Breakout Kings: From the People Who Brought You 'Prison Break'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

607 replies to this topic

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

It is always great to see Jessica Tuck (Megan!)

Oh man, and I thought I was the only one whose memory went back that far. I still remember crying the whole week Megan was dying on One Life to Live. Jessica Tuck was great here, as she was in her appearance two days prior on Grimm (she's showing up everywhere!) Can't say I was sorry to see her character's demise here, she was rather heinous.

I wonder if this week's runner might have a good case for an appeal for his original sentence, since he was duped into thinking his victim was a pedophile. Of course, I'm sure he'll get time tacked on for the escape, plus whatever additional sentence for killing his girlfriend's mom (assuming she lets him take the blame), he may just end up back with the sentence-length he started with.

Ah, Lloyd, he really can't help but wear his heart on his sleeve, can he? I really wonder what Julianne's thinking is in this. I'm as perplexed as Lloyd is by the pen gesture.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

I wonder if this week's runner might have a good case for an appeal for his original sentence

The operative words being "original sentence". He may be able to get that reduced to manslaughter but why bother? He still killed one prison guard and will take the rap for killing the mother, and he assaulted another prison guard plus they'll probably charge him with kidnapping(although I doubt they will be able to prove it). Either way the result is the same, he'll die in jail.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:12 PM.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

It's always a pleasure to see Jessica Tuck (not just Megan but Nan Flanagan as well!) She plays crazy really well. Lloyd underestimated her. He spotted narcissism but missed the malignant part. She wasn't a crazed woman recapturing her youth with an inappropriate relationship; she was a twisted and first-rate manipulator. That kid never stood a chance against her, but I agree he's screwed now. He might as well take the blame for shooting the mother because he's never coming out again.

I hope Lloyd avoids relationship advice from his peers from now on. He makes a terrible ice man. I'm glad Julianne decided to mess with him right back after spending her day mystified by his odd behaviour. The door's open, Lloyd. Don't mess up again!

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I really liked this episode. Good character moments for Ray v his past and present, and an interesting story too.

I wonder if this week's runner might have a good case for an appeal for his original sentence, since he was duped into thinking his victim was a pedophile. Of course, I'm sure he'll get time tacked on for the escape, plus whatever additional sentence for killing his girlfriend's mom (assuming she lets him take the blame), he may just end up back with the sentence-length he started with.

Both guards are dead too, I think they said. So he's got that against him too. Holy shit, talk about getting dealt a shitty hand. That kid's been royally fucked over. I thought at the end he was going to do the "suicide by cop" and have Ray shoot him. I thought the actor did a good job with his "you've got to be shitting me" faces when Lorraine was telling him about the letters, the not-rape, etc. I suppose he can say killing the mother wasn't his fault. And if they actually tell the truth, it was self-defense. I don't know if anyone would buy it. Could it be argued, as an appeal, that because of everything he just snapped and went nuts? Neither of the guard killings were premeditated, nor was the actual excape. [sorry, had to] The actor was infinitely more interesting than 95% of the prisoners on Alcatraz.

Good opening too. I liked how they got across the monotony and awfulness of his prison life.

Jessica Tuck was great here, as she was in her appearance two days prior on Grimm (she's showing up everywhere!)

I also think she was on the Mentalist recently. She's one of those actors who can come in and play any one off role with believability. I swear her and the actor playing the daughter were related. They looked like they could have been. I was figuring that they were going the route of the mother stole the boyfriend and seduced him because of her narcissism complex and then convinced him to off the husband. It's, ok, but fairly predictable. I liked that they put a twist on it.

Great stuff with Ray. He is a lot smarter than he lets on. Why not put the guy down as a CI? You keep tabs on him and can get information too. I like how DL was playing Ray as quietly seething until he finally blew up and told the guy off. The way Ray kind of "chose" his present I think points to the second episode when he got his badge back and told off the people in the halfway house about not getting out of line again.

I liked the fight with Erica because that guy had it coming. He specifically was baiting her by calling out the father. I can't expect the cons to be 100% perfect. Hell, I'm not a con and I probably would have taken a swing at him. I liked when Ray was yelling at him Shea grabbed her and held her back. I'm wondering if that was scripted or not?

She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.

I thought it had to have been intentional. I thought it might actually be that she wants Lloyd to figure that out. If he does the radio scene, I think I'd die! BN was great at the end. I really liked that she actually had no dialogue.

I also liked that all of the team contributed to the capture - it bugs me when the writers rely on "Lloyd had a great insight and now the case is solved".

It was actually Shea who put it together that the handwriting was the same. When Lloyd got all excited and asked to question the mother, Shea kind of gave a ticked off look like, "hey, a you're welcome would be nice." Again, I don't know if that was scripted, but it was a quick beat and well done.

I can't replay the next episode preview, but my impression was that Erica was with the nightclub guy, and that Damien would have him kill her if Lloyd didn't play along with his games.

Did he show up before or after Charlie's death? I kind of hope that he's just a "horny guy," and not involved, but they said that Damien always had a partner already. And it's kind of a typical Chekov's gun kind of move that you see on practically every tv show ever. It would be funnier if they were talking about Lloyd's mother instead. After that awful and hilarious phone conversation, that would be more interesting to me.

2legit

2legit

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

I can't replay the next episode preview, but my impression was that Erica was with the nightclub guy, and that Damien would have him kill her if Lloyd didn't play along with his games. If that's true (and it would make nightclub guy infinitely more interesting if it were), she may not even be kidnapped, just vulnerable.

I don't think so . . . if you watch the clip closely, Erica bursts into night club guy's office and it looks like the office has been abandoned. Then, as Damien voices over "if you win she lives, if you lose she dies," Erica is unhappily trying to pull away from the embrace of some dude who does not look like night club dude (although he's shown from the back so maybe I'm wrong).

HalfDutch

HalfDutch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Ahhh, I didn't even pick up on the whole Lloyd Dobler, "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen" connection! Brilliant! I just hope our Lloyd figures it out. He was quoting George Carlin earlier so maybe he'll get it without help.

It took me all episode to place Jessica Tuck. I just knew I had her pegged as "immensely unlikable WASPY type who you can't wait to see brought down." Which pretty much equals Nan Flanagan. Although Nan did get some great lines, she was never as much fun as, say, Russell Edgington.

I've been rather spotty in my Breakout Kings viewing (just caught up with most of S2 and missed a lot of S1) but I can't recall them bringing a runner back to their HQ before. How rare is that?

And a very small sidenote: If your cousin was snatched up right next to you and you barely escaped a killer's clutches as a child, would you opt to wear long, drapey scarves as an adult? I would think that Julianne would want to wear something no one could grab onto but probably I've given this way more thought than any of the writers.

Edited by HalfDutch, Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

I've been rather spotty in my Breakout Kings viewing (just caught up with most of S2 and missed a lot of S1) but I can't recall them bringing a runner back to their HQ before. How rare is that?

It happened a lot in season 1, actually. Most notably with T-bag, but there were other times they brought the runner back before they went back to prison. I think the contract killer played by Mark Pellegrino was there too. IIRC he spoke to the girl he was doing all the killing for, the prison guard's daughter. And the innocent 'pedophile' guy was in the office too when the little girl finally came back and admitted he wasn't the one who harmed her. I think they have an interrogation room with a bar for handcuffs as well.

The only place I've seen Jessica Tuck before was on Judging Amy and I loathed her there. She plays loathsome quite well. I also caught her 'manipulative mom' redux on Grimm this week.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

And I know this season they brought back both the con Bob Dixon (Dominic Keating) was trying to kill in the joint and Dixon himself, because I remember a bunch of marshals being there giving the team an ovation for his capture. And I still maintain the cons deserved an extra month or something for bringing in both the con and Bob.

Who was it that played Ray's former mentor because he looked very familiar.

Michael McGrady

Ah, thanks. I've seen him in a ton of stuff. Hell, he was even in a Season 4 episode of Prison Break. I do love how all these PB actors keep showing up. My dream casting is still William Fichtner. If they can't or won't bring him back as Mahone, have show up as someone important like one awesome dangerous con or maybe the last guy alive that killed Erica's dad (I'm pretty sure in one of the episodes they claimed that she didn't get one of them in time.)

Edited by thuganomics85, Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:08 AM.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

• Interests:Jensen Ackles.

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:12 AM

If your cousin was snatched up right next to you and you barely escaped a killer's clutches as a child, would you opt to wear long, drapey scarves as an adult?

I think it fits well with her hiding from the world.

musetta

musetta

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

I still remember crying the whole week Megan was dying on One Life to Live.

OT/And I cried again when they re-ran the classic episodes a few months ago. RIP OLTL/OT

If your cousin was snatched up right next to you and you barely escaped a killer's clutches as a child, would you opt to wear long, drapey scarves as an adult?

I think it fits well with her hiding from the world.

It seems like they've been mixing up her wardrobe a little this season. Maybe I am giving TPTB too much credit, but I like to think it is a conscious choice that symbolize her coming out of her shell a bit.

One other thing I forgot to mention that I liked about this last episode: most excellent use of The Scorpions.

Edited by musetta, Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:18 AM.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Could it be argued, as an appeal, that because of everything he just snapped and went nuts? Neither of the guard killings were premeditated, nor was the actual excape.

The escape was premediated. They had an established routine but the con knew if instead of already having the radio plugged in, he could use it to knock out or kill the guard and then escape. The only things that were spur of the moment was his beating the second guard in the parking lot and deciding to take off in his car instead of in the first guard's car.

Why not put the guy down as a CI?

Ray wanted to but the bounty hunter wasn't having it. As a CI he'd only get $1,000 of the original $10,000 bounty. Ray tried to convince him that was true this time but in future cases he could make more money. I don't think the bounty hunter was considering it anyway but when one of the guards died and the bounty went up to $40,000 there was no way he'd become a CI.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:14 PM.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

That was a rhetorical question. I know why Ray wanted the BH as a CI. I was saying it to support my statement that Ray is good po-lice and knows how to get the most out of people. He wanted to make sure the cons got their month credit, but instead of just blowing off the guy, he was smart to want to have access to his info.

My dream casting is still William Fichtner. If they can't or won't bring him back as Mahone, have show up as someone important like one awesome dangerous con or maybe the last guy alive that killed Erica's dad

I don't think Mahone is in law enforcement anymore, but PB was all over the place. I know he broke out of Panama, but I for got how he ended up. I like the idea of the one that got away. It would make Erica have to make a hard choice: she could kill him, but all those months she earned would be gone, or let him walk, and she's that much closer to getting out.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

but all those months she earned would be gone, or let him walk, and she's that much closer to getting out.

Of course, she already blew all her months beating up some girl who came onto her (I think?) so I'm not sure how much progress she's made.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

That's wasn't all of them. I think it was like 3 or something.

absolutdc2001

absolutdc2001

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

I wonder if this week's runner might have a good case for an appeal for his original sentence, since he was duped into thinking his victim was a pedophile.

I would hope not. Itís not okay to beat someone to death just because you heard from one person that heís doing awful things to someone you love. If only because you just might be wrong and end up killing an innocent man. Flawed as it is can be, this is why we have a legal system.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

Well, it depends what the original sentence was. If it was premeditated murder, then it maybe could get downgraded to manslaughter, like crime of passion or something. That would maybe have made it easier for him to get parole. Unfortunately, he did plan on assaulting the guard that peed all the time and killed two of them. So he's going to die in jail.

musetta

musetta

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:35 AM

First episode in a while I've watched during broadcast (vs DVR'd) and for me it was one of the weaker ones of the season. There was just way too much they tried to pack into the hour - the runner (who wasn't particularly interesting, and there were many moving pieces to the story that were never fleshed out), Damien, Lloyd & Julianne (saw that coming but - poor Lloyd!), Erica and downstairs guy (saw that coming too as soon as he asked her to look up the name). Maybe it is a byproduct of the reduced epis this season, but none of these strands really had their due, as soon as things started getting interesting they would cut to another SL.

On the plus side, it was compelling to see Damien showing what a psycho he truly is (again, poor Lloyd!), and great work as usual from Simpson and Nevin in the final couple scenes.

Next week is the end, bummer.

Edited by musetta, Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:43 AM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:44 AM

I still enjoyed it because BK is one of those shows that I find enjoyable no matter watch (re-watching the first season and even some of early episodes, which I found the weakest of the show, have moments I enjoy), but I agree it wasn't quite as good as the majority of the season. I do think it was just too packed. You've got the runner of the week, Lloyd and Julianne's drama, Erica's stuff with nightclub guy, and Lloyd/Damien showdown. They really could have used another episode to split it up, although if this is the end of Erica/nightclub guy, then I kind of wished they never did it, because the entire plot feels like a waste, unless he comes back in some form.

Lloyd/Jules: figured they would keep them apart for now. Personally, despite what she says, I do think she has feelings for him that are more then friendship, but I can easily buy that she doesn't want to act on it. Not just because of the way she is personally, but I do think that in the end of the day, the fact that Lloyd is a con and still in jail is going to be a problem for her. And as much as I love him, I can see why she probably doesn't want to move past friends at this point. Curious to see where this goes (if they even have another season), although I do hope that they got the majority of the angst out of their system, because I don't want to see a ton of Lloyd being all glum and snippy.

Kind of obvious, but I did love Shea getting more paranoid about "big brother" watching them, as the episode progressed. Especially him trying to cover the windows with newspapers. And, holy shit! Shea stands for Sheamus and his grandfather (I think) use to be in the IRA? I have to admit that I did not see that coming.

Con of the week was just OK, but Kelly Hu more then made up for that. Holy shit, I totally did not expect her to actually take down the con herself. She may be evil herself, but that was all kinds of awesome. And I can't believe she is only one year away from 45; she looks good for her age! Loved her (still bummed Hawaii 5-0 decided to blow her up.)

Wow, Damien. First, you kill Charlie. Then, you do this to Lloyd. And in the finale, you are going to kidnap Ray's daughter. You like playing with fire, don't you? What next... you going to pull a Taken and kidnap Liam Neeson's child and get him pissed at you? I am continuing to dig Jason Behr in this role.

So, the finale (already? Crap!)will be two hours at nine? As if my Sunday wasn't already packed. Next weekis going to be fun trying to balance all these shows out.

Edited by thuganomics85, Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:46 AM.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Erica and downstairs guy (saw that coming too as soon as he asked her to look up the name).

Yeah, Erica needs to watch more tv because that was beyond obvious.

And, holy shit! Shea stands for Sheamus and his grandfather (I think) use to be in the IRA? I have to admit that I did not see that coming

Me neither, that was a good twist. And kind of explains Shea.

For me, BK this season isn't as good as the first one, IMO the whole team dynamic feels off without Charlie, that said I thought last night's episode was as good as the other episodes from this season.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

I'm sorry but Lloyd what the fuck do you have to offer Julianne? Your a convict serving multiple years in jail. What future can you offer this woman?
Erica? You got played baby cakes and your supposed to be the smart one? He gave her a little sex and she was done for.

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

I still can't decide whether or not the season-long runner arc is overall a good or bad choice. On the one hand, it's been pretty engaging to see what happens when one gets away, especially one as dangerous and crazy as Damien. Plus it's given the team, and especially Jimmi Simpson, loads to do on the acting front. And anything that puts Lloyd at the forefront is okay with me because JS is most definitely this show's MVP.

On the flipside, though, with Damien out there running around causing havoc, I find myself less interested in the runners of the week. I didn't care for the SEAL storyline at all last night (except for the scene with Shea at the end, because I found his reaction to that and all of the paranoid stuff interesting); I just kept hoping they would flip back to the Damien-Lloyd stuff, which was far more thrilling. This is an element I feel I miss from last season--the focus on the various runners and the threats they posed. This year's batch just seems like less of a threat.

That said, though the first half of last night's ep was a tad boring, the second half had me on the edge of my seat. I knew Lloyd wasn't going to die, but I was hoping they'd find a way to save the girl. His look at the end just killed me. I wanted so badly for someone to give him a hug but this isn't a hug-friendly team. The only person even remotely likely to respond that way is Julianne and I'll bet he doesn't want her near him right now. :(

I can't believe we're at the end already. And the finale looks crazy! I was just thinking to myself "I wish we saw more of Ray interacting with his daughter this season" and then we got that preview. Perfect. I knew they wouldn't be able to accomplish much with just 10 episodes but regardless, a lot has happened this season. I just hope they don't end it on a cliffhanger because that would suck not knowing if the show will get a third season.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

I could not get over the fact that Juliette and Ray were so dumb as to not think that Damien might be involved, since Lloyd was investigating Damien at that moment (and that Lloyd was so dumb as to go alone, for that matter, although I think he was just opperating on emotion at that point so maybe he should get a pass). They didn't even look for him! I know they were on a case, but damn.

Erica is proven to be an idiot. Shea is Sheamus. Hee! I loved his paranoia this episode and most especially that he was totally right about it. The guy going off on Shea/Ray/Erica at the black ops place seemed completely unnecessary. They should have cut that for something else. Also, did Shea destroy the thumb drive or just push it into a bush? I couldnt' quite tell what was happening there.

I do agree with folks that this episode needed time to breathe or something. The Damien stuff didn't get the full attention it needed, although I'm sure it will get it next week. (speaking of, couldn't see the promo, what happened or when will that go up online?)

Edited by My Way, Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:24 PM.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Sucked to be Lloyd in that episode. It's a rare day when getting your heart broken is the high point. I think Julianne could have made her intentions clearer. A bright red pen doesn't say 'friends' to me. An eraser would have provided a lot more clarity! Lloyd looked absolutely shattered after that confrontation with Damien. There was nothing he could have done to save that girl but I doubt that makes it easier for him. I can't blame him for wanting off the team now. Did Julianne follow up on tracing his phone before Damien's 911 call went through?

I didn't mind the case of the week. Dash Mihok gave me nightmares in I Am Legend so I'm holding a lot of goodwill towards him. I bought his combination of crazy and desperate and justified. I still can't believe he killed that one guy on his kid's birthday. That was cold. Poor kid will never again anticipate his own birthday because of that baggage.

I wasn't sure about having a season-long arc with Damien but it's worked for me. Jason Behr is amazing, so personable yet so psychotic. He and Jimmi Simpson work really well together too. I can't believe next week is the season finale already. My Sunday night is jammed with TV shows so I shouldn't be complaining but it won't be Monday without Breakout Kings. I need something to look forward to when I get home from work!

My Way, Shea stomped on the drive and then kicked the pieces into the bushes.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

My Way, Shea stomped on the drive and then kicked the pieces into the bushes.

Thanks! I was watching on my laptop and couldn't quite tell.

Did Julianne follow up on tracing his phone before Damien's 911 call went through?

Good question! I would guess Damien left it at the library or in the bushes or something, but still. The whole team seemed very unconcerned about Lloyd and it just read really weird. I mean, Shea and Erica didn't even get to comment on it? Wouldn't they be concerned, whether he ran or was taken. I think the show really dropped the ball on that.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

(speaking of, couldn't see the promo, what happened or when will that go up online?)

Basically, it looks like Damien is going to kidnap Ray's daughter and the team is going to go all out to find him. It wasn't clear out it happened, so I'm curious to see how he gets to her. And if look like there was a brief clip of Ray blaming Lloyd for some reason; I wonder if that would be Ray just losing his temper and trying to find someone to blame, or if Lloyd does/says something to Damien that causes it all to happen. And I guess that's the reason he'll be there, despite him apparently wanting to quit at the end of this episode.

Jason Behr is amazing, so personable yet so psychotic.

Yeah, I never knew Max from Roswell could be so creepy and violent. I'm glad Behr got this role and it was fun seeing him in a different role.

musetta

musetta

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

I knew Lloyd wasn't going to die, but I was hoping they'd find a way to save the girl. His look at the end just killed me.

Yeah, the episode was mostly a frenetic drag (I know a bit of an oxymoron - it was both all over the place and boring), but at least the Damien/Lloyd stuff really worked well, particularly Lloyd's couple of scenes at the end. The idea that Damien made him sit and watch while he tortured/murdered the poor girl right next to him was super creepy (and a call back to the earlier claim that Damien needed an "audience" to really enjoy killing).

The whole team seemed very unconcerned about Lloyd and it just read really weird.

Exactly. He's out chasing after a crazy killer who has already tried to kill him and Julianne jumps straight to "he must be on the run b/c I turned him down". Get over yourself, girl!

lthough if this is the end of Erica/nightclub guy, then I kind of wished they never did it, because the entire plot feels like a waste, unless he comes back in some form.

If this is really the end of the character, it feels like "this season's excuse for one of the leads to have a sex scene" (just like Shea and his GF in the elevator last season).

Edited by musetta, Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:15 AM.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

I think they did too much backstory for the runner, and they needed a more compelling actor in the role as well. It was too much with him hunting so many people down, then having the competing paramilitary group thrown in the mix. This would have been better as e4 or something, no Lloyd/Jules, and maybe not having to deal with Damien yet. When it would have been only on the runner. You kind of needed Damien in there at this point in the season. Which was a great scene.

I am glad Damien isn't involved with the Nightclub guy. I don't know where that plot is going though. I'm figuring once the guy found out what Erica did, he took advantage of that. Knowingly setting up there ahead of time seems a bit much. If NYPD is involved now though, I hope she gets him!

Ray had a lot to do. DL seemed like he was playing him really frazzled. It seemed to me Ray was really out of sorts when he thought Jules wasn't able to "hold down the fort" because of all the business with Lloyd. I don't buy for a second that wasn't a real kiss either. It would have been better if she just said, "in another life Lloyd maybe. But now? You're in jail, I can barely hold this job together, which is the only one I've gotten since being kicked out. It's just not going to happen." The pen was just a bad idea.

There's was a lot to like, but it didn't hold up. I bet this looked good on paper, but put together in only 40 minutes? Hard to do.

So why did Shea break the flash drives? Was he always going to or did he make a snap decision? It seemed like to me that when they took custody of the runner he got pissed. I figured they aren't going to get their month credit, and Shea was like, the hell with this.

Grimes

Grimes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I don't think stepping on flash drives will necessarily destroy anything. Unless you pulverize the microchip, it may be possible to recover at least some of the data.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

So why did Shea break the flash drives? Was he always going to or did he make a snap decision? It seemed like to me that when they took custody of the runner he got pissed. I figured they aren't going to get their month credit, and Shea was like, the hell with this.

I think he took it as a given that there was a greater conspiracy doing evil things and although the SEAL treated him as a brother in the end Shea was not going to die when the CIA and the faux Blackwater came looking for the chip.

Part of me wants to fanwave and say he knew the cleaners and crime scene folk would find the remains.

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

I don't think stepping on flash drives will necessarily destroy anything. Unless you pulverize the microchip, it may be possible to recover at least some of the data.

Haha, yeah but Shea (of the 'goggling' and floppy disk mentality) wouldn't know anything about that. I'm kind of disappointed they had him do that. I was hoping Shea would get at least a mini-arc that would extend over a few episodes out of that flash drive. But it wasn't appropriate now, with the Damien thing rearing its ugly head and Erica's nightclub guy fucking everything up on the side. I second that this episode should have taken place earlier in the season so we could have seen Shea struggle with that part more.