Blaine: Mix Up the Letters, Eventually, You'll Get Nebali

• Please log in to reply

17109 replies to this topic

Montavilla

Montavilla

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

I think that Kurt would probably have told his father.  Klaine's break-up took place before Christmas.  Kurt wasn't hiding it or his feelings about it.

My feeling during the last Christmas special (when Burt and Klaine came to NY) was that Burt was trying to bring Kurt and Blaine back together. Perhaps because of his own health scare reminding him of how precious time is.  But, thinking about it now, it does seem like there's a part of the story missing with Burt, because he typically gets very protective and angry when Kurt is hurt in any way.  

I suppose Blaine could have become close enough to Burt to support him through the cancer diagnosis without telling him about the cheating.  But only, I imagine, if there was no piano nearby.  There's just something about pianos that brings out Blaine's secrets.  Once he touched those ivories, he would have collapsed in a blubbering mess and confessed everything.  

About the New New Directions, only the seniors really know Kurt at all.  So, that means Artie is the only friend potentially out of the loop in the choir.  The others might be unhappy with Blaine in theory, but they wouldn't have the personal reaction that someone like Rachel or Mercedes might. 

StarsFallen

StarsFallen

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

There's just something about pianos that brings out Blaine's secrets.  Once he touched those ivories, he would have collapsed in a blubbering mess and confessed everything.  

That's hilarious!

caracasd1914

caracasd1914

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2013 @ 3:44 PM

To me it's not the "blame" game that interests me, but the lack of SL development for him  It shows how bad these writers are that with the most screentime and songs how poorly fleshed out Blaine continues to be as a character.

What makes him tick is still an unanswered question, and without any challenges or obstacles we haven't a clue how badly Blaine wants anything outside of Kurt.  It seems his whole universe revolves around "having" Kurt and that is starting to get more awkwardly creepy with the WTF puppet SL.

Why does he need to be engaged to Kurt so young, it makes no flipping sense at all.    Does he even have parents who give a crap that a high school boy proposed to his BF and gave him a piano for his loft...

Edited by caracasd1914, Dec 13, 2013 @ 6:02 PM.

Montavilla

Montavilla

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

Blaine does seem weirdly autonomous.  Even when we met him, he said that "he" left his old school, not that his parents sent him to Dalton.  Nor did they seem to care when he left Dalton to attend the academically subpar McKinley.  

Maybe his parents are dead and left him and his brother a huge trust fund -- based on their stock in jewelry and piano stores in Lima and NY.  Which explains how he can purchase expensive jewelry and gift people with pianos at the drop of a hat.

caracasd1914

caracasd1914

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2013 @ 6:08 PM

Except that After 'Shooting Star' he told Tina he stayed up all night talking with his parents and in 'Feud' he was angry Sue ruined their credit score. I would think they have to finally introduce them with both graduation and the engagement , but it's weird because he seems to operate in this bubble where nothing is financially or logistically impossible to him.

Trust fund sounds about right.

truthaboutluv

truthaboutluv

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:03 PM

It'll be interesting to see who the show casts if they ever do decide to show his parents. I've seen a lot of fantasy casting online and the most popular options seem to be Peter Gallagher because of the dark hair/dark looks and Lea Salonga who is Filipino like Darren.

Edited by truthaboutluv, Dec 14, 2013 @ 11:18 PM.

Tom86

Tom86

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 3:23 AM

Don't see a need for his parents at this point.   Most of the times they have introduced parents it ends up uneventful and  kind of unnescary especially if it was stunt casting, imo.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 4:34 AM

Well assuming he ever does graduate, I think it would make sense for his parents to be there.  I get the feeling though that they may use Burt and Carol to show his bonds with Kurt's family.

Tom86

Tom86

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 6:02 AM

Other kids have graduated without their parents being there.  I don't see them paying for Jon Schneider or Katy  Segal to come back or hire some actors for Tina folks.     So just him having folks there would be odd.

Montavilla

Montavilla

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

It would be cool to see Lea Salonga as Blaine's mother, since I remember seeing something about her wanting to play that part.