Hell on Wheels

• Please log in to reply

731 replies to this topic

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 8:45 AM

I think it's going to be ten episodes again, same as S1.

Season 2 teaser trailer.

Sneak peek for the S2 premiere, featuring the Swede. I haven't watched it myself to avoid spoilers so steer clear if you don't want spoilers either.

Anson giving a walking tour of the set.

Cast arriving at the S2 premiere.

Edited by rove3, Aug 10, 2012 @ 8:46 AM.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

I'm glad because I totally don't remember much of what went on last season or how they ended it. Even though I watched every episode.

HA! I had no idea I was looking forward to HoW returning. I pretty much forgot about it entirely once it ended, but I saw a promo for S2 yesterday and thought, "Yay!"

I'm definitely gonna have to watch the S1 finale again because I'm a little fuzzy on how it ended.

Tippi Blevins

Tippi Blevins

Network Executive

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

I'll probably watch it, even though I'm not recapping it anymore. Things were such a mess at the end of last season that I'm kind of curious to see how they resolve everything.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

I had never erased any of the episodes so I've been doing a S1 rewatch on my own schedule (with four kids I can't manage a marathon). I'm enjoying them even more now since I know how all the characters fit together. I'm catching lots of little things this time around that missed on the first go 'round, things that tie the episodes together. It's all flowing much better than I had remembered.

bcharmer

bcharmer

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Anson giving a walking tour of the set.

Wow. I like his normal speaking voice so much better than the gruff voice he uses on the show. I find he glowers and growls a bit too much, for my taste. If he talked like this, just a bit more, his character would seem more real to me, and might be a tad more relatable. That's one of the problems I had with the show... that, and it almost felt like a chore to get through it most of the time. I loved the premise, though. Hopefully, they'll work out some of the kinks, and the second season will be better.

ShortTimer

ShortTimer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

I'm enjoying them even more now since I know how all the characters fit together. I'm catching lots of little things this time around that missed on the first go 'round, things that tie the episodes together. It's all flowing much better than I had remembered.

I agree. It hangs together quite well when rewatching it. The promos look really good; this will be fun! (Hoping the closing of the Olympics won't interfere too much with initial viewing numbers.)

Edited by ShortTimer, Aug 11, 2012 @ 10:45 PM.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

I wasn't thinking about the Olympics but rather the season finales of Falling Skies and Longmire. I do not know how many are like me and have all three shows in their personal playlist.

Bentley

Bentley

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Well, any hope that Cullen would have used his time on the run to reflect on his sins and try to do better died a painful death tonight. That he could beat a man into the ground after killing an innocent man in just the same way boggles my mind.

What the hell, Lily! Did I read it right that she is sneaking around and sleeping with Doc? I could have sworn she put him in his place quite firmly last season. I also recall she finagled a salary for surveying at the end of last season, so what is her motivation?

An angry, bitter Swede is going to make a scary enemy for Cullen.

Poor Elam. Getting richer, more powerful and more alone every day. I guess I shouldn't expect it, but I really thought he'd protect Cullen, not give him up to Doc. The same way Cullen protected Elam from getting shot.

So bored with Joseph and the preacher's daughter. OTOH, the Irish brothers as the new pimps in town shows promise. Was the one brother responsible for the prostitute's death? It was implied he'd killed before, but I couldn't tell if he was being accused by his brother of killing a man in the past when it became necessary or being a serial killer of women.

I'm so thrilled the show is back!

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

Yay to Christopher Heyerdahl being upgraded to a regular. I saw that Robin McLeavy/Eva was also in the main credits as well, which is interesting. I guess Elam is going to keep visiting her or she might go back to Hell on Wheels for some reason. The actress playing Ruth is still just a guest, so I hope nothing bad happens to her. Crazy-ass Reverend Cole seemed to be hearing her and Joseph sexing it up, so I'm worried.

Oh, Lily. She was badass through most of the episode, but that scene with Doc at night made me sad. Whatever was happening, she didn't seem to be happy about it, but if they are sleeping around, I wonder why. At least it looked like someone told Colm Meaney to quit pretending to be Ian McShane; he seemed much more toned down in this episode.

Cullen and Elam seem to be going down different, but still kind of dark paths. Cullen seems to be even more violent and unhinged, while Elam seems to become more powerful, but alone. Really curious to see where they go with them; loved them meeting up again on the train.

Continue to love that creepy bastard known as The Swede. Him being broken and regulated to burying corpses and latrine duty is a fun twist. He totally deserves it, but I kind of pity him at times. Really looking forward to seeing where they go with him.

Irish Bros have gained a lot more power now.

I'm guessing this serial killer thing is going to be one of the new ongoing arcs. Curious to see who it will be. Someone we already know or maybe someone we don't?

Solid premiere. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Edited by thuganomics85, Aug 12, 2012 @ 11:47 PM.

ShortTimer

ShortTimer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Very interesting beginning. Boy, when Cullen gets in a rage, he just can't quit. Of course, having his wife's and son's bodies dug up by carpetbaggers would undo him even further. I liked that he went home to Meridian -- a nice touch when he went on the run -- then apparently brought the gang back up to Nebraska, I guess particularly for the payrolls. Generals down in Mexico? The South will rise again? Interesting, too, that he considered himself a happy man when he was being carted away by Yankees to his apparent demise. I'm very curious to see what does take him back to HoW.

I was a little surprised, too, that Elam told Durant about Cullen being one of the thieves. Elam seems just a little sorry to have gotten what he wanted; it is lonely at the top. Seeing Eva with Toole obviously hurt, and she clearly still has feelings, too. It looks like a couple of towns have sprung up now; I wonder if Eva will move to the more developed one at some point, keeping her more in the main action.

What exactly gave Sean and Mickey the right to sell any of the land? That's quite a scam! I don't much like Sean, though Mickey still seems to have a bit of decency in him. Bently, Sean said that Mickey had killed a man in Boston, so why would it be a problem to kill again. --Looks like the brothers may have a falling out at some point. Killing is a just bit beyond fixing a fight.

Loved Joseph and Ruth together, but she has become quite manipulative. At first, I thought she was just being cruel and trying to make her father drink himself to death and making him listen to her with Joseph. But then I thought she might have been trying to get him to pass out so that he wouldn't hear them together. Maybe it's both? Her innocent story to Sean certainly didn't fit her actions. Joseph is taking over the preaching, so maybe it is both. Very interesting. I hope the preacher doesn't lash out at her.

The Swede... I wonder if he's truly humbled or is storing up his rage. He was kind of tender handling the whore who was killed, but then seemed pretty callous in talking about her. He really has fallen low.

Oh, Lily, Lily, Lily. I do not understand why she's with Durant. After Elam's news, it seemed like she was still thinking about Cullen with interest. Then her concern with the whore... I guess because she feels like one herself now. The advantage for her in being with Durant is a mystery. He seemed pretty smug about it.

A very good start! I wish they were doing 12 episodes so they could get into more depth. Each segment still feels a little rushed.

Edited by ShortTimer, Aug 13, 2012 @ 2:16 AM.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

Well, any hope that Cullen would have used his time on the run to reflect on his sins and try to do better died a painful death tonight. That he could beat a man into the ground after killing an innocent man in just the same way boggles my mind.

I'll have to rewatch it because the action in that scene got a little muddled at that point but my initial impression was that it was the hooded/masked guy who came up behind Cullen who shot the man.

At any rate, it does seem as though Cullen just wants a fresh start somewhere (down in ol' Mexico) - to grow crops even - but he needs money to do it. I think these train robberies are supposed to be killing-free, at least in his mind. Or not. I recall reading an interview with Anson Mount where he says that we'll discover in the season what drives Cullen to fight and why he was so eager to leave his home and family for the chance to go to war. Dude has some demons.

I was dissappointed too that Elam told Durant it was Cullen who was robbing the payroll but I'm hoping that Durant having that knowledge will somehow work to save Cullen's life. Something or someone obviously does it. Lily mentioned that the work on the railroad isn't progressing as fast as it should. I'm guessing that maybe Durant is going to need the man who finished his first forty miles for him.

As for Ruth, I'm of the opinion that she's keeping dear daddy drunk so that she and Joseph can sneak around for sexy times.

I feel sorry for the Swede too. Chamber pot duty isn't very glamorous. I did find it a bit funny that he and Lily were standing there having a conversation while he was holding her pot of human waste, lol. I'm kind of rooting for him to work his way back up the food chain.

Lily, wow. Did not see that one coming. I have no idea why she would be sleeping with Durant. She clearly doesn't want to be. I know that this is the 1860s and there were probably not many ways for women to get ahead on their own merits but she had already secured her working arrangement with Durant in S1. It'll be interesting to find out what transpired to get her to this point. It also makes her comment about Cullen - "it's one more brick in the road to his personal hell" (or words to that effect) - more relevant because it could also apply to her. I do think her situation is also partly why she was so intent on giving the prostitute a proper burial, the other being that Lily is just a good person.

All in all a good start to the new season.

SanDiego

SanDiego

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

So the preacher's daughter is really a big old slutty McSlut. At first I thought she was just torturing her dad for being a drunk and beating up her mom.
Oh Lilly Bell, I am so disappointed in you. Sleeping with Durant, even while holding your nose, is beneath you. Even in men's clothing, she still looks like a million bucks.
I almost feel sorry for The Swede, but not quite. Man seriously brought it on himself. I suppose I never thought about how chamber pots got emptied out; just assumed people took them to a community stink hole somewhere. One of the many details this show is so good at.
The whole scene where Cullan got captured, can someone please explain who was standing behind him, and why he was the only one who ended up in jail? I totally missed that part.
So one of the Irish Brothers killed someone before? Interesting twist that will probably lead to him being a serial killer.
I guess I am also missing why people would be on those payroll trains, when there aren't really any towns out that way to speak of?
Love, love, love this show, and I'm so glad it's back. Can't wait to see Cullan working for Durant again.

8matt8

8matt8

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

I've been counting the days for this season's premiere and I was not disappointed. So many "wow" moments such as Ruth & Joseph,Lily's sneaky "sleep-overs" at Doc's,and the Swede's epic downfall.
Seeing the preacher laying awake and listening to the lovemaking gave me the chills...I'm afraid for Joseph(Ruth...not so much). I'm glad the Irish brothers are back to the forefront...they're fun to watch but I suspect they've got a dangerous past and I can't wait to find out the specifics.
HoW is back and all is right with the world(at least on Sunday nights!).

LeSwiss

LeSwiss

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. I want to know how Bohannon gets out of jail. I'm thinking either the doc comes to save him, or Durant somehow gets him out and working for him again since he needs his skill set.

I was sad seeing Eva, Toole, and Elam. It seemed like Eva "Settled" for Toole but still loved Elam which is extremely tragic if true. Elam is a fool and is too blinded by power and prestige to see which things matter most in life. I hope Eva and Toole stay together because I hate seeing marriages being broken up.

Damn those Irish can be pretty evil when they need to be. The skinny one seems to be the worst. He's one of those no greater friend no worse enemy types. He bets against his friend Bohannon who all the money is on and makes sure he looses to make a profit. He's in it for the money. The other guy genuinely seems nice and regrets killing the guy in Boston.

Lily is really stooping low to sleep with Durant. That's not like her, but I think she deeply loved Bohannon and him leaving broke her heart and character.

Thundercat

Thundercat

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I was pleased with "Viva la Mexico" as a season premiere. A span of time has clearly passed, resulting in some interesting (to say the least) character developments that I have no doubt will be explored more fully throughout the season.

I am most interested to learn what Durant has over Lily that drove her to his bed. That smacks of all kinds of character regression on her part, considering how we left them last season. It must be something powerful to allow Durant the smugness and confidence to allow Bohannon back into his employ, considering Durant knows there was an attraction between Cullen and Lily.

The Brothers McGinnis have stepped up in the world. I, too, am curious how exactly they are selling land rights and collecting rents. Sean is clearly the mastermind of the two and assumes Mickey will be the muscle in their new pimping enterprise. My understanding of their past in Boston is that Mickey may have gotten into a barfight or such that resulted in him inadvertently killing a man. That may be the reason they came West, and Sean feels that since Mickey has crossed that line already once, he should have no trouble doing it again for their benefit. That won't end well. Sean's evident attraction to Ruth is another thing that won't end well.

The Swede continues to entertain and impress. I'm so glad Christopher Heyerdahl has been upgraded to a regular. I am curious how they're planning to keep Eva in the mix now that she's settled in Durant with Mr. Toole ~ although that will likely be answered in next week's episode since the title is "Durant, Nebraska".

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

I'm wondering if maybe Sean is the one who killed the prostitute. As ambitious as he is it might be something he would do just to create the opportunity to slip into the Swede's old shoes.

If not him then my next suspect is the man who ordered the men to get back to work after the brawl over the stolen payroll. They did a few close ups on him so it seemed like we were supposed to notice him.

Lila82

Lila82

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

I'm enormously conflicted about the new protagonist, otherwise known as whatever is living atop Cullen's head. Does it represent his primitive, animalistic instincts? His need for a lady's intervention? Poor budgeting from the prop's department? And most important, what died to make that thing?

Otherwise:

Oh, Elam. I thought Common's performance was fine in season one, but he's downright terrific this season.

The Swede was menacing, but Sean is unnerving. His brother might have been the killer, but he's the one with the Francis Wolcott vibes.

And it goes without saying: why, Lily, why?

8matt8

8matt8

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

When the characters were talking about heading to Mexico to join other former confederates I got interested in doing some research on it. I didn't know there was an actual settlement of ex-confederates in Mexico. Wow... a chapter in American history that I wasn't aware of.

moonknife77

moonknife77

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

That may be the reason they came West, and Sean feels that since Mickey has crossed that line already once, he should have no trouble doing it again for their benefit. That won't end well. Sean's evident attraction to Ruth is another thing that won't end well.

I agree with these observations and with the general consensus that Lily sleeping with Durant is terrible -- and all of these things have made me hopeful for this season. Last season, I did enjoy the show, but like most people was disappointed in the lack of real character arcs. To actually have development, people have to go through legitimate conflicts that test who they are what the believe. The premiere actually has some of those set up already -- Sean and Mickey, Lily and Durant, Joseph and Ruth, Elam and Eva -- which to me is a better start than last season. As usual, I have no idea what Cullen's doing, and the Swede and Reverend Cole are the creepiest duo ever to preside over the funeral of a murdered prostitute, but I'm content to wait and see what's in store for them.

Also, as a side note, I'm actually very interested in Ruth -- what she says and what she does are radically different things, but she's also just a girl, isn't she? I assumed she was supposed to be around eighteen. I think she's exploiting her father's drinking to sleep with Joseph, but I also think there is an edge of "you were a terrible father and you deserve to be exploited" going on there too with giving him the Likker. I don't think -- but could be wrong -- that she wants him to hear them. That would not be a sound long-term plan, and I got the impression that this was definitely not the first time that she and Joseph had slept together.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

and the Swede and Reverend Cole are the creepiest duo ever to preside over the funeral of a murdered prostitute

I couldn't help but laugh when the Swede was saying his prayer over the prostitute's grave. He totally sucks at it, lol.

8matt8

8matt8

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

On the second viewing, I noticed that when they were carting away the dead prostitute, there were full chamberpots rattling around in the back of the cart with her. So heartbreaking...she was simply hauled away with the rest of the trash.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

I noticed that too 8matt8. The one closest to her looked like it was going to slosh over on her any moment. Poor thing.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

Finally got around to watching the season premiere. I really really want so much to like this show a lot. I like anything historical, it's a Western and moreover, like Deadwood, it's set in an up and coming "town" and I find the dynamics of those early settlements fascinating. However, as with last season, I just find the show very very slow.

I find that I don't care about more than half the characters, and that makes the show tough to watch. The only ones I really like are Common and Bohannon. I couldn't care less about Joseph, Ruth, the cuckoo Preacher. I liked Lily but I can't stand Durant so she's dead to me. I'm indifferent about the Swede and the Irish brothers, although I feel sympathetic towards the Swede. Going from being the town enforcer to being the guy going around and emptying the sewage ("night soil man" or whatever it used to be called) must really hurt. The brothers do show some promise. The one making the business deals is a bastard but for some reason I find myself more interested in him that the stooge brother who's just along for the ride. At least the bastard one is ambitious.

Dowel Jones

Dowel Jones

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

I didn't know there was an actual settlement of ex-confederates in Mexico. Wow... a chapter in American history that I wasn't aware of.

Also in Brazil, if memory serves correctly. The descendants still live there.

And most important, what died to make that thing?

That's one thing that I like about this show; it's such a departure from the classic westerns in costuming and location detail. I have to laugh every time I see an old movie where not one of the cowboys has even the hint of a sweat stain on his hat, and the clothes are all tailored. By the way, it looked like a possum to me, but I wasn't paying attention at the time.

ShortTimer

ShortTimer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

I liked the episode even more on a re-watch. I hadn't noticed details before like the chamber pots in the wagon (ugh, poor woman).

Another thing was Lily being touchy-feely with Durant early in the episode. When she says she talked to the foreman (I guess) about the slow progress in laying track, she says she thought of giving him the back of her hand. Then she goes to Durant, takes his arm, and leans in familiarly to say that she didn't do it. I've seen comments elsewhere wondering if they are doing some kind of extra railroad business that requires secrecy (rather than them being involved physically), but I don't recall her touching him at all last season, and that gesture was very friendly. I just can't imagine what changed in a few months to make her open to being with Durant.

Also loved when the preacher covered his face as he took a drink, somehow trying to hide his shame.

Edited by ShortTimer, Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:15 AM.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

Dowel Jones: Are you referring to the Swede's hat? I believe it was a racoon because the tail had rings.

Vanilla Siren

Vanilla Siren

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

So the preacher's daughter is really a big old slutty McSlut. At first I thought she was just torturing her dad for being a drunk and beating up her mom.

I know this show is set in the 1860's, but I don't see how Ruth sleeping with one man whom she's clearly in love with makes her slutty. I have always found the two of them to be the sweetest couple in the show and frankly given the miserable situation she's in I can't fault her breaking the Christian tenet against pre-marital sex by finding some joy with Joseph. She probably believes he'll marry her (and I think he would). About her with the alcohol, I think she certainly would have poured it out if he hadn't stopped her. Maybe she was testing or torturing him without it even being a conscious motivation. I couldn't blame her given what a horrible father he's been. And maybe she figures if he's getting drunk anyway, might as well use it to her advantage so he won't hear them going at it. As if he has any right to judge her for not being a good Christian given his actions ...

When Ruth was talking to sly Irish brother what's-his-face, I actually yelled at the screen that he didn't have a chance with her because she loves Joseph, heh.

I guess Lilly is sleeping with Durant? Why?

I liked the scene between Elam and his ex. I didn't get the sense that her husband was trying to be cruel or rubbing it in his face - it was awkward, polite, civil, with just enough of a possessive "She's my woman now" vibe to be realistic.

Almost feel sorry for the Swede.

Bohanon has learned nothing. Meh.

All in all, looking forward to the rest of season 2.

Edited by Vanilla Siren, Aug 19, 2012 @ 11:02 AM.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Another thing was Lily being touchy-feely with Durant early in the episode. When she says she talked to the foreman (I guess) about the slow progress in laying track, she says she thought of giving him the back of her hand. Then she goes to Durant, takes his arm, and leans in familiarly to say that she didn't do it. I've seen comments elsewhere wondering if they are doing some kind of extra railroad business that requires secrecy (rather than them being involved physically), but I don't recall her touching him at all last season, and that gesture was very friendly. I just can't imagine what changed in a few months to make her open to being with Durant.

Eh. I saw that as a continuation of all the faux-interest she did last season. One of my favorite things in season one was watching Durant buy the loads of shit Lily would say to him to boost his ego. I hope we learn why she's sleeping with Durant. I mean I always assumed it would happen, but I'd like to know why. I don't want her with Bohannon either. I . . . want Lily and The Swede to team up and take over.

I liked the scene between Elam and his ex. I didn't get the sense that her husband was trying to be cruel or rubbing it in his face - it was awkward, polite, civil, with just enough of a possessive "She's my woman now" vibe to be realistic.

Elam and Eva are the only romantic pairing I'm invested in, so I liked the scene too.

Haaaaaaate that the Irish brother appear to be getting more screen time. I wasn't interested in their plot last year and I sure as hell don't buy them in their current roll at HoW.

Edited by hardy har, Aug 19, 2012 @ 11:46 AM.

ShortTimer

ShortTimer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Well, the question of Lily and Durant is answered, at least as to are they or aren't they.

Bohannon is right off the rails, so to speak, and yet he's still stubborn. Loved the trembling before his pending execution, though. The town has changed a lot since he's been away; it'll be fun to see how everyone reacts. I hope Doc is somehow still on the show; I really like the connection to Cullen's past.

Durant is truly cold. No hesitation about wanting Elam to kill Cullen for robbing the train, but when he needs something from him, a punch in the face will do for retribution. Whatever serves him best. --I half expected Durant to throw his relationship with Lily in Bohannon's face. Then again, I can see him waiting for an opportune moment to casually reveal it with the greatest impact.

Things are going to be very interesting between Cullen and the Swede, with him taking over his rail car and his job as well. The Swede looked almost joyful to see him back where he can get at him.

Doesn't look like Elam will handle it well, either, telling Cullen he'll need a gun. Elam seems to be feeling a lot of pain over his "almost" position. The whores seek him out now (last week), and it seems no one questions his presence, but he faces lots of rejection, too. He's quite a drinker now. Or maybe that's no pain he's feeling.

Sean continues to be slimy. Wonder where Mickey was.

Whoa, Lily, hiring Elam to kill the killer! Seems like there's still something more to her concern than feeling like a whore herself. That was drastic --Would have liked a bit more than "you were the last customer" as proof of the guy who killed the prostitute. Of course, he conveniently admitted it, but that was a bit thin otherwise. That knifing went on forever! Ugh.

Glad Eva is back with the main group. Mr. Toole's days may be numbered, whether by dismissal or death.

I really like the character stuff they're doing so far. The growing depth is definitely a good thing. Lots of conflict to come.

Edited by ShortTimer, Aug 19, 2012 @ 10:21 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Aug 19, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

Even though I saw it coming a mile away, I totally was grinning from ear-to-ear at the end, when the train pulled away and the Swede was standing there staring at Cullen. This is going to be fun!

Aww, the Swede and Reverend Cole are bonding! I guess the crazies have to stick together in this place. It works; I'm finding those two very entertaining together.

As I suspected, Durant saves Cullen in the end because he may have killed someone and has way too many anger issues, but the man does know how to get things done. But I have a feeling this is far from over. I also suspect Durant is waiting for the right moment to "reveal" his relationship with Lily to him. And Elam's role in all of it could get it ugly.

Loved Lily standing up to Sean. And her hiring Elam to find and kill the whore killer was surprising. I wonder if Eva really did suggest to ask Elam, or if she thought of that on her own. Either way, while I'm not a fan of her sleeping with Durant, she's really become intriguing and the actress is doing a great job.

Well, that was a quick way to get Eva to join the main group again. Looks like Toole is also still around for now. Noticed though his darker, racist side came out for a bit, by the way he was treating Joseph over the Indian attack. I wonder if he'll slowly turn back into that guy again.

Next episode just looks insane. Can't believe this was the same show that was very slow and boring in it's earlier episodes last season. It really has improved in my eyes and I'm already looking forward to next week.

Edited by thuganomics85, Aug 20, 2012 @ 2:10 AM.