Bobís Burgers: Buckle It Up or You'll Die!

• Please log in to reply

1167 replies to this topic

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:57 PM

The exterminator was Murder She Roach

I felt bad for Bob because he seemed to just want to unwind and chill out.

Yep, and I liked this line (Bob to Linda on his plans to relax): To be honest, I wasn't even going to talk to you all that much.

Another gem (Gene, on the chocolate): It's being wasted on the wasted!

A juicebox every hour is a lot of juice. Or sugar, rather, since most juiceboxes contain very little juice. I was glad to see the kids had access to a bathroom! (Of course, I know juice contains sugar, too. You know what I mean.)

Edited by dcalley, Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:58 PM.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:23 PM

Season three is finally streaming on Netflix! So many great episodes!

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 9:35 PM

I was concerned about the lack of a bathroom at first.

gale6482

gale6482

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 1:41 AM

Season three is finally streaming on Netflix! So many great episodes!

Yay! This just made my day, I have been waiting forever to watch this season!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:20 AM

I just finished watching S1. I wondered about the word skadoosh in "Torpedo." Apparently that originated in Kung Fu Panda. Do you think the writers just borrowed that word from the movie, or does it actually have another origin?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 6:31 PM

Neighbor: Napoleon's Complexion: Skin Care For Little People

Burger(s) of The Day: I Fought The Slaw Burger (And the Slaw Won), Charbroil Fair Burger (comes with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme), Beets of The Southern Wild Burger, Sympathy For The Devil Burger (I think. Couldn't get a good shot of the sign that time)

I didn't know what to think about Linda's plot. I liked the noises she insisted on making, though. I figured that Linda wouldn't be able to use her "power" when she was hired to solve an actual case.

Tina getting an autograph from Gelding The Lily was hilarious. The fact that it actually dovetailed the A-plot was pretty neat, too.

"Everybody sounds like Sandy Duncan to you, mom!" Gene, again, was great.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 6:38 PM

Loved Bob's remark when Linda was making those 'psychic' noises as she was calling the tip line:  'Are they confused why Jerry Lewis is calling?'  I also laughed at the end when Linda asked him if he had just fallen down the stairs:  'I was just walking down the stairs.  Walking really fast down the stairs' (or something like that).

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 7:49 PM

Loved Bob's remark when Linda was making those 'psychic' noises as she was calling the tip line:  'Are they confused why Jerry Lewis is calling?'

I missed that! That's great.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 11:14 PM

Tina: Three ways? But I'm putting up all the money.

Louise: But it's my idea, and Gene's your brother!
Gene: Probably...

Sympathy For The Devil Burger (I think. Couldn't get a good shot of the sign that time)

It was Sympathy for Deviled Egg Burger. Sounds like something Ron Swanson would eat.

As I went to my chiropractor yesterday, I loved that (tall dark and "handsome") Marshmellow's special power is "to crack backs."

Edited by ikar, Apr 6, 2014 @ 11:14 PM.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 11:51 PM

I'm not sure why, but I liked Bob's insistence that Marshmallow was "beautiful, not handsome."

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 4:06 AM

Tina getting an autograph from Gelding The Lily was hilarious. The fact that it actually dovetailed the A-plot was pretty neat, too.

Wasn't that part of the main plot? The kids went to the horse track b/c Linda thought she was psychic!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 7:57 AM

"I Keyser Sozed myself."

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 8:29 AM

I'm not sure why, but I liked Bob's insistence that Marshmallow was "beautiful, not handsome."

Loved Marshmallow's response:  "Blush."

(All through the episode, I had this irrational hope that Linda and Marshmallow would open a psychic detective agency.)

Not really sure about the whole psychic powers plotline, but it gave us plenty of Gary Cole's Sergeant Bosco, and that's always a good thing.

"Nah, just kidding--we do have the wrong guy."

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:24 PM

Exterminator: Curiosity Killed the Rat

Bob sounded a bit like Jimmy Jr. after he fell.

"Nah, just kidding--we do have the wrong guy."

I think Bosco said, "we know we have the wrong guy" (implying that they know and don't care).

Edited by dcalley, Apr 7, 2014 @ 1:26 PM.

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 7:42 PM

The season 3 DVD is coming out . . . next month.  It looks like another MOD.

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-3/19677

Sometimes I wonder if any TV show I watch is going to get another decent DVD release again.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 5:48 AM

Dammit.  The first season's release was so great, it got my hopes up.  The first full season, and no bonus features?  Ugh. 

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:45 AM

It just cracks me up that a transvestite is a recurring character on this show and that it's totally nbd for anyone at all. Another more crappy sitcom would make it a Big Deal, and look at us how progressive!

Edited by ganesh, Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:46 AM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 6:29 PM

Neighbor: Tire-Rhea-O (Explosive sale!)

Burger of The Day: The Life of The Parsley Burger

Well, this episode didn't disappoint. Why am I not surprised that the Brony/Equestricle convention was filled with furries and weird grown men? I had a feeling that Tina's erotic friend-fiction would creep into this eventually.

Tina was just awesome in this episode. Just loved her "oh god, oh god" when she was trying to teach Bob about Equestranauts.

Bob finally putting his foot down at the end was so freaking hilarious to me.

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Apr 13, 2014 @ 6:30 PM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 6:53 PM

Equestranauts, or Bronies?

It just cracks me up that a transvestite is a recurring character on this show and that it's totally NBD for anyone at all. Another more crappy sitcom would make it a Big Deal, and look at us how progressive!

I thought Marshmallow was a cross-dresser, not a transsexual.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 7:58 PM

Marshmallow isn't a transsexual. Transvestite and crossdresser are basically the same terms. And I thought they said TV on the show, but I don't remember.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 8:28 PM

Duhr! Sorry, I misread your original statement.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 9:46 PM

I enjoyed tonight's show. 

I liked when Louise said, "Do I like this show? Nay, I do not." 

Pony Danza, Peggy-sis. I'm sure there were a bunch of other names that blew past me.

Tina: Act like a man and use your pony name.

I got a big giggle out of the gold-plated mini being previously owned by Jon Hamm.

I also liked how Bronc--whatshisname said tattoo. Tuh-TOO.

I'm glad there was a happy ending, that Tina got her Chariot back. Loved the end when Bob forced her to play with it.

ETA -

The season 3 DVD is coming out . . . next month.  It looks like another MOD.

I see that means "Manufactured on Demand," but what exactly does that mean? Quick-and-dirty?

Edited by peeayebee, Apr 13, 2014 @ 9:48 PM.

Matt K

Matt K

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:08 PM

I see that means "Manufactured on Demand," but what exactly does that mean? Quick-and-dirty?

I means they essentially just burnt he episodes onto a writable DVD and give it a menu.  No special features and they are prone to errors.  Personally I've heard enough bad things about these dvd to avoid them like the plague (mainly issues with defective DVDs or missing episodes but also something they just stop working) which is a shame because I'd love to add to my season 1 DVD "set".

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 11:54 PM

Instant classic.

Got to hand it to Dan Mintz.   He had to do a lot of heavy lifting in this episode.   He had to introduce the Equestranaut TV show and its mythology,  then set up the whole Equesticle sub-culture, bring Tina to the convention to run afoul of Bronconius and his minions, and then send Bob in undercover to get Chariot back.  Not much room for Louise, Gene and Linda other than one-liners, but even so, the episode felt absolutely jam packed.

My favorite part was when Tina finally faced down Bronconius at the party, and condemned him for crimes against the Equestranauts--no, not the whole sexually ambiguous, freaky stuff (she kinda likes that herself)--but for betraying the spirit of friendship that's the basis for the series.

The capper was the Equestranauts theme song, with "follow the bouncing pony" lyrics.  Amazing.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:56 AM

I think the creators/writers of Friendship is Magic must be kicking themselves for not coming up with "Salt Lick City" first.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 10:28 AM

Ohhhh, Salt LICK City!

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 8:12 PM

I thought that this was going to be an episode where Tina found some people who thought she was cool and would make some new friends. Then I was saying, "Tina's horse isn't worth any money because it's not in mint condition," but that guy only wanted it for its "power."

I wasn't expecting this, though it was funny, and good for Bob for becoming an expert on the tv show to infiltrate the gang. Who is a better tv parent than Bob? I mean, most people wouldn't know the capital is Salt Lick City because it's not the most metropolitan. 

I liked that Linda got a little dancing in at the party. They never take her dancing. 

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:03 AM

"Non-canonical....NON-CANONICAL!"