Bobís Burgers: Buckle It Up or You'll Die!

• Please log in to reply

1167 replies to this topic

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Also, I found a nickel today and found myself going "Alriiiight" Linda-style.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that Linda's boat in her daydream was named "The Alriiiiiiight"?

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

"A Fridge Too Far" used appliances- next door neighbor in the credits.

Gene was on fire! Fart Island is a logical progression of thought for him.

When Bob's got his carpal tunnel splints : "Please tell me they shoot webs!"
(Louise: Are we finally getting a falcon?)

and the Burger of the day board at the end was "Band on the Run burger (comes with wings)"

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

It was with wings? I thought it came with onion rings, but they kept standing directly in front of the sign.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:55 AM

I spit my drink out when Tina wanted to ask about the "merginas". I also loved the Alriiiight boat, she is so funny! Already pre-ordered my season one yesterday, yay!

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I loved the Burger Boss game, it reminds me of all of the old school arcade and 2bit NES (Nintendo Hard!) games I owned and would rage quit

My immediate thought when I saw that game was "That's totally sppsd to be BurgerTime™!!!!"

the Burger of the day board at the end was "Band on the Run burger (comes with wings)"

OK, now THAT makes more sense than "rings"!

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

I feel like this show wouldn't be half as funny if not for the talented voice actors.

Except for HJB's voice, which is the exception that proves my point, VA isn't just about the actors using their normal voices for the characters. It's one of the reasons I think that this show is still on while ND and AG aren't. It's also one of the reason's why Futurama is so funny. You have to do something more to give 2D characters fully three dimensions. That's what I don't like about modern movie animation. They get "big actors" for the characters, but they just use their normal voices. It takes something away from it.

I like pretty much all the episodes where the kids are all working together, or at least in on the plot together. It totally makes sense they would crash the parties and get away with it. Gene's "desert storm" line was hilarious and perfect. It's so out there that the mother isn't going to really think about who the kids are any more. And they pretty much fit in with all the different groups.

Tina hitting on the ice sculpture was pretty funny too.

Edited by ganesh, Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:11 PM.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Burger of the day:
Use it or Bleus It Burger
One Yam Bad Burger
On Bread Burger(?)

Neighbors:
Pooka Pagoda (?)

I am rewatching Synchronized Swimming now, and it's "The One Yam Band Burger (comes with yams)," which I think is supposed to make fun of a one-man band, but I'm not sure. And the last BotD is "Do Brussel Burger (comes with brussel sprouts)." This one, I don't get. The lack of an s on Brussels bothers me, too. The neighbor was Pookah Pagoda, Pookah Shell Warehouse.

I loved how awful the version of "Unchained Melody" was in the soft-serve lesson/Tom Selleck fantasy.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Torpedo
Bob meets his favorite minor league baseball player at a local minor-league team.

Neighbors:
  • Chris' brisses
Burger of the day:
  • Take Me Out To The Ball Game (comes with peanuts and Cracker Jack)

Louise: "It's like braille but with butts"
Gene: "Read my butt!!!"

Mr Fischoeder, Bob's landlord, reminds me of Tom Wolf, author of "Vanity of the Bonfires".

Lousie's bit about the knife and lemons on her feet cracked me up.

I loved how Gene forgot the name of Bob's restaurant when he won the mascot race.

Edited by ubi, Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:26 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

This was a rerun, actually. It was last season's finale.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:44 AM

One wife. One family. That's the way to do it.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

This Burgerboss BotD hasn't yet been mentioned:
Papaya Was a Rolling Stone Burger

Jimmy Pesto's cummerbund (at the yacht club) was green, white, and red! Fancy.

Edited by dcalley, Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:40 AM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

"Blooks have more fun." Love Tina, er, Dina. That being on the road would cause Tina to develop a whole new personality that is pretty much the same as her normal one is great. She's no Roger Smith, but I like that about her.

For some reason, I love how Gene can only say "Beef Curtains" on his birthday.

I really loved the festival. Nothing but Hippies and Hipsters. That hippie singing about the Oil Spill ust slayed me.

CheekyLilDevil

CheekyLilDevil

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

That was totally a parody of Tori Amos, right? Cuz, if it was, it was spot on!

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:34 AM

Tina: I don't wanna die a virgin!
Randy: Me, neither!
Tina: . . . Wait, that gives me an idea.
Bob: No! No!

That exchange made me laugh so hard.

I was surprised Teddy even thought to get Gene out of the first truck before it exploded. I was then surprised that he could pick him up because he's so fat. Then, I remembered that Teddy's shown himself to be pretty strong in the past and I wasn't as surprised.

For once, someone other than Bob called Linda out on something. I agreed that her road rage was definitely one of the causes of them getting the people's ire.

The pianist obviously referring to her vagina . . . yeah, Gene was right. Not very subtle at all. Especially considering her movements.

Better episode than most of this season's.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

I just discovered that season 1 of Bob's Burgers is on Netflix instant and have been rewatching it. (I actually had never seen "Sacred Cow," which introduced the filmmaker character, but I've remedied that!)

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:59 AM

Favorite part of that episode (at least for me) is Bob and Moolissa's make-out session. Which I wish they'd shown at least a few more seconds of. Oh, and how the burger clouds behind them turned into hearts.

Though to this day, I still can't tell if they were actually in heaven or just dreaming that he was.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:12 AM

There was a small clip of Bob's Burgers on during the Fox 25th special. Gene used a water fountain like a bidet? I hope this means Fox renews it... but when you look at the show's wiki page (I know, I know, Wikipedia) it says we only have 4 more eps left this season! whatupwiddat?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

There was a small clip of Bob's Burgers on during the Fox 25th special. Gene used a water fountain like a bidet?

THAT'S what he said that was so funny! I was trying to tell someone about what they said on the special but couldn't remember what he had said.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Oh look, Aunt Gayle's back. Man, tonight's plot was like Archer and Pam all over again. Except Linda approved of everything.

Ken Jeong was Dr. Yap. Yes, that's all kinds of awesome. Naturally, Tina has a crush on him. The credits sequence of her watching The Prince of Persusaia was great.

"You're got caught in the Yap Trap."
"You caught me."

The antics of the kids were hilarious, especially Gene. He built an androgynous snowman. And he's a squirrell whisperer.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:17 AM

I can't tell if Linda was being stupider than ever, or if she knew what was going on and slapping Bob was just an act for Gayle's benefit.

The credits sequence of her watching The Prince of Persusaia was great.

I think it was funnier, frankly, when Gene and Louise came back to watch it, too, and sent each other WTF?! looks.

CrabShaman

CrabShaman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:14 AM

Megan Mullally already has me wrapped around her finger...now she's just running up the score. Damn. Smoove Crab out.

The show is beginning to grow on me, I admit.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Tina was the star of the show for me, I lol'd so many times at her taking the advice of the Persuasia video and trying to get Dr. Yap.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

I can't tell if Linda was being stupider than ever, or if she knew what was going on and slapping Bob was just an act for Gayle's benefit.

I think she was acting. Punching Bob seemed too over the top even for her. As much as she likes to do wacky things she's never really hit Bob. I don't think Bob caught on though.

I loved all the challenges because they were so creative and the kids just went for it with such gusto. I like that the kids are just kids and not typically self-aware and ironic.

As funny as Tina was, I think it was a subtle but nice point she recognized that the dentist was an asshole, and wasn't into him anymore. I think that's actually good. I get the feeling because Bob is so good natured with the kids and Linda dotes on them that they've been raised to have good self-esteem.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

I think she was acting. Punching Bob seemed too over the top even for her.

I thought she told Bob she just lost it when she actually saw them together?

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

I love this show - I happened to pause it on the shot of the two cars sitting outside of Dr. Yap's time-share, and I saw that Dr. Yap's license plate is "BRN2DRLU". Perfect.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

Doctor Yap
Bob mistakes Linda's sister Gail (who previously appeared during Art Crawl) for Linda while under the influence of his dentist's medication.

Neighbors:
  • Stickers For (the rest ran off-screen)
Burger of the day:
  • It's Fun To Eat At The YMCA (comes with Y>, Mustard, Cheese, Avocado)
Hey, Bob still has that softserve ice cream machine!

Gene and Louise's jawbreaker challenges were hilarious!

The Prince of Persuasion tape was made even more hilarious because it's based on fact. I'm pretty sure the dandy in those tapes had a reality show once.

superboy

superboy

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Neighbors:
Stickers For (the rest ran off-screen)

I'm pretty sure it was "Stickers for Men"

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

I'm pretty sure it was "Stickers for Men"

Yeah, I don't get this one.

Loved the jawbreaker challenges.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

The Burger was the "it's fun to eat at the rYeMCA. It was served on rye bread. Sounded really good. People seem to love the taste of his burgers, when you can actually get them to eat one.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

"If Looks Could Kale." That's quite the clever name, as was the "Little Swiss Bunshine Burger."

I like how Mr. Fischoeder refers to Linda as "Mrs. Burger." Speaking of guests, loved Patton Oswalt as the Moody Foody. It was good to see him change his mind about the burger JUST as he called 911 for being taken hostage by him.

Jon Benjamin is at his best whenever he freaks out and luckily this episode had that in spades. "OVERDONE AND DRY!" Bob's nightmares about working in an office mirror mine.

Thank god that Parrot Man is now Eyebrow Man. For whatever reason I love how Tina has a beef with a parrot. And was able to help people with Spanish.