Teen Mom 2: Why, MTV, Why?

• Please log in to reply

17814 replies to this topic

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Those tattoos! Why...why....why?!

I get that she is devoted to covering her body with some of the lousiest-looking tattoos I've ever laid eyes on, but all she had to do was buy a couple of bottles of Kat Von D's new foundation (designed to cover tattoos if wanted, and I don't know why I know that!) or hired any normal makeup artist who carries a pro-grade foundation. I think even those devoted to the art of tattoo get a pass if they don't want that lifelong commitment to be visible in their wedding photos. Somehow though, I picture Kailyn thinking she's really hit it out of the park with the Ed Hardy's Bridal collection look and all. I'm humbly grateful I missed the braces.

The cheap lace ruined it. Same dress in a better fabric would have looked great. 

Oh, that lace! It's like disposable-prom-tablecloth quality, that's the only thing I can think of that has lace that cheap and that nylon-y and that gross, ugh. She could have covered her arms with more of the same for another $10 worth of fabric too so we could just focus on the awful fabric and look right past the tattoos. Not really one to shoot for the stars, our Kailyn.

VioletViolet

VioletViolet

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 2:40 PM

OK. I'm dying laughing because I got married two weeks ago... and wore this exact same dress.

I can tell you that it was extremely comfortable. The underneath is like a satin nightgown and the top is very light lace. I guess it would be a good choice for comfort if you were pregnant. You can look for it under the Modern Vintage section on Alfred Angelo's website and see what it is SUPPOSED to look like.

That said, I am not pregnant (no judging). I have no tattoos (no judging). The dress is pretty thin and lightweight which means it shows every line of your body underneath, so I worked out, ate really well and my 118-lb frame looked damn good in it.

Kailyn... not so much. 

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

I picture Kailyn thinking she's really hit it out of the park with the Ed Hardy's Bridal collection look and all. I'm humbly grateful I missed the braces.

It's good to have goals. Seriously though the above quote had me rolling.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

You can look for it under the Modern Vintage section on Alfred Angelo's website and see what it is SUPPOSED to look like.

Is it this one?

JCVinEden

JCVinEden

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

Holy crap Kail looked horrible. I've been to some ugly weddings. Like, get-married-in-front-of-your-dumpsters kind of ugly, but no one tried to get those pictures printed in a, ahem, magazine. Trying to class it up the the obligatory Bride Before The Curtains shot so did not help. Those curtains looked like they were hanging in a Motel 6.

Seems like a waste of money

It couldn't have been that much money.

You can look for it under the Modern Vintage section on Alfred Angelo's website and see what it is SUPPOSED to look like.

No way. What the hell did she do to that dress? It must have been a knock-off.

Edited by JCVinEden, Sep 26, 2013 @ 3:01 PM.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 3:00 PM

I get that she is devoted to covering her body with some of the lousiest-looking tattoos I've ever laid eyes on, but all she had to do was buy a couple of bottles of Kat Von D's new foundation (designed to cover tattoos if wanted, and I don't know why I know that!) or hired any normal makeup artist who carries a pro-grade foundation. I think even those devoted to the art of tattoo get a pass if they don't want that lifelong commitment to be visible in their wedding photos.

The sad thing is, I suspect Kailyn would never dream of trying to cover up her tattoo, even for her bridal photos.  She's proud of her "art" and wants it on display because it's part of who she is, damn it, never mind how idiotic she looks.  In a sick, sad way I guess that makes sense -- I can't think of why someone would cover their entire arm in a tattoo if they didn't want people to see it.  But you bring up a good point in that last sentence above, and it's something people should consider before getting a certain tattoo: Think of your future wedding photo.  If your tattoo is going to make people do a double take when looking at your wedding photo, then you probably don't want to get that one.

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:05 PM

Don't forget that monstrosity tattoo that Kailyn has on her back. I am going to guess that Kailyn doesn't give two shits how ridiculous her tattoos look to anyone else. She doesn't care about the bad line work,  and some of the other things are off about them, not to mention they are just hideous. At least if you are going ot have massive sized tats on your body, they should be done correctly, and be done by someone who knows what they are doing. And! one should know what they want before they go out and have it done instead of regretting it later, as she did with two of her tattoos already.  This coming from someone who has tattoos herself.

How could they not afford it with the teen mom money she was getting?

This is what happened:

While doing her taxes, Kail found out that she owes the IRS thousands of dollars in taxes because of how she receives her MTV money and royalties. Because she isn't an employee of MTV all the money she receives has no taxes deducted from it until the end of the year. Considering the large amount she makes each show, she should have been paying quarterly taxes to avoid a huge tax bill, however, she likely didn't.

Kailyn postpones wedding due to tax and money issue

What kind of flower girl dress is this?  

VioletViolet

VioletViolet

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

Is it this one?

That's it.

Don't forget that monstrosity tattoo that Kailyn has on her back.

The back of the dress is delicate and pretty. I shudder to think what she looked like from behind.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 9:43 AM

The back of the dress is delicate and pretty. I shudder to think what she looked like from behind.

You can see some pics of the back of the dress on her here: http://starcasm.net/archives/244507 She really took a beautiful dress and fugged it up with tattoos, a pregnant bump, and braces. All of the pictures seem so wedding normal, but then you have her with a huge pregnant belly. Somebody really should have encouraged her to put it off until next spring. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if all of her friends are enablers to this ridiculous wedding. Part of me really hopes that Jo has a truly nice classy affair in the future compared to this hot mess.

BitterApple

BitterApple

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

Tacky, tacky, tacky. Why not wait to do a wedding until after the baby was born? I doubt Kailyn and Javi had put deposits down for anything due to her tax issues, so why not push the date back? The ill-fitting dress combined with the shitastic tats, braces and baby bump made the whole thing look so low-rent.

JCVinEden

JCVinEden

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

The ill-fitting dress combined with the shitastic tats, braces and baby bump made the whole thing look so low-rent

I don't generally have an issue with (heavily) pregnant women having a wedding. In my mother's generation and prior, that's why a large percentage of women even got married! But I agree from the pictures the whole thing just looked sort of greasy. Like Kail tried to be classy and in the end, she just didn't have it in her. That photo of Javi with his head up her dress (hopefully he was looking for the garter) was just bad.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:51 AM

The butt grab phots, sooo klassy. And why are the bridesmaids wearing hoodies?

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

The butt grabs, the garter picture, all of the greasy pictures, so much class. It's so funny in the context of putting it off originally because she realized that she's not an employee of MTV and taxed as a contractor, she's massively pregnant, and they're already married. She used Pinterest for a lot of the decor, etc. She drank that Kool-Aid. I'm sure this wedding would have been Pinterest worthy if it wasn't for the tats, braces, or bump.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

Just scanned through the pictures.  Ugh.  That tattoo.  The picture with Kail and Javi standing at their big wedding cake -- normally that's one of the best shots for the bride and groom at the reception, and the aquarium behind them makes the whole scene looks very ethereal and lovely.  And then there's that fucking tattoo on her whole damn arm.  It ruins what, surprisingly, would actually be a very nice photo.

And very classy indeed (barf) with that photo of the dual butt grabs.  On the plus side, your eye immediately catches that first before noticing her other ugly tattoo peeking out from behind the lace on her back.  And the stick-your-head-up-the-bride's-dress thing is only cute when the pint-sized ringbearer is doing it, not the groom.

Let's see, something nice, something nice ... that's a cute picture of her dancing with Isaac.  The one with her and Javi dancing while Javi holds Isaac is nice, too.  Probably because it's getting her from the non-tattoo side.

I'm sorry, I got nothing against tattoos (I would like a small, discreet one for myself if I weren't deathly afraid of pain), but Kailyn's is by far the ugliest, tackiest thing I've ever seen.

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

Lace, braces, and tats, Where is the leather? So many themes to this wedding...Ed Hardy, Bad Ink, 1-800-braces4u, aquariums, JCPenny wedding dress combined with the toga party look for the bridesmaids, Halloween tutu costume for the flower girl, trailer park, a tribute to Trayvon Martin apparently with the hoodies. Did Javi and Kailyn toast each other with Bud Light in mugs?

Thanks for the link to the pic of her back...craptastic! Oh yes, your eyes are just drawn to that mess on her back, after you take your eyes off Javi's small hand on her huge butt.

heroineaddict22

heroineaddict22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:07 PM

She ruined that dress. Even if she wasn't heavily pregnant, I think she'd have been too big for that elegant cut regardless. And why would you choose a dress with a hem (or whatever the terminology is) that low when you are pregnant? A big bump is obviously going to skew the lines the designer originally intended. That was just a dumb choice of dress for her.

Looking at these pictures, I forgot for a moment that Javi is the father of this baby, which says more than I consciously thought about the chemistry in their relationship.

I love the bridesmaids dresses though. I'm a fan of that whole goddess-toga look.

Also - is that tweet about having "almost" everyone she loved at the wedding a nod to Jo not being there? Because if so, holy fucking tacky! Was Jo there or not, or does that tweet hopefully refer to someone else?

Edited by heroineaddict22, Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:13 PM.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:18 PM

Her tattoos look like someone with tremors took a sharpie and went to town. I'm not the biggest fan of tattoos, but I have seen some that are very well done and beautiful. Hers looks like they were done in a shop that doesn't advertise because you know, business permits and proper training costs money.

RubyintheRough

RubyintheRough

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

Tacky, tacky, tacky. Why not wait to do a wedding until after the baby was born? I doubt Kailyn and Javi had put deposits down for anything due to her tax issues, so why not push the date back? The ill-fitting dress combined with the shitastic tats, braces and baby bump made the whole thing look so low-rent.

I think MTV had a LOT to do with this. They probably paid for it or at least got stuff comped in exchange for free publicity (which is what Bravo does for all the Housewife weddings) - we'll probably know for sure once the episode airs and all the vendors have their names/logos displayed prominently on screen.

If MTV (or the production company) told Kail she had to get married on day X in order to have it be free and part of her storyline for the show, I think she would go through with it. Didn't she admit to filming Christmas scenes way out of order because MTV wanted the episodes ready to air during the holidays? And Kail said that she wanted Chelsea to come to the wedding to do her hair and makeup, but MTV wouldn't allow it?

I think the network/producers just tell these girls when to jump and they all just say how high, even if it means having tacky-ass wedding pictures they have to look at for the rest of their lives. They don't want to lose out on the money or the fame associated with being on the show, even if it makes them look terrible.

Edited by RubyintheRough, Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:19 PM.

heroineaddict22

heroineaddict22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Oh, wait. Does this mean they're getting another season? You know, the one that includes the heroin addict? :(

sbeckam

sbeckam

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

Also - is that tweet about having "almost" everyone she loved at the wedding a nod to Jo not being there? Because if so, holy fucking tacky! Was Jo there or not, or does that tweet hopefully refer to someone else?

It was probably about her mom or something. 

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:24 PM

She hates her mom.

fliptopbox

fliptopbox

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:38 PM

It probably was about Jo.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 1:56 PM

Her pics are horrible! She looks trashy, used and abused. Also, not everyone should wear a white dress--and it has nothing to do with purity, yada, yada, yada. It's that that much white doesn't look good on kailyn because of her coloring. She looks completely washed out and sloppy. It could have been her hair as well, and those tattoos were just the topping on the cake. The bridesmaids actually looked miles and miles better than the bride.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 7:50 AM

I thought the bridesmaid dresses looked like something you'd see at a toga-themed frat party.

I'm a tattooed person and I have seen some GORGEOUS brides w/ full sleeves in my time. Kail is not one of them. For one, her tattoos are just awful. The Sharpie comment above is hilarious, and dead on. Also, she just doesn't have that "look". For one, I don't think her dress goes well with someone tattooed. And I'm not saying you couldn't have a white dress with tattoos, just not THAT one. Also, the braces just throw everything off, as does the baby bump. She really should have just waited. Or worn a different, more flattering dress.

TuneOut

TuneOut

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 8:10 AM

She looks good in that group pic where her arms are covered and you can't see the braces.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

I liked the bridesmaids dresses. Not the color, but the style was very nice.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 3:28 PM

Kail and Javi welcomed their son. His name is Lincoln Marshall. Congrats!

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 3:46 PM

I wonder if the MTV camera crew was filming for Season 5....

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

I was wondering, I figured it had to be soon.  A boy!  Kail's relationship with Isaac always reminds me of my own with my boys, so I'm happy to hear she had another one.  Lincoln Marshall though.  Not a fan.  Congrats to Kail, Javi and big brother Isaac.

WheresMyCoffee

WheresMyCoffee

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Lincoln is becoming SUCH  a popular name.

Janelle from BB5,BB6 had a boy named Lincoln in the summer

Kristen Bell has a daughter, Lincoln, born last year.

Now Kail...

Im sure more.