Season Four: What a Long, Strange Ride It's Been
Posted Nov 17, 2011 @ 10:18 AM
At first, the feeling was: "I hope my favorite character comes out ok." Later it was: "I wonder how this will turn out for this character" Now it's: "I don't much care what happens to any of the characters" There is just too much going on and the show is getting a soap opera vibe.
A good long arc drama can be like a symphony. It is good to have tension building but it is even better when there is a dynamic flow of tension where some aspects can be resolved along the way.
Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 8:07 PM
Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 8:06 AM
Besides this post being funny as hell, I think it's amazing how accurate it is in regards to what has happened so far on the show and peaked in S4.
If Jax seriously hooks up with Tara again, Gemma is fucked.
* Tara arguably is more fit to mother Abel than Gemma, being younger, stronger and a pediatrician to boot.
* Tara is fertile and it's just a matter of time before she gets knocked up with another wee Jaxling. Whereas Gemma's womb is a rocky place where Clay's seed can find no purchase. :) Gemma's not going to be making any competing potential heirs to the throne. Jax is it for her.
* Tara's value system gives Jax confidence that his vision of the club is the right one.
* The larger Jax's own family grows--first Abel, then Tara as Mrs. Jax and then the next Jaxling--the more he has to lose, and the more dangerous and aggressive he becomes to everyone who threatens the well-being of that family.
* In a fight between Tara and Gemma, Jax is going to pick Tara. Tara is the Rules girl. Jax always has to pursue Tara, and so he wants her more. Gemma is the overenthusiastic girl who has a crush on Jax. Gemma throws herself at Jax, and so he takes her for granted.
I am loving S4 so far as well, but with Tara being my absolute favorite character on the show, it has also been really hard to watch how hurt and devastated she is. Maggie Siff is such a gifted actress that I am happy that she gets to show her acting chops, but as fan of the character I just can't wait till she finally gets a break.