Teen Mom 2: Why, MTV, Why?

• Please log in to reply

17695 replies to this topic

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

I had no idea the finale was on Sunday, so I JUST got around to watching. 

I really hope Randy's other adult children aren't as needy as Chelsea, because that shit is exhausting. 

Am I evil for snorting when Chelsea's voice over said "luckily" Adumb was pulled from the car before it burst into flames?

Little Ali being nervous for her appointment and throwing her arms around her mama's neck....gah, she just broke my heart. How crazy is it that she has such a rare mutation? I really hope for a long life for her. 

Baby Adderall covered in Cheeto dust just disgusted me. 

Kail really is shameless in her hypocrisy, huh? I love how she said that if Vee was to Isaac what Javi is to Isaac she would put a stop to it (how???)because then Jo's relationship with Isaac was no longer benefiting her. Do what now??? What kind of crazy logic is that? The relationship is about Isaac, not you. Asshat. 

I also found it hilarious that she was trying to paint Jo's move as this big upheaval and confusion for Isaac, when the majority of the changes in his life have been due to HER (new husband, new baby, new house). And look how he did - just fine. He wasn't "confused" at all. I had no idea the Riveras were separated, though. That kind of sucks. 

Also, Kail, I say this in a totally non-judgemental way - you can spend time with Issac WHILE nursing. You can read to him or just chat. Watch a movie together. Get him involved with the baby, he obviously loves him a lot. You have to figure out the balance, but it's really not that bad. 

I don't believe for a hot minute that the word "kill" has never been used in Jenelle's house. Maybe not literally, but I'm sure one of them has said, "I could just kill you for that!". It's a pretty common hyperbole. Anyhow, how's that "we never fight" business working out for you guys? What a nightmare. Jenelle makes me sick. Being pregnant, she should NEVER instigate a physical confrontation. I'm surprised those two are still together in real time.

Edited by ghoulina, Yesterday, 09:53 PM.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

I tend to cut Barb a bit of slack.  Maybe she didn't have time to find a sitter and Mike was with his Hootahs waitress.

But did Barb even need to go over there at all? I don't think so. She needs to distance herself and Jace from the shitshow that is Jenelle's life.

NikSac

NikSac

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Kail really is shameless in her hypocrisy, huh? I love how she said that if Vee was to Isaac what Javi is to Isaac she would put a stop to it (how???)because then Jo's relationship with Isaac was no longer benefiting her. Do what now??? What kind of crazy logic is that? The relationship is about Isaac, not you. Asshat.

Yeah this just pissed me off about 10 different ways. Her hypocrisy is definitely on the top of the list though.

I don't believe for a hot minute that the word "kill" has never been used in Jenelle's house. Maybe not literally, but I'm sure one of them has said, "I could just kill you for that!". It's a pretty common hyperbole.

Me either.  Not only because of what Jace said but that's an odd statement to just pop up with anyway - (paraphrasing Jenelle) "well that's weird we never say kill in our house so why would Jace say it?"  Who hears a kid say something like that, laughs it off, then says "well we never say kill in our house so..." Ummm the kid got it from somewhere.

I agree; Isaac's reaction was totally understandable. Such a big, startling change thrown at him. His room is gone. Grandma and Grandpa are gone. All the things he associates with his daddy have disappeared. Is his daddy going to disappear, too? It must have been scary and confusing for him.

Chicken_Wing I agree. It had to be really hard for Isaac but I think it was better to show him the room than to have it just go <poof> and he never saw it again.

grtkazu

grtkazu

Video Archivist

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Really! I would love for a real psychiatrist (not Dr. Drew) to sit with Kail and straighten this shit out. I don't understand Kail's logic. It makes no sense. Perhaps she doesn't care how she comes off? Maybe she relishes in being selfish and really only cares about how things affect her. I would love a professional analysis of what the hell is going on in that head of hers.

Yes ghoulina, Barb did go over to Jenelle's. There are two different articles linked to on the previous page which mentions in some detail what happened.

As a man I am disappointed that Javi doesn't stand his ground and say that "as a father myself I don't want Lincoln calling another man daddy/dad/pop/papa, so out of respect for Joe and their relationship I don't think Isaac should call me daddy. 

Word to this and to your entire post! 

Jenelle makes me sick. Being pregnant, she should NEVER instigate a physical confrontation.

When Jenelle mentioned Nathan doing a choke hold on her, so many things went through my mind. First, was she embellishing the truth? If Nathan did do that to her, Jenelle's reaction to it as she described that moment seemed so flat and without emotion, as if it was an everyday occurrence or something so normal..."So, he grabs me from behind, in a choke-hold, trying to get the keys." Now, if Nathan did do this to her, and I wouldn't put it past him that he did, how long before he harms Jace and how long before he harms their baby? The guy did a choke-hold on his pregnant girlfriend. HELLO JENELLE?? Do you not see the insanity of that behavior?

Edited by grtkazu, Yesterday, 10:16 PM.

NikSac

NikSac

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Maybe she relishes in being selfish and really only cares about how things affect her.

This is the impression I get.  I'd still be interested in the WHY behind it, but I think you summed  up the "what" really well.

shaqalicious

shaqalicious

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Javi is so far up Kail's ass it's sickening. Jo apologizes to Javi and he says "yeah we'll see when the cameras are off." As if either of them have any reason to criticize Jo's parenting. That scene reeked of Private Basic Training trying to look like a hard ass in front of his fat pig of a wife.

Props to Dr. Drew for once, it seemed like he wasn't blowing smoke up these kids' asses like he normally does during these reunion specials.

grtkazu

grtkazu

Video Archivist

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

I'd still be interested in the WHY behind it

A touch of narcissism?

If there is a person in your life who seems exceedingly self-centered, he or she may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. According to Dr. Dan Neuharth, “People with narcissistic personality disorder lack a healthy emotional core. They are driven by a moment-to-moment monitoring of their worth. Since they find it difficult to provide self-worth, they seek it from external sources.”

Dealing with self-centered people can be very difficult and frustrating, especially if you are in a serious relationship with them. Those who are self-centered tend to treat the people badly because they view their partners as nothing more than objects that are in place to feed them emotionally. If you are romantically linked to someone who is self-centered, it’s almost as if you are stuck in a catch 22; if you leave, they will convince themselves you were not good enough, but if you stay, you validate their behavior by giving them the impression they are worth staying with, despite their abusive ways.

Speaking of nut cases, I just remembered there was a quick moment right before Kail's scene was shown, where they put her name on screen. Right before her name appeared, there was a shot of a squirrel with nuts. Subtle moment by MTV editors implying something about Kail? Ha!

Javi is so far up Kail's ass it's sickening

He is her hemorrhoid.

Edited by grtkazu, Yesterday, 11:15 PM.

NikSac

NikSac

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Sometimes it sucks being on the west coast... :) 

I already saw the main episode but can't wait to see the Q&A, reunion, or whatever they're calling it.

glutton

glutton

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 PM

I found it so sad when Dr. Drew asked Leah why she and Jeremy were throwing the word "divorce" around so much, and she was like "you can't tell me that in any marriage it's never been brought up." 

Except, you know... all the healthy ones.

And I can see why she would believe that, since it doesn't seem like she has any examples of healthy marriages to even compare to, but still... depressing. 

Edited by glutton, Yesterday, 11:32 PM.

Cocoadiva

Cocoadiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

I'm against violence(whatever) but I really wanted Jo to take Javi outside and whoop his ass til Javi called him Daddy. Javi sounded like a cult meme brand he just wanted to say the right thing so Kail wouldn't go upside his head anymore. As soon as Jo came out it was " oh we have no complaints about Jo as a father" ok, so then what's with all the shit talking? He's more upset about Jo speaking in anger about Kails water breaking than he is about Kail bitchslapping him? Boy, bye.

Leah still doesn't get it. She still doesn't understand that she is a mother to 3 small girls and she needs Jeremy to work all the hours he can so they can eat? I appreciate Drew trying to clue her in on that, but that point went right over that dyed nest on her head.

RealityLover79

RealityLover79

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

Janelle: OMG Nathan is such a skeevy asshole!!  I feel so badly for Janelle, Barb, Jace and now, Kiaser.. She could had aborted at 12 weeks. And, sadly  she should had.. Barbara should had advised her of that.  

I like Barb, I just don't get her.. Out of all season, the one thing she picks a fight on-is the least of their problems. But when her both newly sober and newly diagnosed as  bi-polar daughter announces she's trying to get pregnant with some guy she met last week, not to mention having charge's pending and a 4 year old she doesn't have custody of-Brarb just says OK. Huh?  And Janelle's siblings must be screwed up-if they couldn't even sit with Jace when Barbra had to go down to watch janelle get arrested.  What about Mike?? He was filmed this season-why didn't he stay with Jace?

Janelle breaks my heart!  She is so intelligent and resilient, she's just so needs love from any guy, no matter how bad they treat her!  I am so pulling for her to, somehow, beat the odds and get it together.  I want peace for her, Barb and Jace, but even if the best happens, Jace has already suffered, I don't envy that kid.  I want Nathan to fall off the Earth!  He is the scum of the earth!

I would love to read about both Janelle's and Barb's childhoods. Again, they break my heart!

Leah: Baby all your babies, please.  Gracie deserves the same nice mamma ali gets.  If umpteen adults, every family has their own way, go to all Alis appointments-then they can handle bringing both girlss..  Don't just shrug alleah is acting out cause she doesn't get what Ali does..Bring Alleah along!!  With all the adults going to Ohio-who was left in WV to leave the other two with? Jeremy's creepy Mom. Scary.

That MD doctor sucks-I've never had a doctor that didn't sit down with us..And the Peds hospital I went to had a whole child life room set up for the purpose of siblings can be supervised when their parents were at  appointments with their other kid..It was encouraged, they just didn't want it being used for siblings during surgical procedures.  As a 3 and 4 year old-I remember-that playroom was so fun, loved going there!  

I don't think Ali was crying cause she didn't want to go to the doctor. This was based on the scene, not my own childhood, every kid is different.   I think she was crying because Leah was trying to force her to eat before she was ready. Leah should had said ok why don't we get dressed first, then we can eat.   I give Leah lots of credit-I don't give Kail for co-parenting so well. But Leah isn't in tune with her kids needs..She'll always parent through punishment, not what need isn't being fulfilled at this moment and how can I work with my child?

Kail-More sympathetic after giving birth, but still cannot stand her.  She is guilty of parental alienation. That dark blue is gawd awful!  And such a moron for inhaling paint fumes while pregnant! Javi is in for it-boy, did he pick the wrong one.

Sad Janet and Eddie broke up-liked them.. I also think bad move showing Isaac his empty room-I know joe wasn't trying to be mean, as Adumb would had.  But, of course a four year old would had trouble with that!!

Chelsea: Winner, Winner-chicken dinner.  I am so surprised-didn't  like her in the beginning -but she's clearly done the best out of all TMs.  She is a great mom-so nice to see.  She enjoys being Aubrey's mother. Out of the first two teen mom series, three was just a flat line.. Hands dowd Aubrey has it the best!  Love Farrah, good mom-but pawns Sophia off on sicko Debra too much.. Love Janelle-but neither she or Barb have any parenting skills. Aubrey has it the best-despite Adumb.  I am optimistic adumb will drop out of Aubrey's life.. Better that do damage.

Chelsia is proof a fathers love can move mountains.  Bravo Randy!!  Rany is awesome, still have no clue how he and Chelsia's mildly retarded mother wound up together! That always puzzled me. But-I love Randy!

Bravo Chelsia, you go girl!!

Edited by RealityLover79, Today, 03:25 AM.

grtkazu

grtkazu

Video Archivist

Posted Today, 01:59 AM

Kail not only pushed Javi on one occasion, she then slapped him the night before the reunion. Insane. Then, she and Javi have the audacity to blame it on Jo. What a couple of shitheads. Oh, and she doesn't want to talk about it. I could see her simmering in anger as DD brought the topic up.

Kail also mentions "divorce" just like Jeremy. This shit just gets funnier each season. These people have no business being married, much less being in relationships. Kail needs to be handled like any other abuser.

Kora

Kora

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 02:23 AM

I want to know why Chelsea's one friend ALWAYS has the same (typically bad) hair colour/style as she does. Heck, even when Chelsea was (extremely blatantly) way over tanning and orange that friend was too.

But the messy 'do, horrid strange colour dye jobs are nearly always the same, now going on seasons of this.

I was so pleased the week of Chelsea's graduation to see she looked SO much better than she has most every other episode on any of her seasons (when her hair had the reddish/pinkish hue to it, but not as noticeable - it's back to really obvious now, though at least not in sections like it used to be...and it's styled better, IMO) - and she was just radiant and proud. And now we've got the friend back looking just like her again - and Chelsea's hair far brighter again. Wish she'd tone it down a bit...and her friend didn't try to look just like her. Every. Single. Time.

It's just...odd to me. Or is that a 'thing' now?

config

config

Loyal Viewer

Posted Today, 07:36 AM

I think some really serious shit was going down at Jenelle's if Nathan called Barb "during the situation" and that made Barb hop in the car and drive all that way. I'm sure Jenelle's neighbors have heard plenty coming from that house and to have neighbors calling the police means it was reaching critical mass.

At one point, I had a neighbor that would fight with his girlfriend all the time. She would do the screaming thing that Janelle does and he would scream back. I got so used to the fight/make up stuff that I almost did not hear it anymore. Until one day, the guy's voice had a different tone; he was obviously way past angry and was in such a rage that it frightened me and I thought he could kill her and would not even know it, he was that far gone. So I called the police and by the time they got there, he had broken her jaw. We moved shortly thereafter.

Frightening stuff. So sad for Jace that he has to see all this going down.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

Ugh, the reunion.....okay. I want to make it clear I get no pleasure out of being right about this, but I KNEW that head shake Kail gave Javi was not going to be an isolated incident. And lo and behold, we hear last night that she slaps him and pushes him! Javi, you are an abused spouse! Get out of that shit. Are the kids seeing these things? Because that would be scary as hell. I'm glad Dr. Drew brought the issue up, but he let it go too easily. He needed to insist she get help for her anger, because those kids could be in real danger if she ever gets violent with them. 

I also found it interesting, but not surprising, that Kail thinks the hardest part about marriage is having to consult each other - basically not being the boss all the time. That's life Kail. Deal with it. 

Leah....was she auditioning for the role of a mob wife with that outfit? Yikes! I see she is as unrealistic as ever. "I can get a job too to help out". Honey, anything you are qualified to do wouldn't pay for one day of daycare for baby Adderall. 

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Today, 07:53 AM

ghoulina, I agree. Leah was OTT in her clothing selection. Looked like she was going to grab a mike and belt out some country and western tunes.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

C'mon guys, be fair, Leah needs to find babby daddy #3 before the show ends so she put on her more classier outfit.

Joe Perry Rocks My World

Joe Perry Rocks My World

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:24 AM

Well it only took 1 minute of the reunion for me to burst out laughing:  when Dr. Drew opened the show saying something about how hard it is in your early 20s when you are juggling work and finishing school.  For a second I thought he was talking about a different show because I don't see anyone working besides Chelsea.  Leah was in school for one episode.  Jenelle is obviously worthless.  Kail's double chin should have its own cartoon intro for the show.

Leah is so, so stupid.  "What is more important, the almighty dollar or the memories you will never get back?"  Well, I think all parents would rather be with their kids all day and get all of the memories, but everyone else knows that someone has to work.  I mean, what is she even talking about?!?  She was completely unable to even explain how she will help teach her daughters to not be teen moms.  Dr Drew just responded "okay interesting."  Interesting?!

As dumb as Leah is, Kail has to literally be the dumbest bitch alive.  Does she even hear what she says?  It's okay for Isaac to call Javi dad, but can't call Vee mom.  Javi can do the drop offs with Kail not even present, but Vee can't be present during the drop offs. What a lunatic. 

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

I'm sure a great lasting memory for the girlses would be remembering hungry bellies and getting your home foreclosed on. Leah doesn't live in the real world. Despite 3 kids and 2 marriages she's still very immature.

politichick

politichick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

I think that Cory and Leah's meetings with the doctor are reenactments or a summary of a longer conversation that just took place. Ali's condition is way too complex and they are way to uneducated for them to hear and understand everything in such a short period of time, and Leah acts as though she gets what he's talking about because he explained it to her earlier.

I hope that when Javi's boys and Air Force buddies see on TV how he lets his wife bitch slap him that they grow him a new set of balls. Agree totally with the poster who said that Jo should have taken him outside and beat him till Javi calls him Daddy. He's too smart to do that, of course, but I bet he was thinking, "what a fucking pussy this dude is." And he's so petite next to his sow of a wife. Kailyn needs therapy.

Based on the previews, it seems Adumb is going to totally show his ass. 

KYBlonde

KYBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

I missed the show the first time because I didn't know it was on, so I recorded it last night. I'm confused about Jo taking Isaac to his parents house and Isaac getting upset because the episode I recorded showed Jo and Isaac walking into his apartment, and Isaac runs to Vee and jumps on her.  I wonder why it was cut out. I've rewound every segment that has them in it and it's just not there. I haven't seen the reunion but it's on again tonight and I have it set to record.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

C'mon guys, be fair, Leah needs to find babby daddy #3 before the show ends so she put on her more classier outfit.

LOL, I had the same thought. But with an outfit like that, she's going to attract some Tony Soprano wanna-be. And you want to talk about being pissed because your husband isn't home enough? How's she going to feel when he's off with his goomara?

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Today, 08:48 AM

I swear, these girls get dumber with each reunion. What the hell, man? Leah continues to astound me with her complete obliviousness to the fact that people have to work in order to make money to fucking live. She thinks Jeremy needs to make a choice about what's more important, the memories with his family or the almighty dollar? Oh, really? You want memories of the two of you and the three girlseses starving in a cardboard box by the highway? He works because that's how you pay for stuff, you dumbass.

Kail is still physically abusive to Javi? Surprise, surprise. Not. I refuse to believe that the head shake and the slap are the only two times she struck him. Javi, sweetie, you are in an abusive relationship. It's not just something that men do to women. A man can be abused by his female partner, too. Run. Run away. Javi's attitude about Jo is eyeroll-worthy, but I can't say I blame him for having such a low and dismissive opinion of Jo. He only knows of Jo through a Kail lens. Of course he thinks Jo is the scum of the earth. That's how Kail acts about him, and because of that, Javi has no desire to spend any time with Jo to actually form his own opinions. I have no idea what the big argument about who was driving whom and where was because they were rambling in circles and it sounded really stupid, but from what I understood, Javi didn't actually have any reason to inject any opinion on the matter because it was between Kail and Jo. I think everyone here needs to grow up and get over themselves. Speaking of Jo, I'm glad that he apologized for his "I hope your water breaks" comment, although he certainly did not say it like he was truly apologetic. I don't know, I never took that obnoxious jab that seriously. I never took it to mean that he actually wished Kail would go into labor early and have trouble. It was just a stupid, mean thing to say, but I never thought he actually meant it.

jrose16

jrose16

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 09:38 AM

The only thing worse than Kail's outfit was...Leah's outfit. Frump meets skank, complete with Blossom barrette. THIS is what you choose to wear when filming in LA? 

Kail continues to be a megabitch. Drew needs to be harder on her. On all of them. 

TepidCoffee

TepidCoffee

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 10:12 AM

It was Leah's rhinestone crossed ankle boots that got me -- very East LA.  They probably bring a few potential outfits, but I think the costumers push them into their typical style then exaggerate.  Leah is so naive that she excitedly agreed about the blue hair thing.  But who on earth hack sawed the top of her hair like that?  If my new husband, after I left him for awhile to play with my exes head, was willing to work that long and hard to keep me and my kids financially stable, I'd be so grateful.  She's just over the whole SAHM thing and wants to eat french fries and get mani/pedis without bringing the girlses.  

And Kail complaining that she and Javi have rights about who calls which step parent what, who can be in the car when, blah blah blah but Jo better not dare just shows how neurotic she is.  He and Vee have been together longer than Kail and Javi and waited for a significant time, TM2 wise, to move in together.  Isaac jumped in her lap because he actually knows and maybe loves her and was glad she was there. Kail would have begged Isaac to jump on Jo and pouted and guilt tripped him until he acted all 'Daddy' with Javi.  Coparenting is challenging when it becomes a custody battle.  Both of them should have counseling for coparenting ordered by a judge.  Kail needs it, Jo would probably get it so Kail wouldn't file a modification.   

The little montages they show prior their interview are most telling though -- Leah's girls stuffing their bathing suit tops to have boobieses ""we need to find a guy so mommy is sucesful" and Kail, at her wedding hugely pregnant: who on earth knows what Isaac was thinking - maybe "I need to act all excited or I'll get in trouble."  When and if she and Javi break up, who is going to get Lincoln back and forth?

I really love this show -- I don't know if I'd find three friends to dress up too, but what a fabulous group Halloween costume they make!! 

purplemonkey

purplemonkey

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Shallow question: are acid washed jeans back in, because in the preview Chelsea's jeans seem black acid washed, and I also saw a pair on a girl when I was out recently. Worst comeback ever for a trend!

I think Jo is smart, and he's principled, but his downfall is he is a smug jerk. He could come off looking so much better compared to those two bozos if he toned the smugness down.

Boo to Leah for not letting Jeremy have pride in his work. Hashtag choices, Leah. That goes for her outfit as well. Again, if she did not come off so harpy, Jeremy might listen to more of her "fullins" about his travel schedule.