Teen Mom 2: Why, MTV, Why?

• Please log in to reply

17697 replies to this topic

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 1:04 AM

She has beautiful blue eyes, but kind of has a bug-eyed look or something I can't quite pinpoint. Plus, the more I look at her, the more I see a mini-Leah.

IMO yes. Unfortunately Leah, her mom, Dawn, and that child are just not cute whatsoever. Baby Goggles luckily looks like Cory. She is so damn cute. Leah's mom has such squinty eyes and from looking at those old pics of her above in that link, her hair looks like a rat's nest. Hot damn! I can't help but laugh and wonder what the hell happened there. As for Leah's dad being into drugs and more than one woman...well, I guess I can see where Leah gets that shit from.

Eight ball? Cocaine fiend. No wonder he looked like shit. He looked like he was in his late 60's.

Edited by kemon, May 3, 2013 @ 1:13 AM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 6:26 AM

That was interesting. Yeah, I totally would have pegged "Mama Dawn" for at least age 48. I don't think Leah is that pretty (kind of mousey looking), but damn, she's a beauty compared to the women before her.

I find this interesting. The first comment by someone named Lisa on that story:

"I'm crackin up @how wonderful some of you say 'Mama Dawn' is. Because her current husband was my 1st husband. Several years after he married Dawn, Lee's dad passed away and I went to the funeral. Once they figured out who I was (I tried to keep a low profile), Dawn called me and treated me like a sack of sewer for paying my respects. Hopefully, she has changed."

2 questions. How has Lee found not 1, but 2 women who wanted to marry him? Dude looks like a troll. Second, what's a sack of sewer? Lee must be drawn to them intelljent wimmin.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 6:50 AM

what's a sack of sewer?

It's a way of calling someone a pile of shit without using those words. I'm in KY and have heard that saying before, so perhaps it's a southern thing?

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:27 AM

I also think Jo doesn't want any more children right now because he doesn't want to pay double the child support. But that's as good a reason as any IMO. He seems very down on marriage, which is interesting to me given his own upbringing.

The lone voice of reason here for sure. I'm kinda surprised that Corey is rushing into something too; I don't think Jo is against marriage as much as he is against foolish marriages.

They're sorority sisters at Pink Phi Pink and Randy is their RA.

Lol! Randy should be the RA, he owns the dorm.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

That's interesting Whitney, thanks. Maybe that part of the south? I'm in Texas, but definintely never heard of it. Maybe, I'll bring the trend here. I've heard 'sack of shit' and the like...

Edited by ShaNaeNae, May 3, 2013 @ 7:32 AM.

spanky91088

spanky91088

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

I took Kail's practical explanations of why her and Jani were getting married to be an answer to "Why are you getting married RIGHT NOW?" The obvious answer to why people get married is the typical "we love each other," "we want to live together," "we want to spend our lives together," etc., etc., etc. The real question is "why not wait?" and her answer is logical and correct. Javi is joining the military, and will be active, he will be moving around and the only way Kail (and Issac) can be with him is if they're legally married. He will be able to be paid more to help support them (which I assume he'd be doing even if they weren't married), and Kail (and possibly Issac?) will qualify for a whole bunch of benefits. People wanted to know why they're getting married RIGHT NOW; Kail's answer was essentially saying "Because Javi is active military RIGHT NOW."
She's still an idiot (IMO), but I can see the point she was trying to make.

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:30 AM

Add me to the "Good God, she's MY age?!?" echo of incredulity! Wow, although I guess logically I knew she would probably have been in the same pattern as Leah dawn, i just never wrapped my mind around it. They've also mentioned in the past that Lee's been around since Leah was about 5, so again, by 21-22, mama had 3 kids, 2 fathers & 2 marriages under her plate! Everything's duplicated, not just early motherhood! No wonder all she can say is "It's your life." Probably not enough sense to say, "Hey, look at me, slow down, WV & its men ain't going anywhere!"

As for Gracie, she's what my people would call "precious" since all babies are, some just aren't cute. With that out of the way, add her behavior to another reason Leah shouldn't have had another kid. She already knew & verbalized that the child was acting out, probably due to lack of attention, feeling left out, so you add a newborn into the mix alongside Ali's extra attention, because that will help Gracie, right? Dummy. I hope Leah kind of favors her a bit because they're lookalikes,, just to assuage those feelings that will only get stronger as they grow older. Leah will have kids with Cletus, Corey will likely have them with his new wife, so one way to feel "different" . Then add in Ali's focus, and Gracie will be the one who ultimately needs a little more affection to ward of the man neediness/teen motherhood of granny, momma, & who knows how many others around them.

Edited by sunsheyen, May 3, 2013 @ 7:32 AM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:33 AM

I saw this on a fairly recent story about Ali and an update on her health. What a little doll.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Please give me some clarity on something. Kail says she's marrying Javi for the benefits he'll be able to provide her and Isaac. How does that work? Will his benefits cover a child that he isn't the legal guardian for? Or is Isaac just covered because Kail is his wife?

Excuse my ignorance, I have no clue how this Step Children thing works.

Edited by Brooklynista, May 3, 2013 @ 7:53 AM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 7:54 AM

Oh please let the WV crowd get a show. Forget Buckwild, THIS is the shit I wanna see! And Mama wasn't even pregnant when she married at 16 (yet) - she just got married at 16! Imagine the white trash layers to this? Leah, Corey, Mama, Eight Ball, Lee the Troll. Damn! They have more layers than a sewer full of possums (did that sound southern? I am not)!

luvbadTV

luvbadTV

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

I hope Goggles and her sister break the pattern that has been set in stone by Leah and her mother.
I found this article (with pics) that has info about Leah's mom who was a 16 year old teen mom.

Not only the pregnancy pattern, but the pattern of NEEDING A MAN in your life! Doing the math on Mama Dawn, she had Leah in1992, during her 1st year of marriage. She was with husband #1 for 9 years and with husband #2 for 12 years. I don't see any time that she would have been without a man/husband in her life. Like mother, like daughter for sure.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:01 AM

I can't believe that Dawn is that young and has 3 grandchildren. On another note, I always thought that if you took off Ali's glasses and substituted blonde hair and blue eyes, she would look Dawn. She doesn't really look like Corey other than the brown hair.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:09 AM

Awwwww, that video of Ali walking to her "Sissy". So precious!!!! That kid just melts my heart. I love seeing their bond.

I have hope for their girlses. Yes, their mom and grandmom aren't the best role models - but they have a very supportive father and grandfather. Hopefully their constant presence in their life will keep them from feeling they need to latch onto any guy that looks in their general direction.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Sometimes I think Ali looks just like Corey and sometimes she looks like her grandmother. It's one of those weird things -- one moment you look at her and you just see Corey's eyes and everything (I definitely see his mouth in the first picture in the article linked above), and then you look at her another way and you see Dawn. Pick one, Ali! :) I saw another picture somewhere, a recent one with the girls and Leah and Jeremy, and holy God, Aleeah looked like a miniature version of Leah. It was disturbing how much she looks like her mother's clone.

Regarding that article, once I finally tore my eyes away from the mind-numbing adorableness that is Miss Aliannah, I noticed at the bottom of the story a new reveal about Ali's possible problem: that Aleeah was lying on top of her in utero and her muscles became underdeveloped as a result. Can that even happen? I feel like this would be a much more common issue with multiples if that were the case, but every doctor they've seen seems to have no clue what's wrong with her.

ILoveBadTV

ILoveBadTV

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

I can’t believe how fast Jenelle apparently spends money according to the show. I hope the MTV checks end, and Janelle hopefully will hit rock bottom and get the help she needs.

According to this article (http://hollywoodlife...teen-mom-2-mtv/) . MTV pays out bonuses for high ratings via gift cards for the girls. Jenelle apparently receives gift cards to her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. I think this is a smarter incentive considering Jenelle’s drug addition. I still wonder if the OG cards can be used on alcohol. (She could always sell the cards, for cash too).

Edited by ILoveBadTV, May 3, 2013 @ 9:24 AM.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:19 AM

Drug dealers like to eat too. I'm sure they could use an Olive Garden gift card every now and then. MTV needs to send Janelle to rehab, then be done with her. The only thing I would regret about her storyline not being on is the fact that I'm sure Barbara and Jace could use the cash. Maybe an update on jace and Babs every now and then would be good.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

I always thought that if you took off Ali's glasses and substituted blonde hair and blue eyes, she would look Dawn.

YES! I used to think she looked like Corey. Then one night I was watching and it clicked, "She looks like her Grandma!"

Wow, although I guess logically I knew she would probably have been in the same pattern as Leah dawn, i just never wrapped my mind around it.

Sad thing is, I wrapped my mind around it before! My conclusion when I thought, "Dawn must have been a teenage mom". Except I shut that thought down because I was thinking, "the numbers don't add up, she's too old to have had Leah at 16", and dropped it.

Please give me some clarity on something. Kail says she's marrying Javi for the benefits he'll be able to provide her and Isaac. How does that work? Will his benefits cover a child that he isn't the legal guardian for? Or is Isaac just covered because Kail is his wife?

For benefits, Isaac is eligible because he's Javi's step child. As long as they stay married, he'll be considered a dependent until 18 or 21 (can't remember) or 23 if he goes to school. The only deal is, and I don't know if it's the same since I'm no longer a spouse, but with medical, you need to use the military medical facilities. If you want to go off base, Tricare works like an HMO (again, this may have changed in the last 10 years or so) and you need a referral from a base doctor. So, unless it's an emergency, Jo couldn't just take Isaac to his favorite pediatrician and expect the military to cover it.

And as far as legal goes, every base has a legal office and a JAG office. Legal office can help you with legal advice, forms to fill out, etc. (Powers of Attorney, Home Leases). JAG office is where the judge advocates are. They usually have you do most the work and if something needs to be presented before a judge, they do that. They won't usually do the work for some of the mundane stuff Kail has used the legal system for in the past. For example, my ex-husband had an issue with his SS card, his mom never had it legal changed when she changed his last name (very long, very stupid story). So before being deployed to Germany, JAG helped him get it legally done.

ETA: I read that story the other day about Jenelle and the gift cards. Doesn't help her any more, easily sold. Plus, hey! She didn't have to pay $20 for that Eggplant Parmesian. Now she's got $20 for a "kilo of weed" (tm Barb).

Edited by ShaNaeNae, May 3, 2013 @ 9:30 AM.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:37 AM

Chelsea and Aubree definitely have a big sis/little sis relationship. I would have been more firm with Aubree had she locked me out of the room. I probably would have resorted to, "Okay, I guess I'm going to eat all this candy by myself..." My kid definitely would have opened the door then.

(Currently a JAG wife and you no longer have to get a referral. You just have to make sure your doc takes Tricare.)

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 10:14 AM

According to this article (http://hollywoodlife...teen-mom-2-mtv/) . MTV pays out bonuses for high ratings via gift cards for the girls. Jenelle apparently receives gift cards to her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. I think this is a smarter incentive considering Jenelleís drug addition. I still wonder if the OG cards can be used on alcohol. (She could always sell the cards, for cash too).

Oh my gosh, they get gift cards for high ratings??? That explains the furious Tweets promoting each week's episode.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 10:18 AM

On another note, I always thought that if you took off Ali's glasses and substituted blonde hair and blue eyes, she would look Dawn. She doesn't really look like Corey other than the brown hair.

Goggle's eyes seem too big to me. Dawn's eyes look almost slit-like. I look at her and it seems as if she is half-asleep.

Aubree going right to sleep in Chelsea's room, had me laughing because it just tells me that is what happened when Chelsea wasn't going to school. Aubree would probably wake up early in the morning, try to wake up Chelsea, but Chelsea wanted to sleep so she told Aubree to climb into bed and had her go back to sleep. Aubree was just doing what she had been accustomed to doing, I guess.

I noticed at the bottom of the story a new reveal about Ali's possible problem: that Aleeah was lying on top of her in utero and her muscles became underdeveloped as a result.

I seem to remember this being mentioned during the first season. I too thought, how can that be and what about other twins and multiples?

iwasaguru

iwasaguru

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 10:38 AM

I canít believe how fast Jenelle apparently spends money according to the show. I hope the MTV checks end, and Janelle hopefully will hit rock bottom and get the help she needs.

According to this article (http://hollywoodlife...teen-mom-2-mtv/) . MTV pays out bonuses for high ratings via gift cards for the girls. Jenelle apparently receives gift cards to her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. I think this is a smarter incentive considering Jenelleís drug addition. I still wonder if the OG cards can be used on alcohol. (She could always sell the cards, for cash too).

So mtv is concerned enough to give her gift cards and not cash to "help her" but here's a thought, why not just stop filming her? She's not a teen mom, so what's the point. And Barb isn't a teen mom either so let her go as well. They fucked up their chance at the gravy train so move on. Start another show called Teen Losers and let her be the star over there.

Heynow99

Heynow99

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 11:03 AM

For the life of me, I can't find a particular article that I read last night. I wasn't able to post because the site was acting wonky. The article had comments from Dr. Drew who had things to say about Farrah and Barbara. DD hints at something concerning Barbara's comments on the up-coming reunion show which seem to tell him she is very knowledgeable about heroin. His words were, "I called her on it". The word "bombshell" was also mentioned in the article. If it is being alluded Barbara was once a heroin user, it might make sense why her other children ended up screwed up as well. I wish I could find that article and link it here.

Blue Lemming

Blue Lemming

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

MTV needs to send Janelle to rehab, then be done with her.

She has already been to rehab 2 or 3 times... How many times do you want to send her??

As a generic statement, rehab doesn't work if the person doesn't want to get clean. If they like drugs and getting high, then they will come out of rehab and return to abusing drugs. In some cases, the client leaves rehab early and goes immediately back to getting high.

I had a friend that worked at a Rehab center for people that had been through rehab at least once before.

His center defined "success" as the client staying clean and sober for at least one year.

The "success" rate was 4%.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

There's no point to paying Jenelle on gift cards. The only thing that does is reduce Jenelle's income because she take a loss when she sells the card for cash. This is a silly concept playing out because it makes the audience more comfortable.

Gardenlover

Gardenlover

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

Forget Barbara, MTV is the ultimate enabler of Jenelle.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 12:05 PM

As a generic statement, rehab doesn't work if the person doesn't want to get clean. If they like drugs and getting high, then they will come out of rehab and return to abusing drugs. In some cases, the client leaves rehab early and goes immediately back to getting high.

At this point I really don't know what it will take to make Jenelle want to get clean. She seems to get nothing but positive reinforcement for her life -- she's on TV, she gets paid for the high ratings that her stupidness brings, and she has legions of followers on Twitter constantly showering her with praise over how "brave" she is and how she's always "fighting" to get her son back. Barf. I don't know what rock bottom for Jenelle is supposed to be, you know, aside from the obvious six-feet-under kind. Will it be when she loses everything? What does she even have to lose? Even when the show ends, she'll still be a star forever. She doesn't have her son anyway and appears to be making no effort to get him back. Men come in and out of her life every five minutes so it won't matter if her current beau leaves her because she'll get a new one the next day. I suggest a long prison term may be the only hope she has in getting a clue, but partly only because it's the one thing that hasn't happened to her yet. Getting arrested multiple times doesn't do anything because she's always let go and has no long-term consequences from it. She doesn't take rehab seriously and leaves after two days and accomplishing nothing there. Maybe getting put away for several years might drive the point home, but then again it might now. Maybe she'll be even worse. I just have no idea.

PikoMonkey

PikoMonkey

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 12:52 PM

...why not just stop filming her? She's not a teen mom, so what's the point.

Well, technically she is, and will always be, a teen mom. Just because she refuses to mother Jace does not mean she does not meet the qualifications of the show. Teen Mom is supposed to be a documentary (although I think by paying the participants it ceases to be a true documentary) about what happens to teens girls that have children, and though one may not like it, there are many teens who have children and follow the same path as Janelle, or even much worse. I think it is valid (technically) to have her on the show.

Edited by PikoMonkey, May 3, 2013 @ 12:53 PM.

pandagirl

pandagirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

Something's off with the timeline for Leah and her stepdad. If her mom had her during the first year of a 9 year marriage, how could her step-dad have been in her life since she was 5years old? She would have been around 8 when her mother left husband #1.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 1:00 PM

Something's off with the timeline for Leah and her stepdad. If her mom had her during the first year of a 9 year marriage, how could her step-dad have been in her life since she was 5years old? She would have been around 8 when her mother left husband #1

Maybe she was technically married to Leah's dad for 9 years.

BitterApple

BitterApple

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

Chelsea and Aubree definitely have a big sis/little sis relationship.

Precisely why dumb teenagers shouldn't have babies. I love Aubree, but she's starting to make that transition from cute to bratty, which is seen in so many kids who live in households with no boundaries or discipline. The poster who compared Chelsea's home to a sorority house has it spot on. Chelsea seems like a good hearted person, but she needs to get a clue and realize that life is about multi tasking. She can't quit school or take a leave of absence from her job because her car needs an oil change or Thanksgiving is around the corner. As long as she has Randy to fall back on she'll never grow up.