Season Four: What a Long, Strange Ride It's Been

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

124 replies to this topic

Critic55

Critic55

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 17, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

After "Call of Duty," I'm feeling a bit let down about this show. There are just too many dramatic threads that are in progress with no resolution in sight. With Wendy's arrival, there is yet another one. Tig's resignation from Sgt at Arms is another. It seems that this season every character has to have some dramatic conflict with something or someone.

At first, the feeling was: "I hope my favorite character comes out ok." Later it was: "I wonder how this will turn out for this character" Now it's: "I don't much care what happens to any of the characters" There is just too much going on and the show is getting a soap opera vibe.

A good long arc drama can be like a symphony. It is good to have tension building but it is even better when there is a dynamic flow of tension where some aspects can be resolved along the way.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

I get that. I think it's been far too long for all these not-so-terrible secrets to remain hidden from Jax...but, thats what's keeping us tuned in...

Don Lamb

Don Lamb

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

I'm loving S4 so far. I think it might be the show's best season.

Dirndl

Dirndl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

This season is so amazing, it brings me out of lurkdom. Being sick and bored made me go back to read through the first Sons of Anarchy Thread, and I had to laugh at this awesome prediction of kubiac in early season 1:

If Jax seriously hooks up with Tara again, Gemma is fucked.
* Tara arguably is more fit to mother Abel than Gemma, being younger, stronger and a pediatrician to boot.
* Tara is fertile and it's just a matter of time before she gets knocked up with another wee Jaxling. Whereas Gemma's womb is a rocky place where Clay's seed can find no purchase. :) Gemma's not going to be making any competing potential heirs to the throne. Jax is it for her.
* Tara's value system gives Jax confidence that his vision of the club is the right one.
* The larger Jax's own family grows--first Abel, then Tara as Mrs. Jax and then the next Jaxling--the more he has to lose, and the more dangerous and aggressive he becomes to everyone who threatens the well-being of that family.
* In a fight between Tara and Gemma, Jax is going to pick Tara. Tara is the Rules girl. Jax always has to pursue Tara, and so he wants her more. Gemma is the overenthusiastic girl who has a crush on Jax. Gemma throws herself at Jax, and so he takes her for granted.

Besides this post being funny as hell, I think it's amazing how accurate it is in regards to what has happened so far on the show and peaked in S4.

I am loving S4 so far as well, but with Tara being my absolute favorite character on the show, it has also been really hard to watch how hurt and devastated she is. Maggie Siff is such a gifted actress that I am happy that she gets to show her acting chops, but as fan of the character I just can't wait till she finally gets a break.

Don Lamb

Don Lamb

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2011 @ 1:23 PM

I'm pretty sure this was SOA's strongest season so far.