Well There's Nothing to Say I'm Wrong: Theories You've Had That Never Saw the Light of Day

• Please log in to reply

106 replies to this topic

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Here's one I've never seen, about a show that doesn't really have a fandom: Original Law & Order.

As everyone (by which I mean, the handful of us that post on the L&O section of this site), knows, the show was unexpectedly cancelled after its 2oth season. Had it had a 21st season, the actress that played Connie would have been pregnant during the filming.

My theory is they would've written the pregnancy into the show and Mike would have been the father.

Since the show got no media attention towards the end, and the average viewer was an 85-year-old-man who is terrified of the internet, I've never seen any speculation on it. But that's what I think they would've done. They were itching to write romance and sexual tension between Mike and Connie and this would have been a perfect excuse.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

I've been watching a new Australian show called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, and I think the awesome theory about Jessica Fletcher being a serial killer applies pretty well here, too. It's about a female private detective in the 20s, but the thing is, she pretty much never just gets approached with a case. She always just happens to be there around the time someone drops dead (episodes 2, 3 and 4) or the victim was someone she had a connection with (episodes 7 and 8) or both (episodes 1 and 6). Then she'll start investigating, sometimes convincing someone or other to hire her, sometimes to avenge the deceased or prove a friend's innocence. So I've decided that she's killing people and finding elaborate ways to frame an innocent both because she gets a kick out of fooling everyone, and to build up her reputation as a private detective. She either gets confessions by paying off the patsy or threatening them into submission. And maybe she helps fool the actual cops by getting her maid Dot to drug their food and beverages every time they come over, which is a lot, preventing them from thinking clearly and realising she's the actual culprit.

I'm also highly suspicious about the teenage foster daughter's whereabouts. She lives with Miss Fisher, and half the show takes place at Miss Fisher's house, but we haven't caught a glimpse of her for the past four episodes, with no explanation whatsoever. I have to entertain the possibility that she found out what was going on and was subsequently murdered and buried in the backyard.

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Here's another theory from Law and Order:

The real reason Jack McCoy didn't sleep with his assistants after Kincaid (aside from Claire's dying) is Diana Hawthorne. She used her affair with Jack to hide evidence of a man's innocence in a murder case, and then tried to accuse Jack of being involved when she was found out (which nearly destroyed his career). That may have soured Jack on sleeping with his assistants, which was cemented with Claire's death.

Look at his reaction when Cutter goes on his rant about Connie's sleeping with an attorney in For The Defense. He may have agreed with Cutter on this.

Edited by Unknown, Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:16 PM.

GreekGeek

GreekGeek

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

I mentioned this on the "Gilligan's Island" thread, but I (and others) have speculated that Gilligan was Maynard G. Krebs' middle initial. His stupidity could be attributed to the drugs he ingested as a teen.

I thought another reason for Marie's favoritism of Raymond over Robert was that Robert must have been a difficult delivery because of his size. At one point, Marie refers to him as a "13 pound baby." She exaggerates, no doubt, but still...

Keeping in line with the Killer!Jessica Fletcher theory, I wondered if it would turn out that Monk killed Trudy. Slightly OT, but I was sorry that there was never a Columbo/Monk crossover, where Columbo mistakes Monk's odd behavior for guilt, and Monk is driven to distraction by Columbo's sloppiness. Columbo would try out his cat and mouse techniques on Monk until Monk proved his innocence (this doesn't fit with my other theory, I admit) and the two would pool their brilliance to catch the real killer.

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

After Monk and Columbo joined forces they could have gone east and proven that Jessica Fletcher was a serial killer. That would make a great show and I would definitely watch it!

crowsworks

crowsworks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I always thought they would go with the Neal and Elizabeth were related on White Collar. The actors shared many facial expressions and I wondered if her husband had somehow found out and helped Neal when he could. He said he loved brilliant people like his wife...and Neal.

The guys from Terriers defied expectations and turned south to Mexico. There, they are hanging out on Andy and Red's old fishing boat, between getting involved in goofy investigations.

cheryl1213

cheryl1213

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

After Monk and Columbo joined forces they could have gone east and proven that Jessica Fletcher was a serial killer. That would make a great show and I would definitely watch it!

Count me in!!! I totally loved the way Monk's disorders really led to his success in solving crimes. Columbo has his own notable flash and we all know Jessica was a serial murderer...way too many coincidences there!

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

I would, however, be rooting for Jessica to come out on top in the end.

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

How about this one: Lennie Briscoe had his daughter's killer killed.

We know that at the end of Season 8, he got an offer from an informant to get rid of his daughter's killer. In the next season, his daughter's killer was killed by an unknown person. I've always thought that Lennie did accept the offer to have him killed.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

I've always thought Miss Parker and Broots moved in together after the Pretender was over and now they live as a happy retired couple tending Broots's grandchildren.

Also, they never married, because it's Miss Parker and all.

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:49 AM

Here's two, from Degrassi of all places.

The real reason why Spinner treated Paige and Rick like crap in season 4 is that they (indirectly and directly) caused Terri to leave. Think about it:  in season 1, Paige (before she reformed) enabled Terri to get drunk and blow her chance with Spinner.  This eventually led to her abusive relationship with Rick, which caused her to leave.  What if Spinner had found out from Terri that Paige had gotten her drunk before Terri left?  This would certainly explain his behavior towards Paige and especially toward Rick. It also explains why he went along with Jay in framing Jimmy (not that I think he would have done it if he knew Rick had a gun) for the prank:  he thought Jimmy had forgotten what had happened to Terri.  

Another theory is that Fiona was a closeted lesbian (until season 10).  Remember, she went out with Riley (who did come out as gay) and kept his secret, even when he treated her like crap (though he was a saint compared to Bobby).  When Riley told her "Too bad you can't cure bitch!" she didn't out him.  This also explains why she stayed with Bobby when he abused her: it was better than facing her true self, or so she thought.  It also explains why she had drinking problems:  she felt that she had to be the perfect girl (and that meant, maybe in her mind, not being gay).  And look at her kiss with Declan in Degrassi Takes Manhattan.  It wasn't meant for Declan; it was meant for Holly.  She wanted to break them up so she could have Holly J to herself.  In Chasing Pavements, she finally admitted who she was and her problems (largely) vanished.  Others sensed she was a lesbian, too:  Adam (formerly Gracie) broke up with her in part because he figured out she was a lesbian before she admitted it.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Unknown, Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:53 AM.

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

After Pam's accident on Dallas, they were going to have Margaret Michaels play Pam, but, for some reason, it didn't work out.

Here's why it didn't work out, IMO:  The Miss Ellie fiasco.

After Barbara Bel Geddes had a heart attack, Donna Reed played Miss Ellie, because it was thought that Bel Geddes had retired.  When Bel Geddes became well enough to return, Reed was fired (she later settled for about a million dollars).

Here's the problem:  Reed, through no fault of her own, became one of the most hated replacement actors/actresses ever.  Viewers liked Bel Geddes, and hated Reed for replacing her (what was Bel Geddes supposed to do, stay on and risk her health?). 

That's why, IMO, the Dallas creators decided to have Pam leave, since Victoria Principal was leaving anyway and they feared another replacement fiasco.  Why they couldn't have just killed Pam off, I don't know...

Edited by Unknown, Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:51 PM.

daniel82

daniel82

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

Reed's Ellie wore designer gowns and seemed a lot less tethered to the ranch.  If the producers had tried to stay true to the character, regardless of Reed's more glamorous image, perhaps Reed would not have gone over quite so badly.  With Dallas already bleeding viewers due to the Bobby in the shower fiasco, they cut their losses and dumped Reed in favor of bringing Bel Geddes back rather than trying to correct their mistakes in over-tailoring the role to the new actress.

So my theory is that if Reed had been allowed to stay on longer, they may have gotten Ellie back into her gingham house dresses and pouring coffee in the dining room, allowing people to accept Reed in the role.  

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Donna Reed was just so passive and demure in her portrayal. Bel Geddes' Miss Ellie was a strong, occasionally fierce ranch woman type. I seem to recall them reminiscing in-show about a time she got so mad at Jock that she went after him with a bullwhip. Try as I might, I can't imagine Donna Reed's version doing that.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 3:31 PM

With Dallas already bleeding viewers due to the Bobby in the shower fiasco, they cut their losses and dumped Reed in favor of bringing Bel Geddes back

Bobby in the Shower didn't happen until after Bel Geddes returned to the role, though. The season ender of the "dream season" was Pam opening the shower stall to see Bobby--and Bel Geddes was playing Miss Ellie that year.

Edited by Scorpiosrule, Sep 30, 2013 @ 3:31 PM.

daniel82

daniel82

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 7:34 PM

Oh, I'd assumed DR being dumped was part of the dream season panic. I recall reading that Hagman really wanted her out.  Frankly I was more of a Knots Landing fan anyway. [/blush]

Speaking of which, I always nursed this plot idea that Val did not get back the "correct" twins, that everyone just accepted the babies as hers too easily and did not do proper tests to prove their parentage since she was so keen to keep the true paternity a secret.  The two involved in the kidnapping ended up dead (Easton, the man who put Dr. Ackerman up to the kidnapping, as well as Ackerman himself).

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

I posted this theory in the Magic City thread before it was canceled, and now it's perfect for here.

Magic City's take on the Kennedy Assaassination:

After years of being snubbed by Jackie Kennedy, Vera is enraged and organizes Jackie's assassination.  However, the assassin bungles the job and shoots JFK, not Jackie.  Oswald threatens to expose the truth, so Vera gets Ike to get Ruby to shoot Oswald.

It was obvious if Magic city lasted long enough they'd have a plot line around the assassination.  Early in Season 2, which takes place in either 1959 or 1960, Ike just happens to be sitting next to Jack Ruby when flying back to Miami from Havana (no word on whether LBJ was flying the plane or Judith Campbell Exner was one of the stewardesses).  Plus, Vera, Ike's wife, was a bit of a social climber.  She repeatedly tried to get Jackie to visit the hotel for some kind of charity lunch, and Jackie would always cancel at the last minute.

So why not do something different?