Teen Mom 2: Why, MTV, Why?

• Please log in to reply

17892 replies to this topic

silentbeep

silentbeep

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:24 AM

I think the thing with Jo and Kailyn in regards to her mom, is that he just doesn't get it. He's young so hasn't had a lot of experience, so all he really knows about family is his own, which seems like a very close and supportive family actually. And from what little I know of PA family law, grandparents don't have many rights to see grandchildren, especially when both parents are alive and perfectly capable of caring for the kid and like Jo and Kail, share custody. If Kail doesn't want her mom to see Isaac, its seems like she has every right to prevent that from happening.

I think a pretty good rule of thumb is that in order to have a relationship with any child, you got to have a relationship with the parent first. Anything less isn't really o.k. - treating the mother like crap while wanting to see the child isn't cool and isn't acceptable. What would Isaac be gaining? More family drama. What could he possibly be losing? She really wasn't supportive of him or his mom very much anyway before she blocked Kailyn's phone number.

Drbeauty

Drbeauty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:02 AM

Yes mistakes happen but it's still Chelsea's responsibility that her dog was killed. My dog was mauled by an Akita one foot away from me, and I blame myself because my dog wasn't leashed. Anyways, I read on a blog that the husky was not only leashed, but it had attacked Frankie before. Should the owner of the husky not have a dangerous dog accessible to other animals and kids? Definitely not, but Chelsea knew the danger and should have acted accordingly.

SweetGAPeach94

SweetGAPeach94

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:18 AM

Given that Kailyn has had issues of abuse at the hands of her mother and or her mother's boyfriends, I would not fault her for not wanting the woman to see Issac. Even if the boyfriendsxare gone, Suzi has a history of abandonment and allowing men to come between her and her role as a mom. Jo needs to realize that the issues between Kailyn and her mom are not simple. We are not talking about two people arguing over curfews or a pair of jeans. Whatever has happened has left Kailyn feeling vulnerable and worried about her child's welfare in Suzi's presence.

I am guessing that the idea that a grandparent could be anything but supportive is not something Jo knows. His parents are bending over backwards to provide money, support, a roof, etc. While he knows what Suzi is like in his head, he has not experienced it like Kailyn has had to do. However, Suzi sneaking to see Issac, blocking her daughter's number and past behavior should be enough to set off warning bells in his head. I would hope he would want to work with Kailyn to protect Issac from the situation.

As for Texas, it is obviously a pipe dream. Kailyn wants family and support that she does not have. Texas represents that for her, but she would not find it any better there. I hope jo realizes that, as she has done little else but state a wish. She has not rented a place, begun packing, or even applied to a new school. Essentially she is just sounding the idea out.

Jo remained calm so that was good. I hope he realizes that she was only sounding her idea out. She grew up without a father so she obviously does not have a reference in her head for Issac to grow up with one. Reminding her that she has said she wants Issac to have two parents would be good. Letting her find out from her attorney that it would not work out as she wishes it would in Texas would be helpful. Jo has made improvements in dealing with Kailyn, but turning the argument into one about his rights isn't effective. She is not emotionally mature enough to view it through Jo's eyes. So the best thing to do is to turn it around and remind her legally it wont be easy and that if it does happen that it will not be how she imagines it. No free babysitting. No free weekends for dating, working, or studying. Meeting relatives is one thing, but they are not family yet.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:29 AM

I doubt Suzi, Kail's mother, would even recognize Issac if she saw him on the street.

Since Kail has supposedly gotten married, where did she meet her her husband? Because all this moving to Texas is a waste of time.

Has this been brought up? Chelsea can file charges against the dog owner that killed her dog. I would.

Edited by kingofpoppa, Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:30 AM.

Drbeauty

Drbeauty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:32 AM

The police told her there was nothing she can do since her dog was unleashed

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

Thanks Drbeauty. Huge :(

shemaree

shemaree

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

I can't believe the cheap rent at the places these girls were looking at! Here in the Bay Area, you would be lucky to rent a crappy room in a crappy house for 775 a month.

Yeah, those are pretty normal prices in the South. I pay less than those girls for my apartment. About 920 sq ft for $720/month in a really nice neighborhood. Living in the South has its perks, as far as housing goes! I couldn't imagine spending that much to be a roommate! Hahaha!

the weeknd

the weeknd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:43 AM

I imagine that Joe was caught off guard when Crazy Suzi showed up at his house, I don't blame him for letting her into his home and letting her see Isaac for a little bit. What was he supposted to do? Slam the door in her face?

[I don't think it] would have been so childish about him explaining that Kail wasn't comfortable with her being around Isaac and they needed to work that out between themselves so, sorry, no, she can't come in. Nothing about that seems immature or strange at all to me. Now, granted, at that particular time maybe Jo didn't know Kail didn't want Suzi visiting Isaac, but once he did, I think what's childish is deliberately ignoring that.

I'm coming from the perspective of having been a social worker at a day care where part of the process was signing off on a list of people that were allowed to pick the child up, which included the option to restrict people from picking up or visiting the child. It wasn't uncommon for fathers or grandparents to be turned away or not allowed to see kids. It just seems very, very rude and disrespectful to me to ignore someone's wishes about who they want to allow near their child. If a parent thinks someone is a threat to their child, who is anyone else to override that and go, nah, it's cool? I can't imagine baby-sitting one of my nieces or nephews, who hypothetically didn't want the dad around, and if the dad comes to my house, telling my sister(s) "well I don't have any problem with him, you two need to work that out. It's my house and I can do whatever I want." I think Jo has a responsibility to work with Kail and trust Kail if she says someone is not to be near their child. I don't think he should get to unilaterally make those kinds of decisions and ignore her.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:28 PM.
Tone

Drbeauty

Drbeauty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

Your welcome :) I feel really bad for Chelsea, what a terrible thing to witness. Luckily, my dog survived her mauling but it is traumatizing.

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Nonstop eyerolls to Leah's Choice between Corey the Slack Jowled Yokel and Redneck Lance Bass. She really loved being queen of the trash heap there, didn't she? And what's with these girls having their children say things like "I love you" to their man of the moment? Maci did that shit with Kyle too. COME ON, MORONS. Knock it off.

Bwah! Perfect description! This girl isn't going to know what hit her by the time she reaches thirty: several baby daddies and several children under the age of ten. And no more MTV money.
I also don't think that Jo really behaved wrongly in what happened with Suzi. He was caught off guard, and acted in human fashion.

suzeecat

suzeecat

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:54 AM

My heart broke for Kailyn when her mom once again hung up on her. What a POS. I can't believe Suzy even wanted to see Isaac, she probably just wanted to play with Kail's emotions. I wish I could adopt that girl and show her what a mom can be. What's ironic is, check out my name.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:31 AM

I'm coming from the perspective of having been a social worker at a day care where part of the process was signing off on a list of people that were allowed to pick the child up, which included the option to restrict people from picking up or visiting the child. It wasn't uncommon for fathers or grandparents to be turned away or not allowed to see kids.

But that's a daycare. That's a business. They have to be informed who is supposed to be around the kid and who isn't, and the reasons for the parent wanting to exclude this person or that are not their concern as long as that's what the parent says -- that's their job. That's what they get paid for. There's a difference between that and telling someone who they can or cannot let into their own house. That's my only issue with Kail harping at Jo about it. Isaac is her son, and it's her mother and she feels strongly about it, but there's really nothing she can do about who Jo can invite into his own home. If she wants Suzi to stay away from Isaac when Isaac is at Jo's, then the only thing she can do is tell Suzi to stay away; she can't force Jo to lock someone out of his house. He could, but she can't make him. It's not her house. She's not paying him to do what she wants him to with Isaac. He's not her daycare center.

Edited by Chicken Wing, Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:38 AM.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

I completely disagree. Jo has no issues with Suzi. Kail has the problem with Suzi. Why would Jo put in time and energy to keeps Isaac's grandmother away from him? It's one thing if Suzi would harm Isaac, but Kail's sole reason is because SHE has an issue with her. Kail's problem with her mom is not Jo or Isaac's fault. Like I said before, it's not fair to put Jo and his family in the middle of her problem.

Actually, I didn't see it has just Kail having an issue w/ her mom. She flat-out explained to her Mom that she didn't want her to be an inconsistent presence in Issac's life. She had gone a year w/o seeing them, and then just pops up? Then what? She'll visit a few times and then disappear? That's not healthy. I cut my father out of my life 4 years ago for pretty much the same reason. So I am completely on Kail's side. I do think Jo was being unfair at first, but once they talked at dinner - he seemed to get it and be willing to cooperate. I think overall Jo is a good dad and good person. I liked when they were talking about TX, how he said he needed to see his son every week, but more importantly his son needed to see him. And Kail got that. If they can continue to communicate properly, I think they will do a good job of co-parenting.

I felt badly for Chelsea about the dog - but can someone turn her onto the miracle that is waterproof mascara? Seriously....how many times do I need to see her w/ raccoon eyes.

Leah is sick for making her kids tell some dude "I love you". She moves way too fast, with everything in life.

Did anyone else think that house Jenelle looked at wasn't the best for kids? A wood stove in the main room? And those stairs look super steep. I hope she gets a baby gate! Wait....we all know she'll have a fight w/ Amber and move out w/in 3 weeks. Speaking of fights, how did MTV miss the "huge fight" between her and the hitchhiker boyfriend?

mofonts

mofonts

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:54 AM

Chelsea is an irresponsible pet owner who should not be allowed to have them. Just opening the door and letting dogs run out? She needed to get off her ever-expanding lazy ass and do it right, with leash, as the LAW requires.

The other dog was tethered so it was completely Chelsea's fault and no one else.

On a side note, that was a SWEET little house Janelle got for only $750!

kira28

kira28

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:57 AM

Kail is a moron. Seriously, she has NO common sense. I know she gets a lot of props for working and going to school.. but.. telling her friend Gigi that she wants to move to Texas and Issac is "coming with" No u dumb twit. If YOU move Issac would stay with Jo. No way the Riveras would let Issac move to TX. And as someone else pointed out she had to go to court just to get Issac on the weekends. No way a judge is going to let her take Issac away from his father and father's stable family home. I do think Jo was trying to exert control over Kail or at least give her a taste of her own medicine when he said he would allow Suzi to see Issac. Kail was whining about how Jo should have discussed it with her first, should have talked about it and agreed to something and compromised. Yes Kail take your OWN advice. Instead of showing up to pick up Issac and annoucing that you may move to Texas (as though dragging Issac wherever the hell you want is your decision only) and that Issac would like it there.. maybe you should have talked about it with Jo first and discussed options instead of just suprising him by the annoucement. You don't like it when Jo just makes a decision that SHOULD include you and you have no say in it do ya??

Janelle is also a dumbass. Yep sweetie thats all you need is your own place and that will convince a judge to let you have custody of Jace.

I want to feel bad for Chelsea but I'm heartless I guess because I just can't. The Husky was in its own yard and her dog invaded its territory. Chelsea shouldn't have let her dog run around uncontrolled. The dog ran right out into the street as well. Feel terrible for that poor little dog.

Man, did they shoot Barb with a tranq gun this season or what?

maybe she got into Janelle's weed :)

Edited by kira28, Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:17 AM.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

Chelsea should really not be allowed to live alone. She is really lacking in the sense department. Maybe assisted living is what she needs.

First to let the dog run amuck without a leash is wrong. What if it had been her dog that had bit a child? But to have your animal attacked and not do anything to assist the dog?? You don't run to the dogs owner and try to get them to call off their dog? You go back to your house, close the door and call daddy who's god knows how far away? Did she call animal control? Chelsea is a donkey and should not be in cahrge of any living creature.

She's lucky it was just the dog that got attacked and not Aubreeey.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:51 AM

First to let the dog run amuck without a leash is wrong. What if it had been her dog that had bit a child? But to have your animal attacked and not do anything to assist the dog?? You don't run to the dogs owner and try to get them to call off their dog? You go back to your house, close the door and call daddy who's god knows how far away? Did she call animal control? Chelsea is a donkey and should not be in cahrge of any living creature.

This is one of the moments where I'm acutely reminded that the person isn't actually standing around alone; there's someone there pointing a camera at her face, but they're apparently not doing anything. It's a little jarring when you get taken out of the moment and remember that.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:01 AM

Yeah.. I would much rather have a US Weekly cover that says "Teen Mom Puppy Saved by Camerman!" than this episode. It's not a documentary. It's not the news. I hope they weren't filming at the time and there's some restaging.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

Yeah.. I would much rather have a US Weekly cover that says "Teen Mom Puppy Saved by Camerman!" than this episode. It's not a documentary. It's not the news. I hope they weren't filming at the time and there's some restaging.

I don't think Chelsea is a good enough actor for that to have been re-staging. It looked very real to me. But, suspisciously, there is no footage of the actual dog being killed. Cameraman didn't want to admit he stood there and watched it happen?

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:15 AM

Benefit of the doubt - maybe the cameraman did try to help, along with others, and it wasnt filmed. I dunno. Regardless of how she may be responsible, I still feel badly for Chelsea.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:16 AM

It's just funny when you see these "emergency" moments happen, and the person is helplessly standing there alone and no one can come to her aid, but then you remember that there's some guy with a big old camera ten feet away. I'm not berating the cameraman for not stepping in to save Frankie or something (who knows, maybe he did -- I noticed the scene froze abruptly when Chelsea looked over and started screaming, right before they went to commercial), I'm just saying it's moments like these that you remember that there's someone standing there and it takes you out of the moment. And then we have Chelsea's hysterical call to Randy, with the audio spliced into stock footage of the outside of her house and we don't actually see her. It's just weird when "real" things happen.

Edited by Chicken Wing, Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:18 AM.

iluvtv313

iluvtv313

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:36 AM

[I don't blame] Chelsea. Things happen. No one is perfect. [snip] It's really unfortunate and I feel bad for her. The dog got away from her, it happens. Having a dog in the neighborhood that eats other dogs should be the concern.

Yes, accidents happen, but this was no accident. The puppy didn't just slip out of the house unnoticed, she let them both out without a leash to roam the streets and neighborhood. This is why there are leash laws to protect your dog. I don't feel sorry for her one bit--it was completely her fault. If the husky didn't get him, a car would have. She got that dog as an accessory. Hopefully she's learned her lesson they need to be treated better. I've lost a dog to a dog attack, so her segment really upset me. RIP Frankie.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:30 PM.
Quoted post was edited

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:51 AM

It's terrible the dog was killed, but the cameramen on this show don't intervene to help the babies when people around them are screaming, cursing, physically fighting, etc. I'm not really surprised they didn't intervene in a dog fight.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:55 AM

I don't know, I don't blame Chelsea for what happened and at the same time, I do blame her. I have neighbors who have small dogs and they occasionally let them out to run up and down the yard and maybe a little bit in the road right in front of the house, supposedly because they know their particular dogs are trained well enough to know not to wander away beyond that point. Mostly it annoys me because them damn dogs bug me with their yippity yapping when I walk by, but whatever. And it's not a high-traffic area, although a car will obviously drive by once in a while -- people live there. So I guess I can't hate on Chelsea too much for allowing her small dog, who apparently isn't a danger to anyone, run around a bit in front of her house in a quiet neighborhood. People do it, and it's mostly an annoyance to other people, as far as I've found.

But Frankie obviously wouldn't listen when Chelsea kept calling him; the dog scampered away beyond where Chelsea obviously intended for him to go and ignored her commands to come back. So maybe that wasn't the type of dog who should be allowed to run around without a leash. If Frankie had gotten hit by a car, I totally would have held Chelsea accountable for allowing him to run around like that. And I only slightly less blame her for the fact that Frankie died by getting mauled by another dog. Frankie obviously shouldn't have been left to roam around like that, and I will assume that Chelsea knew beforehand that her neighbor had that big dog so it's not like she didn't know such a small-dog danger was even in her neighborhood.

Nonetheless, what a horrible thing to have to go through -- and witness.

Twrites2

Twrites2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

I was so disgusted with Chelsea tonight. She purposely let two dogs run off leash out into an unfenced yard that was close to the road with a dog that was known to be aggressive on the premises. When she noticed that her dog wasn't coming back, she didn't grab a dog treat or put her daughter down in her carseat for a minute while she got the dog. Instead she called her mother and let loose a stream of f-bombs while holding her toddler and half heartedly following her dog. AND THEN when she saw the Husky "gnawing on" her dog, she didn't get the owner of the other dog, she didn't throw something at the Husky to distract him, she instead CALLED HER DADDY. I don't feel badly for Chelsea at all. If you can't be bothered to walk your dogs, or even let them out on a tether next to your door for their protection, you shouldn't have them.

Way to go, Chelsea, your laziness is responsible for your dog's death. Maybe if your dogs were leopard or zebra print, you'd pay more attention to them.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:07 PM

The puppy didn't just slip out of the house unnoticed, she let them both out without a leash to roam the streets and neighborhood. This is why there are leash laws to protect your dog. I don't feel sorry for her one bit--it was completely her fault. If the husky didn't get him, a car would have. She got that dog as an accessory. Hopefully she's learned her lesson they need to be treated better. I've lost a dog to a dog attack, so her segment really upset me. RIP Frankie.

Agree. I feel sorry that Frankie was not tended to properly.

When Randy said something to the effect of that dogs sometimes get loose...*buzzer* wrong Randy! Not in this case. It wasn't as if Aubrey had opened the front door and the dogs ran out. Your daughter didn't tend to her dogs by putting leashes on them. That's the law! If Aubrey had been put in that vehicle without a car seat, would you have that same attitude..."Don't the police know that sometimes moms can forget to strap their child in?" Would he have had the same attitude if it had been Aubrey who wandered outside and was attacked by the dog? Sorry, when you decide to own a pet or have children, there are certain things that one must do to prevent incidents from happening. There are laws to protect children and there are laws to protect dogs as well as to protect people, that is why the leash law was enacted. If that Husky (or whatever it was) was in its own yard, the owner is not liable. If the Husky was running around the neighborhood, can you imagine if a child, like Aubrey, came upon it?

I got the feeling Kail never really made it clear to Jo about her not wanting her mother around Isaac. If she had, then she would not have had to meet him to discuss her reasons why.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

Time to start prodding your toddlers to tell mommy's new boyfriend that they love him! Am I the only one who was thoroughly grossed out by that?

No you're not, it's totally inappropriate to prompt toddlers to say "I love you" to a near stranger that, by Leah's own admission, they barely know. "They've met him once and they totally love him!" Please.

It will be a miracle if they make it through their childhood un-molested by one of Leah's meal-tickets-of-the-moment. Leah doesn't know one goddamn thing about this guy to know if he's even safe to have her kids around.

So sad, but so true. Children have 33x the chance of being molested if they're living with an unrelated male in the house. Thirty-three times.

as many times as Jenelle's moved, she has to have packing & unpacking her shit down to a science!

Do any of us believe that Jenelle actually unpacks at this point?

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

If Aubrey had been put in that vehicle without a car seat, would you have that same attitude..."Don't the police know that sometimes moms can forget to strap their child in?" Would he have had the same attitude if it had been Aubrey who wandered outside and was attacked by the dog?

Randy? Yeah, I actually think he would have minimized and rationalized Chelsea's negligence even if it were Aubree put in harms way. That's the main reason I'm not a huge fan of "Randalicious" or whatever. I'm sure he loves his daughter and granddaughter, but I don't think he's done his daughter any favors by allowing her to remain so dependent that her first response to any crisis is to call him. The girl has no independent sense of agency, and will be his dependent on him well into Aubree's adulthood. It's pathetic.

the weeknd

the weeknd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:42 PM

I don't know, I tend to think Chelsea would have sucked even if she had some sort of superman for a father. I think the outcome of a person's life can only be blamed on parents to a certain extent. Plus, Chelsea just seems dumb. Literally just dumb, low brain power. Can parenting really overcome stupid?

Man, did they shoot Barb with a tranq gun this season or what?

They must have sent her and Farrah's mom Debra to the same shrink.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

Time to start prodding your toddlers to tell mommy's new boyfriend that they love him! Am I the only one who was thoroughly grossed out by that?

Nope. My eyes rolled so hard, I am sure my next door neighbor heard them. What a stupid, stupid girl! I cannot stand the way guys are brought into young childrens' lives by their mother. A revolving door is what these girls have instead of a regular front door.