Shameless (US)

• Please log in to reply

3878 replies to this topic

MrWhyt

MrWhyt

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 8:26 PM

Between Amanda's white dress, Lip's new suit and their mutual desire to piss off her parents, it just looked like they eloped to me.

The white dress and suit were for her sorority ceremony.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 2:02 PM

Re Lip, I'm glad that he's still in school and getting good grades, but I'm surprised that the car vandalism incident was never mentioned again, but I'll chalk it up with the other inconsistencies of the season, along with Carl's sending selfies to Fiona's phone despite inmates not being allowed to have phones in prison and Frank's going to the top of the transplant list despite having illegal surgery.  Re Mandy, in some ways, I feel sorry for her. Between losing Lip, seeing him with someone else, doing a job she hates with customers she hates and having an abusive douchebag for a boyfriend, her life is almost as bad as Fiona's. Whatever shit Mandy's done in the past and gotten away with, Karma has definitely trapped her now. Speaking of trapped, that's the perfect word for Bonnie and her siblings and like I said before, it's her so-called "mother's" fault. Had she been any semblance of a parent, while she and her kids might still live in a van, she would have at least tried to get a job, Bonnie wouldn't be a thief and the mom wouldn't be hanging out with bikers-at least, not the kind who rape underage girls. If Bonnie were raised by wolves, she would be better off. So would Carl, for that matter. To put it mildly, Carl didn't score any better in the parent sweepstakes than Bonnie did. If Carl turned out to be a drunken loser like his father, I wouldn't be surprised. Carl could turn his life around, but not as long as he keeps listening to Frank.

The white dress and suit were for [Amanda's] sorority ceremony.

I know that now, since I've seen the episode and didn't look at any spoilers for the finale.

Jimmy didn't leave Fiona, he was kidnapped by the Brazilian mafia. last we saw of Jimmy, he was trying to call Fiona, but Beto refused to let him contact her and threw his phone in the lake.

I not only already know about Stimmy's situation, I discussed it in my previous post via his marriage to Estefania. My point is that I don't care about Stimmy. Fiona's life is even harder than ever and her family has too many problems that Stimmy's money (real or imagined) can't solve. While Fiona shouldn't have planned the future with Stimmy without giving him a choice in the matter, at least Stimmy knows about Fiona's family; otoh, Stimmy has kept his involvement with/marriage to Estefania, which Fiona had every right to know about, a secret. IMO, Stimmy was just a bored rich boy who wanted to take a walk on the wild side, hence the car thefts and getting involved with Fiona, who told him that she trusted him, which to her is more important than earning her love, given how hard it is for her to trust anyone, but instead of being honest with Fiona, Stimmy not only resented her for getting full custody of the kids, once shit got realer than ever, even by Gallagher standards, he wanted out. Stimmy may have done some favors for Fiona and the kids in the past, but his reaction to Fiona's getting full custody proved that his heart wasn't in it anymore. Stimmy's so-called "good intentions" were ultimately what Fiona's road to even more Hell were paved with. Some of Stimmy's problems aren't his fault, but his choices to lie about it, lie to Fiona and cheat on her, are. Had Stimmy been honest with Fiona and she dumped him anyway, at least it would have been her choice and the right choice.  Neither Robbie nor Stimmy are good for Fiona and she's better off without either one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes, Apr 12, 2014 @ 2:05 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 8:51 PM

Surprised this cast isn't getting more parts. The actor who plays Lip, I think he is great on this show but I never see anything about him on the Entertainment Tonight type shows or that he is in anything else.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 1:58 PM

Without a doubt, the two most pleasant suprises of the season for me have been Ian and Mickey, separately and together. Ian's being bipolar is heartbreakingly predictable, but Cameron Monaghan has done a great job. As for Noel Fisher, outstanding doesn't even begin to describe his performance in this episode. His Mickey is tough, savage, ignorant, brave, cynical and naïve all at once. Bipolar disorder isn't like the common cold. A couple of days bedrest and chicken soup won't cure it. Ian could be living with this for the rest of his life. I agree that Mickey doesn't want to put Ian in the hospital because he's afraid of losing him forever. How ironic that Mickey has found happiness one day, only to possibly lose it the next. Mickey's wanting to take care of Ian is sweet, but Ian's going to need much more help than Mickey alone can give him. Having said that, I'm rooting for them-which, given their history, is something I never thought I would say. At this point, Mickey and Ian are the only couple on the show worth caring about.  In some ways, Mickey has matured more than Fiona this season because of Ian.  Mickey's devotion to Ian has put his stock way up in my book. Mickey may be an ignorant thug, but he loves Ian. When it comes to Ian, Mickey's heart is way bigger than his head, which can  do more harm than good, but at least he'll put Ian first, or try to.

More Svetlana! The scene with her and the strap-on was comedy gold. I hope she's around next season because it's nice to see someone on Mickey's side. I would watch the shit out of s Svetlana and Mickey comedy spinoff where a lesbian hooker and a gay pimp try to make it in this crazy world while trying to raise a baby.

I respectfully disagree. For one thing, just because Svetlana says she's a lesbian, that doesn't mean it's true, "live-in girlfriend" or not. If Svetlana was always supportive of Mickey, then she wouldn't have blackmailed him, threatened to tell Terry on him nor threaten to kill Ian. Svetlana's dying her hair orange and wearing a strap-on was just a grotesque and pathetic ploy to get Mickey back, not that she ever willingly had him in the first place. Svetlana's hatred of Ian is just another reason not to trust her, especially in light of Ian's bipolar disorder. If Svetlana got desperate enough, she could try to goad Ian into attempting suicide in order to get him out of Mickey's life once and for all. As for Svetlana and Mickey's trying to make things work for the baby's sake, at the risk of sounding old-fashioned, I believe that a couple should be people who want to be together for the right reasons, like Ian/Mickey, who love each other, not a couple of assholes who (barely) tolerate each other just for the sake of the kid(s). Speaking of whom, I'm still not sure that the baby's biologically Mickey's anyway. Mickey's got way more than enough to handle without putting a kid in the mix, especially one that might not even be his.

truthaboutluv

truthaboutluv

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 2:22 PM

Can I just say one thing I found amusing and it really wasn't that funny but it just made me laugh anyway, was when Mickey came to the house to get Lip, to help him figure out what was wrong with Ian. He asks Debbie for her brother and after she says "I thought he was with you," thinking he was talking about Ian, Mickey goes, "not Ian, the other one, at college..."

I don't know why but that just made me laugh because really these people have all grown up in that neighborhood together, crossed paths at points and since Mandy came into Ian's and later Lip's life and Ian and Mickey started hooking up, their lives have been very intertwined. And yet Mickey can barely remember Lip's name. 

Edited by truthaboutluv, Apr 13, 2014 @ 5:12 PM.

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 4:45 PM

I think it was mostly because he was upset and wasn't thinking clearly. He does know his name though. One of my fav. Mickey lines is "Hey Lip, hows your lip". Makes me laugh every time. 

eyewatchtv

eyewatchtv

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Hopefully, Mickey will forevermore not be self conscience about being gay.  I hope Ian works out the funk he's in. 

I expect Frank will drink himself to death, literally, this time.  But hey, it's what he wants, so be it.  Macy, you will always be tremendous in this role.  When I need comedy relief, I know who to watch.

Who's been doing the housework while Fiona was gone?   Whoever it was, does a better job.

cakes22

cakes22

Channel Surfer

Posted Today, 08:41 AM

Shiela was doing the house work for awhile but now who knows.

MrWhyt

MrWhyt

Fanatic

Posted Today, 09:41 AM

I hope Ian works out the funk he's in.

Being bipolar (if he is) is more than being in a "funk".