Piers Morgan Tonight

• Please log in to reply

317 replies to this topic

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2013 @ 11:54 AM

Believe he's trying to drum up publicity and juice ratings as Zucker comes aboard CNN.

He is. I don't know why it's beyond a former muckraker, tabloid editor, accused phone hacker and admitted famewhore to use an issue he may or may not be passionate about to gain attention for himself and his flop show.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

I think I heard the most eloquent argument in favor of gun control on the show tonight, from the most unlikely source. I'm surprised he didn't take a swing at Piers.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:42 PM

I think I heard the most eloquent argument in favor of gun control on the show tonight, from the most unlikely source.

Alex Jones is probably proud of himself. That was an amazing piece of television and it said a lot about the pro-gun lobby imo.

Piers is still a boorish, opportunistic, self-promoter to me, though.

Edited by junemeatcleaver, Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:46 PM.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 6:54 AM

it said a lot about the pro-gun lobby imo.

It said there are a lot of gun toting idiots who would never pass a mental proficiency test. Piers did a lot for the gun control crowd by having that nut on.

juneboy44

juneboy44

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 9:27 AM

That was an amazing piece of television

I agree! I was flipping channels and caught the second part of this interview. What a nutjob that Alex Jones. I am all for confronting someone you have a problem with however to do so in such an immature, childish, unprofessional way was just ridiculous. He would not STFU! If I have a problem with someone, I sit them down and we both discuss the problem calmly like grown adults in order to resolve the problem! Yelling and screaming and NOT answering a simple question (i.e. "How many people died from guns in England last year?") just comes off as bombastic and ignorant.

Funniest thing: I had just finished watching an episode of Judge Judy when I flipped to this. I can only imagine how she would've handled this!

DXD562

DXD562

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

I don't think Judge Judy would have been able to resist screaming back at that lunatic. And that's one of the things that made the interview so great, the fact that Piers just sat there and let the guy keep yelling and raving like a mental case and digging himself in deeper. Piers knew he barely had to say a word, just let this wingnut make the argument for gun control for him.

And, yes, it certainly said a lot about the pro-gun lobby. *Wow* Do those who oppose gun control really think that a guy who behaves like that helps their cause? Are they really that delusional?

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 3:49 PM

Am I the only one who is scared shitless that this guy has a gun?

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 4:41 PM

No you're not. I am afraid his obsessive paranoia will become so severe that if he thinks someone is looking at him the wrong way and he'll just shoot.

It's the reason why every person who wants to buy a gun should have to go through some psychological testing that requires renewal.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 5:36 AM

Am I the only one who is scared shitless that this guy has a gun?

If only it was one. He said he has at least 50 (and you know many, if not all, are assault-style). Scary, indeed, but the idea this crackpot has millions of listeners who look to him for guidance is even scarier.

I found Piers' body language during that interview fascinating. Everything from his face to his voice to the way he leaned in (and no desk between them), said "I'm not afraid of you. I can take you on, any way that's needed." If it was a pose, it was a smart one and I respected him for conveying that when face to face with a lunatic.

Edited by Kali12, Jan 13, 2013 @ 2:15 PM.

nubbs

nubbs

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 6:51 PM

Anyone else find it extraordinarily ignorant that Piers interviewed those three stupid yokels that caught and killed that magnificent mako shark?

I was disgusted by the whole thing.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:40 PM

I have to admit I'm enjoying his show a lot more lately than I did in the beginning.  It really helps that he's live and covers topical issues now instead of trying to be a nightly talks show like Leno or Letterman.  Also I notice he's stopped having those annoying gun rights nuts on every night.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 7:42 PM

CNN to end Piers Morgan Tonight in March

It's about time this mess was canceled.  That phone hacking muckraker should have never gotten a show in the first place. 

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 8:24 PM

Somewhere Larry King is smiling.

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 9:07 PM

I followed him on Twitter for the past 3 years. (It's part of my job to keep up with media people.)

He would frequently live-tweet British soccer games, or talk about British soccer in general. I think British soccer made up 60% of his tweets.

About 10% of his tweets would be retweeting people who misspelled "you're."

And another 15% would be about guns, which got annoying (hey, I'm on his side).

I just looked at his Twitter, with 4 million followers, and, yes, it still is packed with British soccer tweets.

The point is he never tried to assimilate. He was adamantly British through and through, which could be a problem on CNN at 9 pm.

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 12:04 AM

Hardly ever watched the show because he was such a douche, but I often wondered why someone who obviously had the money never got his teeth fixed.  Yeah, I know, it's a British thing.  His ratings were staggeringly low; CNN could have gotten more viewers with a blank screen.

Milburn Stone

Milburn Stone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 11:10 AM

http://www.mediaite....ns-replacement/

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 9:57 PM

I'm sure Omarosa is having a laugh as well.  I'm so glad this ass is off the air.  Tried watching several times but he was just so irritating.  I hope he doesn't get another show.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 3:09 PM

Piers Morgan Tonight set to end March 28th.

Piers says he hopes to stay with CNN in some capacity.  I hope CNN cuts all ties with him, CNN doesn't need Piers Morgan to do the occasional celebrity and head of state interview.