The Real Housewives of Miami

• Please log in to reply

3462 replies to this topic

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

Lenny looks like he gained weight and maybe that's why his face looks so weird now.

Er, no.  His weird-looking face is not from weight gain.  Looks to me like he's doing some kind of stuff to his face.  His nose looks strange -- maybe a recent nose job?  And he looks like he's botoxing & maybe doing other injectibles, which ends up looking even more strange on men.  He may not be young, but he doesn't need these procedures, let alone to go overboard with them.  

Lisa looks like she's from another planet.  She's starting to look like Shauna Sand, who's nearly 15 years older than her.  Here's Shauna -- dead ringer for Lisa, eh?

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Am I the only one expecting Lisa to approach Daysy about being the chosen surrogate?

Well, she was trying so hard to look sexy in her "photo shoot" with Lisa.  Maybe Lenny might have liked those "just smelled poop" faces she was making (she was lookin' oh-so-hot) & he was tempted -- so the surrogate thing may not even be necessary.  Hey Arnie did it with his maid, so you never know . . 

farishta

farishta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

Lisa looks like she's from another planet.  She's starting to look like Shauna Sand, who's nearly 15 years older than her.  Here's Shauna -- dead ringer for Lisa, eh?

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

hahaha, yes she does. I think Jac on NJ's face shape is a later version of the shape Lisa's will be if she keeps going this route.

Also agree that the boob doctor's strange new look has to do with surgery and not weight gain.

Well, she was trying so hard to look sexy in her "photo shoot" with Lisa.  Maybe Lenny might have liked those "just smelled poop" faces she was making (she was lookin' oh-so-hot) & he was tempted -- so the surrogate thing may not even be necessary.

laughing so hard at this description - you nailed her look, Scoobydoobs!

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:47 PM

Well, I didn't till you suggested it, and now I can totally see it happening! Brilliant, persnickety13.

And goodness, if it happens, it will not be handled well IMO and will generate a brand new low on bravotv.

Btw I've been spelling it Daysy too - thought she spelled it that way so I'm relieved to see you do the same.

It certainly would be a brand new low for Bravo...And it would make for just the kind of scandalous PR that Bravo thrives on.  Andy would be wringing his hands in glee at the possibilities, LOL!

I thought i noticed on the show that it was captioned "Daysy," so I'm glad I'm not the only one spelling it this way.  It's so unusual it kind of caught my eye.  

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

Lenny is starting to look like that plastic surgeon that Rob Lowe played in that Liberace movie on HBO.   He needs to put down the knife and injectables.  He looks like a different person that the one who was on the show last season.

I'm starting to think I want to be a maid in Miami.  Lea and Lisa's maids have a pretty good life.

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

I'm starting to think I want to be a maid in Miami.  Lea and Lisa's maids have a pretty good life.

Just make sure cameras are rolling for a reality show. I'm sure most maids jobs  in Miami are not so cushy. Lisa and Lea get to look like they like the little people. Points for them.

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

Lenny is starting to look like that plastic surgeon that Rob Lowe played in that Liberace movie on HBO.   He needs to put down the knife and injectables.  He looks like a different person that the one who was on the show last season.

Wow, Lisa was such a cutie before she got herself all carved, stretched and plumped up; I much prefer her original round nose too. It fit her face better and just gave her such a fresh, fun and unique look compared to her currently immobile plastic mask. So sad that this gorgeous young hottie willingly did that to herself just to keep her plastic surgeon's trophy wife status.

Try as I might, I can't help but like Lisa though; she seems like a very sweet, loving soul who just wants nature to finally take its course and to play the mommy role already.
Even if she's a spoiled princess, something about her lighthearted sense of spunk makes her oddly charming.

I feel the same way about Lea---she may be a nutty busybody bitch, but she seems to mean well, at the end of the day.
And at least she's not a cold, backstabbing bitch a'la Adriana.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:01 PM

Am I the only one expecting Lisa to approach Daysy about being the chosen surrogate? 

I'd think the Hochsteins would be against the idea of Daysy as a surrogate since they did gift her with plastic surgery?

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

I know!  Well, it is still cleaning toilets, making beds & doing laundry, but the perks -- oh, the perks!  Free botox, lipo & plastic surgery.  Awesome!  But if it's from Lenny, I'll pass.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

I'd think the Hochsteins would be against the idea of Daysy as a surrogate since they did gift her with plastic surgery?

A lot of surrogates aren't genetically related to the child that they carry.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

A lot of surrogates aren't genetically related to the child that they carry. 

LOL I'm very aware of that, but why cut Daysy up so she looks right and tight only to have her stretched out again via pregnancy? Stranger things happen in Miami I'm sure, but still...

Edited by prmami, Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:11 PM.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:43 PM

Yeah, Ad found her excuse for the telling the lie & she's stickin' with it-

http://nbclatino.com...ecret-marriage/

I used to find her sorta entertaining.  I'm not diggin' her anymore.  Who could blame Lea if she doesn't want her as a friend now.  Who would?

TheTwoWorlds

TheTwoWorlds

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 12:47 AM

I give Bravo props for really pushing this show to do well this season; airing it after the OC reunion and Lea, Joanna, and Adrianna, seem to have been doing a lot of press. And the second episode did do better in the ratings than the premiere, so I hope it continues to go up. 

But yeah, no matter how Adriana spins it, she's a liar and won't own up to it but she does make for good TV. And her, Joanna, and Lea, have now become the main stars of this franchise. I hope they're all there for the long run (if there is one) and Lisa too. I'd like to see Marysol/Mama Elsa stay as recurring at least. But Ana and Alexia IMO should be cut out; I find both of them to be incredibly unlikable and I think it'll become an issue in the future and would become boring if Ana, Alexia, Adriana, and Marysol, are always on the same team.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 7:18 AM

Wow, Lisa was such a cutie before she got herself all carved, stretched and plumped up; I much prefer her original round nose too. It fit her face better and just gave her such a fresh, fun and unique look compared to her currently immobile plastic mask. So sad that this gorgeous young hottie willingly did that to herself just to keep her plastic surgeon's trophy wife status.

Try as I might, I can't help but like Lisa though; she seems like a very sweet, loving soul who just wants nature to finally take its course and to play the mommy role already. 
Even if she's a spoiled princess, something about her lighthearted sense of spunk makes her oddly charming.

I feel the same way about Lea---she may be a nutty busybody bitch, but she seems to mean well, at the end of the day.
And at least she's not a cold, backstabbing bitch a'la Adriana. 

I agree.  I like Lisa.  She seems very sweet and she has a good sense of humor.  However, I just can't help but think Lenny will dump her in a few years after "creating" another once-beautiful woman.  Clearly, there are plenty of women that are willing to fuck an ugly toad like him to live in a big house and do nothing but shop all day.

Daisy is just weird to me.  Wasn't she going into ministry last season?  Now she's strutting around in a French Maid outfit, running a business while looking not much different post-surgery than last year?  

And how weird is it to have your employer perform surgery on you?  She's a loon in my opinion.

I do love Lea.  I didn't really like her defending those asshole men from last year -- Francis and that other whacko German guy.  But I do think she is a smart cookie and generally a caring person.  

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 7:38 PM

Marysol's tweet from Tuesday morning to Lea which it looks like she deleted:

@leablackmiami REMOVE MY MOTHERS name from your BLOGS!! STOP USING HER 2 PRETEND UR A CARING PERSON.!!! YOU HAVE PROVEN YOU HATE HER#Demonic

Someone asked Marysol why doesn't she just call Lea directly instead of drawing attention to it. Her response? "I don't talk to Satan." 

This might have to do with a video that circulated a couple weeks ago with one of Lea's friends imitating Elsa. Lea was allegedly laughing in the background off camera.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

Don't know what's going on there, but Marysol sounds really intense.  Maybe she has reason to, but fighting with Lea could get her back on the show full-time -- especially if she's doing it to protect Mama Elsa.  This could be a smart strategy.  Go Marysol!

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

OT but what is the thing with using twitter to address people individually? I don't get that...

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

This might have to do with a video that circulated a couple weeks ago with one of Lea's friends imitating Elsa. Lea was allegedly laughing in the background off camera.

Well, damn. That's pretty cruel if Lea was laughing.

izabella

izabella

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

Eh, we don't know what she was laughing at.  People do funny impressions of others all the time and it's harmless. 

Maybe someone was doing their Elsa impression and saying, "I'm going to hit you with my pocketbook!"  I'd laugh, because it's funny, as was Elsa's delivery of the line.

Imitation is not necessarily malicious.

Don't know what's going on there, but Marysol sounds really intense.  Maybe she has reason to, but fighting with Lea could get her back on the show full-time -- especially if she's doing it to protect Mama Elsa

Ugh, please no.  The last thing this show needs is more fighting.  It's pretty much all back-biting and fighting as it is.  And lies.  Lots and lots of lying, as well as fighting and shrieking.

Edited by izabella, Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:21 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

Imitation is not necessarily malicious.

It's possible Lea didn't mean to be hurtful, but that doesn't mean she wasn't (if she did laugh - sounds like her voice was in the video, but not her face). I'm sure Elsa has been the butt of many jokes over the years (I heard several when the show first premiered) and Marysol, who seems to personalize her mother's struggles, likely goes on the defense when she gets wind of it. I know I wouldn't be too happy if a friend mocked my mother, even if the intentions were good.

It probably doesn't help that Marysol and Lea still haven't gotten over last season's tiff.

Edited by PharmGal10, Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:14 AM.

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

Daisy is just weird to me.

I agree, but my favorite moment last season was Daisy comforting Joanna's sister in spanish with Joanna replying "She doesn't know spanish." or whatever her  reply was.

farishta

farishta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

I was curious about the historic society's efforts to stop the Hochsteins from tearing down that mansion from the 1920s.  Found two items that interested me.  The first is from last year's Miami Herald:

http://www.miamihera...ewife-lisa.html

Interesting that the Miami Design Preservation League is focusing on the historic architectural value of the building as one might expect. I didn't see much about it needing to be preserved because of its mistaken association with Scarface (which is what the male Hochstein said I think with ref to why the steamboat tourists were so taken with the building). Isn't there just a chance that those tourists were interested in its architectural history?

The Hochsteins got what they wanted, prob because, as the article states, local precedent "heavily favors" the property owners and not preservationists. The Hochsteins won and they are gloating. That's probably why Lisa so gleefully took a hammer to it in the episode. 

But there seems to be a continuing effort to fight back.  The second piece is more recent, from July 11, 2013. http://miami.curbed....where.php#more. Here's an excerpt:

Meanwhile, the Miami Design Preservation League is in the midst of suing "Boob God" Leonard and his wife, Real Housewife of Miami Lisa Hochstein in yet another attempt to save an iconic 1925 Mediterranean Revival estate by the architect Walter DeGarmo that the Hochsteins plan to demo and replace with an architectural travesty. So, is the Mayor trying to save the day and stop future carnage in response to the firestorm of controversy surrounding the Hochstein saga? Ummm, fuck yeah she is. And in response to every other tragic loss of an architecturally significant single family home in Miami Beach in recent years.

Sincerely hope the MDPL and Mayor Matti win this one.

I think the roach thing and the futon (with a supposed pee stain which certainly couldn't be seen in long shot) was all fakety fake drama. The doll, I thought, was an obvious plant.  And the house hardly looked creepy despite what the boob man said. Talk about the pot calling the kettle names.

Edited by farishta, Aug 25, 2013 @ 3:43 PM.

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

I was curious about the historic society's efforts to stop the Hochsteins from tearing down that mansion from the 1920s.  Found two items that interested me.  The first is from last year's Miami Herald:

http://www.miamihera...ewife-lisa.html

Interesting that the Miami Design Preservation League is focusing on the historic architectural value of the building as one might expect. I didn't see much about it needing to be preserved because of its mistaken association with Scarface (which is what the male Hochstein said I think with ref to why the steamboat tourists were so taken with the building). Isn't there just a chance that those tourists were interested in its architectural history?

The Hochsteins got what they wanted, prob because, as the article states, local precedent "heavily favors" the property owners and not preservationists. The Hochsteins won and they are gloating. That's probably why Lisa so gleefully took a hammer to it in the episode. 

But there seems to be a continuing effort to fight back.  The second piece is more recent, from July 11, 2013. http://miami.curbed....where.php#more. Here's an excerpt:

Sincerely hope the MDPL and Mayor Matti win this one.

I think the roach thing and the futon (with a supposed pee stain which certainly couldn't be seen in long shot) was all fakety fake drama. The doll, I thought, was an obvious plant.  And the house hardly looked creepy despite what the boob man said. Talk about the pot calling the kettle names.

I thought it all looked like fake stuff they put there. I ff through most of that scene but I love to see those beautiful old houses in Miami. So I did peek as they showed the house it didn't look creepy. Great way to put it pot calling kettle names lol.
Lisa just does nothing for me she just seems boring and entitled and that saying a lot with howives.

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 4:27 PM

I bitched all through this segment regarding that beautiful old mansion.

I just don't get it, and not just with the Holstein's or whatever their name is.

What is with people buying these gorgeous old architectural goldmines and the FIRST thing they want to do it tear it down and build their own monstrosity?  

I thought that house was absolutely beautiful.  I agree that some of that shit was staged.  Who the fresh hell has ONE lowly cockroach?  If that place had roaches, those indestructible little bastards would have been all over that house, not just a sole dead one.  I tend to think, too, they were planting shit in an attempt to prove how the house was nothing but a tear-down and was somehow uninhabitable.  I never heard any mention of structural flaws (i.e, cracked foundation, bad baring walls, etc), that would necessitate its destruction.  Ugh, sometimes people with too much money (and ego) just sicken me.

I dunno, I'm not rich and never will be; that being said, if I had the money to buy that mansion, tearing it down would be the very last thing that would cross my mind.  I'd want to sink that money into restoring that beauty back to its pristine self.  Maybe update the wiring, plumbing, etc., but tear it down?  Hell to the emphatic NO.

Judging from the taste of L&L, I shudder for the neighbors in anticipation of what monstrosity they plan on building in its place.  

Edited by Persnickety13, Aug 25, 2013 @ 4:28 PM.

farishta

farishta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

I ff through most of that scene but I love to see those beautiful old houses in Miami. So I did peek as they showed the house it didn't look creepy. Great way to put it pot calling kettle names lol.
Lisa just does nothing for me she just seems boring and entitled and that saying a lot with howives.

ITA, itsmejessica. I don't like Lisa and find her boring beyond belief too, but for some reason I find myself laughing my head off in her scenes. That photoshoot with Daysy cracked me up (Daysy's facial expressions were such a picture - and she just couldn't lose them even after the shooting ended). Then it turns out that Daysy has given Lady Lisa the slip and has figured out a way to hire her own cleaners and stopped working for them, leaving Lisalina in the lurch.  Then Lisa shrieking at cockroaches & pretending she needed to pee in that toilet.  I just know those roaches were plastic and bought at the novelty store.

The whole scene made me LMAO.

I just wanted her to trip on her nasty heels and fall among a carpet of roaches.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 5:32 PM

Okay, this preservation stuff makes so much more sense now. When I was watching the show, I was just like, "Wtf? Preservation societies are in an uproar because it's the house from 'Scarface?' Really???" I mean, I get that a lot of people love "Scarface," and I am a huge Michelle Pfeiffer fan, but it's not exactly "Citizen Kane" or "The Godfather" we're talking about here, this isn't exactly legendary film history. I could not wrap my head around these outraged "Scarface" fans that were coming together to stop the Hochsteins from building their dream home. Silly me, the whole story was more housewife spin doctoring.

farishta

farishta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 5:53 PM

I thought that house was absolutely beautiful.  I agree that some of that shit was staged.  Who the fresh hell has ONE lowly cockroach?

LOL Persnickety.  Were they too cheap to buy even the whole box of plastic roaches? I gather bravoandy's purse strings tighten automatically for Miami, but come on!

I dunno, I'm not rich and never will be; that being said, if I had the money to buy that mansion, tearing it down would be the very last thing that would cross my mind.  I'd want to sink that money into restoring that beauty back to its pristine self.  Maybe update the wiring, plumbing, etc., but tear it down?  Hell to the emphatic NO.

I've been thinking of the contrast between Frederic's work and the Hochstein's (in that blog interview I posted with Fred a few pages back). He buys the Howard Hughes 1929 yacht planning to restore it and turn it into The Great Gatsby (he couldn't know much about the  novel though to choose that ref!). The Hochsteins are out there destroying history.  Lea and Alexia are doing house remodeling. Are they going for a (gasp!) staged theme here, or is it all coincidence 

That Lenny sickens me and Lisa is unbelievably nasty about her money- as callous as Alexia and son. With Lenny there is a definite pattern- he sees something beautiful, eg Lisa, the mansion- and has to break it down and build it back up to reflect his hand. Or whatever. I too don't have wads of money and maybe that's the reason this impulse escapes me.  if I did it would be used just as you say - to restore.

On another note, I have never been to Miami and I'm glad to say I learned something from this show about it re Mayor Matty and the MDPL.

Okay, this preservation stuff makes so much more sense now. When I was watching the show, I was just like, "Wtf? Preservation societies are in an uproar because it's the house from 'Scarface?' Really???"

Yup. The Hochsteins either didn't realize or didn't care how easily their silly like fake line could be challenged with just a little googling. Maybe I got the whole thing wrong, but I just couldn't believe any historic preservation effort would be wasted on something that idiotic. I truly hope this issue will get exposure through the show.  Maybe it's naive though to hope there could be actual social good coming out of bravo for once.

Edited by farishta, Aug 25, 2013 @ 5:56 PM.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

The preservationists are merely trying to protect structures that do have some important history.  Sheesh, I think their cause is a noble one.  

All Lisa managed to do was highlight how shallow & stupid she is.  Clearly, they were trying to make a statement -- or actually Lenny was (it's his money, after all), but he was using the show & Lisa to do it.  Man, Lisa is dumb. I thought Gretchen Rossi was stupid, but this chick is dumber.  Bet her pre-nup must suck.  Doesn't dopey Lisa know she's being used by Lenny?

A couple of dead roaches, a peed-on, dirty mattress & some dated bathrooms don't mean the place has to be torn down.  This manipulative bullshit didn't make their case at all.  And Lisa's name-calling of the preservationists, who are actually doing something worthwhile -- something Lisa would know nothing about, only makes her look like a bigger fool.

Has there been a resolution to this?  I thought there was some court ruling that said Lenny could do what he wants to the place.

farishta

farishta

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

Man, Lisa is dumb. I thought Gretchen Rossi was stupid, but this chick is dumber.

heh, bravoandy should do a poll on who is the stupidest of them all- across all the franchises. And a separate one for the men.

So I'm rewatching the episodes on bravo. Noticed Adrianna's two bangs again, and the alternative to them, which is that strange pulled back hair in a couple of the THs (when she's wearing yellow). How did she do her hair in earlier seasons? I can't remember, but I do know it suited her better..

Also noticed she was in bed with sticky looking lipgloss shmeared on pretending to be sleep. It's a wonder the white bedclothes weren't wearing big pink blobs.  Everything about her is so damn phony this season.

Continuing with my shallow theme:  could someone explain Adrianna's blouse when she is visiting Lea? Is it meant to be split along the back? Even aside from that, it seemed to fit strangely.

btw, tvtrashtalk, in a really funny recap, pointed out that Adrianna actually had an umbrella coming to Lea's house.  Did she just forget it? I I suppose Adrianna does go back to Lea's house in tonight's episode, so we'll find out. 

http://www.trashtalk...-antics/279424/

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the conversation between Lea and Adrianna. Their stories are so incompatible that it's hard to imagine middle ground. For example, was there a time when Lea bought groceries for Adrianna and Alex?  Or was it just a popsicle or two once in a while, as Adrianna says? Would love to know.

Edited by farishta, Aug 26, 2013 @ 6:03 PM.

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 4:26 PM

Regarding the lipgloss in bed, to be fair, all the women they've shown "in bed" have been in full makeup. Last week, they featured 3 different women in their beds, not a hair or fake eyelash out of place.

Scoobiedoobs

Scoobiedoobs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

could someone explain Adrianna's blouse when she is visiting Lea?

I was thinkin' the same cuz I was drifting off when Ad was babbling & making completely no sense.  I kinda liked it, but it was like all of her clothes -- way too young for her.  Looked like something for someone under 25 -- with the print of a 3-tiered necklace.  The print was cute, but the blouse looked kinda strange on her.

btw, tvtrashtalk, in a really funny recap, pointed out that Adrianna actually had an umbrella coming to Lea's house.  Did she just forget it?

No, Lea stole it when she went out in the rain after her.  So I guess they're even for the 15 thou (or whatever the amount was) she gave her for her son's tuition.  So now they can be friends again?  Er, no, that's not gonna happen.  There needs to be some reason for them to fight & yell & scream at each other -- otherwise there's no show.

Regarding the lipgloss in bed, to be fair, all the women they've shown "in bed" have been in full makeup. Last week, they featured 3 different women in their beds, not a hair or fake eyelash out of place.

This is really hilarious.  Lisa was the most done when she was in bed -- full hair & make-up.  But that is her job -- to always look her best (she still looks like she's from another planet to me) & she's got nothing else to do.  I can believe Joanna always looks great, but Romain had his wig on in bed.  Does he sleep with that thing?  The weirdest one was Ad waking with slightly messy hair, but her face fully made up. 

I'd luv to see Alexia in bed.  Think she's sharing one with Herman?  Hmmmm.  Well, she certainly wouldn't let herself be caught on camera without her hair & makeup done.

Btw, Alexia was whining that Lea said she should spend less time on her hair & makeup & more time trying to be better mother -- or something like that.  Did she really say that?  Good for her if she did -- right on, Lea!

Edited by Scoobiedoobs, Aug 26, 2013 @ 5:38 PM.