Breakout Kings: From the People Who Brought You 'Prison Break'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

607 replies to this topic

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Well, shit! I guess after having a bunch of my favorite new shows get renewed, it figures that the TV gods have to take away a show I really, really like. Lame. It wasn't perfect, but it was simply very enjoyable, with a great cast, and character I really enjoyed watching. I'm sad I won't get to see any more of their adventures.

I hope the cast gets other gigs soon. I have to confess the shipper in me really wants Jimmi Simpson and Brooke Nevin to wind up together on another show as love interests. Maybe Serinda Swan could get a gig on Necessary Roughness with her real life boyfriend (Mehcad Brooks.) Either way, I wish them the best of luck.

Edited by thuganomics85, May 18, 2012 @ 1:34 AM.

musetta

musetta

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:24 AM

Well, completely sucky but not unexpected. Too bad we didn't even get a 2 hour movie or something to wrap things up after the cliffhanger. Anyway, thanks to Santora et al for making such a fun show; hope the great cast goes on to bigger and better things.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

• Interests:Jensen Ackles.

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 9:12 AM

Damn. And all my other shows have done so well!

“How it ends,” Santora wrote, “[Breakout Kings] pretend to turn Ray in but double cross Marshals so they go free & Ray walks. Shea gets rich w/ elbow savers…Erica raises daughter in the country. Ray starts private security biz, lives near his daughter. Lloyd & Jules marry. Name their son Charlie.”

Cute.

I hope Jimmy Simpson gets something else, because he is so, so good.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

This news is literally a jaw dropper to me. It's not like A&E has a ton of quality shows. On the positive side, I think it's hilarious and awesome that Shae would've gotten rich with elbow savers.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

Was there a reason for dropping the show? They easily had enough gas in the tank for at least one more season. That's really too bad, this was as good as anything else on tv.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

Joining the chorus of well-wishers for the cast, who I enjoyed greatly, and hope they land gigs soon.

IA that A&E doesn't have very many actual drama shows, so dropping this makes no sense to me. If it was a cash thing, I can't speak to a good, scripted drama vs. unscripted family hijinks/true crime/people going through personal hells. Their Criminal Minds reruns can't guarantee my viewing lately and The Glades isn't back yet.

I like that in Mr. Santora's head, there's good places for the crew, even if we can't get a tie-up ep or movie.

Thank you to all involved, behind and in front of the camera, for two seasons of fun and thrills!

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Fucking hell. Late to the game, but I just found out about the cancellation via its inclusion in the Tubey Awards "Most Painful Cancellation".

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

That's how I found out about the cancellation as well callie lee 29. I really enjoyed the show.