Lexie/Mark/Callie/Arizona: Four Doctors and A Baby

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

831 replies to this topic

onestepaway07

onestepaway07

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

Thought I'd wade in to the discussion as a neutral party (my SO favours C/A and I tend to just watch the show with her. I do know who's who though).

First off, advocating for a baby to be killed, fictional or not, is a little creepy and not something I agree with at all.

As far as I can tell, from what has been shown to us by the show, Lexie needs to make her final choice regarding Mark. All in with Mark (which means C/A, baby Sofia etc) or nothing at all because Mark isn't giving up on Sofia being his number 1 priority for the next 18 years at least.

Personally, last season Callie drove me (and my SO) insane but is she solely to blame for this situation or for the current M/L situation? Nope, no way. Lexie chose to walk away from that mess (good for her), Mark didn't know the meaning of boundaries (which he seems to be learning now) and Callie should've sat Mark down and explained that things between them had to change because of Arizona's uneasiness about Mark and his position in their relationship (as anyone in a relationship should do). But...that didn't happen and Sofia has joined us. Simply put, for Mark and Lexie to be a pair again Lexie is going to have to accept the current situation and learn to move on, just like Arizona did.

I do find this hate for Callie somewhat confusing but I guess you could put it down to shipper-blindness? Oh and if we're talking about insults: Callie calling Mark the "baby-sitter" isn't anywhere as offensive as Mark telling Arizona she's "nothing" when she was actively trying to save his best friend AND his child (I would've punched him but that's just my personal reaction to that).

I haven't see this at all. C/A are still in Mark's personal life, nothing has changed. So were as these so called Healthy boundaries?

Compared to the "boundaries" we had last season, yes they have "healthy boundaries" now.

Jenrin

Jenrin

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:28 AM

Compared to the "boundaries" we had last season, yes they have "healthy boundaries" now.

It really is just a matter of degrees isn't it? As a Calzona fan, even though the girls haven't had much screentime, I've been so much happier with their characterizations this season, particularly Callie. She really does love Arizona! I wasn't always sure last season.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

needs to make her final choice regarding Mark

It's been clear, she has already chosen mark, going after mark, wanting mark. So i don't see why she has to make a choice when it's clear, She chose Mark already.

mark isn't giving up on Sofia being his number 1 priority

Again, i have no problem with Sofia coming first. my problem lies with her mother and wife coming second and third. and then here is Lexie coming in last. As i have said before, I've seen this Storyline play out, it's not going to play out with Sofia, Mark and Lexie. No. It's going to be the circus then lexie at the very end getting pushed out the window. Also I'll take a paternity switch to, this show loves rewrites so it's not impossible.

Mark and Lexie to be a pair again Lexie is going to have to accept the current situation

Actually she doesn't, If she is not comfortable with Callie being all in her business then she can let mark know and they can distance "THEIR" relationship from Callie. No way should Callie be able to call the shots with ML or have an opinion (Unless it has to do with Sofia) about ML's life. Maybe Callie should accept that Mark isn't her problem fixer and if she wants one she needs to find one else where (This needs to be said on screen) Callie needs Boundaries.

shipper-blindness

Shipper Blindness? That would be true if it was only ML fans who feel this way, but it isn't.

Mark telling Arizona she's "nothing"

Lets see, He apologized for that, Did Arizona ever for Saying he's the sperm donor? No. and she keeps reminding him he's the babysitter, Yep. Also lets not forget her father calling him that and both women, didn't say a word. So were insults lie, C/A are ten times worse, since neither one of them speak up or Apologized, I can only imagine the crap Callie is going to sling Lexie's way, As i said before, Gloating will end up being one of those things. The thing is Arizona by law, isn't the mother of Sofia, She's the step mom. and better yet, Mark isn't the father either because he's an unmarried father, He needed to sign those document to give him rights. No signing means no rights. which to the law means Callie is the only legal parent.

As a Calzona fan

Yep right there, AS a C/A fan, Now as a Mark Fan, No, As a ML fan, No.

InThaZone

InThaZone

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

If she is not comfortable with Callie being all in her business then she can let mark know and they can distance "THEIR" relationship from Callie. No way should Callie be able to call the shots with ML or have an opinion (Unless it has to do with Sofia) about ML's life

Why are you so afraid of this happening? It has never been established on the show...Mark made his own decisions when it came to telling Derek about dating Lexie, asking her to move in, meeting her father, inviting Sloan Sloan into his home and wanting to keep her baby, being involved in Sofia's life,...Callie didn't make his decisions for him during any of those major milestones in their relationship.
In fact, it was the other way around with Mark always in Callie and Arizona's relationship. Hell, even Lexie "inserted" herself in their relationship that time she was advocating for a birthday party for Arizona. Callie isn't some selfish bitch who wants Mark all to herself as a back-up. She proved this when she and Arizona broke up the first time, yet she still pushed Mark to go after Lexie because she knew they loved each other. If she was really selfish and wants Mark to herself, why didn't she go after him then? And no, she wasn't "calling the shots" by doing that. She was giving her friend an opinion and some advice from personal experience, which he could choose to follow or not follow.
When you were asked to provide an example of Callie talking behind Lexie's back and being two-faced, you couldn't even remember any. Please RME.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

When you were asked to provide an example of Callie talking behind Lexie's back and being two-faced, you couldn't even remember any.

In 6.17 she called Lexie Little Miss Muffet ,and blamed Lexie being 'too young ' (and through out that episode there were snarky comments about not being a grown up if you don't want kids )as the reason for the first break up ( of course your not a grown up if you don't want to be a grandmother at 26 or object to your BF making huge life altering decisions about your relationship without consulting you ). Now every time she says anything about ML ,people ( ML fans anyway )tend to view what she says with that as the starting point and are looking for some hidden snark in what she says.

Me personally I don't as that whole thing was an Arizona shaped anvil that smacked Callie in the head at the end of the episode with the reveal about Arizona not wanting kids . And a few episodes later she encouraged Mark to try to get Lexie back .

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

Neither Callie nor Arizona have referred to Mark as "the babysitter". They have referred to him as the father, and they have asked him to babysit Sofia a few times probably because he IS the father, and he seems to really enjoy looking after Sofia, and they have an agreement to share the parenting duties. Every single scene with him and his daughter backs up this idea. It has been established that Sofia lives with Callie and Arizona, but they seem to have agreed upon a system for shared custody that works for all three of them. Let's not keep resorting to the idea that Mark is anything but happy with this system, especially if you are going to keep using it as an example of how evil Callie is.

Callie's involvement in Mark's life throughout the series has mostly been written as open discussion between two best friends. The only time that she seemed to have overstepped in Mark's opinion was when she was trying to push Mark into saying that he loved [new girlfriend whose name I can never remember], at which point he was very able to tell her to back off. And she did. Their friendship seems to be solid enough to have open and honest conversations - him pushing her to try again with Arizona, she pushing him to try again with Lexie - and, we've all discussed relationships and emotions with our friends. Shit, look at Christina and Meredith - they have crossed way more lines discussing their significant others and issues and fights. It's what we do with our friends.

The whole idea that for Lexie and Mark to work as a couple means that they need to distance themselves from Mark's child and best friend is possibly something that you would like to see, but isn't anything that has been indicated as needing to happen in canon. We have seen her watching Mark with Sofia this season and being all weak-kneed and lovey-eyed. And, for her to be in a relationship with him, she needs to take him as he is. This is how grown-ups have relationships. She can't change who he is, or who is is friends with, or who he is a father to.

Edited by Erratic, Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:31 PM.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

Why are you so afraid of this happening?

Afraid? Na. Just realistic. Callie will think it's her place as the "Mother" To come in between Mark and Lexie, as she's doing with Julia (We can all live next door, practically begging him to say i love you to Julia and then bad mouthing Slexie.) Yep i'm suppose to think that will die down if ML get back together? No. and ok if she's doing it to just mark, but no. She moved on to Alex. So Lexie trying to be nice and giving a Birthday party for Arizona is the same as talking about Mark and Lexie "Ship has sailed" That doesn't even make sense. Now when C/A were broken up and Lexie had told Callie that her and Arizona are so over with, I would give it to you, but since Lexie has never said a bad word about Callie, Arizona or Calzona. comparing those two situation is laughable.

yeah. She doesn't want him, She could have gotten someone at the bar, Nope. It had to be mark. I swear, She's Two faced and a passive aggressive women.

First off it was in Season 6, Which i try not to remember any of it, cause unlike C/A, ML had it bad. But like i said it's on Youtube. I also said it was something about her not being "Grown up" Enough. it's Called "Whitewashing" That's why she went and "helped" Lexie/Mark, pure whitewashing, at it's best form.

In 6.17 she called Lexie Little Miss Muffet ,and blamed Lexie being 'too young ' (and through out that episode there were snarky comments about not being a grown up if you don't want kids )as the reason for the first break up ( of course your not a grown up if you don't want to be a grandmother at 26 or object to your BF making huge life altering decisions about your relationship without consulting you ). Now every time she says anything about ML ,people ( ML fans anyway )tend to view what she says with that as the starting point and are looking for some hidden snark in what she says.

This"

Edited by Sparkles2, Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:31 PM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

yeah. She doesn't want him, She could have gotten someone at the bar, Nope. It had to be mark. I swear, She's Two faced and a passive aggressive women.

She tried to pick up someone at the bar, but that woman just wanted her hairdresser's name. And there was no cunning when her and Mark got it on, they were both drunk, lonely and hurting. Shit happens. That's not her being two-faced or passive aggressive, it's called being drunk, lonely and horny. And again, Mark was also a willing partner in this.

If you insist on hating on Callie for sleeping with Mark and making a baby, then you HAVE to apply the same level of blame and anger towards Mark. In which case, why would you submit Lexie to that awful man?

Now every time she says anything about ML ,people ( ML fans anyway )tend to view what she says with that as the starting point and are looking for some hidden snark in what she says.

This.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

The whole idea that for Lexie and Mark to work as a couple means that they need to distance themselves from Mark's child and best friend is possibly something that you would like to see

If these writers were better, I would totally fine with it, but knowing what happened last time, Mark and Lexie had a baby in the middle of their relationship, I can just see her getting put in last place, this is not something that should happen, Mark can put Sofia in first don't have a problem with that at all, but C/A shouldn't be second and third.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. My hate for Callie started long before they slept together and made a baby, long before. did my hate grow from that? Yes. But it wasn't what set it off.

tend to view what she says with that as the starting point and are looking for some hidden snark in what she says.

The Screen backs us up. So right now Callie is thinking Lexie is No Good for Mark, lets see "If" ML get back together how happy she becomes while talking about Lexie. this is her M.O

murkin

murkin

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

The Screen backs us up. So right now Callie is thinking Lexie is No Good for Mark, lets see "If" ML get back together how happy she becomes while talking about Lexie. this is her M.O

Really? IIRC, in season 5, when Mark & Lexie first started dating (but before he told Derek), Mark and Callie were in surgery together and he said that he was going to break up with Lexie. Callie then called him an idiot basically saying to the effect that if she makes him happy, then they should make it work (I can't remember exactly but I do know she called him an idiot lol). Later there was a scene where Lexie came to him and gave him the ultimatum of 'I don't want secrets, so in order for us to be together you have to tell Derek.' Callie was a supporter of Mark/Lexie from the beginning.

Callie has always been shown as wanting Mark to be happy. Whether it's with Lexie or someone else, it doesn't matter. But she knows the heartache he went through with the Lexie breakups, and that type of Mark? Is annoying and tends to insert himself in Callie's relationship with Arizona (see the scene where he sleeps in their bed).

Now for the sex in s7? Why don't you put any blame on Mark? It takes 2 to tango, and in that situation he knew exactly how Callie was feeling and didn't give a rats ass, he wanted to get laid. Callie was drunk, lonely and emotionally vulnerable, and Mark could have easily said no. But obviously it was a plot device cause they needed Callie to get pregnant and that was the way to cause the most DRAMA! and CONFLICT! Yeah, cheap and contrived.

Edited by murkin, Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:05 PM.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

Callie was a supporter of Mark/Lexie from the beginning.

I agree, Which is why my hate started with her in Season 6. She flips her card any which way is possible. Which i don't care about, but i have never said she wasn't a supporter in Season 5, had no problem with her in Season 5. it 6,7 and now 8th that i do.

Is annoying and tends to insert himself in Callie's relationship with Arizona

So that's the reason she's "Anti" Slexie?. Because when her friend "So called" Best Friend needs her, She can't be bothered. like i said before, nice friend.

Why don't you put any blame on Mark

I put blame on both of them, still do, always will. But again Callie put herself in that situation, just like if Lexie left him and he asked to move in with Callie, it would go more on him. and you know if that wasn't bad enough, During their Disturbing shower Scene, we get Callie telling mark she thinking (Or something) about Arizona, but when mark basically says the same thing, Callie's reaction. "My sex is good." I had to rewind that scene to actually believe it. Like really? you didn't see mark saying that.

Again couldn't agree more, It was a plot device, killing 2 birds with one stone. C/A got their couple back, with a baby and the start of CAM and then ML Destroyed forever. This is exactly what Mark Wilding said on the writers blog, this was all to show Mark making a Sacrifice. So as i see it, we have plenty of reasons to hate her, just as C/A fans have with Mark. I do admit though, from my aspect the hating on Callie had gone down, then of course the writers stab it in the heart again with her "Ship has sailed" Comment.

Lexie is going to be fine with it, of course, She has no idea the crap Callie has said behind her back, in Season 6 and 8 now. But for Lexie and ML fans we know and we have ever right to hate her. Whitewashing her character now, actually they aren't even doing that since that has been her last comment to this day, none the less, we can hate her all we want.

murkin

murkin

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

I agree, Which is why my hate started with her in Season 6. She flips her card any which way is possible. Which i don't care about, but i have never said she wasn't a supporter in Season 5, had no problem with her in Season 5. it 6,7 and now 8th that i do.

So it doesn't matter what I said after that? You're just gonna pick and choose? Right. Also in s6, after the Sloane Sloan breakup and Lexie slept with Alex/Mark slept with Addison situation, Mark was being a hypocritical douche, and who was it that told him that? Oh yeah, Callie. Which then Mark freaked out and said she can't take Lexie's side because she's HIS friend. (He's so very possessive sometimes it's kinda creepy)

Let's be honest here, Callie's gonna get hated on no matter what. She could say Lexie's teh greatest woman evah and Mark couldn't find anyone better and yet there'd still be some ulterior motive. I mean, do I think Callie is perfect? No. She's got a lot of flaws (but you can't have a good character w/o them, that's what makes them interesting), but she's always got Mark's best interests at heart. As friends (best friends even) do, they give advice, sometimes unwarranted/unwanted, but that's up to the other person to step in and tell them so; as Mark did wrt Julia this season. I honestly think it's showing growth within the boundaries of their relationship. As a whole, the three of them seem to have struck a good balance (partly cause of the debacle of last season, the writers have corrected this, and for good reason).

So that's the reason she's "Anti" Slexie?. Because when her friend "So called" Best Friend needs her, She can't be bothered. like i said before, nice friend.

Did I say she was anti Slexie? Absolutely not, quite the opposite in fact, I'm not sure how you took that from what I said... but okay. As for the last part, I have no clue what you mean. Oh wait, are you implying as in, Callie inserts herself in Mark/Lexie's relationship and that's okay, but when Mark does it it's not? Cause no. I emphasized *specifically* the moment when he slept in C/A's bed... WITH CALLIE AND ARIZONA IN IT. How is that okay? Did Callie ever do that to M/L before she started dating Az and she was all brokenhearted & depressed? Or what about the times when Mark invited himself to dinner with C/A? Did Callie ever do that to M/L? Clearly Az wasn't comfortable with Mark doing those things and Callie was too placating to not say anything to him... which is why I think they've toned it down this season (aside from the weird Az/Mark cooking-together-oh-look-how-great-they-get-along-now-isn't-it-wonderful scenes).

But again Callie put herself in that situation, just like if Lexie left him and he asked to move in with Callie, it would go more on him.

LOL so when Callie asked to move in with Mark she put herself in a situation to get pregnant? Wow, Mark really does have supersperm. :p I really don't think she was thinking when she asked to move in, "dude I'm so gonna seduce you and then I'll get mah baby muahahaha!"

During their Disturbing shower Scene, we get Callie telling mark she thinking (Or something) about Arizona, but when mark basically says the same thing, Callie's reaction. "My sex is good." I had to rewind that scene to actually believe it. Like really? you didn't see mark saying that.

Everything about that shower scene is disturbing. And believe me, I don't think there's a single C/A fan that likes that scene (though I don't know). But don't get it twisted, Callie said the sex with Mark made her miss Arizona, and that it made her sad. Mark said that when he was having sex with Callie he was thinking about Lexie. No matter what the situation, friend or not, no girl wants to hear their sexual partner was thinking about someone else while having sex with you. That's insulting. Which is why Callie said "sex with me is amazing, I'm amazing!" What Mark said is far worse.

ML Destroyed forever

For reals? So they're not possibly hinting at them getting back together this season/leading into next? Or is what I've been watching all in my head?

Honestly, they need obstacles (cause that's what storytelling is all about), and whether you like it or not, having an older man who wants children date a much younger *career-oriented* woman who wants to wait, is very realistic and a nice twist on the stereotypical "older woman/younger man-she wants kids/he doesn't storyline." The other stuff that comes along with it (she's just dating Mark to advance etc?) was already done when they first started dating. IYR, when it was out that M/L were 'dating,' the other interns were whispering and staring. It finally got to Lexie to the point where she kissed Mark in front of them and said she knows it's real and beautiful. Now, that type of stuff? Can't be done again because once you've had characters conquer an obstacle, you really don't want to put the same one in front of them again.

If M/L are meant to be together, both of them have to make significant growth, w/o each other. I have a feeling if M/L do get back together, it will be for the last time. That's why they're dragging this situation out so long.

Edited by murkin, Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:36 PM.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Callie Decided Lexie wasn't "Grown up" Enough for mark. Then the fun began for the ML shippers (RME) where she started to talk badly about Lexie, I don't care that at the end she was telling mark to go after her, It does not take away that she bad mouths Lexie behind her back. I have to wonder why she doesn't just go up to the girl and tell her straight to her face. i guess she's not such as "Badass" after all, if she can't even tell Lexie that she thinks Lexie isn't grown up enough for mark. Like i said Two Faced.

Let's be honest here, Callie's gonna get hated on no matter what. She could say Lexie's teh greatest woman evah and Mark couldn't find anyone better and yet there'd still be some ulterior motive. I mean, do I think Callie is perfect? No. She's got a lot of flaws (but you can't have a good character w/o them, that's what makes them interesting), but she's always got Mark's best interests at heart. As friends (best friends even) do, they give advice, sometimes unwarranted/unwanted, but that's up to the other person to step in and tell them so; as Mark did wrt Julia this season. I honestly think it's showing growth within the boundaries of their relationship. As a whole, the three of them seem to have struck a good balance (partly cause of the debacle of last season, the writers have corrected this, and for good reason).

Not true at all, I could have liked Callie again even after Season 6, but then she ends up pregnant 2 seconds after ML get not only back together but Lexie, after 2 years finally says "I love you" to mark. The Mark and Lexie fans have been through so much and we thought finally we get to have our couple at least for more then 2 episodes. But no Callie ends up pregnant. So are hate for the Callie is justified for us. This is my biggest problem. Yes everyone has flaws but most women know what the morning after pill is for (Or in mark's case the Condom) I disagree, and when it happens again (Because it will) What is the excuse going to be then?. Lexie has never treated mark bad, She has never cheated on this guy, never even look at another man while with mark, So really Callie's Advice is not necessarily.

Did I say she was anti Slexie? Absolutely not

I didn't say you said she was, It's how they are writing her. it's either that or she's just fickle.

Did Callie ever do that to M/L?

Let see Getting undressed in front of Lexie and her boyfriend, Not to mention going in the bathroom while he is naked showering. No That must be ok, if Lexie didn't say anything it would have continued, Lexie might be Silent most of the time but the one thing i love about this girl and that she stands up for herself (Might take a while) She knows when something is wrong and when something is right. The fact that Callie did that in the first place, unbelievable. now she has a child with mark and i'm sure she's going to be judging Lexie and everything she does, i mean up thread someone even said She will talk to Lexie about her make up and break up thing with mark, but i'm not sure how Callie has any room to talk since C/A broke up as many times as ML have, the only different is they have the writers Favoritism on their side.

when Callie asked to move in with Mark she put herself in a situation to get pregnant?

I didn't say pregnant, but to have sex with mark, Yep.

She slept with the her so called friend and knew he was thinking about Lexie, whether mark Verbalized that or not it was what he was thinking, She'd be a fool to think otherwise. Mark wasn't there was with her, Just like he probably isn't there with Julia nor was he with Amelia. Sex is sex to mark, He wasn't making love to her, it was sex. If she can't put her feeling out of it, maybe she shouldn't be having ONS.

For reals? So they're not possibly hinting at them getting back together this season/leading into next? Or is what I've been watching all in my head?

They are hinting at them (Like they have been since Season 6) And? When they aren't together at the end of this season nor next Season, is that when we can say they are over? or should we wait until Season 10, 11, 12?. I honestly don't care, the killed any chance of ML having their own life, their own family when they wrote Callie having his baby, No matter what they write it will never be the ML i fell in love with. If (and that's a big if considering Shonda has a habit of always talking Crap about ML getting together and then it doesn't happen) If Mark and Lexie get back together, they won't be Mark and Lexie, They are going to be apart of the worst foursome on this show. It's going to be all about "CALM" Just another reason why i don't want anymore.

obstacles

I'm good with Obstacles, always have been, then again the first obstacle ML had Lexie was being thrown with Alex, then the next one they had Lexie was being thrown to Jackson. So when are the obstacles going to happen where ML come out on top over the obstacles like a strong couple does. Na, Why do that when we can have Lexie sleep with another roomate, Mark sleeps with Randoms. Maybe C/A, M/D, C/O would love those obsticles because as far as i know the ML fanbase doesn't. Also they change Lexie's character so much it's hard to tell whether she wants a career first or a family. right now it would seem she wants a family, Husband more, then again two seconds later it could change. I never understand why she was so Fickle to a career/Family at this stage in her life. She's not twenty one she's going on thirty.

If M/L are meant to be together, both of them have to make significant growth, w/o each other. I have a feeling if M/L do get back together, it will be for the last time. That's why they're dragging this situation out so long.

Why apart? It seems to me Mark and Lexie are the only ones who have to do this "Growth" apart. (Going on 3 seasons now) So they apparently didn't have growth from 6-7 break nor 7-8 break and yet apparently they still don't have it. So i'm going to call BS on that one. Yeah that's what we thought last season, I can put money on it, if they get together they will most likely end in the middle of season 9, maybe this is just how SR wants to play ML fan, i don't know, but one thing is for sure, I'm not playing into her hand anymore. I doubt that, the last time they dragged it out was for C/M to hook up, i can only imagine what is going to happen this season. i would go with another child but they wouldn't be that stupid, so i'm going with he's already married. Anything is possible.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

Oh wait, are you implying as in, Callie inserts herself in Mark/Lexie's relationship and that's okay, but when Mark does it it's not? Cause no. I emphasized *specifically* the moment when he slept in C/A's bed... WITH CALLIE AND ARIZONA IN IT. How is that okay? Or what about the times when Mark invited himself to dinner with C/A? Did Callie ever do that to M/L? Clearly Az wasn't comfortable with Mark doing those things and Callie was too placating to not say anything to him... which is why I think they've toned it down this season (aside from the weird Az/Mark cooking-together-oh-look-how-great-they-get-along-now-isn't-it-wonderful scenes).

First of all we aint talking about Arizona and Mark we are talking about Callie being two faced with Lexie ( calling her nasty names behind her back and then inviting her to the shower and then the wedding )- for example would it be OK for someone to question if Arizona was gender appropriate for Callie (or when Jackson and Lexie were together whether it was race appropriate) ,as Callie has on various occasions used the term age appropriate in regard to Lexie who at the time was 26 not under 18 .

And second .How long after ML got back together was she still living at Mark's with Lexie none the wiser as to what had gone on .Weeks wasn't it ?? My argument here would be there both as bad as each other .Callie's no innocent in that regard.

Honestly, they need obstacles (cause that's what storytelling is all about), and whether you like it or not, having an older man who wants children date a much younger *career-oriented* woman who wants to wait, is very realistic and a nice twist on the stereotypical "older woman/younger man-she wants kids/he doesn't storyline." The other stuff that comes along with it (she's just dating Mark to advance etc?) was already done when they first started dating. IYR, when it was out that M/L were 'dating,' the other interns were whispering and staring. It finally got to Lexie to the point where she kissed Mark in front of them and said she knows it's real and beautiful. Now, that type of stuff? Can't be done again because once you've had characters conquer an obstacle, you really don't want them to put the same one in front of them again.

They have been hinting ,spinning ,feeding spoilers and basically at times (in the case of Shonda) lying about where this story has been going for 2 and a half seasons .And they still ain't back together .Honestly with the track record the writers have with them I frankly wouldn't be surprised to see Mark and Julia married before the end of the season .Shonda loves to boot Lexie in the head and if there are new cast members( if anyone leaves )Lexie will be available for a starter romance with them ,before she gets dumped again and is back to pining for Mark in the lead up to next years finale.

They have done the kid thing twice with them in 2 seasons though .The first time it was realistic the 2nd time was overkill .The new obstacle is TIMING ISSUES apparently according to Shonda

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

Humbugged, you said it much better then i ever could! Agree with your post.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Callie's comments regarding Lexie's age were solely regarding Mark's desire to settle down and start a family. Lexie had just dumped Mark and explained that starting a family was not in her ten year plan. Mark was looking for a serious relationship and wanting to have children. Lexie wasn't. Callie suggested to Mark that he date someone who was on the same page as him. She never indicated that age alone was the issue, it was more about having similar goals and interests.

There was NEVER a time when Mark and Lexie were together that Callie said anything negative about Lexie or her age.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

I could be wrong but didn't SR say she was just like Lexie in everway? Or something to that? or that might have been Matt and SR, I'm not sure.

DaisyJane422

DaisyJane422

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

If that dope were to write a character about herself, it would be either Callie or Meredith.

Callie and Arizona don't have intimate scenes? I can think of the dancing, eating pizza naked in bed, the shower, thrusting at each other during a work-related event, and the trailer off the top of my head. The only other couple who have gotten more in the past few season is Cristina and Owen, which makes sense seeing as Sandra Oh, unlike the others, hasn't been pregnant during production. A bit off topic, but semi-related. Still, Callie and Arizona have been given plenty. And seeing as how Arizona runs around like she inseminated Callie and demeans Mark to sperm donor or babsitter, so much that her horrid father and ditz mother thought so (I see where she gets her lovely personality), I don't think Calzona fans have anything to whine about. But if you want them to trade places with M/L, I can promise you us fans would be very happy.

Edited by DaisyJane422, Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:25 PM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Trying to drag this thread back on track, I was wondering why people are so sure that Mark and Lexie aren't getting back together. Every scene between the two of them this season indicates that we are heading back towards a relationship eventually. I would think also that us being 'told' rather than 'shown' how wonderful Julia is, coupled with Mark's reluctance to tell her he loves her seems to prove that this relationship is a temporary one.

DaisyJane422

DaisyJane422

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

It's been so damn long, we doubt Shonda will grow a brain and finally put them back together. Apparently that can only happen if she's trying to win a GLAAD award and M/L can't have any drama if they're a couple. She likes to stick with the drawn out and contrived.

sade

sade

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

I find it hysterically ironic that Izzie was right about her all along, and yet she was painted as a victim then as well. All because she couldn't be bothered to set boundaries and have respect for others (running around the house naked like she owned the place instead of being a polite guest, using the bathroom when two of the people who lived there were in it). Sounds selfish and entitled to me.

I have to agree with this as I know that when I am a guest in someones home I do not wander around the place naked and I would not expect guests to do that in my home. There is such a thing as basic politeness.

It is different if it is your partners home and you are the only people there but that was not the case and Callie knew that was not the case.

Callie has a lack of thought for anyone else. Its almost as if she believes the whole world revolves around her. Another example of this was changing clothes in front of Mark and Lexie and walking in to talk to him in the shower. Yes Lexie put a stop to that but basic morality should have meant Callie should never have done that in the first place. For someone who absolutely hated her ex husbands inappropriate friendship with Izzie why doesnt she realise that is exactly what her friendship with Mark has become (im talking about prior to the Gizzie sex).

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

I'm closing this thread indefinitely, because it has become a place where people think it's okay to have fan wars, talk about fandoms/ships/etc., and to tell others that they are WRONG. None of that is okay, as the site rules have long explained. Take time to read them.