alynch

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 9:37 PM

Opportunity arises for Don and Peggy.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

Yay, Joan got a promotion (in title only of course...ha)

"I say goodbye to people all the time", made me feel bad for Glen. And Glen sees through Betty!

If Betty gets rid of Carla, Sally will be the one to suffer.

I remember when Harry cheated on his wife he felt so guilty, now he is chatting up models?

Good for Don admitting he was Dick to Sally.

Henry is getting tired of Betty's crap.

Megan's teeth get brought up! I knew Don wouldn't keep his hands to himself. So this is the end of Faye? I wasn't that big on Faye but Megan is worse! UGH, please don't ruin this show for me by putting them together. Noooooooooooooo.......................this show just jumped the shark. As a middle aged woman it pisses me off that he chooses the young one who eats up all his B.S. - and how long before he tires of her and starts cheating?

Is Faye going to do a Fatal Attraction? I hope she makes Don suffer a little bit. ;)

Loved Peggy and Joan bonding!

Is Betty regretting letting Don go? She actually handled his announcement pretty well.

Joan KEPT THE BABY!!!

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

What the hell was that?

nerdygeek

nerdygeek

Channel Surfer

HUH?

IdesOfSmarch

IdesOfSmarch

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:00 PM

Man, that felt like Bizarro Mad Men tonight. I was convinced Patrick Duffy was gonna walk out of the shower at the end.

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

Damn! So when Don's in love, he sounds like a bad romance-novel hero? Watch out, Megan, he only likes the beginnings of things.

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

JOAN IS STILL PREGNANT!!! I'm SO HAPPY!

And yes I know other things happened this ep, but I noticed a slight bulge in her belly during the "promotion" scene with Pryce and thought to myself how I wish she hadn't had the abortion but thought with grim certainty that MW would have it that she did... BUT SHE DIDN'T!!! YAY!!!!

cycat

cycat

Couch Potato

Oh, Don. Ick. Just...ick.

Although I have to admit I kind of loved how Megan was so cool about the spilt milkshake, causing all the Drapers look at her as though they had no idea how to process it.

Also love Faye's "cut to the chase" moment on the phone. Yeah, why suffer through coffee? Better to rip off that Band-Aid. And she made an excellent point about Don only liking the beginnings of things.

Betty really is the irredeemable ratbag I've always believed her to be. Clearly Henry's got her number, which I'm pleased to see. Even more pleased to see Carla not taking Betty's crap. (I know she's out of a job either way, but I'm glad she got a couple of parting shots in, at least.) Although Betty took Don's news better than I would have expected.

I love Lane. And Peggy. And Peggy & Joan kvetching over smokes.

kraked

kraked

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

I was convinced Patrick Duffy was gonna walk out of the shower at the end.

Agreed! I seriously thought it was a dream. That just didn't seem like Don at all.

MightyMac63

MightyMac63

Channel Surfer

Don is marrying Megan? Christ on a Cracker!

FtMyer7

FtMyer7

Loyal Viewer

Who is Don Draper? Apparently, a sociopath.

nerdygeek

nerdygeek

Channel Surfer

That was a dream sequence, right? I am seriously confused

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

What the fuck did I just watch?

deb50

deb50

Video Archivist

Did anyone else think this couldnt be real??I kept thinking all this was in Dons mind. And when he pulled out Anna's ring, I was SURE this was phony. But guess not. So what WTF was that all about.

peytonroad

peytonroad

Channel Surfer

He's going to break her poor little French-Canadian heart.

Jubeindc

Jubeindc

Channel Surfer

You know it was a bad episode when you kept expecting the whole thing to be a dream.

God, that was terrible. It was rushed, and random, and completely out of character.

Liked the Peggy/Joan conversation though.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

I kept expecting Bobby Ewing to walk out of the shower... this whole episode had a WTF? dream-like sequence going on. Don has lost his mind, officially.

The only part of this episode I really loved was Joan and Peggy bonding - finally. I hope they develop a friendship as time goes on, or at least an allegiance. They can be good for each other.

I knew Joan didn't have an abortion. Totally out of character for her, but oh so predictable.

KMax

KMax

Couch Potato

That was terrible. What the hell just happened here?

larisaa

larisaa

Video Archivist

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Don, you idiot!!! I loved what Joan said to her husband about it. Poor Faye but she dodged a bullet there. "He only likes the beginnings of things"!

The Joan and Peggy scene was my favorite!

And Glenn telling Betty off.

Peggy is amazing.

Pete's expressions.

Joan and the pregnancy.

Carla standing up to Betty.

I am going to miss Mad Men every week.

Edited by larisaa, Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:10 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

When Megan hesitated when Don proposed I figured she was going to tell Don he was rushing things. WHY Mad Men WHY?!?!

rocksolidgurl

rocksolidgurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:03 PM

Really?

No...really?

I wanted Faye to say more to him, more than just "I hope she knows that you only enjoy the beginnings of things," but it seemed like that was enough to keep him awake at night at the end. I really wanted him and Faye to work out. But it seems he's falling into patterns and keeping up appearances yet again. This show can't keep going around in circles...at some point he's going to have to move forward. The Megan thing really came out of nowhere and I don't think it's going to work for very long. But I really, really don't get it. Coincidence that he "fell in love" with her in California? I think not...

Wildhorsesnall

Wildhorsesnall

Couch Potato

I was convinced Patrick Duffy was gonna walk out of the shower at the end.

I was hoping during the whole proposal sequence that it would be revealed as a dream.

This was the most predictable episode yet. Then again, Faye was right...Don was married again in a year. Let's see if she's right again about Don only liking the "beginnings of things."

lacey81

lacey81

Couch Potato

I honestly thought that was laughably bad. So bad I could not stop laughing between rolling my eyes. It was not only the actual content, but the execution was so poorly written, it was comedic.

The only truly shining scene was Peggy and Joan in her office. The rest? OMG, it was like a skit mocking the show.

Charlie Baker

Charlie Baker

Couch Potato

Perhaps not the wow of last season's finale, but pretty satisfying.

Except I saw the proposal coming. Megan, no!

GO, Peggy, GO! Loved the Topaz guys and the brief scene with Peggy and Joan.

As always, the season ends with one wondering where it will go next.

And so we wait...

oceanblue

oceanblue

Stalker

He's been in love with Megan for a while? Did anyone see that? Is her appeal anything more than that she's the antithesis of Betty?

He can be himself with her? She's the one who doesn't know who he is.

We haven't seen the last of Faye, she's going to blow him out of the water.

Edited by oceanblue, Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:05 PM.

DramaPrincess

DramaPrincess

Couch Potato

I'm sorry to say this, but I think I give up. My feelings upon watching oscillated between eyerolling disgust and stomach-churning disgust with these people. The one great minute of Joan-Peggy bonding was not enough to make that crock palatable.

cilucia

cilucia

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

That was a dream sequence, right? I am seriously confused

I was hoping this the entire time...

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

I loved the kids wearing their bathing suits under their clothes. Did Sally have her swim cap in her kiddie purse? I loved this episode, even though my favorite parts are usually in the office.

avast wasteland

avast wasteland

Couch Potato

The minute the niece gave Don the diamond ring, I said .... oh, no, he's going to give it to Megan.

LateNight

LateNight

Loyal Viewer

Greg's got an office in Indochina, with regular telephone privileges - "And yes Honey, they're bigger." ROTFLMAO