Jennifer Lopez: Been around the block

• Please log in to reply

115 replies to this topic

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 2:19 PM

J LO is expected to close a deal very soon to return to the show.

Thank God. I'd hate for her to have no place to plug her latest video.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 2:07 PM

It's finally official! And yes, I agree. Thank God. :)

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 3:16 PM

I heard it was another one-year contract. Is she going to drag out negotiations after every season?

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Aug 18, 2011 @ 11:07 PM

I wouldn't doubt that for a second. It's actually pretty good business for her. When she feels she has maxed out any benefit from being there, she's gone.

joeschmoe

joeschmoe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

Ugh! Another season of this insufferable, irrelevant, petulant, talentless has-been? *cringe*

She played a part in draining the show's fun factor, along with that other insufferable, idiotic, tiresome Journey d-bag. The undeserving praise to contestants that stunted their artistic growth and vocal improvement throughout the season, the mindless following of the producers' script, the uneven double standard-setting among the contestants and *gasp* the ridiculously inane treatment of Haley Reinhart just made me want to throw my TV out the window. *burning with complete anger*

I hope Lythgoe sends her, along with the whole judging panel, to judging school. That'll probably make the show more watchable and enjoyable. But since that's a long shot, I figure that for what it's worth, she is useful in a way: In being an excellent object of rage for us viewers!

So with that in mind: Pass me the tomatoes to pelt that old broad with, folks!

J.Blow = Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. 'Nuff said!

Edited by joeschmoe, Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:42 PM.

argrow

argrow

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 2:06 AM

Another season of her interrupting everyone that doesn't agree with her? Can't waitttt...

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2011 @ 3:29 PM

I can't stand her new Fiat commercial. It's just dumb IMO.

MsGram

MsGram

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 7:12 AM

I think Jennifer has the potential to be a good judge. I thought she did quite well in the audtions, but was tiresome as joeschmoe suggests once the live shows began. I would hope that Nigel has at least tuned into "The Sing-Off" to see some of the best judges around. Ben Folds adds to his critques because of his musical kinowledge. I would love to have Jennifer and Steven do the same. It may mean some "studying up" for them, but well worth it.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 3:42 AM

I think Jennifer has the potential to be a good judge. I thought she did quite well in the audtions

I think we've seen a repeat of that. Several times we saw Dumb & Dumber make some pretty bad decisions, with Jennifer appearing to be the only one with functioning ears.

But I expect she may well fall to pieces again when they go live.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Iíve stopped watching this show largely because of Jennifer Lopez. I really canít stand her. Iím not crazy about Tyler either, but heís not as vocal as Lopez so I donít notice him so much. For me, Lopez is all about controlling the show and what goes on with the judges. And to plug her videos/sohgs/movies/whatever.

My only hope is that her career will totally revive and sheíll leave AI.

tall1az

tall1az

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

All Jennifer pretty much has to say is that it's "crazy" (she's said that so many times I'm almost longing for the return of "it was pitchy, dawg" from Randy) and talking about her "goosies" both in that same silly high pitched inflection. She doesn't ever have anything interesting or constructive to say, and her "for the record" comments about Hollie last night (trying to cure the backlash for how they all looked a few weeks ago after she sang) were lame. Need to start all over with judges, starting with her.

heydude08

heydude08

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:22 AM

Enjoyed the song that JL sang last night but the costume...UGLY! The dancing was pretty racy too. I would hate for future contestants to think they might get on the stage and dress or dance like she did. She was not a good role model with that number. Shame on the producers and the choreographers, and Jennifer.

the macguffin

the macguffin

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Looks like JLo is getting out ahead of getting fired, along with the other 2 probably. I actually like J and Steven Tyler during the auditions, but after that, they're totally useless. Randy is totally useless 24/7.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

Well I guess she's wrung all the publicity she can get for herself out of Idol. Good riddance.

Actually, all of 'em can go. They need a totally fresh crew.

colourmyworld

colourmyworld

Channel Surfer

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 7:23 AM

Well I guess she's wrung all the publicity she can get for herself out of Idol. Good riddance.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either, but she sure did use it to her advantage. Wonder how much people will care if she's not in their faces every week or on the news because of Idol. It's definitely time to think about replacing her with a judge who can, you know, actually sing.

HeyItsMona

HeyItsMona

Channel Surfer

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

It's definitely time to think about replacing her with a judge who can, you know, actually sing.

You know it's bad when you're lip-synching to some crap that's already auto-tuned to the max. Oh but but ... she's *dancing*! Yea, right.

newages

newages

Just Tuned In

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Diaz is a fool

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

Iím begging AI to replace Lopez so I can watch this show again.

Tyler too, please.

MsGram

MsGram

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

stinamaia, it seems you may get some of your wishes answered. Steven isn't returning. I wouldn't be surprised if Jennifer does not return because of her touring schedule and wanting more time with her children. Perhaps Idol is considering Randy for another position rather than the judging panel?

pk124

pk124

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

Buh Bye

Good riddance. Now if only she'll take Randy with her.

6MonthMark

6MonthMark

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

I have goosies!!!!!!!

Waaaaay past time for her autotuned singing(?), tired ass to be gone.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

Good riddance. Now if only she'll take Randy with her.

Oh lord. If I hadn't only used up my three genie wishes...

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 7:08 PM

The old topic was automatically archived due to inactivity, so I started a new one and will merge the two.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Jan 18, 2014 @ 7:09 PM.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 4:50 PM

I actually recall thinking that she was the best part of the nightmarishly bad Tyler/Jackson/Lopez panel.   Still bad, but at least honest in her appreciation for the contestants and playing herself more than simply playing for the cameras (like Mariah and Nikki both did in their own ways later).

She's something of a musical ignoramus, and HCJ has illustrated that without even trying, but I do think he's also succeeded in illustrating that she's sincere and actually DOES have a sense of humor.

If she leaves the show after this season again it will be no great loss.  But she's not hurting it either.  Which is actually a pretty decent result given how many horrible judges this show has had.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 11:02 AM

Is she the greatest singer? No.  But I can't fault her for putting the work in to be successful in the many aspects in her career.  If anyone watched her at the American Music Awards, I thought she was the best of the night.  Not necessarily because she sang great but she was having FUN with it while it seemed like a chore for others. I hope she teaches that to the contestants this year: just let got and have a ball doing what you love to do.

Manhattan

Manhattan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2014 @ 6:28 PM

mtlchickie, Jennifer's performance at the American Music Awards was the perfect representation of who she is as an entertainer and why she became such a superstar. She's not a great singer and never sings live even if pretends to (I'm firmly in the camp that believes she doesn't even do her own singing and is pulling a Milli Vanilli) and she's not technically the best dancer. But the woman can entertain and you can see how much she loves doing it, and she brings that charm and swag to everything she does and the chemistry with everyone she does it with. And she's just so glowy and beautiful to watch on my screen!

I think that's a great quality to bring as an AI judge, especially when it's balanced out with artists like Keith Urban and especially Harry Connick Jr. I think she's just as responsible for the great chemistry. (Although I do think without Harry it would not be working as successfully.)

Edited by Manhattan, Feb 2, 2014 @ 6:33 PM.