8-5 & 8-6: "12 Chefs Compete/11 Chefs Compete" 2010.10.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

36 replies to this topic

la llorona

la llorona

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 11:45 AM

Finally caught up with the second half of this episode (this two-hour formula really doesn't work for busy people) and my G-d-- I can't believe how much Melissa sucks! Broiling the entire supply of beautiful mignon all at once was bad enough... then she had to slice them open while still uncooked so all the juice runs out and leaves them dry as a shoe. What an astronomical waste. That might fly at the Q-Tip Home, but it's enough to get your ass kicked in a real kitchen.

And Boris can't get off my TV fast enough because frankly, it turns my stomach to watch him sweating like the fountains of Versailles all over the food.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 7:55 PM

And Boris can't get off my TV fast enough because frankly, it turns my stomach to watch him sweating like the fountains of Versailles all over the food.

Although to be fair, Gail was "glowing" almost as much, just not to the point where rivulets were dripping down her face.

Must've been one hot day.

jessicafl127

jessicafl127

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 8:52 AM

Jillian reminds me of Cyndi Lauper every time she opens her mouth. Not a good thing.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 10:06 AM

I know hairnets are icky, but I'm not understanding why the contestants are'nt at least requuired to wear sweatbands or something, The hair and sweat falling into the food is disgusting.

justjamesq

justjamesq

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2010 @ 9:24 AM

How do you ruin 23 beautiful fillets in one stupid move and NOT get eliminated on the spot! I thought for sure Gordon would ask for her jacket right there!

Why would you EVER cook steaks en masse like that?

Doesn't Melissa know that people like steaks at different temperature?

Doesn't she know that people like their steaks warm?

That has got to be the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen a contestant on this show do. EVER! (and we all know how much that says) Its one thing to make bonehead mistakes, but to deliberately cook 23 freaking steaks at the same time when they havent been ordered is frieking insane! That lady should be thrown in jail for that horrible waste of gorgeous meat!

Yes! I am madly offended. Melissa, you have leapfrogged everybody on the show to become the stupidest person ever.

Rammchick

Rammchick

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2010 @ 7:44 AM

Why would you EVER cook steaks en masse like that?

Doesn't Melissa know that people like steaks at different temperature?

Doesn't she know that people like their steaks warm?

Was that before or after she cooked all the scallops ahead too? I can understand sort of losing it and doing something like that, because Gordon's screaming (or the threat thereof) could cause you to do stupid things, but to do it twice???

Chazzwassah

Chazzwassah

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2010 @ 3:13 PM

I hate to agree w. Crazy Sabrina on anything, but I have to admit...Melissa was terrible! Seemed nice, but who cooks all this steaks or scallops at once?!

Nona's confessional reactions are hilarious.

I miss JP. This new guy is bland vanilla. And I can't believe he allowed Russell to get away w. being so rude! At the very least, he should have told Chef about it.

The 90210 kids were SO snooty. The girl w. the bob and the boy w. the sweater vest or whatever that was acted like they were 45 year old country club denizens instead of kids. My god! Is it just me or did Gordon sit the "hot" chick next to him on purpose?

I see Nona, Vinnie, Gail, probably Sabrina (ugh), Bob (?), and Trev for the Final Six. Poor Boris (I really do like him and he *does* look like Creed!) is probably next to go. Gail and Nona seem the most competent.