House of Anubis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

211 replies to this topic

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 12:21 PM

I honestly dont care how bad the acting is, I am so into this show it isnt funny!

*sheepish grin* Me too. The acting is appalling, but darned if I don't keep tuning in for the storyline. The story and the kids have grown on me. It helps that i love anything to do with Egyptology and Mystery, so combine the two and I'm there. :)

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 1:14 PM

And obviously their enemies know it! Not one, but TWO people who should be getting as far away as possible show up for a play in disguise (hoodies? These people are giving Robbie Ray a run for his money in the worst disguise ever catagory!). I fully expected Patricia to start pointing and screeching "Joy" when she was on the stage....her cover was actually a lot more clever then I would have guessed she was capable of.

I honestly dont care how bad the acting is, I am so into this show it isnt funny!

I find I'm eagerly anticipating far more than almost anything else on the TeeVee right now. Yeah, loving the disguises, not to mention how exactly did a teenage girl with no $$$ survive for what had to have been at least a few weeks at this point (I suspect more since they had time to create and fully mount a play). Perhaps she only recently escaped her lame-o kidnappers, too. And pilfered just enough money to buy her hoodie at Generic Disguise Hoodies R Us.

Oh, Mara, did you NOT realize your little stunt would end up badly? I'm guessing she'll either confess or Hot Lady Gym Teacher will file a lawsuit. Or both. In any event, I don't see Mara and Mick being together for long.

BTW, how exactly does Amber as a cactus fit in the play?

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 4:48 PM

Oh yeah, Mara's stunt...now that kind of irritated me. I get that her tender teenage feelings are hurt, but I thought she was more mature then to pull a stunt like that. She was watching them work out so she knew there was nothing more to it and, since it was mentioned that photos were cropped to make them look like more then they were, she intentionally got the teacher fired. Not cool.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 5:34 PM

Oh yeah, Mara's stunt...now that kind of irritated me. I get that her tender teenage feelings are hurt, but I thought she was more mature then to pull a stunt like that. She was watching them work out so she knew there was nothing more to it and, since it was mentioned that photos were cropped to make them look like more then they were, she intentionally got the teacher fired. Not cool.

It was rather on the level of Alfie and Jerome---possibly even lower. Initially one might've thought Amber might do such a thing, but she's proved herself to be considerably better than that. I don't think at her most spiteful Patricia would've behaved that way. Ironically, I think we're meant to like Mara and view her as a good person. Though I'm sure Miss Robinson will be back.

Completely forgot---I loved Fabian doing Victor!!! Complete with facial hair, literal mustache twirling and hisses from the audience (and uber uncomfortable Victor).

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2011 @ 11:28 PM

Patricia, Patricia, Patricia. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to get into a car with a stranger?! Personally, if I were Rufus, I'd be giving her back to the school pretty quick because her personality and whining about Joy would drive me up a wall!

That play was totally awesome! I even liked Alfie, Jerome and Amber trying to stall for time by dancing. Seeing Fabian play Victor was so cool. Although, I am now going to have to assume Victor has no perepheral vision and is perhaps legally blind since he didn't notice a student kneeling 2 feet from him in his office!

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

Patricia, Patricia, Patricia. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to get into a car with a stranger?! Personally, if I were Rufus, I'd be giving her back to the school pretty quick because her personality and whining about Joy would drive me up a wall!

Hee! MY favorite part was how "The Betrayer" managed to escape all the Eternal Life Cultists by brusquely shoving past them and slowly stomping off---only to return and again, brusquely shove past them and slowly stomp onto the stage. BTW, it seems like Hot Guy Teacher isn't completely evil (and is strangely oblivious to how the play he helped the kids mount told the cult's origins). I wonder if HE'S gonna turn out to be an investigator or lost heir or something?

And surprise, surprise, Rufus is bad! Duh!!!! That's been telegraphed for awhile, now.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:54 AM

Hee! MY favorite part was how "The Betrayer" managed to escape all the Eternal Life Cultists by brusquely shoving past them and slowly stomping off---only to return and again, brusquely shove past them and slowly stomp onto the stage. BTW, it seems like Hot Guy Teacher isn't completely evil (and is strangely oblivious to how the play he helped the kids mount told the cult's origins). I wonder if HE'S gonna turn out to be an investigator or lost heir or something?

That was completely awesome. The cultists should have enlisted Miss Robinson...at least she is physically fit enough to catch someone slowly stomping off. LOL

My pet theory about hot teacher is that he is still so new to the cult, he doesnt really know anything about it. Although how he could possibly miss the significance of the play really was a bit of a stretch.

I'm not totally sure Rufus is bad...or at least no worse then the rest of the cult. I think he wanted to steal the elixir of life for himself and not share. At least, that's my theory for today. :)

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 12:33 PM

I'm not totally sure Rufus is bad...or at least no worse then the rest of the cult. I think he wanted to steal the elixir of life for himself and not share. At least, that's my theory for today. :)

You might well have something there, my Anubis Bud! And again, it is my complete shame to admit that I can't wait for tonight's show.

BTW, Trudy's just as fickle as everyone else. Granted, pining for freakin' Victor brings pathetic to an entirely new level, but she sure got over him once Fabian's bald uncle basically said, "oh, hi".

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

Zumpee I see your name on a bunch of the boards I frequent and I just love having another adult addicted to this show with me. *holds hand over eye* Sibuna

And again, it is my complete shame to admit that I can't wait for tonight's show.

I KNOW! I keep thinking I should save them all up on the DVR and watch the whole week in a mini marathon on Friday or Saturday...but I just can't WAIT! LOL

BTW, Trudy's just as fickle as everyone else. Granted, pining for freakin' Victor brings pathetic to an entirely new level, but she sure got over him once Fabian's bald uncle basically said, "oh, hi".

I like Trudy with the uncle (what IS his name?!). It makes much more sense for her to be crushing on him rather then Victor, who treats her like some lowly servent.

I wonder if we will ever get to know any of the other kids at this lovely school. I feel kind of sorry for Amber as she is trying to get over Mick so I would like for her to find a new guy to crush on and none of the Anubis fellows will work.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 9:41 PM

Zumpee I see your name on a bunch of the boards I frequent and I just love having another adult addicted to this show with me. *holds hand over eye* Sibuna

Sibuna to YOU, ladyrott!

And on to our show: Patricia, I will give you props for A) thinking to leave a clue and B) trying to escape from Rufus----did I hear that right---Xenu? (What did he betray the cult to Scientologists?). That said, my compliments to Patricia end there. I have not seen such a passive kidnap victim since all three Brady boys stood patiently and politely awaiting their turn at being tied up by Vincent Price! Patricia was completely at liberty, yet she made no move to run past Rufus while the door was open. Even her escape was lame, since I was inwardly screaming, "run dumbass, he's faking!". And sure enough he was.

Perhaps Patricia would do well to master Rufus's own escape strategy of brusque pushing and slow stomping....Oh---and I wonder if Amber and Nina split Patricia's still warm hamburger after they were locked in? Inquiring minds want to know.

When Mr. Sweet took Xenu's call, I think he was trying to look shocked and horrified. Unfortunately, he looked giddy and flustered (and a bit dreamy)---so I almost got the impression Rufus and Eric shared an extra close bond in the cult.

I sort of love the Jerome likes older women running gag. Especially since he fails at it so miserably. Alfie's hot mom looked like she popped out her son when she was around 12 or so.

Lastly, as shown in the previews Chosen One Joy is protected by the cult. If this is true (and even if it isn't, she clearly believes it to be), why didn't they just have her call Patricia and give some lame cover story? Given their cozy relationship with the fuzz, I'm sure they could've gotten an untraceable cell phone or something. And like they'd even need that with an adversary whose strongest skill thus far is the push and stomp!

No show tomorrow, what WILL I do with myself until Monday (or at least Sunday's Downton Abbey)?

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2011 @ 11:48 PM

I have not seen such a passive kidnap victim since all three Brady boys stood patiently and politely awaiting their turn at being tied up by Vincent Price! Patricia was completely at liberty, yet she made no move to run past Rufus while the door was open. Even her escape was lame, since I was inwardly screaming, "run dumbass, he's faking!". And sure enough he was.

OMG! Brady Bunch reference *dies laughing*

Seriously, why the heck didn't Patricia RUN after she "knocked out" her kidnapper?! I swear she was dropped on her head as a child. First, she believes random private eyes just happen to show up because her friend is missing, then she goes traipsing off in a car with him and THEN, after he kidnaps her, she stands there staring at him when her opportunity comes to run!

That said, I refuse to give the dear dunderhead props for leaving her clue since she TOLD THE STUPID KIDNAPPER EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS AND WHERE TO LOOK FOR IT so he could go remove it and all hope of anyone finding her!

I like Jerome's older women gag too. It's better then his acting like a complete butthead all the time! I wish they would give Alfie a little more depth though. He is just a total buffoon all the time.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2011 @ 8:52 PM

I'm hooked on this show too. (*Sibuna*) It's delightfully cheesy, the kids are earnest (it's not Shakespeare and they're not Olivier), and I want to see the mystery solved.

I'm still not digging the separate storylines, though. They're not connected at all. If the mystery is the overall arc, then I think it's time Jerome & Alfie, Mara & Mick were brought into it. I really thought Jerome would be the one to solve the number cipher, but he wasn't. Alfie, up to this point, is nothing more than a buffoon (although I really liked that his parents were interracial & it was no big deal). Mara and Mick's story is just typical teen angst (although Mick did look fetching in those tights & Mara is really very pretty when she's made up).

I'm surprised Joy is the chosen one (whatever that means -- yet another mystery). I would have thought that Nina would be the "chosen one," since the locket seems to work only for her.

Victor and Rufus seem to have known Sarah as a little girl, but I'm wondering if the lady teacher and the headmaster are more recent additions to the cult.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

I'm surprised Joy is the chosen one (whatever that means -- yet another mystery). I would have thought that Nina would be the "chosen one," since the locket seems to work only for her.

*Sibuna*, y'all! I'm thinking perhaps Joy and Nina each have magic powers and will do battle in an arena like in Pokemon? And Old Lady Sarah (or Fabain's bald, but charming uncle) will be Nina's trainer and Creepy Victor is Joy's (eewwww, Victor). No???? Hey, on this show, ANYTHING'S possible. Except decent delivery of lines.

That said, I refuse to give the dear dunderhead props for leaving her clue since she TOLD THE STUPID KIDNAPPER EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS AND WHERE TO LOOK FOR IT so he could go remove it and all hope of anyone finding her!

ITA. And thank you for including it since I neglected to do so.

BTW, one other thing the show does that I don't like: the cliffhangers are generally fairly good (same sphinx channel, same sphinx time), but then (and yes, I'm really gonna spoiler this, cause I'm sure otherwise your sophisticated viewing pleasure will be ruined forever) on the next show whomever was in dire peril is in another scene, safe and sound. So while we might not see the rescue in the preview, the "suspense" is still kinda wrecked

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2011 @ 11:38 PM

*sibuna*

Is it just me or was the acting marginally better tonight? Maybe I am just becoming numb to it, but I wasn't cringing quite as much. :)

I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but the show actually made me feel bad for Jerome. His parents NEVER come to visit? I hope this gets explored more. Maybe he is a jerk because he is neglected and everyone can give him a hug and dejerkify him.

Mick forgave Mara awfully fast. He is a better person then me because it would take a lot more then a letter to make everything all better between me and a friend/crush who messed with my life that way.

So now we know Joy's parents are in on this too. How deep does this conspiracy go!? I have to admit, I was actually on the edge of my seat when they were trying to break Patricia out of the van. I was sure they wouldn't get her out in time! Good thing that van leaks oil! Good ole Fabian to the rescue! Did Nina pick up a CAN as a weapon when they thought Rufus was coming back?

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2011 @ 11:57 PM

Is it just me or was the acting marginally better tonight? Maybe I am just becoming numb to it, but I wasn't cringing quite as much. :)

I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but the show actually made me feel bad for Jerome. His parents NEVER come to visit? I hope this gets explored more. Maybe he is a jerk because he is neglected and everyone can give him a hug and dejerkify him.

Mick forgave Mara awfully fast. He is a better person then me because it would take a lot more then a letter to make everything all better between me and a friend/crush who messed with my life that way.

Patricia is passable when she's doing bitch and her "Daphne" burn was a bit awesome. Speaking of Daphne, while she was (literally) pounding the pavement in aguish, zumpee, jr MST3K'd, "Oh God, WHY didn't I switch to Geico???". Fabian is better, Amber's smirk entertains and Jerome is possibly the best actor on the show.

I like that they're fleshing Jerome out (see above) and it does explain things a bit---BUT it's also part of why Ebeneezer Scrooge was a such a turd as an adult. Right down to the never visit, nowhere to go at Christmas.

No way would I have forgiven Mara that quickly---her actions were LOW. Plus Mick was always way less patient with Amber for basically, being Amber. Plus, Mick and Amber are probably the weakest actors on the show (besides Nina).

Works for the government as double super secret probation spy, huh Joy's Dad? I'd think an eternal life cult could do better than ripping off James Bond (and unconvincingly at that). It would appear some of the cult members are basically decent people and possibly don't know everything. I still think Victor is eeeeevvvviiiilllllll.

I think in GB, just like the US, even if you don't have minutes, you can still dial 911 (or the GB equivalent). I'm quite sure the Eternal Life Cult Police Officer would be happy to capture Lord Xenu. Speaking of which, shouldn't they have fabricated evidence and put Rufus in jail in the first place? Oh right, I'm using logic and sense. Silly me.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 12:24 PM

Speaking of which, shouldn't they have fabricated evidence and put Rufus in jail in the first place?

Oh no...it makes much more sense to drug him and stick him into a public hospital. It's much more secure then jail.

I am amazed none of the girls are crushing on Fabian. He is utterly adorable and smart and so sweet. If I were a teenage girl and he rescued me, I'd be swooning all over the place. I don't get the appeal of Mick who everyone seems to think is all that and a bag of chips. He seems nice enough and I assume he is big man on campus because of sports but he isn't that good looking, IMO.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

Oh no...it makes much more sense to drug him and stick him into a public hospital. It's much more secure then jail.

I am amazed none of the girls are crushing on Fabian. He is utterly adorable and smart and so sweet. If I were a teenage girl and he rescued me, I'd be swooning all over the place. I don't get the appeal of Mick who everyone seems to think is all that and a bag of chips. He seems nice enough and I assume he is big man on campus because of sports but he isn't that good looking, IMO.

Hee! Where teenaged half-wits can spring him, no less. ITA about Fabian---and even though he's jerky, Jerome IS good looking. Mick's a bit Neanderthall-ish for my tastes. I'd actually like to see Amber all in love with Fabian and Fabian not knowing what to do about it!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 2:31 PM

I'd actually like to see Amber all in love with Fabian and Fabian not knowing what to do about it!

NOOOOOOO!!! Nina + Fabian = Twu Wuv! :)

If they could so something with Alfie, it would be nice to see him get a girl. I really hadn't noticed Jerome's looks. He irritates me so much I hadn't noticed if he was cute or not. I'm not sure who we could pair up Amber with. There arent enough boys to go around!

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 10:46 PM

ITA about Fabian -- he's adorable, but it definitely needs to be Nina and Fabs all the way.

When did Mara because the tramp of Anubis House? First she goes after Mick even though he's dating Amber, then she gets jealous when he's training with Coo-coo-cachoo Mrs. Robinson, and now that Mick's off for his tryouts, she's chatting up Jerome? Jerome needs to fill out a little more (he has such skinny arms) and get a better haircut, but he's definitely the most classically handsome boy of the bunch -- model material.

I'm disappointed that they still haven't integrated the other kids into the mystery. I thought for sure it was Alfie's turn when he found the piece Fabian dropped, but Patricia just stole it from him so the club could continue their quest.

One of the things I like that they've done is show that Amber isn't just a typical pretty mean girl. She's still not the brightest bulb in the pack, but she has more depth to her than we (or her friends) think.

So Joy's father is in on the "Chosen One" thing too, eh? At first I thought it might have been an actor, but Patricia recognized him. I actually felt a little sorry for the teacher Daphne. She was really upset that Rufus had kidnapped Patricia and was not going to honor the swap.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

When did Mara because the tramp of Anubis House? First she goes after Mick even though he's dating Amber, then she gets jealous when he's training with Coo-coo-cachoo Mrs. Robinson, and now that Mick's off for his tryouts, she's chatting up Jerome?

I was thinking the same thing tonight! At first, I thought maybe Mick was gone for good or something, then when she was asking Amber to see if she was compatable with Mick, I was so confused! I actually like her better with Jerome. He is so much nicer when he is with her. She can hook up with him and Amber can get Mick back.

I love the little looks we get from Nina when Fabian does something like going to kiss Patricia. She is SO into him and so doesn't want to admit it. Egads...I just realized I am not only acting like a 14 year old girl while watching this, but I am actually shipping the characters! I think I need help. LOL

I am glad to see Nina and Fabian arent falling for the "Victor and the teachers can be trusted" crap. I can't believe Patricia is actually buying it! This mystery just keeps getting better and better!

Dawnydiesel92

Dawnydiesel92

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 11:56 PM

The kids are asleep and we're snowed in. We didn't watch HoA earlier at 6pm but we dvr'd. And my stupid husband won't let me watch it...because the kids are in bed.

Dang it!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2011 @ 9:30 AM

Dawnydiesel, fix your husband a strong drink and send him to bed! No fair depriving you of your HoA!

And yay for another grown up viewer! :)

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

The kids are asleep and we're snowed in. We didn't watch HoA earlier at 6pm but we dvr'd. And my stupid husband won't let me watch it...because the kids are in bed.

You need to slap him fast! Around my house, it's pretty well established that Anubis time is SACRED! ITA about Mara, not to mention, Jerome's a bit more of a pushover than I thought. That said, I see Patricia/Alfie romance seeds being sowed.

These kids might be good at numerology, but basic math? Not so much! I realize that to a 16 year old anyone past 28 looks old, but even if Victor IS Victor, jr, that would still make him past 90.

Nina's PTSD is hilarious. Yes, it's a serious subject and completely understandable that she'd be freaked over her kidnapping (though it seemed to consist of eating sandwiches she didn't like and being told to sit down), but still her flash backs crack me up.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2011 @ 1:46 PM

These kids might be good at numerology, but basic math? Not so much! I realize that to a 16 year old anyone past 28 looks old, but even if Victor IS Victor, jr, that would still make him past 90.

I kept waiting for someone to point this out when they were talking about it. Maybe Victor is his own grandson and every male in their family line looks exactly alike.

Nina's PTSD is hilarious.

I about died when she ran out of class screaming! That was just hysterical. I want to know how she managed to get the clue away from Alfie and replace it with the UFO message.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:51 AM

I about died when she ran out of class screaming! That was just hysterical.

I know! And in a course of a day, she's fully recovered and has transferred her hysteria to Alfie, who thinks Teacher Daphne is now Diana from the original recipe V. For such a traditional school, students certain do feel comfortable running out of class screaming whenever they like, huh?

And based on the newspaper, Nina finally figured out how to apply basic math skills. Imagine THAT!

I suspect Jerome and Amber might be teaming up to end Mick and Mara. Not that I care, just I could see it happening. and Fabian, REALLY??? You let Alfie take the fall? Not to mention, how is Alfie not pissed off about this? Oh, I guess since he'll soon be sibuna'ing, that'll make him feel better. Or something.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

Something struck me last night with the Mara/Mick/Amber thing...am I the only one who doesn't think Amber is really all that into Mick? I get the feeling she enjoyed dating him because she liked being part of "the power couple" on campus, not because she had any real deep feelings for the guy. Of course, it could just be the stellar acting, but I don't see her as being broken up emotionally about losing him.

Not to mention, how is Alfie not pissed off about this?

I wondered that myself. He attacked a teacher! He is scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush (again). His tail is in a sling and it's pretty much the sibuna gang's fault. And everything is just...fine? I know he's a good natured goofball, but c'mon! NOBODY is that good natured!

ETA after tonights episode: I loved Alfie's waving of his hands for his first "sibuna". Even he was like "this is absurd". LOL

Amber was quite hateful tonight towards Mara. I am disappointed in her for what she is trying to do with the election. Not really surprised, but disappointed that she could be so petty. And Mara! "You're just jealous because he likes me more then he ever liked you!" Really, Mara? You say that in front of the whole school, including the guy?! And Mick's "I don't think I said that" cracked me up for some reason. And now I officially like Jerome! He has become kind of sweet (although the old photos of Amber were pretty low) and my heart breaks for him when he talks about his parents.

Edited by ladyrott, Feb 3, 2011 @ 11:28 PM.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

So Alfie's PTSD continues and Amber had an awkward phase. Ho Hum. Truth be told, I think I kinda like her challenging Mara.

Oh yeah, guessing Victor's gonna be either offing Sarah or moving her to the maximum security hospital!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 11:08 AM

Oh yeah, guessing Victor's gonna be either offing Sarah or moving her to the maximum security hospital!

Considering the track record, I am going with the hospital. Then our intrepid dimwits can rescue her and hide her in the abandoned warehouse or whatever that was where Patricia was held.

zumpee

zumpee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

Considering the track record, I am going with the hospital. Then our intrepid dimwits can rescue her and hide her in the abandoned warehouse or whatever that was where Patricia was held.

Well, it sure was nice of Sarah to go and die once she visited her house. You'd think Nina would be able to figure out that between the house and Sarah's ghost---there'll still be plenty of sources for her to find out stuff. BTW, Sarah was the youngest and most spry 95 I've ever seen.

I gather we're once again meant to see that Victor would've been fine if Victor, sr hadn't been such a big meanie. Half the cast here needs to get some therapy and learn to let go of their bad childhoods. It's getting a bit old.

And Mick totally cheated!!!!! Wow he and Mara seem to have the endless need to do that for one another in common, don't they? For once, I'm glad Jerome is all sneaky and smelled a rat.

No Anubis for a week??? Oh the humanity!!!!

Dawnydiesel92

Dawnydiesel92

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2011 @ 12:55 PM

Dawnydiesel, fix your husband a strong drink and send him to bed! No fair depriving you of your HoA!

And yay for another grown up viewer! :)

LOL! I didn't do that BUT I did sneak back up after he went asleep and watched it. I had to feign surprise along with my children when we all watched it the next day.

I keep going back and forth. I'll be certain Victor is an evil douche then the next moment, looking at him as though he's a low rent Snape.

Stupid show making me think.