Bobís Burgers: Buckle It Up or You'll Die!

• Please log in to reply

1169 replies to this topic

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

I knew it was CL immediately. She's got a pretty distinctive voice. And kudos for her being so game to sing a silly song for a tv show.

Tina stole the show for me with every line. I also like how they took the time to animate Bob actually covering his boner for every scene.

SHOgirl

SHOgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

So glad this show is back!

nattygirl

nattygirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

"Sometimes you want to ride the roller coaster twice without waiting in line!" Great premiere! And that Jimmy Junior can DANCE.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

"Channel 6 News: They'll finger anything with a pulse!" Oh, Gene. Also, he REALLY wanted to go back in mom's womb, didn't he? Also, loved his fantasy of Robot College. The robot (and the hostage taker) was voiced by Bill Hader!

Burger of The Day: Charred to a Crisp Burger.

God, Louise just screaming to Gary Cole's character was freaking hilarious. I can hear "IT'S MY DADDY!!" on loop all day.

Oh, this episode was fantastic.

TDA Jake

TDA Jake

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

Eh. It was all right. Didn't really laugh at anything, though, except for the multiple phone extension lines. And that Tina only said one thing when her split-screen came up.

jeff6286

jeff6286

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

Burger of The Day: Charred to a Crisp Burger

That's Chard to a Crisp. I didn't know this, but a Swiss chard is a leafy green vegetable often used in Mediterranean cooking. So a substitute for lettuce I suppose, as an excuse for some clever wordplay.

I loved this episode. All 3 kids had me cracking up at various points. The robot college fantasy was indeed awesome, then Gene using a remote control car to collect Tina's money from the bank. The fact that they were using a bomb-defusing robot to deliver pizzas to the hostages was just hilarious for some reason.

How many extensions do you people have? Four..

So did Bob put that money in his pocket, or was it Mickey? I must know!

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

I loved the "release" of Tina's money to Gene's motorized car. Er, robot.

Also after Tina drew the fish on the bag of burgers, the news people referred to "Fish rocket burgers" during the human shield move across the street. Bob just can't win! Except that Mickey didn't like Jimmy Pesto's pizza.

ETA:

So did Bob put that money in his pocket, or was it Mickey? I must know!

Well, Mickey WAS playing "banker" and Bob did seem shocked when the dye pack exploded. I vote for Bob's innocence.

Edited by ikar, Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

Bob Day Afternoon

A nearby bank robbery goes wrong, putting Bob in a hostage situation.

Burger of the day:
ēChard to a Crisp

Neighbors:
ēHannibal Leckture's Dead Animal Taxidermy

"Channel 6 News: They'll finger anything with a pulse!"

The bank robber returned Jimmy Pesto's pizza

Rockey Fish Burgers

The Art Crawl lady thought the drawings were penises

Robot College!

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

Your ____ Stationary (Across the street, next to Jimmy Pesto's. Did asnyone see the middle word?)

Yours Truly Stationery

Uncle Marty's Breast Pumps and Hannibal's Dead Animals Taxidermy have been the neighbors so far this season.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

I've never watched this show before, but did the past two episodes OnDemand. It is absolutely hysterical.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

I loved the weird friendship Bob formed with the robber. Plus we saw the return of the lady from the art shop, who continues to be offended by things she thinks are vulgar. How could you be offended by fish rocket burgers?

Bob uses some fancy ingredients on his burgers, doesn't he? I'd love to visit his place to try all of these things he comes up with.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

Bob uses some fancy ingredients on his burgers, doesn't he? I'd love to visit his place to try all of these things he comes up with.

I'd have to check my notes, but hasn't Bob used chard before in the past?

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

This is my favorite show ever, while waiting for new episodes I've been watching season 1 on repeat over and over and over. I'm not even kidding. Thank you TPTB for granting a season two (knock on wood), and it does not disappoint! Tina is my favorite character, I loved last season when Linda was telling Tina she's had stage fright since she was a little bitty baby and they actually showed her as a little baby doing that trademark groan. So cute! I personally like the animation of this show and the way Bob genuinely laughs (humorously, not meanly) at what his family says sometimes. And lets not forget "Pullin' down the pants of the night!". Ahh prostitute transvestites.

Edited by katymo, Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

I'd have to check my notes, but hasn't Bob used chard before in the past?

I don't know how thorough this list is for season 1, but there's no chard on there. There are tons of burgers of the day that did not appear on the show on this twitter page, too. It seems to have been abandoned.

Edited by dcalley, Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:22 AM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:29 AM

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of the "These Collards Don't Run Burger"?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

Synchronized Swimming

Bob gets a soft-serve ice cream machine. Meanwhile, the kids get out of P.E. class by tricking the guidance councilor into thinking they're doing synchronized swimming.

Burger of the day:
  • Use it or Bleus It Burger
  • The One Yam Band Burger (comes with yams)
  • On Bread Burger(?)

Neighbors:
  • Pooka Pagoda (?)

"What’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!"

Bob's ice cream montage was a hoot!

Linda making, then wearing, the Navajo mask for gene.

I laughed when Louise had no idea what the "Caddyshack Maneuver" was!

The ice cream "Ghost" montage with Tom Sellek butting in cracked me up. Oh yeah! "Get out of my cawfee, Tom Selleck!"

Edited by ubi, Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Whatís better at math than a robot? Theyíre made of math!

Andy & Ollie: The new Ralph Wiggums? Either way, theyíre still hilarious. ďLetís die like we were born: two minutes apart!Ē

Teddy will eat anything. Even a sponge. But I love that heíll still yell at Bob for feeding it to him without him even knowing what he was putting in his mouth.

Go play your judge-eridoo. Linda was great this week, it was finally nice to see an episode revolving around her.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

I *have* to use "made of math" sometime. Gene was so pleased with himself when he came up with that. I also liked this was a Linda v the kids episode, which is a typical sitcom plot, but they did something original with it. I totally buy Linda being a over-doting mom. I didn't realize how much Bob relies on the family to keep the restaurant going. He totally freaked at the thought of summer school. It would funny if there's a future episode where Bob has to hire someone else.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

"Independent whaaaaaaaa?!" Loved seeing Linda gradually go from happy to confused to outright pissed at the kids.

Loved Bob pretty much going back on not wanting Linda to help the kids until they were threatened with summer school.

Everything relating to Linda's Tom Selleck fantasies. She even imagines a threesome with him, Bob, and herself. Ha!

Good episode tonight.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Bob was all casual in the fantasy too. Oh, hi, Tom Selleck.

Even though they showed Linda as doing the kids homework, etc., it wasn't like she was put upon, she liked doing it. So it made sense that she figured out right away that the kids put one over on her with the independent study. It's a nice character detail that she's kooky, but not outright stupid. As opposed to the guidance counselor who was just completely clueless.

I did also like the Usual Suspects tip of the hat when Louise came up with independent study.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

I love that Louise "Caddyshacked" the pool, but did not know what Caddyshack was, let alone the specific reference. Too often characters have these pop cultural references they really wouldn't have. And let's face it, there is no reason to expect an 8 year old girl, even one as twisted as Louise, to know what Caddyshack is. Of course the fact that she actually took a dump in the pool rather than toss a candy bar in to make it seem like someone dumped in the pool made the joke one of the funniest I have seen on any comedy in a long time. But then this show has fast become my favorite. Certainly the only one I look forward to all week.

Edited by reggiejax, Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:44 PM.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Man I love this show! Gene running around covering his nipples during dodge ball made me actually laugh out loud. So did Tina saying "balls" in disgust. This is my favorite one of season 2 so far. I didn't even know the Caddyshack thing and I'm in my 20s so yeah it makes sense.

IseutLaBrune

IseutLaBrune

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

I had to struggle mightily not to do a spit-take when Linda said "What up, my knitta?" to Mr. Frond. Hee hee, brilliant. Sooo using that!

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Louise is nine, not eight, reggiejax.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

Entertainment Weekly promo and article on this week's ep, with guest star Aziz Ansari!

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Gene's got the right idea: After buying an island, we buy a smaller island. For farting.

"If I see any mermaids, I'm gonna ask where their mer-ginas are. Oh, Tina.

I kinda like this new running plot device with Bob trying to find a new gimmick. We had ice cream last week, now it's the Burger Boss game.

DRL was voiced by Aziz Ansari! He's so awesome, it's about time he was paired with Jon Benjamin. I loved Bob getting progressively higher leading up to his "fight" with Tyler. Tyler's dad being president of the Yacht Club (with Jimmy Pesto in attendance) was a good way to tie the main plot and Bob's lie together.

Burger of The Day: Good Night and Good Leek Burger.

Anthony W

Anthony W

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

Love the fact that the cartoon is still funny. I was afraid that it might have a slump. The only weak part of this show is Louise. Gene and Tina are much funnier. The Louise character just isn't very funny IMHO. She feels like something a studio exec would recommend.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Agreed, which is disappointing, because I like Kristen Schaal a lot.

I did laugh at her "He had sex and made us, so deal with it!", though.

Also laughed at Gene actually accepting the compliment to the security guy that he, Louise, and Tina are "beautiful kids." Mainly because I heard it from so far off.

Lola82

Lola82

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

I really love this cartoon. With Archer done for the season, this is my animation fix.

I feel like this show wouldn't be half as funny if not for the talented voice actors. Linda's voice especially cracks me up every time (well Tina too). Like right after the call to come in to the yacht club, the way she happily sings "la la la la" - just that part had me rewinding it 3 times. Also, I found a nickel today and found myself going "Alriiiight" Linda-style.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

I really do enjoy this show much MUCH more than Allen Gregory or Napolean Dynamite (despite the latter being funnier) so I hope it sticks around for a while. Last night's episode was hilarious, I loved the Burger Boss game, it reminds me of all of the old school arcade and 2bit NES (Nintendo Hard!) games I owned and would rage quit >_<