Love & Hip Hop

• Please log in to reply

861 replies to this topic

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

These are some pitiful people but Rashidah and Saigon bring out my inner Ike. Curse you, Erica Mena for almost seeming likeable. The multiple dress changes and her expressions at seeing the playback scenes involving the other castmembers got a few giggles out of me.

I always hear talk about how this version pales in comparison to Atlanta's LHH but I think there's a place for both. The viewership this season was their best to date. They aren't going anywhere.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 10:52 AM

I just couldn't care about Erica and Saigon. At all.  He clearly doesn't care about her, or any of his kids' mothers, and I've never heard any of this man's songs.  Therefore, I can't be bothered. I hope they are gone next year.

That said, Rashidah had a point about all she was saying to Tahiry.  I mean... chick is a booty model.  It is what it is.  For whatever reason, it's cool for her to say it, but when someone else says it she gets her feelings hurt.

PluckyInKY

PluckyInKY

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 10:56 AM

I was really disturbed by Saigon's behavior. He wasn't just angry and disrespectful, he was aggressive to the point that it was bordering on abuse. During both the purse throwing scene and at the reunion, I think if the camera crew hadn't been there he'd have hit her. In fact, I'm fairly certain by her mannerisms that he has hit her before. I think that's why he goes so far out of his way to shout her down. He's afraid if he lets her talk too much she'll bring out the fact that he's pushed her around. Whether it's sort of casually dismissing his daughters or the aggressiveness he's shown with Erica Jean or saying he doesn't care about his children's mothers, that man is a misogynistic piece of shit and I doubt it will be too long before he catches a DV case. 

Tara's a beautiful woman, but that haircut is ill-advised. She looks like Peter Pan. 

Rashida really doesn't have any room to talk about how others carry themselves. Her wigs are cheap and look wiggy as hell, plus the "Ronald McDonald does ombre" is not a good look. Her clothes look like she just flips through booty magazines and says "get me one of everything in a size 16." And how old is she? Yet she's still out here fighting and threatening to drag folks. No, ma'am, you can have all the seats. 

When Erica Mena isn't screaming and being overly emotional, she's actually pretty damn funny. 

That said, Rashidah had a point about all she was saying to Tahiry.

I didn't think her point was that Tahiry is a booty model. I thought she was arguing that it's okay for Joe to cheat on her and post pics of other women he's sleeping with because Tahiry is a booty model. I thought she was being simple and petty when she first brought it up because I think she was just angry that Tahiry is so self-absorbed when she's with Joe. Those are two different things. One, I thought, was a valid argument, and the other she was just using to hurt Tahiry's feelings imo. 

Edited by PluckyInKY, Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:01 AM.

millerhilife

millerhilife

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 1:37 PM

Why a woman would continuously keep sleeping with a man who made you the side wife and keeps bouncing back between the both you is more puzzling to me. And to sleep with someone you know is sleeping around and do it unprotected? Gunz and Amina are both stone cold idiots.

Not just Gunz and Amina, but Tara was his side piece too.  She was sleeping with him knowing he with another woman and married to her.

I like Erica Mena.  That is all. 

Erica Jean needs to run fast to another country with her child.  I fear for her.  Saigon is unstable and he may be dangerous.

JBC344

JBC344

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 8:10 PM

I appreciated that Monique respectfully put Tara in her place.  I'm no fan of Amina or Peter but her whole "betrayed wife" persona was incredibly fake as Monique pointed out Tara was the side chick to the woman that Peter was with and raising a family in New Orleans.  And had no problem continuing to sleep with Peter well after he found out about he and Amina.  She is just as stupid and trashy as Peter and Amina.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 12:46 AM

I appreciated that Monique respectfully put Tara in her place.  I'm no fan of Amina or Peter but her whole "betrayed wife" persona was incredibly fake as Monique pointed out Tara was the side chick to the woman that Peter was with and raising a family in New Orleans.  And had no problem continuing to sleep with Peter well after he found out about he and Amina.  She is just as stupid and trashy as Peter and Amina.

Amen, Tara and her "soft voice" can have a seat. That haircut was ugly as hell on her. That combined with the very sharp contouring she had was not a good luck. LOL at earlier post, she really did look like Peter Pan.

I loved the way Monique would not let her sit on her high horse that night. She made it very clear to Tara that she was Peter's side chick before and had turned into one again still screwing him knowing about Amina. 

MrsRafaelBarba

MrsRafaelBarba

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:20 AM

Saigon and Erica will be on Iyanla's Fix My Life, according to him.

Sigh....

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:32 AM

I heard Saigon quietly say another of his babies mommas ( is that the right tense?) doesn't let him see one of his children. The little man has a lot of anger built up in there. Perhaps it's because is rap career hasn't soared? Perhaps just little man anger?

I'm curious as to why Erica Jean would have been drawn to a man like him. I don't know the back story but her dad seems the type who would have let his little girl know she was a princess and should be treated as such. How she lets herself be treated like trash is bizarre to me. Speaking as a daddy's girl, I have always known how a princess is to be taken care of and never accepted anything less.

Do we know if he has daughters?

Edited by Brooklynista, Feb 12, 2014 @ 7:18 AM.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

Do we know if he has daughters?

He does. Saigon mentioned to Erica Jean in one episode how his daughter has a larger vocabulary than their son, and he didn't understand why considering they were only 2 months apart.  (lol)

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 12:43 PM

considering they were only 2 months apart.

The first time he said this during the show I thought if this isn't the most sadly ratchetest thing ever...

trimthatfat

trimthatfat

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 12:29 PM

I don't know the back story but her dad seems the type who would have let his little girl know she was a princess and should be treated as such.

I agree. The fact that he won't let Saigon on his property tells me he knows Saigon is full of shit and that Erica Jean can do better.

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 12:22 PM

VH1 announced K. Michelle's spin-off today. It has no title as of yet and will air in the summer.

Untitled K. Michelle Project 

The summer 2014 series chronicles the next chapter in the Love & Hip Hop star’s life, as she learns to balance life, relationships and stardom in New York City. She’ll do so with her dynamic group of friends, her son and her famously fiery tongue.

VH1 Unveils New Slate: Rappers, DNA Testing and Walks of Shame

ZaldamoWilder

ZaldamoWilder

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 1:22 PM

And I peeped that photo someone got of them a few weeks ago at the welfare office. What a catch Gunz is.

Please say this is a lie.   Although, I can't see a chick being any less humiliated by the idea of making a date night out of going to get food stamps if she wasn't at all moved by her husband's currentandex (girlfriend?) telling her "I sat on it last night and I'll continue to sit on it whenever I want it"  

**chirp-chirp** damn bird.

Good Lord!  How many kids does Peter have now?  He has 1 that is managed by Nick Cannon, 2 with Tara, at least 1 with the chick he left for Tara (or is that the one managed by Nick Cannon?), and now Amina is pregnant.  Are there any I'm forgetting?

He also has at least one of other family he started before Tara that involved more than Corey Gunz.

by this girl's count, there are 6.  Corey, the 2 with the lady he cheated on (with Tara), the 2 with Tara and the one on the way.  {{unfurls scroll}} hear ye, hear ye, single ladies in the tri-state:  nyc is not running short of dick, please stop it. 

Look, you know you're watching a special kind of show when a father is proud to exclaim about his son that he just "beat a charge"

I heard Saigon quietly say another of his babies mommas ( is that the right tense?)

::trebekvoice::  I'm sorry, I do believe the term the judges were looking for was baby's muvva's.    ::confirmationvoice:: baby's. muvva's.   

Edited by ZaldamoWilder, Mar 13, 2014 @ 1:25 PM.

JBC344

JBC344

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:44 PM

ZaldamoWilder, you owe me for a new keyboard.  I was reading your post and just sprayed iced tea all over my laptop.  Your posts are hilarious.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:56 PM

JBC344...that Zaldamo will get you in trouble every time. I'm bout to lose my job behind her mess. Lol!

I don't see the Peter appeal. Especially after seeing him in person. He looks like dirty dick to me. I certainly don't see how women can see how much bullshit he takes all his women thru and decide they wanna sign up for that. I'm lost.

Is for a box for that on Match.Com?

I'm looking for a broke ass man, with too many jobs and way past his hip hop prime. And dirty feet. If this sounds like you, wink at me.

Edited by Brooklynista, Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:57 PM.

Cocoadiva

Cocoadiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 7:19 PM

Anybody hear about Benzino getting shot by a family member on the way to his mothers funeral?

rlb8031

rlb8031

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:51 AM

Yep, it made the papers here. Evidently, his cousin was in the procession in his Bently, pulled out a weapon and fired it at Benzino in his Dodge Durango. Benzino got out of his car and flagged down a passerby. He was taken to the precinct and then to a hospital. Looks like he got shot in the upper arm. Police evidently tried to impound the hearse. Oh, and Stevie J was there. Guess his mama didn't have nearly enough excitement going on stepping into the grave. The fam had to turn it up for her.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1739189

Edited by rlb8031, Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:58 AM.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 1:21 PM

My thing is... if you are posting selfies on Instagram, you ain't THAT gahdamb hurt.  Boy, lay down in that bed and stop begging for attention.

Mandy02180

Mandy02180

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 11:01 AM

I am going to miss you guys here. Hardly anyone I know watches this and some other shows I enjoy. As I always say though, yeah, the shows are dumb but the posters on "the message board" are smart. Smart, literate & funny!!!

Thank you for the insight & the laughs.

And WHO I am going to share my reaction with when Mendecees finally gets that bail hearing ???

A couple of weekends ago, I was in a traffic jam because of a shooting during a funeral procession in Duxbury, MA. Four mile back-up, all that. I was just trying to get to the mall which I don't even do all that often.

Anyway, I was *extremely surprised to find out that Benzino was the victim !!!!!  I either never knew or I had forgotten that he was from the Boston area. When he was big with The Source, I lived in DC so maybe that's why. Wasn't paying attention ...

Anyway, I hope I haven't aged as badly as he has in the past 10 years. I didn't think he looked That bad until I saw that photo that keeps popping up from 2004.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 12:07 PM

And WHO I am going to share my reaction with when Mendecees finally gets that bail hearing ???

You ain't hear?!  Manfeces is HOME, girl!  Here's the news: http://blog.vh1.com/...es-harris-jail/

Cocoadiva

Cocoadiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 1:08 PM

Fear not Mandy. I think we'll all be meeting up at Previously.TV to see how Mozerralla fares now that he's free.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 8:29 PM

So, I'm watching Pharrell's interview on OWN, and there was a preview for "Iyanla, Fix My Life."  The new season premieres on May 10 @ 9pm, featuring Erica and Saigon.  Iyanla is trying to "fix their co-parenting disaster."