Breakout Kings: From the People Who Brought You 'Prison Break'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

607 replies to this topic

mauras

mauras

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 10:36 PM

I liked this much more than I expected to and will definitely watch episode 2, but I wish they weren't replacing Philly, who was one of the more interesting characters. Very very happy to see Domenick Lombardozzi again, and okay, he isn't exactly playing against type, but I still thought he did a really good job. And Laz Alonso is definitely hot. I agree that this seems more like a USA show, but I'm fine with that.

Edited by mauras, Mar 7, 2011 @ 10:37 PM.

Susanlea

Susanlea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 10:59 PM

why is this in the Sci Fi forum? Did I miss some aliens or space ships last night??

This is the Sci Fi and Action Adventure forum

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Mar 8, 2011 @ 12:12 AM

Dumb question though, why is this in the Sci Fi forum? Did I miss some aliens or space ships last night??

I started the thread here because of the "Action-Adventure" part. Someone already made a request to move the thread in the Traffic Court thread. If the mods want to move it, that's fine with me.

Barrett0033

Barrett0033

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2011 @ 12:44 AM

D'oh! How did I ever miss that the Sci Fi forum was also Action? It's not like I haven't been here since the MBTV days lol. I plead dumbassery.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 2:03 AM

I do hope they have a good reason why she won't be in the upcoming episodes.

In the montage at the end they showed her looking at her bank account and I believe she had over 1.3 billion in it so I'm guessing she's leaving for that. Also like others, I didn't see her adding anything to the show.

Of course, it makes no sense why they would be letting a ex-cop in a halfway house carry a weapon

Eh, it makes some sense to me. To make it to a halfway house means he's not a threat and if they are to recapture dangerous criminals they need to have more than one person with a weapon on the team. Also he wasn't allowed to keep the weapon, he was only allowed to carry it during their mission and I suspect only at the times when having a gun might be required.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Mar 9, 2011 @ 2:12 AM.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

• Interests:FOOTBALL!, Playing Cards, jigsaw puzzles, Pie, shooting dice in Vegas, swimming, Star Wars, inside jokes, fireworks, the Honolulu Cookie Company, Casablanca, sewing and knitting, Arrested Developement, the 4th of July, baseball, and Harry Potter

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 1:44 PM

Of course, it makes no sense why they would be letting a ex-cop in a halfway house carry a weapon

THIS. Plus, would a guy that lives in a half-way house ever be allowed to work on the force again? I figured if you committed a serious crime you'd be kicked off the force for sure.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 6:14 PM

THIS. Plus, would a guy that lives in a half-way house ever be allowed to work on the force again?

He's not a cop. We, just like the other convicts, just assume he's a cop until the end. Duchamp is the only Marshal on the task force.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 8:45 PM

I think every name in the opening credits were people who worked on Prison Break. I thought that was ... funny. Waiting until the next episode to see if the female characters get treated as "well" as on that show.

I'll miss the former beauty queen con woman. I liked her. It looks like the character replacing her is bringing a different skill set.

And does Jimmy Simpson always play That Creepy Guy? Because I've only seen him in one other thing, and he was creepy there as well.

And if they know their title is stupid, why didn't they change it?

I assume they'll be traveling around the country, but the show is set in New York. Does anyone know where its filmed? (Pretty sure it's not NY.)

Susanlea

Susanlea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 3:00 PM

And does Jimmy Simpson always play That Creepy Guy?

I believe that he played Lyle the Intern on Late Night with David Letterman, where he was obnoxious and creepy.

angelsamongus

angelsamongus

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 3:42 PM

Yeah, anybody know why they threw over that chick from The Unit for Serinda Swan?

Probably because Serinda has talent and the looks to fit in the show.. I knew Philly looked familar but also found her the weak link on the show so wasn't suprised when you pointed out she played on The Unit TV show and why to this day adding her to the cast was why it was cancelled. If I am remembering right after her intro didn't the ratings start dropping ?
Nicole will not be any loss to the show and the Serinda has to be better since Nicole stunk !

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

• Interests:FOOTBALL!, Playing Cards, jigsaw puzzles, Pie, shooting dice in Vegas, swimming, Star Wars, inside jokes, fireworks, the Honolulu Cookie Company, Casablanca, sewing and knitting, Arrested Developement, the 4th of July, baseball, and Harry Potter

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 4:19 PM

He's not a cop. We, just like the other convicts, just assume he's a cop until the end. Duchamp is the only Marshal on the task force.

Then why was he carrying a gun? And why did the chief say they were going with his project? He's working in the capacity of a police officer. I get that we were supposed to think he was a cop until the 180 at the end, but it just doesn't fit.

Gwynevere1

Gwynevere1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 5:08 PM

And does Jimmy Simpson always play That Creepy Guy?

Yes, but he does it so very, very well. Actually, he's more That Creepy Guy Who Is Surprisingly Sympathetic.

Does anyone know where its filmed?

Canada. (Ontario, I believe.)

MrWhyt

MrWhyt

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 9:29 PM

Then why was he carrying a gun?

To make the other cons think he's still a marshal. I imagine they'd be a lot harder to keep in line if they knew that not only is there just the 1 marshal on the team but that the one who caught them all is now a con himself.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 2:45 PM

He was a cop, that's what the story at the end is all about.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 5:46 PM

Was being the operative word. I know reality and Nick Santora aren't close friends, but a felon cannot be a U.S. Marshal.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

I never said he was a US marshal.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 12:15 AM

Or cop of any kind. Remember Jim Rockford? He could only be a PI when he got out. And he was actually innocent.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2011 @ 6:18 PM

The guy who's a cross of Steve Buscemi from Armageddon & the profilers from Criminal Minds is extremely tiresome.

And nothing ever happens at the Country Music Awards because the CMA is a more effective sleep aid than Ambien.

Edited by Constantinople, Mar 13, 2011 @ 6:19 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Ok, I'll give it to 'em. Serinda Swan is an upgrade. They kinda piled on with her backstory, though.
So was Xavier supposed to be the BTK killer?

crowsworks

crowsworks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 1:21 AM

I'd really like to watch this...but

I'm sick of closed captions.

With the actors chewing, mumbling, slurring and muttering and the white noise/music humming continuously I get about every third word. Not good.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 2:15 AM

With the actors chewing, mumbling, slurring and muttering and the white noise/music humming continuously I get about every third word. Not good.

Whew. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I thought my tv was messing up or my hearing was starting to get bad.

That said, I'm still liking enough of it to keep watching. I'm glad they explained Philly's exit, even though I find it hard to believe that she would be dumb enough to check her funds on a prison computer, knowing they probably monitor it somehow, and I'm willing to give Erica a chance. While the backstory wasn't the most original to say the least, I did find Serinda Swan to be a better actress then the other one and, on a shallow note, hotter as well (although Philly wasn't back looking at all.) Did they say she might have killed five of the six guys who murdered her father? If so, I'm predicting that they'll be bumping into the remaining one down the road.

Still loving Lloyd. Well, I don't love him in a "He's cool/good" way, because he still comes off like a creep who doesn't know when to shut up, but the man never fails to crack me up. His "Those are motel worthy" remark about the killer's "art" he gave his wife had me cracking up.

Still kind of like Shea, but unless I'm forgetting something, he really didn't help much tonight. Lloyd and Erica both played big parts in solving the case, but I can't remember him bringing much.

Also confused about Julianne: are they hinting that she might also be a convict? Wasn't sure what to make of it. And with Ray in the halfway house and Charlie apparently having a bad heart, I guess everyone is suppose to have issues of some kind in this group.

And last but definitely not least, I really, really can't wait for the return of T-Bag!

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 3:47 AM

The show isn't horrible, but after the T-Bag episode I think I'm out.

Not feelin' the new actress, or her heavy-handed backstory. Speaking of backstory, I want to know more about Shea.

Also confused about Julianne: are they hinting that she might also be a convict?

Seems everyone on this crew is some type of misfit.

And yeah, I had to turn on the captions for the first part of the episode.

... I know reality and Nick Santora aren't close friends, ...

Ha! Imma be nice and not elaborate on that.

Gibasi

Gibasi

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 7:22 AM

So they pile on the backstory for the new girl. I am supposed to feel sorry for her because her daughter was taken away from her. If her daughter was so important to her why didn't she rethink her revenge plot in the Years(!) it took her to wreak her vengenace on her father's killers. Bullshit.

This show pisses me off and not really in a good way. If Charlie has a bad heart and has health issues out of the blue why doesn't being a burning building and inhaling all that smoke setting off an attack?

I didn't like Prison Break and I don't like this. I would rather do my laundry on Sunday nights than watch this.

mandelbrot

mandelbrot

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:51 AM

I do not understand how what's his name was tormenting his victims and all while being in prison. (I think he had supposedly been in prison for 2 1/2 years). Didn't make any sense to me, perhaps it was explained while someone was mumbling.
I kind of like the show, mostly for Lloyd (?) but they can't keep on having absurd plot elements and keep me.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:57 AM

I agree about the mumbling. Some parts were just impossible to hear.

Re: the new girl, I had to tune out the back story, they were laying it on really think and she wasn't interesting enough for me to care. Plus, Lloyd is still my favorite character so I didn't like that she flipped out on him. Don't trust her.

Other than TNG, I did like the episode, but I knew the art was going to come into play as soon as the wife first mentioned it. And I knew there were going to be 3 vics of something. It was pretty obvious fairly quickly once they showed what he was doing.

Edited by cmm226, Mar 14, 2011 @ 9:59 AM.

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:03 AM

So the new girl killed 5 of the 6 men who killed her father? Now taking bets on which episode we'll run into the the 6th guy as the bad guy of the week. I'm going to go with last of the season with a cliffhanger.

MrWhyt

MrWhyt

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:32 AM

It's weird, I got so tired of T-Bag the superhuman on Prison Break that I began to dread seeing Robert Knepper in anything else and now I'm actually looking forward to him.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 12:25 PM

One more thing: I hope this show doesn't do the same ridiculous crap as Chase, in which the fugitive murders like 6 people before getting caught, thus making the marshals look incompetent.

t's weird, I got so tired of T-Bag the superhuman on Prison Break that I began to dread seeing Robert Knepper in anything else and now I'm actually looking forward to him.

PB had a slightly different tone and dynamics than this show, so I'm wondering how they'll fit T-Bag into it. I also want to see how many references to that show they put in.

Edited by Trini Girl, Mar 14, 2011 @ 5:15 PM.

greala

greala

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

"I do not understand how what's his name was tormenting his victims and all while being in prison. (I think he had supposedly been in prison for 2 1/2 years). Didn't make any sense to me, perhaps it was explained while someone was mumbling."

I got caught up in the same question. On the rewatch, it was implied that he would have gotten parole in 2 and half years and not have had to do the full five, presumably because of his clean record.

I kinda like the show based on the individual actors who are in it. The desk girl is quite adorable, the genius is funny enough, and the rest of the characters seem okay. Probably keep watching without expecting anything more than a season or two.

Firecat

Firecat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 4:28 PM

The sound problems on that episode were really annoying, I feel like I missed a bunch of plot points straining to hear WTF they were saying.

All in all, it passes the time on Sunday night while I wait for CSI: Miami to finish recording so I can fastforward the stupid parts of that show (leaving me with about 30 seconds of show to watch...).