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I want the first episode of season four to be an end-of-the-summer party with all of the kids before they move/start HS again. A do-over of what "Goodbye" could have been, basically. I might even be willing to pretend that said finale doesn't exist if they gave us this.

Edited by Sassafrastic, May 22, 2012 @ 10:41 PM.

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

I want the first episode of season four to be an end-of-the-summer party with all of the kids before they move/start HS again. A do-over of what "Goodbye" could have been, basically. I might even be willing to pretend that said finale doesn't exist if they gave us this.

Seconded.

And it must include Puck and Sugar hooking up casually over the summer, because those two have been working the background moments together all season (particularly in "Goodbye"), and he needs to sing "Pour Some Sugar On Me" to her. While drunk.

erilyn

erilyn

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

Now that Kurt's not made it into NYADA, can I have the Hummel-Hudson family in Washington political comedy of my dreams? Though they've made me dislike Finn enough that I mostly want it to be Kurt, Burt, Carole, Santana (she ends up there instead of NY for reasons I can't come up with now) and Blaine once he finishes high school. Finn can make guest appearances when on leave from army training.

marysue22

marysue22

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I want Rachel to grow a damn backbone and not have her instinctual response to her (now ex-) boyfriend not achieving something to just throw away her dreams and revert to doormat mode. For the love of all that is holy, mature and throw yourself into life at NYADA. Make some new friends who are going to be competitive as hell but share the same goals as you and learn something valuable. I want Kurt to book it out of Lima and be able to flourish away from the toxic, small town life.

OmniHelix

OmniHelix

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

With all the talk about how 'revolutionary" season 4 is supposed to be, yet apparently just a show with two locations, after seeing the season 3 finale, I wonder if the Lima section will be in real time, and the NYC one in the future, showing Finn perhaps out of the Army and in NYC, and Kurt finally in NYADA after a second try with Blaine, and Rachel newly graduated, possibly on Broadway, etc. Given the actual ages of the actors, it could be reasonably pulled off. That would be intriguing.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

With all the talk about how 'revolutionary" season 4 is supposed to be, yet apparently just a show with two locations, after seeing the season 3 finale, I wonder if the Lima section will be in real time, and the NYC one in the future, showing Finn perhaps out of the Army and in NYC, and Kurt finally in NYADA after a second try with Blaine, and Rachel newly graduated, possibly on Broadway, etc. Given the actual ages of the actors, it could be reasonably pulled off. That would be intriguing.

That would be very interesting. They would need better writers now because that would take a very careful eye for continuity and if ever there was an overlap with characters in two different time periods visiting each other it could get tricky keeping track of where the character should be in their life. But that would be a good idea! I really would like to see a time jump with these characters.

Edited by nicole8705, May 23, 2012 @ 2:38 PM.

deelyn

deelyn

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

I want Puck, Mercedes, and Santana to head out to California and engage in Three's Company-like shenanigans.

cmh1981

cmh1981

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

That for S4 they would bring in Lindssy Pearce/Harmony from the first season of the Glee Project to fill Rachel's role as the determined lead powerhouse for New Directions and drop the Rory and Joe. Sometimes the winner of a contest doesn't mean they have the star potential or acting ability it takes to carry it off. Just saying....

LucyInSpain

LucyInSpain

Channel Surfer

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 6:33 AM

I've actually wondered if they're going to fast-forward the entire show, not just the NYC side. Say the entire Season 4 Glee-verse begins in 2016 or something: the episodes alternate between catching up with the NYC contingent, with Will and Sue (Roz and Beiste?) back in Lima, and with the other fan-favorite originals in whatever ways they are shoehorned in (which actually wouldn't be that difficult, should most of the seniors end up in NYC or LA after college.) Frankly, I'd rather see that than a choir room consisting of Sugar, Joe, Rory, and Unique :-/

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 4:19 AM

But there's still Tina, Artie and Sam whom I liked. And Blaine's there too, so it's not a total waste. Too bad Grant was a senior.

I want Matthew Morrison, and Will Shuester to sing more. Maybe he can give Sugar Motta voice lessons, I don't know. Actually I want Matthew Morrison to sing and dance more. Not Rocky Horror Show inappropriately, but dammit he's not used often enough. I miss the fun choir rooms scenes like Gold Digger and ice, Ice, Baby. More of those please.

erilyn

erilyn

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Was it established that Sebastian was a senior? I assumed he was a junior, and we'd be plagued again with him next year.

(Not a huge fan, and if Kurt and Blaine are to have other potential love interests, I'd prefer it not to be guys who have assaulted them)

digitalrhapsody

digitalrhapsody

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 7:42 AM

I think it might be interesting if they did more of what happened in "Props" for season 4: we find out at the end someone was knocked out and the first half of the season was their future-dream and the second half is reality. Or something like that.

God, please no Sebastian. He bothered me. And seeing as Vanessa Langes (sp?) can actually sing, I think it'd be nice to have her do a Brittany and become a singer.

And I want Fondue for Two: The Graduation Interviews (that's what I'm calling it) so badly it hurts.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

I want Rachel to do something crazy at NYADA that winds up causing Kurt to be accepted. I don't want Finchel back together during the run of the show. I'm OK with a flashforward showing they eventually run into each other. Even then my preference would be that in the future she's with someone and successful and he's married and she fixes his hair and sings "The Way We Were" with bittersweet flashbacks to McKinley. Tangentially I could see Lea in a remake of the Way We Were. I don't normally love remakes but since they are inevitable at least do a good one.

I want more Sugar in Season 4. She's really funny.

I want Santana and Rachel to have Laverne & Shirley like screwball adventures. I especially want them being trapped somewhere together and driving each other crazy. I don't think there would be a plausible reason for these characters to be roomates since IF NYADA has dorms Santana wouldn't be able to live there but this is Glee so I won't be surprised if it happens. I know that some NYC schools don't have enough space for Freshman to have dorm rooms so it acutally wouldn't be too strange if Rachel couldn't get a dorm room and that could mean Rachel and Santana rooming together organically.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I want Rachel to do something crazy at NYADA that gets Kurt accepted.

That's one thing I don't want to see. Kurt deserves to earn something he wants (besides Blaine) on his own merit without anyone's unsolicited interference, especially Rachel's, especially after this past season.

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

My sister applied to an incredibly prestigious law firm in New York during law school. She'd wanted it for years, worked her ass off to get it, etc. She didn't get it, her best friend and roommate did. She got a job at the equivalent firm in Brooklyn, but was still living with the same friend.

It was a horrible situation in real life, but I would love Kurt to go to New York with Rachel and see them struggle with that sort-of dynamic. It seems like there would be even more potential for resentment towards Rachel with Kurt (due to the nationals happenings and because he apparently had no back-up plans (my sister at least had a job)), and then there's the struggle of feeling like you have to be happy for your friend. There are also a ton of complicated feelings for Rachel - feeling guilty about getting in when Kurt didn't, legitimately feeling that she shouldn't feel guilty at all (again the nationals affair would complicate this part a bit), not being able to enjoy her success and feeling a touch resentful towards Kurt about that. This is all compounded because it's taking place in a tiny apartment with no breathing space to really deal. There could be some delicious song angst and both of them would triumph in some way (especially Kurt, but not over Rachel, nor would Rachel be trashed over this - Kurt would find a way to be successful in his own way).

In this fantasy, as in all my Glee fantasies, the writers grow the ability to write stories that make sense, have consistent characters, etc. They also would handle both characters very well and give their feelings some nuance instead of just turning them into angsty messes.

Edited by HalfwayThere, Jun 22, 2012 @ 6:58 AM.