Transformers: Prime

• Please log in to reply

141 replies to this topic

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2011 @ 9:19 PM

Well he was always a tad..cranky yes. Animated Ratchet was a grumpy grizzled war vet and he had plenty of opportunities to get his grump on.

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 9:43 PM

I was a bit dissapointed to see Breakdown doesn't seem conflicted anymore in the recent ep. I was hoping to see more indecision on his part. Hopefully they won't just spring a side change on us without a decent buildup, but won't forget what they started either.

Shut the Hell up Miko.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

Bumping up because the Hub is hyping the second season, which starts mid-February.

I had lost track of the show, and I wound up catchign up through reruns. If memory serves, the Autobots fidn out that the core of the Earth is actually Unicron, and that's the source of Dark Energon. We get backstory on Optimus . . . he was merely Orion Pax back in the day, and he wound up teaming with the gladiator Magatronus. Natch, they went their separate ways, and Megatronus because Megatron, while Orion became Optimus. Yadda yadda yadda, Optimus uses the Matrix of Leadership to stop Unicron . . . but he lost his memory, and thinks Megatron is his buddy. And that's why the ads have Optimus getting a Decepticon brand burned onto him. Very interesting.

Oh, and there was an episode where Ratchet gets crazy aggro on Dark Energon, and challenges Megatron at one point, calling himself "your doctor of doom." Hysterical.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

For those who missed it, the season opener aired last night. It'll pop up again on The Hub on Friday at 7 p.m.

Short story: the Autobots are fucked. Optimus Prime has regressed to Orion Pax, and Megatron has convinced him that the Autobots are the bad guys, and that Ratchet is -- *mmmheheheeh* -- "The Doctor Of Doom." Megatron's long game is for Orion to go through archives in order to pick out info for . . . crap, I've forgotten. The Autobots try to get more information, and Arcee manages to jump a space bridge to the Decepticon ship, but Soundwave warps her out before Orion notices. In the end, the Autobots are despairing, because part of the plot involves sending Jack to Cyberton, since he holds the key to Vector Sigma (I think), which Optimus gave to him before battling Unicron. Buuuuut . . . Jack then comes up with the idea of letting the 'Cons make their Space Bridge, and then hijack it.

Oh, and guess who comes back to the Decepticon ship, and is shocked as holy hell to see Orion Pax working for the group? Starscream. Things are about to get even more interesting . . .

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

Bumping up again. This week's episode starts the "Operation Bumblebee" two-parter. Basically, it shows what happens when a robot suffers from erectile dysfunction. Okay, it's really the bad guys of MECH (led by Clancy Fucking Brown) zap 'Bee and swipe his transformation cog, which means he can't turn into a car. Which also means he's stuck in HQ, and he's reeeeeeeeallly bitchy about it, to the point where Rachet almost backhands him into a wall. The money shot was Raf offering 'Bee in a video game with him and Miko . . . a racing game. Then they turn on the TV, only to find a car commercial bordering on the obscene. The wide-eyed/open-mouthed faces from all three (well, no mouth for Bumblebee) was priceless.

Anyway, MECH is trying to make their own transforming robots, and Starscream drops by to help . . . I think in order to screw Megatron. Then there's a fight that has Breakdown goading Bumblebee, and the littlest Autobot giving chase . . . by grabbing a pickup truck and trying to ride it like a scooter . . . only to go off a cliff and into next week.

As for "Orion Pax"? Jack manages to get by an Insecticon and a horde of Scraplets to get access to Vector Sigma. In the end, Megatron whips the crud out of the Autobots . . . but, as expected, Jack gives Orion Pax -- who's found his nuts and bolts -- the Knowledge of the Primes. Cut to Optimus Prime, reborn: "MEGATRON . . . BEGONE!" Yadda yadda yadda, Autobots get their leader back . . . and Peter Cullen sold the hell out of that one line, after playing mild-mannered Orion Pax for two-and-a-half episodes. Cullen could say anything as Prime, and it would still kick ass.

Optimus Prime: (finished downloading the Prime Wisdom) MEGATRON!

Megatron: No! It can't be! You're Orion Pax!!

Optimus: It would appear that I have the touch . . .

Megatron: I order you! STAND DOWN!!!

Optimus: I have the power . . . (powering up weapons)

Megatron: It isn't happening!!!

Optimus: (faceplate covering his mouth) When all is breaking loose, I ride the eye of the storm . . . (firing at Megatron)

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

Once again checking to see if anybody else has been watching the show, as it nears the end of the first batch of new episodes. It's been a fun season, with Airachnid breaking loose and getting her own Insecticon army, MECH building their own Transformer (which Niko christans "Nemesis Prime"), said MECHformer crushing Silas like a friggin' bug, Fowler taking military guys through a clips show, and Starscream suffering indignity after indignity. Good times.

Mysteris

Mysteris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

Starscream getting owned never gets old. "_"

And Megatron sure had an interesting day. Pros: Gain an army of loyal Insecticons. Get to make Starscream cry uncle not once, not twice, but three times! Cons: Ship fall down go boom. Just one of those days.

I wonder if Starscream will salvage the T-cog from the clone he vaped at the end to get his own transforming mojo back?

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

I was hoping the Starscream clones would become Thundercracker and Skywarp.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

Considering how many drones or whatever Megatron seems to go through, giving him a fresh and seemingly massive supply of redshirt Insecticons--and taking Airachnid out of the equation at the same time, which I guess counts as a victory for our gang--seemed oddly fitting. I'm kind of waiting to see how Silas takes to his apparent new body, myself...

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Anybody else hoping that Ratchet gives Fowler a device that prevents Decepticons from swiping his vehicles' forms?

Edited by Lantern7, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:10 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

Bumping the thread up. I think the second season is over, if the TF Wiki is to be believed. Nice way to end things . . . .both Autobots and Decepticons hunt down Cybertronian relics in four episodes, and they complete a single timeline when stacked on top of each other. I don't know if "ambitious" is the word, but it is clever. Also, Fowler goes from butt-monkey recovering from a nasty shock (blurting out random crap like "I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER!!!!") to being damn competent . . . .especially this week, when finding common ground with Bulkhead, as the burly Autobot had to dump off toxic material into Mt. Doom. Also: Dreadwing and Prime team up to fight a Juggernaut'ed Starscream, the bulk of Team Prime fights the 'Cons and teams with a subway worker voiced by John DiMaggio (I understand he's very popular), and a reluctant Ratchet teams with Wheeljack to face off against Soundwave and . . .. wait for it . . . Laserbeak. Turns out the birdie 'bot is stuck on 'Wave's chest whne not flying around.

Edited by Lantern7, May 27, 2012 @ 11:44 PM.

Twilight Man

Twilight Man

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

According to Wiki, this is the fourth time that we've seen Laserbeak this series.

I specifically recall when Starscream went up to the damaged Spacebridge
and came across Megatron's comatose body, he attempted to kill Megatron,
but when he heard Laserbeak approaching (who he referred to by name),
he pretended to be concerned for Megatron's condition.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

I'm puzzled that season two, if it really did end with Bulkhead's belly flop of near-doom, had a lower episode count than the first season did. (That said, said belly flop actually isn't that bad a place to end a season--if a trifle lower-profile than, say, an amnesiac Optimus wandering around after killing off frigging Unicron.) On the other hand, this gives me a chance to catch up with the parts of S1 that I missed coming in late...and by then I might be able to forget "I can has cheezburger!" :)

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Quick heads up . . . marathon runs on The Hub all day tomorrow, wrapping up with a new episode at 7:30.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Bumping up to cover the last few episodes. Last Friday's episode boasted the return of Cliffjumper, but it was a flashback episode from Arcee. As Miko pushes Bulkhead through rehab, Arcee tells her about how she and "Cliff" (should I be glad it isn't "CJ"?) bonded on Cybertron and came to Earth. We also got to meet Shockwave. After watching Transformers Animated, I am happy to say that he doesn't look like he's sporting antlers. Also, we are reminded that Arcee lost a partner before Cliffjumper . . . so watch your ass, Jack.

Before that, we had the fallout of the Relic Quest, where Bulkhead almost died from exposure to TOX-N and a blast in the back from Hardshell. To say Miko is pissed is an understatement. So is Wheeljack, who's still a rebellious badass and such, so they go on a vengeance quest. In the end, Miko is the one who fucks up Hardshell, and Wheeljack blows up a shit-ton of Insecticons. Oh, and Knock Out's chassis takes more of a beating after a few drones make the mistake of shitting on Hardshell . . . figuratively speaking, of course.

Dark Child

Dark Child

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

the new epeisodes seem to be much more focused and action orienteated.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

I like how the red stripes on Smokescreen's face resemble douchebag facial hair.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 4:50 AM

Somewhat belatedly: yeah, the stripes do kind of look like full-on mutton chops...

Last night's episode in a nutshell: "Oh, hi, mecha-Silas! Oops--bye, mecha-Silas!" Which was rather disappointing, IMHO; it felt like they were trying to fit an episode and a half, if not two, into one episode (Silas in his new body and his change of allegiance, complete with an implied high body count, could easily have been an episode in itself) and everything just felt rushed as a result.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

When Megatron told Silas that he had earned a place at "the table," I was expecting "kiddie table." I'm glad to be wrong . . . as much as any character voiced by Clancy Brown demands respect, there's something to be said about Knock Out's face at the very end, like he just got a shitload of swag for Cybertron Christmas.

Raf's "study group" . . . so cute. And Agent Fowler does have l33t bathroom-seeking ninja skills, as opposed to saying funny shit whenever he's knocked loopy.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Rushed or not, this was still one of the most messed up things I've ever seen in Transformers. MECH helped dissect Breakdown, have whatever was left of Silas (or CYLAS, as it were) wear his corpse as a suit, then go straight to the Decepticons while acting like this is no big deal. I really wanted to know if Silas had genuinely gone nuts or if Breakdown was subtly influencing his mind.

Knock Out's overall glee about getting revenge was really satisfying to me, but I feel like we haven't seen the last of Silas or Breakdown.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

So. Tonight's episode basically had Jack and Smokescreen enabling each other, and how Smokescreen is still a bit of an idiot. But Optimus Prime . . . damn. The people who post on TVTropes.com are probably rushing to fill the "Crowning Moment Of Awesome" page. To wit:

1. Megatron finds an Iocon relic embedded in rock. It's the Star Sabre, and it can only be used by Primes. Megatron is not a Prime, but he's okay with having a mountain airlifted away, if it means merely keeping it away from Optimus Prime.

2. Of course, Prime gets it. He rushes downhill in truck mode, flies in the air, transforms to robot mode after getting hit, then hangs onto the hilt. The Sabre, impressed by the sheer testicular fortitude (or Cybertronian equivalent thereof) releases itself, sending Prime towards terra firma.

3. Since this might be the most powerful relic we've seen thus far, you'll have to forgive Prime for striking an old-school He-Man pose.

4. Megatron, on the other hand, is as sore a loser as they come. He orders the mountain dropped on Prime's head. The leader of of Autobots responds by slicing it in half, avoiding damage.

4a. The other Autobots cannot believe it.

4b. Megatron . . . dear God, Megatron has a moment of jawdrop. It's a thing of beauty . . . he just stands on his ship, seeing Prime on the viewer, and he is speechless.

5. But wait! Optimus ain't done yet! He whirls around, creating energy, and firing out a shockwave (is that the right word?) that nails the Decepticon ship. If this show wasn't aimed at kids, Prime might have followed up with a middle finger.

Oh, and at the end of the ep, Prime says he's getting a message. From Alpha Trion. Through the damn Star Sabre. And next week, we're promised an epic sword battle between the biggest rivals. Should be fun.

Edited by Lantern7, Sep 21, 2012 @ 6:43 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

You forgot to mention the best part: "Decepticons...we now face our darkest hour." (Yup, even over the fact that the Star Sabre was taller than Prime.) Where'd you get that one, Megs?

Anthony W

Anthony W

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

That was so awesome! I almost expected "The Touch" to start playng! Smokescreen needs a partner, but I think that Jack's Mom would be a better choice than Jack. Something tells me that Smokescreen is going to pull a Hotrod and leave the show.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

Jack's mom is a better partner for Ratchet. Maybe Smoke could get Fowler.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

Poor Optimus Prime. He had the Star Sabre for all of one episode before Megatron wrecks.it. And Megatron had to go all out for it. First, he and Dreadwing took a space bridge to Cybertron. Then then raided the tomb of the Primes, when Megatron helped himself to an arm. Then he got Knock Out to chop off his arm and attach the Prime arm . . . without going into stasis, I might this. All of this so he can use the Forge of Solus Prime and make himself his own Dark Star Sabre. Out of Dark Energon. As big a scumbag as Megatron can be, that's hardcore shit right there.

Anyway, Optimus uses the Star Sabre to talk with Alpha Trion in the distant past. Everybody's favorite openly gay Starfleet officer tells him that the Autobots have to track down the Omega Keys, which would regenerate Cybertron. Most of the Autobots love this . . . until three in particular realize that they'd have to leave their flesh-and-blood partners behind. Arcee and Smokescreen go to Egypt to retrieve the first key, and that's where the big fracas between Optimus and Megatron takes place. The maturation of Smokey continues apace . . . he can still annoy, but he can lie low after he phase-shifts through a wall, let everybody think he's dead (and Arcee to believe a third partner got killed), then snap up the Key and run like hell away from Megatron. Prime is still a badass with his sword chopped down, but Megatron still has a huge advantage in terms of swordsmanship

ztastviz

ztastviz

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Man, I thought Miko was the biggest mis-step of the show, but no, Smokescreen joins the show and proves me so very, very wrong.

Can someone explain to me why they decided to make Smokescreen the center of the fucking show (more than they already have) by making him the final "relic", the thing everybody wants? Isn't that like the definition of a Mary Sue? Do they have any idea how annoying that little shit-stain is(IMO)? Do they really think he's interesting and fun to watch, is that it? I don't get it.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

ztastyiz . . . I'm thinking the writers are Doctor Who fans. Specifically, the 26-episode "Key To Time" mega-arc, where Princess Astra turned out to be the final segment to the Key. And Smokey is okay by me . . . he's just waaaaaaay too eager to impress Optimus Prime and become a legend in his own right.

To review: Autobots, Decepticons, Starscream all tied with one Omega Key apiece. It's just like the Weather Dominator arc from G.I. Joe! And I think that's been airing on late night over on The Hub! Knock Out can be badass when he wants. Bulkhead is smarter than I figured . . . and if he's running below full capacity, that is scary. I do miss the flesh-and-blood members of Team Prime . . . especially Agent Fowler. They don't come tougher. If Megatron drops a nuke on him, he'll just stumble around, mumbling, "Yeah, so I told the guy, 'I ain't afraid of no ghosts!'" And then he'd pass out, still breathing.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

Based on the color scheme, it appears that the Prime whose arm Megatron stole was Rodimus. No one else was ever that hideous combination of magenta and yellow.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

I could have sworn the G1 Alpha Trion, or one of the miscellaneous Primes who didn't rate dialogue in one of Optimus's Matrix flashbacks, had a similarly fugly color scheme...but don't quote me on that. The forearm itself does look like a weird version of Rodimus's, though--which means he never gets any respect in any continuity? :)

As for Smokescreen being or at least containing the last Omega Key...is it too much to hope that Knockout gets to torture him just a little, just to finish the denting of his "Oooh, action! Gimme!" mindset that Arcee started?

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Last night's new episode, though most notable for Starscream's surprisingly cunning plan, also featured perhaps the unluckiest Decepticon ever: a poor drone that got thrown off the flight deck of the warship...who could only transform into a car.