3-13: "NS" 2010.11.30 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

176 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 3:00 AM

From ZAP2it:

The ATF and the Russians prove obstacles as the club looks to heal old wounds.

The Season Three finale is ninety minutes.

happy turtles

happy turtles

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:33 PM

“This is what she felt.” Oh, Opie! *sobs*
I don’t know what was a bigger Hell Yeah moment…that, or Chibs slicing up Jimmy. That whole scene has to be my favorite SOA moment ever.
Still processing most of it, but one other minor thing was bugging me. Was that Sutter playing Otto? He looked very different than I remembered him.

TerryMcT

TerryMcT

Couch Potato

Wow, that ending made up for the trip to Belfast. I honestly thought they'd shoot Unser, with his approval, as a way to end his pain.

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Well, the bitch Stahl is dead, among other things.

lottiedottie

lottiedottie

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:35 PM

Ding dong, that bitch is dead!

So I'm supposed to believe that these bumbling idiots, (the club) who couldn't do a damn thing right all season, suddenly pulled off this Very Big Deal? These are the same people that let Salazar live as long as he did? And couldn't find Abel? Honestly.

Thank god that Stahl and Lucky Charms are GONE.

TerryMcT

TerryMcT

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:36 PM

Chibs HAD to be the one to kill Jimmy. Had to. Good ending for the Jimmy character, much better than catching a darn plane to Hungary.

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

So, am I satisfied? In a sense, yes. But also no. Because as much as Chibs and Opie got their victories, they were extremely hollow ones. Well, not so much for Chibs considering I don't think anyone will miss Jimmy O. and he did deserve some what he had coming to him. But I was hoping that he would have the good sense just to stop at cutting Jimmy's face and be satisfied with that. I should have known better. At least his family is safe-for the time being.

Opie, on the other hand, might as well have thrown his future away. He may have won the battle but he lost the war. Killing Stahl may have satisifed some urge of his need for payback but he only killed the woman who setup the circumstances that led to Donna's death-not the two who are actually responsible (at least not yet, we hope). Trouble is, unlike Jimmy, Stahl will be missed and people would start asking questions. That cover of it being an Russian or Irish attack will probably only work for so long. To think, only a season earlier, he showed the same woman mercy for the same reason. I used to think that Opie might have had a chance to survive and overcome all of what might be coming but now I'm not so sure. If he does survive, his future is either going to be living inside a small cell for the rest of his life or to be laid to rest in a pine box after a possibly violent death. Either way, it's not good for the future of his family. He certainly didn't take his children into account when he executed for her which is going to make it much harder for me to believe that he truly cares about them. Either way, I don't think I'll be able to root for them the same way that I did before-if it all.

Stahl and Jimmy O. both learned the hard way that karma comes around (it seems Jimmy also learned that there really is no honor amongst thieves either). It cost them their lives. No one in SAMCRO should think that they are immune either because sooner rather than later, it will come for them too.

Anyway...I wish this show would stop doing music video style opening for their episodes. It's kind of annoying. Also, show, stop trying to make me like Lyla. It hasn't worked, it isn't working-and now that she's rather foolishly said yes to marrying Opie so soon-it never will. It's just another reason for me to think she's as stupid as Tara for sticking around-unless she has other motives which wouldn't surprise me. Let's just see how long this disaster lasts. I find it hard to believe that someone who is suppsodly such a good person would stick around once he starts telling her what he does as part of his livelihood. Either way, she's either going to be Luanne 2.0 or Mary 2.0. I'm leaning toward the former and that's also not good for her. I also think Opie really married her to watch his kids so he wouldn't have to and if anything happened to him, not so much for actual love but convienience. She certainly got over her Donna issues quickly enough, didn't she? Will he find out her dirty little secret? Will it even matter? If they are going to keep her around, at least make her interesting.

Kozik's little inside joke about robbing banks was pricess. It's a shame he didn't do much of anything-yet again. But at least this gives hope he will be back next season.

It's good to see Otto but at least he knowns his time is over. Another casualty of SAMCRO. I think he lost the will to fight when Luanne died. Opie should pay attention though. Otto's life may very well be a taste of things to come for him.

It's pretty much a given now that Gemma and Clay had John Teller killed and we also know for certain that if she had to choose between Clay and Jax, it's her baby boy all the way. Probably because she can control him better. It's all about her after all. Hell, she turned on one husband so easily...what's to stop her from doing the same to Clay if it came to that? It didn't surprise me that they had JT killed, it is part of their Hamlet archetypes after all, but when Jax finds out is when things really get started. That is if Gemma doesn't find those letter first. Let's just hope Tara hides them well. At least someone might open their eyes after reading those letters and realize that mommy devours her young if they cross her.

I miss David Hale. This show needs someone righteous to balance things out and this episode proved it. We need someone to root for. Let's hope S4 gives us that as well. Because Unser is definately out of that running after tonight.

Do you know how much I hate these 90 min. episodes (all of those damn long commercial breaks)? This could have been trimmed down to sixty easily since yet again it was only the last part of the episode where things got good. I guess I got two out of three...sort of. However, this episode was a lot better than most of them this season so I guess that counts for something. It should also make for an interesting season four. We can only hope.

Edited by sekhet7, Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:49 PM.

Jampsy

Jampsy

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

I am a dedicated fan, I have both seasons on DVD, I have watched every episode at least 2 times, but that was amazing. Opie getting revenge for Donna was breathtaking, and watching Chibs turn the knife was incredibly rewarding. Bumpy start to the season and Belfast could have been so much better but that was my favorite episode of the entire show by far.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:40 PM

In literally every single scene with Stahl, I was thinking "Her face is SO FUCKED UP." I don't know what Ally Walker does to it (Botox and cheek fillers? Are those a thing?) but it's a mess. Only one half of her mouth moves, her forehead doesn't move, her cheeks look swollen ... she looks like the Joker when she smiles. She's on some Lara Flynn Boyle shit. I'm very glad to be rid of her. I'm sure Ally Walker is a lovely person, but I can't stand looking at her.

Chibs slicing up Jimmy made me scream. I'm watching Family Guy right now to cleanse the palate before I go to bed.

Also, show, stop trying to make me like Lyla. It hasn't worked, it isn't working-and now that she's rather foolishly said yes to marrying Opie so soon-it never will.

"Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen!" I agree, Lopie whatever.

So I'm supposed to believe that these bumbling idiots, (the club) who couldn't do a damn thing right all season, suddenly pulled off this Very Big Deal? These are the same people that let Salazar live as long as he did? And couldn't find Abel? Honestly.

Right? I was thinking "NOW y'all grew a collective brain?"

mathhater

mathhater

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:43 PM

I enjoyed seeing Stahl getting killed a little too much. Ally Walker was brilliant in the role. Hurst was great-'this is what she felt" Amazing acting.

So the whole thing was a con to get Jimmy and Stahl offed. Didn't see that coming.

Tara looked terrified after reading that letter, like she finally realized what she was getting herself into.

lottiedottie

lottiedottie

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:48 PM

So the whole thing was a con to get Jimmy and Stahl offed. Didn't see that coming.

Because it was utterly ridiculous! LOL Don't feel bad. ;)

Tara looked terrified after reading that letter, like she finally realized what she was getting herself into.

I'm guessing the thought that was running through her mind went a little like this, "I knew Gemma was a crazy bitch but I guess I underestimated just how crazy!"

Please, please let next season not be the Season of Jail. That would suck worse than Ireland.

Any word on where Jimmy's other right hand man was? Luke? Was that his name?
And did anyone catch what Maureen's note actually said? I couldn't catch the last two words.

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:49 PM

Well...

Still absorbing it all, this was the show about the boxing, right? Oh wait - that was just every commercial break ;)

I don't know if i'm grasping at straws here, but a common theme i see on this board is "more Juice and Chibs" - wish granted.

I mean, we KNEW it was to be Chibs to give Jimmy his comeuppance, but in the "Jax is a rat" scene, it could have been anyone to lash out, but they gave that honor to Mr. Lightning. Just makes me wonder if the writing crew listens to the community.

Wayne Unser may have surpassed Tig as my favorite on the show. Wow. What a dude. "I think you should really take some."
Agree with the grim future for Opie - how are they going to cover up an ATF agent kill? Wait - I think i've got it - Unser sets up the notion that Jimmy's men are coming, and Jimmy gets whacked to prevent him ratting, Wayne takes a hit to make the struggle look real, and Chibs leaves the IRA cross signal.

Nevermind, i think they get away with it.

Sabine Lavine

Sabine Lavine

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:50 PM

Tara sure is following in Gemma's nosy footsteps. I hope she doesn't do anything stupid like keep those letters from Jax.

I LOVE that Chibs got to kill Jimmy. I was practically jumping up and down thru that whole scene. This ridiculous season finally delivered, better late than never I guess.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:52 PM

Yeah; I was kind of hoping that they would kill Uncer too; either a mercy killing type deal (what with the cancer and being forced into retirement/Charming PD being shut down) or for the sake of showing Clay is an evil bastard as far as ordering Uncer's execution as punishment for his brief betrayal of the group.

I just found it funny though that Stahl begged for her life while Jimmy went to his death without much fuss. I'll miss both villains, especially Stahl.

I like that Jax kept Gemma out of the loop regarding his planned triple-cross of Stahl. Gemma would have screwed it up, no doubt, but at the same time I find it weird that Jax would put his mom through a potential heart attack inducing ringer like that.

Disappointed that most of the subplots didn't get followed up on (the election or Kozik/Tig) save for Lyla's ascension into the inner circle of the club.

Finally, I do kind of wish that they would have tossed in a new plot twist of sorts for the letters besides what everyone already had figured out about John Teller's death. Maybe pull a twist on the whole "Jax is Clay's kid" thing via revealing that Jax's younger brother was really Clay's kid and that was why John Teller cheated on Gemma and wasn't around when the kid died (IE he had basically written the kid off after finding out that he was the result of his best friend fucking his wife).

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:56 PM

Any word on where Jimmy's other right hand man was? Luke? Was that his name?

Dead. and wrapped in plastic sheeting, a la Dexter Morgan

And did anyone catch what Maureen's note actually said? I couldn't catch the last two words.

Paraphrasing, but "I thought you should know John Teller like I did, Maureen"

I LOVE that Chibs got to kill Jimmy. I was practically jumping up and down thru that whole scene. This ridiculous season finally delivered, better late than never I guess.

And when he went for those blades, taking just a second too long, i was thinking, "he's taking off the kevlar vest, as is going to drag this out, Scottish pub style (remember, kids, Chibs is from Glasgow ;) ) then.nope, Inigo Montoya, snick snick, you're a dead man, Jimmy O.

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:57 PM

Agree with the grim future for Opie - how are they going to cover up an ATF agent kill? Wait - I think i've got it - Unser sets up the notion that Jimmy's men are coming, and Jimmy gets whacked to prevent him ratting, Wayne takes a hit to make the struggle look real, and Chibs leaves the IRA cross signal.

Nevermind, i think they get away with it.

Ha ha. This is SOA after all. SAMCRO never pays in the usual ways. Opie will have to pay for what he has done one way or another. Also, now that he's killed Stahl because of her part in Donna's death, he has to go after Clay and Tig as well or he will look like a hypocrite. If that part of what happened ever got out to the other charters, it would practically be forced on him. That's the thing with vengeance...can't have it both way or do it half way. It's all the way or nothing. Revenge is a road with no end after all.

Also, as stated by others, SAMCRO is not exactly a brain trust. Some part of this will come back up. It's like with Kohn...buried but waiting to be uncovered.

Please, please let next season not be the Season of Jail. That would suck worse than Ireland.

SOA is planning a time jump for S4 so I think it will start soon the day they are released onto a whole different Charming.

Edited by sekhet7, Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:59 PM.

Trojangirldance

Trojangirldance

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2010 @ 11:58 PM

Given how annoyed I have been most of this season with the events and writing, I was a bit leary of tonight's finale, even made the comment it won't be any good except the last ten minutes. I got that part right but I was able to sit through the other 80 minutes for one main reason--very little Gemma and Tara in the finale! The finale was about the club and the outlaw biker menality, not family problems, not let's fix where Gemma and Tara have screwed up again, not women problems, etc. That is what I loved!

Also even with the overall blahness of this season, the music has been very good and tonight's was no different.

Allie J

Allie J

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:01 AM

I think I just heard every Chibs fan scream "HELL yes!" at once. Oh, but Opie. I was so sad for Opie.

Loved the music telling us "There's more to the picture than meets the eye." That's when I knew for sure the screaming fight was all an act.

Squirrtle

Squirrtle

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:03 AM

I have to say I think I kind of love the episode. It might be that my expectations have been a bit lower this season but I think they pulled this finale off. I loved that Jimmy and Stahl got what they deserved. Finally for Stahl. But seriously? Could you die with a little less dignity? Jimmy O may have been a bastard but at least he wasn't blubbering to his death. I love that it was both Chibs and Opie that got to do it. Convienent that they just happened to not have to go to jail, but whatever. I cheered.

I think the one thing I really didn't like it the JT VOs. The more of those there are, the less I like the character of John Teller. Am I supposed to feel sympathy for him? Because I don't. I didn't mind him when it was just the journals. I get a change of heart and philosophy but with these letters, he just annoys the crap out of me. For some reason I get the impression that when Tommy died JT probably acted like it affected only him. His son, his grief, and no one understands.

I'm thinking JT was a rat then Clay and Gemma found out, then JT died. From the way that Gemma was talking to Stahl it seemed to imply as much. I honestly don't have a problem with Clay and Gemma having caused JT's death. I don't care about him. I don't even like what I know so far. He seemed like a douche.

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:03 AM

Help me out with something though - just hit me.

After the Jimmy O and Stahl offings, Kozik and Opie finr the blue ATF folder - "is that the deal?" "yeah" - tear...

what good does that do? We, as viewers, didn't yet know that Clay and the gang were in on it. and by them tearing it up, that means that the 3 years have gone back up to 15.

After the reveal, we know that SoA is all in one happy prison cot together, but now without a deal?

i'm lost.

Sabine Lavine

Sabine Lavine

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:04 AM

Oh, I also liked the short cameo with Sonny Barger. I know Sutter has used him for ideas/tech stuff, but it was neat to see him on the show. Heh, I can't see that guy without thinking of Hunter Thompson getting his ass beat by those guys back in the day. Good little piece of history there.

Bluturtle

Bluturtle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:11 AM

After the Jimmy O and Stahl offings, Kozik and Opie finr the blue ATF folder - "is that the deal?" "yeah" - tear...

Stahl gave the folder with the reduced sentencing to the Sons' lawyer in the parking lot when ATF picked them up...

The folder Opie and Chibs tore up was the statement from Jax "ratting" out the club/Irish....

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

I think, for the sake of just moving on, that there will be no repercussions with regards to Stahl's death and Opie killing her. And frankly, characterwise, I think I could deal with Opie not having any problems killing Stahl given that Stahl does hold some culpability in Donna's death. If it means Opie getting his shit together after killing Stahl and start being a good father to his kids and such, I could living with it.

Tara sure is following in Gemma's nosy footsteps. I hope she doesn't do anything stupid like keep those letters from Jax.

To be fair, she can't give the letters to Jax at the moment and she sure as hell can't tell him or anyone else what she has discovered. Sitting on the letters is pretty much the only thing Tara CAN do. Well, that AND doing her best to keep up a false front around Gemma, in order to make sure that Gemma never realizes what Tara now knows. And after her reconciliation with Jax, she can't freaking cut her loses and get the hell out of dodge, with the letters and her unborn child in tow as far as leaving before Gemma tries to kill her.

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Stahl gave the folder with the reduced sentencing to the Sons' lawyer in the parking lot when ATF picked them up...

The folder Opie and Chibs tore up was the statement from Jax "ratting" out the club/Irish....

Aha! Makes more sense now

thank you!

Edited by BabyAngelPants, Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:12 AM.

Stupid Juice

Stupid Juice

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:14 AM

Pants... they tore up the agreement that Jax was an informer working for the feds. (The one that Jax signed) Stahl gave the copy of the agreement reducing the jail time etc etc to Samcro's attorney. (The agreement SHE signed)

BellaMarie

BellaMarie

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:15 AM

If I was Tara I would grab Abel and run...change my identity, career, and just run...The smirk that Gemma had at the end was in direct contrast to Tara's horrified look. Gemma's true evilness just came out in waves in those few seconds. Tara better hide those letters. How can Tara act normal around Gemma knowing what she and Clay did to John for the next 14 months?

Why was Gemma wearing an ankle monitor?

Tara and Jax at the beginning...It is what it is...I guess since he's going away for what she presumed was years influenced that...

Opie killing Stahl threw me off a little. I think Stahl begging for her life unsettled me. But Stahl got what she deserved, and her ending was poetic justice.

Messing over the Russians will come back to haunt SAMCRO. I guess SAMCRO will be battling the Russians, Hale, and the new Charming PD in S4.

So not feeling Lopie. Please someone put us out of our misery, and have Lyla decide the MC life isn't for her and leave.

Once again- SAMCRO for most of the season was manipulated and twisted at every turn to where their true authencity as a outlaw biker gang was questioned, but the big payoff, the big s-u-r-p-r-i-s-e is that they were playing Stahl and the ATF all along?

Um how long did it take them get Abel? How many hijinks and twists and turns took place with this crew in Ireland? Really... They're that smart?

I was surprised that Tara read the letters. Most speculated that she would just give them to Jax. Unless they want to create the tension of will she or won't she give those letters to Jax in S4.

Based upon KS- Everything is wrapped up this season, and we head into the next arc/stage next season so I doubt we hear anything more about Stahl and Jimmy's deaths. I guess the Donna issue may be laid to rest since Opie killed Stahl whom he considers to responsible for Stahl's death.

These characters are all pretty much doomed anyway so I'll sit back and enjoy the ride.

Edited by BellaMarie, Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:18 AM.

BabyAngelPants

BabyAngelPants

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:15 AM

Pants... they tore up the agreement that Jax was an informer working for the feds. (The one that Jax signed) Stahl gave the copy of the agreement reducing the jail time etc etc to Samcro's attorney. (The agreement SHE signed)

Thanks SJ!

Edited by BabyAngelPants, Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:16 AM.

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:20 AM

Why was Gemma wearing an ankle monitor?

She's under house arrest for six months thanks to Stahl's testimony.

Based upon KS- Everything is wrapped up this season, and we head into the next arc/stage next season so I doubt we hear anything more about Stahl and Jimmy's deaths. I guess the Donna issue may be laid to rest since Opie killed Stahl whom he considers to responsible for Stahl's death.

Oh I hope not on the Donna issue. That would just piss me off if they just short skirted it like that. That was a major arc for season two and the way they settled it then just bothered me. They need to pick it back up for a better resolution-especially after what happened to Stahl.

These characters are all pretty much doomed anyway so I'll sit back and enjoy the ride.

I think I'm going to be enjoying the doom of some of these characters more than others.

Edited by sekhet7, Dec 1, 2010 @ 1:27 AM.

ttfr1

ttfr1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:28 AM

Wow! I actually LOVED this episode. It almost made up for the junk we got the rest of this season.

While it may have been a mistake that Opie killed Stahl, I CHEERED. LOUDLY! It broke my heart, too, 'cause you could tell he took no pleasure in it. You could tell he was actually weighing what he was about to do in his head. He almost looked like he didn't want to do it but he felt it had to be done. I'm not a criminal :) I don't understand a criminal mentality. A lot of times this show makes me hate the characters because they are all such low lifes. Really. But, like every one is always reminding me, it's a show about outlaws. Opie is an outlaw, born and bred. Stahl and Clay and Tig are the three responsible for Donna's death. I can only hope that when the final season comes that Opie will give them the same justice he gave Stahl. Was he wrong to do it? Of course. Murder is never right. Was it stupid? Probably, but it's within the code he's lived by all of his life. She set the events into motion that caused Donna's death. She was ultimately the one responsible and the code Opie lives by dictates her death. But, more than that, he NEEDED for someone to pay. For whatever reasons, as of now, he can't make Tig and Clay pay but he can Stahl. She's hurt so many, not just poor Donna. I just keep seeing his face and hearing him say that he doesn't have any mercy left and that 'This is what she felt'. It was tough to see but it was so effing awesome at the same time. I also sensed a look of hollowness in his eyes because, yes, Stahl's only the tip of the iceberg. Opie will never feel true satisfaction unless Tig and Clay pays as well. I hope Sutter isn't thinking Opie's kill of Stahl is the end, because that would tick me off. But, for now, DING DONG the BITCH is dead. Thank you Opie. I love ya!

FTR, I think Opie cares about his kids as much as any other gun running, murdering, outlaw biker does. Will he get caught for killing Stahl? Why should he? It's not like they don't kill people all the time. Yeah, she's a Fed but I'm sure they have plenty of folks to pin Stahl's murder on. Either way, more fodder for next season. Besides, in his line of work, jail/prison time is almost a given at some point.

I was also glad when Chibs killed Jimmy O. Jimmy's smug ass thinking he was beating out death. Bwahaha! It had to be Chibs to do it and he did it with knife weilding style. Does he feel better? Probably. Now he knows his family is safe. Jimmy was a huge scum bag. No tears for him

It feels incredibly cold blooded to write how I loved seeing my two faves commit two very cold blooded and gruesome murders but there you have it. I cheered. It was one of the best scenes of the entire series. Easily the best scene of the season, that's for sure.

Not an easy show to watch but these are bad guys. And, I LOVE them. Well, on the show, anyway. If I saw any of them in real life, I'd run.

Also, I totally did not see it comng. The turning of the tables on Stahl. I thought the club really thought Jax was a rat. I was so confused for a while with the switching of cars and then Stahl wanting to see Jimmy and then her exposing Jax as a rat...then Opie Chibs Koszik and Piney in the school bus?? I was like, uh? Wha...? At first I thought they were going to try to pull a 'great escape' with the guys in the police van. LOL Then Unser pulls up in his cruiser...Hell, I thought Unser was gonna kill Stahl and Jimmy O for the club. But then, here comes the big yellow school bus and the light bulb came on. June and Jimmy, you be toast!

I've been raggin' on Sutter all season. Not this ep. He did good :)

Allie J

Allie J

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 12:29 AM

I think I could deal with Opie not having any problems killing Stahl given that Stahl does hold some culpability in Donna's death.

Some? I'd say 99 percent of it. She deliberately made Clay think that Opie was a rat, knowing the consequences that would come of it. I blame her so much more than Clay and Tig. And not just because I love Clay and Tig.

I honestly don't have a problem with Clay and Gemma having caused JT's death. I don't care about him. I don't even like what I know so far. He seemed like a douche.

Heh. I agree completely. It's very difficult for me to care about this situation when the show has spent three seasons investing me in Clay and Gemma and no time at all investing me in John Teller. I sat there tonight and said to myself, "Wait a minute, I'm rooting for Claudius and Gertrude." But then I realized that I was fine with that.

So, does Jax know/think that JT betrayed the club? In his note he said something like, "I would never betray my club. I'm not my father." indicating that he thinks JT betrayed the club. I wonder if the whole club knows this. I wonder if it's even true. And when he went to the grave site, was there a significance to him placing the NS ring out of order with the SO ring? Now I'm thinking he was thinking that his father was a rat and he was saying goodbye for good.

I'm so delighted that they're bringing back the notion of Clay and Gemma orchestrating JT's death. And that song at the end could not have been more perfect for the episode.

On another note, if I had been the guard in that ATF truck, it would have creeped me out when they all started laughing together in the back. I would have been thinking I was about to die or something.

And how about Happy jumping on the back of Tig's bike? I don't know, that just looked wrong.