Teen Mom 2: Why, MTV, Why?

• Please log in to reply

18024 replies to this topic

teacherjoseph9

teacherjoseph9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Okay, guys, here are my thoughts on the TM2 check-up special:

Firstly, I hate Dr. Drew. I actually find him irritating as all fuck. This stupid bastard acts like a typical know-it-all, only he just plays the part for his MTV paycheck. He reminds me of some bullshit "self-help" book author, who only publishes for the money, but surely doesn't follow his own "advice".

Anyway, I believe that Kailyn definitely wants BOTH Jonathan and Jordan, and she wants to keep them both within her pocket for whenever she wants them/needs them. It all just stems from her lack of family-love in her life, especially the absence of her father. She subconsciously craves that male-attention so badly, and not just one male can fulfill her insecurities, therefore she hops around from male to male. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's even a third male that Kailyn is involved with here, one that we don't know about, in addition to Jonathan and Jordan. Very unhealthy situation in the long-run for all involved, including Kailyn. She needs counseling.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Cory's Father is HOT! LOL

YES, and you don't need a caption to understand what he is saying. I'd hit it.

I hated how Jo tried to slut shame Kailyn about the STD thing. She admits to sleeping with Jordan and Jo, he admits to sleeping with everyone and tries to pretend he didn't give her the STD. Where did it come from then, dirtbag? I'm sure Isaac didn't bring it home with him from daycare. Even if kids are having sex younger and younger these days.

whydoiwatchtv

whydoiwatchtv

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's even a third male that Kailyn is involved with here, one that we don't know about, in addition to Jonathan and Jordan. Very unhealthy situation in the long-run for all involved, including Kailyn. She needs counseling.

There could also be a third or even a fourth or fifth in Jo's life. This is why I wanted the STD discussion to go further. I think Kail and Jo felt protected from another pregnancy but didn't take the STD talk seriously.

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

All of these guys are dads because they refuse to use condoms and depend on the girls for birth control. It's never the girl who refuses to use a condom (although it is the girl who forgets to take her birth control correctly). I'd bet that all of the "teen dads" are out there sleeping with other girls without condoms. I'd be interested to know what the multiple pregnancy rate is with teen boys as opposed to girls.

DimeStormRing

DimeStormRing

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

I still think she prefers Jo but will take Jordan if she must.

It's not Jo she prefers -- it's being a part of the Rivera family she hungers for. Sole reason she became pregnant.

thejoysofjess

thejoysofjess

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

I wonder why? You shouldn't be concerned about children's speech until they are three years old and Jace is not that old yet. We had the same thing with our nephew, he slurred when he talked and didn't enunciate well, but he grew completely out of it (and in fact learned to read before preschool).

Speech at a young age like Jace isn't really about whether or not he can speak clearly, but whether or not he speaks AT ALL. Does he communicate? Does he use gestures, does he follow simple commands, does he have 2-3 words that are remotely recognizable? If he was in early intervention, he probably was severely behind his peers in terms of language development.

kira28

kira28

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

I thought that Janelle looked beautiful. But she hasn't changed at all.. she just learned to talk the talk a little better. Interesting on a renuion special about a show called Teen MOM, Janelle went into detail about Keifer, about rehab, about jail, about her relationship with her mom but she barely mentioned Jace- he's your son remember him Janelle?! Leah looked like crap, I barely recognized her. she looks 40 at least. Kail is ridiculous and I'm glad to see that she basically got told that two guys don't want her- on national tv. HOw nice of her to basically pick JO and have him scoff at her and in so many words tell her she's good enough to f*ck but thats all he wants. Mother of his child or not he doesn't want to date her. If it were anyone else I'd feel sorry for her. but with the way Kail treats everyone she deserves it. Jordan was a good guy, way better than someone like Kail deserved. Now no one wants her.

I'm sad that Mike is no longer with Barb. he seemed to love Jace.

bonbon282

bonbon282

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Speech at a young age like Jace isn't really about whether or not he can speak clearly, but whether or not he speaks AT ALL.

I wouldn't be shocked if he did have some severe problems learning to talk. Poor kid only heard screaming right in his ears all the time. "Leeeeaaaaveee mmeeeeeee alooooooooone!" Plus all the foul curse words isn't really learnin' him the right way to talk.

On another note, wouldn't it be fun if Kaylin's IUD slipped out of place, she got preggo, and didn't know who baby's dad was? I can so picture it happening.

CaughtOnTape

CaughtOnTape

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

I think I heard someone mumble chlamydia at the very end of that segment. I almost want to say it was Dr. Drew.

Yes, he did.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if he did have some severe problems learning to talk. Poor kid only heard screaming right in his ears all the time. "Leeeeaaaaveee mmeeeeeee alooooooooone!" Plus all the foul curse words isn't really learnin' him the right way to talk.

Plus Babs' accent? That kid will be lucky if he can form a sentence by kindergarten.

arb1978

arb1978

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

He was, and I'm almost almost positive than Jordan was also featured on the TM2 season one reunion show.

Kyle was on season 2 and 3 reunions, and dear lord how could anyone forget the neon-dayglow yellow sneakers Jordon was sporting on TMS season 1 reunion?

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:43 AM

There could also be a third or even a fourth or fifth in Jo's life. This is why I wanted the STD discussion to go further. I think Kail and Jo felt protected from another pregnancy but didn't take the STD talk seriously.

One thing I learned about AIDs/HIV, is that when you have unprotected sex with one person, you are really having sex with every person your partner ever had before you. Jo has had how many partners aside from Kailyn? Who knows how many Kailyn has really had. Then there is Jordan.

Edited by Shortcake2001, Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:43 AM.

OliveColored

OliveColored

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

On another note, wouldn't it be fun if Kaylin's IUD slipped out of place, she got preggo, and didn't know who baby's dad was? I can so picture it happening.

That is one of the nastiest things I have ever read.

LucyJJane

LucyJJane

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 2:56 AM

Jenelle is on a good path. She looked really pretty tonight and her voice actually seemed different to me, too---less crazy

Her voice seemed less...deadpan serial-killer to me. Her eyes were only 80% dead in this reunion. Liked her dress, though.

No one changed, no one improved. Nothing new.

The only thing I really got from this was that ALL of these girls have absolutely atrocious grammar. Every time Dr. Douche asked them how their babies were and they answered "they're good," I shouted "they're WELL!!!" back at the TV.

Leah-holy fuck, what happened to her bangs? It looks like she cut them in the dark with dull nail clippers.

Kind of surprising Chelsea cheated on Adam. Not that it justifies his behavior, but I suppose it does explain a bit why he keeps her at arm's length.

Don't really care about Leah. It's really funny that she keeps boo-hooing that people are calling her a cheating whore. Honey, you made your bed. Now don't go complaining the sheets are all trussed up. You allow your life to be filmed and willingly admitted on national television that you cheated on your husband. Plus, I don't get the sense that the fine journalists at OK! magazine and In Touch Weekly were holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do all those cover stories.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 3:15 AM

Kind of surprising Chelsea cheated on Adam. Not that it justifies his behavior, but I suppose it does explain a bit why he keeps her at arm's length.

I don't really understand how Chelsea cheated on Adam. Were they even really together? Has Adam actually ever considered himself her boyfriend in any sense of the word? That whole "relationship" makes no sense. I'm willing to listen to hear her side of the story of this. I'm willing to listen to Chelsea's side of this, because it seems totally different from Leah and Kail's situations.

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

I was utterly aghast when DD got Kail to apologize to fucking Jo for "taking away his childhood"...WTF was THAT about??? Did Kail rape him when she got pregnant with Isaac? To me that was the most egregious moment of the show. Certainly she owed an apology to Jordan......but IMO not to Jo at all!
And on a completely shallow note, Kail and Jenelle have the prettiest hair....Leah and Chelsea both look like hot fried mess. I just have to think that that crap Chelsea continually sports must be in style in SD.
I am sad that Grandpa Mike is no longer in the picture because now Jace has no positive male role model at all. Mike seemed to be filling that role, although of course we only see what's shown on television. I have a sinking feeling we'll be hearing about this darling boy in later years, and not in a good way. Jace, and Leah Shirley.

suzeecat

suzeecat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

DD got Kail to apologize to fucking Jo for "taking away his childhood"...WTF was THAT about???

THANK YOU for reminding me about this - I totally had the same reaction and if possible hate DD even more for letting that fly.

So, if Barbara has moved to a new place, I'm assuming that the house we saw was Mike's. I wonder if all the shenanigans with Jenelle, Jace and Keifer, along with a film crew, got on his nerves and contributed to the breakdown of Barbara and Mike's relationship. Adding: I wonder if Barbara mentioning Jenelle's generosity maybe hints at the fact that Barbara, Jace and Jenelle suddenly needed to find a new home around the time that the MTV checks came in, thus, Jenelle came up with a down-payment/deposit on a new place for the three of them.

I'm not saying that what Leah did (cheating) was right, but it seems to be common and accepted that bachelors do such things just before the wedding. Would anyone call Cory a wh#re if they found out that he got drunk and sewed some wild oats a week before the wedding?

Another thought, I'm surprised that Jo had unprotected s#x with Kail, even knowing she had the IUD. Did he totally believe Kail about her birth control? I don't think that was a very well thought out move at all!

It's frustrating to hear so many of these kids say "But I said I was sorry!", as if that erases what happened and absolves them of any consequences.

Edited by suzeecat, Feb 23, 2012 @ 8:40 AM.

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

I'm not saying that what Leah did (cheating) was right, but it seems to be common and accepted that bachelors do such things just before the wedding. Would anyone call Cory a wh#re if they found out that he got drunk and sewed some wild oats a week before the wedding?

*raises hand*

I think if you are committed to marry someone that means you don't fuck anyone else. That goes for males and females.

I do like Corey generally, but I have to admit he annoyed me in a few of the last episodes. In one Leah was crying about something and he said, "We moved too fast" or something like that. I thought, "YOU were the one pushing for the marriage when she wanted to wait just a little while!" Dude. You can't have it both ways.

I did think it was smart of him to let Leah have the washer because it would cost more to fight about it. And I did get the sense that he was genuinely sad they couldn't make it work. Maybe he's got me fooled, but he seemed sincere.

teacherjoseph9

teacherjoseph9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Suzeecat, I totally agree with you regarding Barbara's mention of Jenelle's "generosity". Jenelle, generous to Barbara? Seriously?
Come on, from what's been shown, the only people to whom Jenelle appears generous are her boyfriends. She's made absolutely zero effort to assist her mother financially, and she's even stole from her mother. Remember when she stole Barbara's credit-card?
Plus, she's made zero effort to assist her mother with at least household chores, such as cooking, cleaning, and washing clothing. And, worst of all, she's made zero effort to be an involved mother to her own child, Jace. She is merely Jace's biological mother and nothing more, at least up until this point. I actually thought that the home in which they lived belonged to Barbara...is it really Mike's home? If so, then Jenelle's dirty MTV paycheck probably did get them another home. And, I say "dirty" because Jenelle did absolutely nothing positive to "earn" that paycheck. To me, it's actually disgusting that she's even given money for behaving the way she has toward her mother/son on national television.

Kailyn needs counseling, as I've mentioned previously. I used to think that she had sociopathic tendencies, but not so much anymore. I believe that her behaviors may reflect sociopathism, but that deep inside, she's just a very depressed/insecure young woman. She tries to put on a tough front, but inside she's extrememly sensitive, as she cries so easily. She's also very needy when it comes to men, obviously from a lack of paternal love. And, as for maternal love, well, I think it's been quite evident that her "mother", Suzi, is a total waste of space, not to mention a real piece of shit for a "mother".

Nancybeth

Nancybeth

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

*raises hand* I think if you are committed to marry someone that means you don't fuck anyone else. That goes for males and females.

I might think it's okay for bachelors to go to a strip club before the wedding, but sex with an ex (or anybody for that matter)? No. Just no. I like Corey too, but I do agree he shoulders some of the blame for the marriage going south so quickly. Still, Leah is much more at fault, what with the cheating.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

I might think it's okay for bachelors to go to a strip club before the wedding, but sex with an ex (or anybody for that matter)? No. Just no. I like Corey too, but I do agree he shoulders some of the blame for the marriage going south so quickly. Still, Leah is much more at fault, what with the cheating.

suzeecat "Sowing wild oats" to me means going to a strip club and getting a lap dance. NOT having sex with an ex girlfriend (or anyone).

I agree with Nancybeth. Leah did not go out and watch a male dancer and get a lap dance. She had sex with her ex boyfriend, whom she cheated with previously. An offense Cory was able to forgive her for- to do it again?! I am glad they got divorced, they shouldn't have been married. It is better it happened now, than ten years down the line. Hopefully they can be friends because its clear they both love the girls very much.

I don't blame Cory for things going down hill- it seemed that he was willing to work things about, and was willfully blind to the fact that Leah "was just not that into him". I cannot blame him for wanting to make it work with the mother of his children when she was begging and begging him to take her back. He wised up relatively quickly. Now if he was begging her to come back after this fiasco I would lose all sympathy.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

Adam has always treated Chelsea like shit in one way or another, regardless of what she may have done or not done to him to get that sort of reaction from him.

What did Aubrey ever do to receive the same sort of treatment from her father?

No. I'd call him something else and it wouldn't be nice.

Edited by Shortcake2001, Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:59 AM.

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

What did Aubrey ever do to receive the same sort of treatment from her father?

That's the part that infuriates me about Chelsea (and all the girls to some extent). It's fine to be a teenager and play stupid games with your boyfriend (I'm not saying they should sleep with everyone who walks, mind you). It's NOT fine to bring a baby into that nonsense.

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

Yeah, exactly. If Corey had fucked his ex a week before the wedding, I would call him the exact same thing as Leah. Having a bachelor or bachelorette where strippers are present is one thing, but having sex with anyone other than your fiance is totally different - that is cheating, and it applies to Corey and Leah. Corey's not perfect by any means, and I don't think the marriage would have worked long-term anyway; however from what we know, Leah cheated and then walked down that aisle and said her vows, so I put her more at fault as well.

joeypotter

joeypotter

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

Plus, I don't get the sense that the fine journalists at OK! magazine and In Touch Weekly were holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do all those cover stories.

I could be wrong about this, but I only recall her doing actual planned cover stories (where she was interviewed) a handful of times. Maybe only twice? (One definitely for the wedding, and then maybe one or two other times?) The vast majority of the "cover stories" about any of these girls (or, really, any celebrity) is just a couple of quotes from a "source" and a stock image slapped on the cover of the magazine.

Honestly, I still feel really bad for Leah, and I'm not sure I agree about the "crocodile tears." Not to say what she did wasn't wrong, because it was. She did a terrible, awful thing. BUT a one-time mistake you make when you're 18 shouldn't be enough to brand you a "cheating whore" by the whole world. It's bad enough that the consequences of her decision caused her marriage to crumble, but for basically the whole internet to vilify her also is pretty harsh.

At least she seemed to show real, genuine remorse, and didn't try to make any excuses, unlike Kail whose first line was, "Well, it's COMPLICATED. We have a BOND." That was crap. But Leah made a mistake (a huge one), and she owned up to it. It was still a terrible call, but maybe I just don't agree that the punishment fit the crime.

Edited by joeypotter, Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:24 AM.

ceelovejay

ceelovejay

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

She did a terrible, awful thing. BUT a one-time mistake you make when you're 18 shouldn't be enough to brand you a "cheating whore" by the whole world.

No, it's not that people label her as a cheating whore - that is a bit overkill. But she cheated on Corey with Robbie more than once. He forgave her the first time and then she turned around and did it again a week before they got married. I find that trifling really disgusting. Why she thought crying over it would make things better is beyond me. Do it once, shame on you; do it twice, shame on me...

harperlee

harperlee

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Count me among those who feel that having sex with someone else before your wedding isn't simply "sew[ing] some wild oats," its cheating. One would assume that if you're a week out from your wedding, you're in a monogamous, committed relationship, so sex with another person is out of the question. Like others have pointed out, a strip club/lap dance, or even going to a club and flirting with girls, is an appropriate level of sewing wild oats, but any more than that is wrong, male or female. I honestly can't see corey doing that to leah. He seems like the kind of guy that might be miserable, but still respectful of his marriage vows.

I will say, though, I think there might be a side to corey we don't see. Once when he and leah were arguing about something (who was more tired, I think-it wad last season), he kind of flipped out a little on her, and she got silent and dissolved into tears. It seems that he is into traditional gender roles, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was a but misogynistic in his treatment of her, nor would it surprise me to hear he has a darker side and isn't ALWAYS the sweet guy so often portrayed. We know he doesn't communicate well; silence can be hurtful and can make someone in a relationship feel very lonely.

Edited by harperlee, Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:00 PM.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Would anyone call Cory a whore if they found out that he got drunk and sewed some wild oats a week before the wedding?

I don't call it sowing wild oats when Leah cheated with this same guy before. I don't even like it when people have sex with some stranger right before their wedding. I find that disgusting and disrespectful.

harperlee

harperlee

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I'm so embarrassed that I wrote "sew" instead of "sow!" D'oh!

But yea, it is disgusting. I don't know a single person who, if they were in a serious relationship (not casually dating) and their partner slept with someone else, would be like, "we aren't married, so it's ok."

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

It's not common or accepted in my circle. None of the married people I know, of either gender, even went to strip clubs as part of their bachelor(ette) parties, let alone fucked someone else as a last hurrah. As far as I'm concerned, if you are committed to marrying someone and you haven't expressly stated that you are in an open relationship, you do not get to have sex, make out with, anyone else. That's done - that's part of what that committment means. And I don't know a soul, myself included, who would be cool with their fiancÚ fucking anyone else right before the wedding, let alone an ex with whom they'd cheated before. If Corey had done what Leah did, I'd castigate him too. Leah did a shitty thing, and it does suck that it's very public knowledge, but she made her bed. This is what can happen when you do dirt and you're on a reality show.

Also, Leah went to the ex because she wan't getting what she needed from Corey. It wasn't about sowing oats, it was about getting her needs met, and instead of talking to Corey about it, she went ahead and hurt him. It sets a dangerous precedent. Had they stayed together, they would have had problems because all couples do ... Would she have run to the ex every time Corey was too tired for sex?

"Cheating whore" is harsh, but she's got some feeling bad coming, IMO. When you cheat on people, they're allowed to think ill of you.

Edited by Empress1, Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:19 PM.