Bobís Burgers: Buckle It Up or You'll Die!

• Please log in to reply

1167 replies to this topic

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2011 @ 7:03 PM

"Foot Feta-ish Burger" was so evil. I'm kind of proud of that little girl for coming up with such a great joke on the spot.

Loved the way the older daughter explained her recurring nightmares which then turned into sexual things in such a deadpan way. Any other show would have the character flipping out as they said it, but it is so much better when the lines are delivered that way.

Sampling your grandparents having sex and then playing it for the class? Best history report ever.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2011 @ 8:09 PM

Oh gawd! I told my PT about the daughter's Dawn of Dead night terrors that were becoming incorporated into her wet dreams. He's amused by twisted things like that.

CheekyLilDevil

CheekyLilDevil

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

I was expecting to hate this show judging by the commercials, but it's actually really funny. I like the subdued delivery of the jokes. This is more like an offbeat family sitcom than I expected.

overg

overg

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

Very happy to find that this show's got a definite Home Movies and Dr. Katz vibe, which just makes the world a little bit better place.

Bob's and youngest daughter's senses of humor are the definite highlites, but the two other kids show some potential, too. The mom needs to move beyond "male comedian doing New York female voice," though. Hopefully they can flesh out her character and have her bring the funny too.

chancellorjake

chancellorjake

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2011 @ 10:30 PM

I hate this style of animation, so I'm not sure if I'll make it through all of the episodes. However, H. Jon Benjamin has an incredible voice and I love his work on Archer, so I'm willing to give this show a couple more episodes.

Lola82

Lola82

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2011 @ 1:16 PM

Is no one watching this show? I thought it was another great episode last night.

Tell Her No

Tell Her No

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 24, 2011 @ 2:27 PM

I loved the fact that Bob actually got to like Moolissa (??!) and wasn't being a self-righteous ass about it (unlike some shows); the filmmaker didn't really get what he deserved (a Hank Hill-style ass kicking); and the kids were pretty much the same (obnoxious, but still pretty funny). All in all, I liked the episode, especially the ending. A happy ending for everyone! Heh.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2011 @ 9:56 PM

Ehhhh. The jokes are funny enough, I guess, but I hate the animation and the voices. I don't think I'll continue watching.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2011 @ 12:21 AM

I like this show more than I thought I would -- I'm not a fan of the animation style, but the jokes are funny, and I think it's really sweet how the wife calls Bob "Bobby" as a term of endearment.

Jabua

Jabua

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 25, 2011 @ 12:59 AM

Bob kissing Moolissa in his dream (and letting his kids see it, forcing Linda to shuttle them inside) was the highlight for me, really.

Still adore Tina and Gene. Louise, though, is as annoying and borderline-repulsive as ever. But still, a good episode.

debmine

debmine

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 8:56 AM

I am loving this show. My favorite line from Sacred Cow episode, Louise yelling from the upstairs window, "Turns out our father is putting murdered cow in the beef!"

Louise never fails to crack me up, mostly because I'm a huge Flight of the Conchords fan and Kristen Schaal just has a really funny voice.

Earl Camembert

Earl Camembert

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 9:46 AM

It's growing on me, especially the kids - the first episode, I just wanted to tie them in a sack and throw them in the river, but now their various personality disorders are starting to crack me up. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for fecal emoticons.

Would definitely like to see more of the kids driving outsiders crazy, rather than just poor Bob. I was hoping they would have driven the filmmaker to utter distraction - they started to, but didn't go far enough.

But yeah, I'm hooked. Fecal emoticons, people.

wolfdreamer

wolfdreamer

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 12:56 AM

Did anyone else catch this - In the advertising of Bob's burgers when the documentary guy was interviewing Louise (Hey I remembered her name, I must like the show) and he asked "Do you think cows should be ground up into meat?" Her response was "Only if they were adulterers." Then I watched it and she said instead, "I don't really care, but my dad...."

I wonder why they changed it. Could they be afraid of offending adulterers? I mean come on, if you can't offend an adulterer who can you offend?

Jobe

Jobe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2011 @ 1:01 AM

I'm surprised they changed that, too. Especially since they're one of the types of people I'd be more than happy to see offended.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2011 @ 4:27 AM

I caught the first ep on Hulu yesterday. They got me at the "Don't taste me, bro!" sign in the crowd.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 11:03 AM

Maybe one of the people offended by the adulterers comment was a Fox network exec?

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 8:59 PM

Kristen Schaal and Eugene Mirman are so good together. ďYAAAAAAAAAAY! TRASH!Ē

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

I agree, Kristen Schaal & Eugene Mirman were great tonight.

It's also a good sign that Linda reminds me of my mom. She, too is always gossiping on the phone during awkward conversations.

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 10:38 PM

I loved how Louise kept putting utensil-weapons on the counter for Bob when Jairo (or whatever his name was) was in the diner.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 12:05 AM

I loved how Louise kept putting utensil-weapons on the counter for Bob when Jairo (or whatever his name was) was in the diner.

And one of them was a cheese grater!

Credit card ninja star was good too. Because anything ninja is cool! I like how the whole family has an understanding about the 4.30 meetings too.

The whole conversation about "becoming a woman" was pretty funny. "I'm just saying! If she was! I'd want to be there!"

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 12:18 AM

The whole conversation about "becoming a woman" was pretty funny. "I'm just saying! If she was! I'd want to be there!"

Yes. Also liked, ďSheís pube-ing out right now pretty bad.Ē

Jabua

Jabua

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 1:30 AM

Why is Louise so liked? I find her sociopathic, at best. I hate (most) sociopaths.

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 1:48 AM

She's cute, witty, and wears bunny ears...what's not to like? Bart Simpson's been a sociopath for 22 years now, and people like him.

ďI wanna pay my bill! I wanna pay my bill!Ē Iím really liking Teddy.

Edited by hollyhox, Feb 14, 2011 @ 1:49 AM.

Jabua

Jabua

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 3:01 AM

hollyhox
She's cute, witty, and wears bunny ears...what's not to like?

Her lack of respect for other people's feelings and property? Her actually smiling when, in the pilot, Linda said her lies may have singlehandedly sunk the restaurant? Her making Tina think Moolissa was trying to contact her when he wasn't?

hollyhox
Bart Simpson's been a sociopath for 22 years now, and people like him.

Bart took several, several seasons to cross the line from simple troublemaker to full-on sociopath. Louise couldn't even wait for one season to pass before crossing that line.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 5:36 AM

Burger of the day:
  • Roquefort Files Burger
  • These Collards Don't Run

Watching Jairo spout his b.s. was amusing but I'd have no patience for that IRL.

Edited by ubi, Jun 19, 2011 @ 11:12 PM.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 2:20 PM

Loved the repeated jokes about the awful foot stench at places like that. I remember the first time I went into a place like that and the smell punched me in the face. Way stronger than any of the martial arts going on inside.

There was something sweet about Bob fantasizing about Tina grilling with him through all those major moments in her life.

Ethereal Zoe

Ethereal Zoe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

Kristen Schaal and Eugene Mirman are so good together.

In anything. Which is one reason why Flight of the Conchords was so awesome.

The Capoeira movements that Tina was doing had me in stitches the whole time. Last night was the first episode I truly enjoyed all the way through. I just wish Bob could have gotten one good hit in on Jairo.

ETA:

hollyhox
Bart Simpson's been a sociopath for 22 years now, and people like him.

Bart took several, several seasons to cross the line from simple troublemaker to full-on sociopath. Louise couldn't even wait for one season to pass before crossing that line.

And no offense, but Louise is no Bart Simpson. If the existing episodes are any indication, it will be a good while before any of these characters can carry the majority of an episode on their own. At least until they end up on Adult Swim.

Edited by Ethereal Zoe, Feb 14, 2011 @ 8:26 PM.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

Why is Louise so liked? I find her sociopathic, at best.

In cartoons, sociopathic children can be hilarious.

hollyhox

hollyhox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2011 @ 10:12 PM

Kinda the point on a show like this. The humor's in the skewed look at life, like in Archer, or South Park, or any number of shows. Questioning the morality of a cartoon character is the job of the Parent's Television Council.

El Guapo

El Guapo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2011 @ 1:59 AM

Loved the repeated jokes about the awful foot stench at places like that.

"It smells like feet cooked in feet"

Best episode so far. I love the conversational rhythm the family has going. They really sound like they've lived all their lives together, next to all the meat.

BTW, that dead seal's not going to poke itself.