Elijah: I'm a Special Vampire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

596 replies to this topic

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

Thanks for the pics, he looks gorgeous. Daniel has said that SH and VD film at different times so he can do both. Personally I'd love Elijah to help Elena by teaching her control etc. If not him then Caroline.

Viva Elijah

Viva Elijah

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

Is this just an Elijah thread? Or does it also double as a Daniel Gillies, actor thread?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

I believe it doubles as an actor's thread too, although I wouldn't quote myself on that.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

You can discuss the actor in here, say, to report other roles and the like, but I donít want a lot of personal updates (who heís dating, etc.). Thanks!

Viva Elijah

Viva Elijah

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

The reason I asked awhile back how much we can talk about actors is because I wanted to comment on Daniel Gillies in "Saving Hope." I really tried to give that show a chance, but it's just not very good in my opinion. I'm not sure what its prospects are for renewal, but it doesn't seem like the production schedules of SH and TVD would have that much overlap. Since we know Klaus isn't going anywhere, maybe Elijah will reappear. He was originally introduced as a precursor to Klaus' introduction anyway. I haven't been reading speculation or spoilers so I don't know how likely that actually is.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

I think DG has said there isn't much overlap and that he is always willing to do TVD. I haven't read any spoilers about his character for S4, but I would be surprised if he didn't make an appearance at some point with both Klaus & Rebekah being around.

sadie e a

sadie e a

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

On NBC Saving Hope's ratings seems to depend on it's lead-well watched lead, good ratings, reruns of less popular shows, bad ratings. It's supposed to be highly rated in Canada, though, so who knows about renewal. DG has said in a couple of interviews the 2 shows film in each other's off seasons so there should be no conflict. Personally, I'd like to see Elena turn to Elijah for guidance in her new vampire state. Mostly so he has a reason to be around a lot! Doubt this will happen but a girl can dream.

Janieful

Janieful

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

I've been re-watching Season 2 and was struck by how much more effective it would have originally been to cast Daniel Gillies as Klaus. He is just so much more frightening and methodical than Klaus. I think this is largely the style of the actor and his quiet mood. But I also think they should have switched the characterization of Klaus and Elijah. The big big bad should not have been such a whiney talker. The silence of Gillies/Elijah is much more chilling.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

That's probably the reason why some people thought maybe he was really Klaus. A perfect example of the difference between them was in their long-distance weapons of choice. A handful of coins is so much more elegant somehow than a soccer ball and a set of fence-posts.

Yikes, going back and seeing how calculated, how deliberate everything Elijah did was...what a legendary villain. (And now that you're a vamp, Elena, I'm just saying...)

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

He does make a very effective villain but what I find fascinating is that he doesn't want to be one. If his family is threatened he'll take anyone down without breaking a sweat but he's not without conscience. You can see that from his reaction after setting Rebekah on Elena. He was disgusted with himself.

I think he'd rather go globe-trotting and make the most of his immortality without causing bloodshed. And yeah Elena look around, the man is leagues beyond the Salvatores. Give it a few years ;)

Edited by Albion19, Sep 13, 2012 @ 9:29 AM.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2013 @ 8:59 AM

Is next week the return of Elijah? I really really hope so. I miss discussing him in this thread

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

He is returning and only a few more days to go! Hopefully we'll all have things to discuss then :)

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:41 AM

I always like Elijah when he is on but I've never really missed him but I'm excited for his return. There has been a lot of boring and dreadful scenes this season. I hope they don't save him for the last scene.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 5:55 PM

Where to start? I LOVED seeing Elijah again. Of course, he thought Katherine had changed. It is one of his greatest flaws. This love for the old Katherine. She hasn't been that in a very long time but I was glad to see him call her out on killing Jeremy. I just wished he would've gotten ANGRY about it. His interplay with Becks at the end was really well done, and even the phone conversation with Klaus was also done well.

Of course, he still has the Lincoln MKZ, its definitely an Elijah car.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2013 @ 5:13 AM

I loved seeing him back to! Biased but my favourite scenes were the one's with Elena. The back and forth between them was fantastic.

"I read that in a letter once."

"The writers sounds positively gifted. I'm sure he meant what he wrote."

"I'm sure he did."

And than she crushes him lol. The kiss was also great ;)

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

I just wish ELijah would have commented on the death of HIS brother at the hands of Jeremy. I know Elijah is Mr. Cool and Collected, but I still would have liked to see his response, even if he couldn't get mad at Snowflake Elena over it.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

I just wish ELijah would have commented on the death of HIS brother at the hands of Jeremy. I know Elijah is Mr. Cool and Collected, but I still would have liked to see his response, even if he couldn't get mad at Snowflake Elena over it.

I wish he had as well. When he mentioned losing a brother my mind went to Henrick right away rather than Kol even though he died in Elena's home by her brother and her plan. It was lame that he was allowed to acknowledge Jeremy but not his own brother that Jeremy killed.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 1:10 PM

The only thing I can hope for is that Elijah doesn't yet realize Kol is dead and he is going to lose it on someone when he finds out.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 2:26 PM

Your hope is in vein. The writer Jose Molina already confirmed that Elijah knows about Kol.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

I donít understand why Elijah would be so reticent about Kolís death. He doesnít seem at all concerned that Elena was involved in that, all while continuing to applaud the old Elenaís compassion, and yet, it bothers him that he didnít know about the involvement of Katherine in Jeremyís death.

Iím not really buying his infatuation of Katherine either. I still love his elegance and grace, but I think his intelligence is under fire. Elijah was nothing, if not pragmatic. It seems like now they want to undermine his matter-of-fact self and common sense by emotion. To me, it just doesnít seem to fit with who he is, or at least the way he was introduced.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 9:07 AM

I am trying to understand how Elijah can be so upset that Katherine killed Jeremy and completely indifferent that Elena killed Kol for trying to prevent a FUCKING apocalypse!

What makes it even more ridiculous is that Kol died for Elena's fucking cure that she doesn't want to take anymore!

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 2:26 PM

According to the aforementioned writer the point is that Elijah is upset because Katherine lied to him. Thatís the kind of nonsense you get when a shipping fan girl runs a show.

Edited by Dimiter, Apr 10, 2013 @ 2:28 PM.

Loveee

Loveee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 11:06 PM

I would love to see Elijah's closet of suits. I wonder if they are arranged in sections for each event and day of the week.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2013 @ 8:35 AM

Itís a good thing Elijah was in this episode. He was the only interesting thing. Although, I couldnít help thinking, I wouldnít trust Katherine in any way shape or form, but Elijah would have so much more fun running around with her than he will in New Orleans with Klaus.

Klaus and his whining, and empty threats along with the other over the top vampires in this episode make me appreciate Elijahís understated, elegant, sophisticated, designer suit wearing self all the more. I love that Elijah doesnít stand around pontificating, he just handles things.

Also, Elijah leaving Mystical Falls without giving any thought to Silas, or the MF gang was hilarious.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

Elijah and Stefan should stop wasting their time with their winy loser brothers, who for some reason are favorites of the fan-girls, and be cool together.

Direwolf33

Direwolf33

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2013 @ 10:22 AM

That wouldn`t work for me because while Stefan can be a good character on occasion, he is NO Elijah. The latter is far superior in maturity to any vampire we have ever seen on the show. Coolness, okay, other vamps have that, too, (Stefan wouldn`t be my first or second or third choice here either) though a different brand than Elijah`s suaveness.

The guy can look badass whether he is ripping out hearts or primly fiddling with a place setting.

I did enjoy him in the backdoor Pilot. He managed to embody the "save our family" POV without veering into patheticness, delusion or melodrama. And that is saying something because considering their family, anyone trying to hang on to it should look really pathetic. Elijah just comes across as earnest, maybe misguided but still no pushover.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 11:55 PM

*Sigh* I'm going to suck it up and probably watch this but that pilot was painful. I just can't with the baby storyline. However, on the purely shallow note, he is perfect. That is all. Lol