Steven Tyler: Crazy...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

101 replies to this topic

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

I think Steven is COMPLETELY UNAWARE of just how old he is and how times have changed and it's inappropriate, even for a ROCK STAR, to oggle teenage girls.

And I love Steven Tyler, but I was soooo uncomfortable when he said to that father, "She's hot, humid, and happening" or whatever it was. BLECH.

SnarkyTart

SnarkyTart

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

Yeah, we can keep learning how hot and sexy he thinks 16 year girls are. And tell their fathers. You could make a whole spinoff show of it.

There's already a show about that, it's called "To Catch a Predator."

JudyDoody

JudyDoody

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

Oh, I think Steven knows how old he is. Most men his age still find young women attractive and, after all, he still has teens throwing themselves at him, even in the auditions when they wanted to kiss him, etc. Which is not to say his comment was tasteful...

Having watched the extended interview with Oprah (I know, I know) I learned a lot about him. He has a very painful and strange foot condition (brought on by physical demands of performing onstage) for which he had surgery last year. Sometimes when he seemed "out of it", he really was. But a contract is a contract.

He told Oprah he had a hard time telling someone on AI they didn't sing well, because what if that person had a baby in the future and were holding his/her baby, but didn't sing to it because they felt their voice wasn't good? I like his open heart, his authenticity and his willingness to really look into his mirror and work on forgiveness.

Plus he has a longtime and pretty awesome girlfriend, Erin, so I don't think he was looking to either score or to insult Shannon. He's a rock star and to quote Gertrude Stein, probably "always feels the same age inside".

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

Having watched the extended interview with Oprah (I know, I know) I learned a lot about him. He has a very painful and strange foot condition (brought on by physical demands of performing onstage) for which he had surgery last year. Sometimes when he seemed "out of it", he really was. But a contract is a contract.

Just to clarify, when Steven appeared on AI last year, he had already been clean and sober and was not "out of it." Now, during that disastrous 2009 and 2010 tours, oh yeah. He was a mess.

JudyDoody

JudyDoody

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

Just to clarify---"out of it" can mean legitimate pain from, or painkillers for, a chronic physical condition. I salute Steven's sobriety.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Thanks, Judy Doody! Hope it sticks this time! I like him, I can't help it. I even like him on AI, sort of, most of the time. I do wish he didn't use the word "beautiful" so much though.

Pythonite

Pythonite

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

The dope really F' ed up his toes according to a pic in the lastest Enquirer. Crooked as hell.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

I kind of like Tyler as a person, but as a judge on American Idol, not so much. It’s his job to give constructive criticism. If he’s worried how the contestant might feel when holding a baby, perhaps he shouldn’t be a judge.

Snarkian

Snarkian

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

I kind of like Tyler as a person, but as a judge on American Idol, not so much. It’s his job to give constructive criticism. If he’s worried how the contestant might feel when holding a baby, perhaps he shouldn’t be a judge.

Done

Your turn, J-Lo...

6MonthMark

6MonthMark

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Beautiful!!!

Time for Randy and J-Lo to follow him out the door.
Both are useless.

Edited by 6MonthMark, Jul 12, 2012 @ 4:36 PM.

MsGram

MsGram

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

I am happy that Steven has chosen to leave now and not drag this out. He'll be back doing what he loves - singing his music. He really didn't add that much to the panel. I think he's a good guy, but this is the best news for Idol and Steven, IMO.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

Amen and Amen! I LOVED watching Steven Tyler at the auditions, but as a judge on AI, I COULDN'T STAND it. Everything was "beautiful" and he just didn't have anything coherent to say. Honestly, I think he was bored amid all the pop and country that is done on this show. If he had any intention of making it about finding a rock star, he needed to step it up or he got steamrolled. Glad he's back fronting Aerosmith! (Yes, I'm a fan.)