The Real Housewives of Miami

• Please log in to reply

3462 replies to this topic

dman108

dman108

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:09 AM

Adriana attended Joanna's wedding the other day.  So glad those two (seemingly) put away the nastiness next season because I think they could actually be fun together. 

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2013 @ 6:26 PM

Here are a couple of pictures from Joanna's wedding yesterday: 

http://omg.yahoo.com...-153526497.html

I was surprised to hear Adriana attended the wedding.  Was Joanna at Adriana's wedding or even invited?

Recollected

Recollected

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 2:49 AM

I'm preparing for season 3 by watching season 2 over again and I did NOT realize how much of a drama starter Karent is! I'm on the Bras and Brawls - Part 1 episode, right once Karent hears Joe Francis annouce that he slept with Joanna and Marta, she takes Joe over to Joanna then makes him repeat what he said. All the drama starts right after she does that. I agree with Marysol deeming Karent the carrier pigeon and I'm glad she's gone. Saving Part 2 for tomorrow since it's almost 1AM here, haha.

Eric83

Eric83

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

What annoys me a little is that Karent is the one who asked did he sleep with both of them. All he said was that he dated them. If she had kept her mouth shut it wouldn't have went that far.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 6:15 PM

Quote from Joanna about that episode:

"I don't know what [Adriana's] obsession is with Karent," Joanna said. "What wasn't shown [Sunday] is Lisa, Karent, my sister and I were getting ready upstairs before the party. I received a text message saying Joe Francis was there. I told the girls that this guy started rumors years ago he slept with both my sister and I—which wasn't true on my end—and I said, ‘He's going to start some trouble tonight.' So when Karent heard Joe talking smack about me, of course I want to know."

On one hand it was kinda messy of Karent to do that (her addressing Marysol about the faux fur on Joanna's behalf made me do a facepalm) but on the other hand Joe Francis' reputation precedes him so Karent knew what he was implying and, as a friend, I'd want my friend to tell me if someone like him was not-so-coyly alleging that I was involved with him in more than a professional context (whether people believe it was or was not true is another story).

I would've liked to see more from that party and the Thomas Kramer dinner on the lost footage episode. They could've shaved down the bit about Adriana's acting career instead or shown us more about her art dealing.

Edited by prmami, Jun 16, 2013 @ 6:18 PM.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 8:51 PM

Is it just me or did Joanna look about half pissed off in some of those wedding photos? And why was Romain looking all sweaty??

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

Joanna's wedding dress was so 80's.  Something I would have wanted back in middle school!

Recollected

Recollected

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

Merp.

Edited by Recollected, Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:56 AM.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2013 @ 2:00 PM

I was surprised to hear Adriana attended the wedding. Was Joanna at Adriana's wedding or even invited?

doubt it since she was already married before this last season! LOL

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2013 @ 2:33 PM

Is it just me or did Joanna look about half pissed off in some of those wedding photos?

No surprise, since pissy seemed to be her mood of choice on the show.

Roman is a good-looking guy, but that rapid blinking thing he does is weird.

Edited by jaync, Jun 17, 2013 @ 2:42 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:54 AM

Is it just me or did Joanna look about half pissed off in some of those wedding photos?

Looks like she was going for fierce and missed the mark.

Clips of Ana's cohosting stint on "The View" interviewing the Jersey housewives. She'll be on "The Chew" (a foodie version of The View?) this Wednesday afternoon. With Bravo now taking a percentage of HW's earnings on products they promote on the show I wonder if that's why we didn't see much of Ana's culinary business last season? She's really making the TV rounds lately. Maybe she took a page from Karent and got herself a publicist/agent?

Another clip from The View with Ana talking about RHOM.

FaithsMum

FaithsMum

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 2:38 AM

I'm really happy that Miami is getting another season as I feared it'd be cancelled. However, [snip] I could quite happily do without Elsa so I'm hoping if Marysol's role is reduced so will hers given Elsa is pretty much Marysol's entire storyline.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:07 PM.
"I'm in the minority" is boards on boards

TuneOut

TuneOut

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:31 PM

I could do without Elsa too. Hopefully we won't be seeing much of her!

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:31 PM

Looks like she was going for fierce and missed the mark.

Clips of Ana's cohosting stint on "The View" interviewing the Jersey housewives. She'll be on "The Chew" (a foodie version of The View?) this Wednesday afternoon. With Bravo now taking a percentage of HW's earnings on products they promote on the show I wonder if that's why we didn't see much of Ana's culinary business last season? She's really making the TV rounds lately. Maybe she took a page from Karent and got herself a publicist/agent?

Another clip from The View with Ana talking about RHOM.

Saw the clips you posted and saw her on The Chew earlier today, she is a natural! I could totally picture her fitting in on one of these shows. She seemed especially comfortable on The Chew and had a chemistry with the other hosts.

And as a producer on the show, could you spill some gossip on the new season? (That we don't know yet) :P

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:29 AM

Joanna's wedding dress was so 80's.  Something I would have wanted back in middle school!

Very November Rain.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:01 PM

Saw the clips you posted and saw her on The Chew earlier today, she is a natural! I could totally picture her fitting in on one of these shows. She seemed especially comfortable on The Chew and had a chemistry with the other hosts.

And as a producer on the show, could you spill some gossip on the new season? (That we don't know yet) :P         

I didn't get to see the whole episode but I saw some clips and Ana is really working these appearances.

Retrospectively looking at Season 2, I think she was supposed to be the "Greek chorus" of the cast, kinda like Bethenny, but sometimes it came across too catty and judgy as if she was better than because she wasn't a Miami "socialite." The Lea/Ana feud is a new angle that might play a part in Season 3 but I think if Ana keeps the catty commentary to a minimum, lets the other housewives hang themselves with their own silly antics and continues to play her cards right she may even be a guest judge on Top Chef some time (since I'm sure being a Bravolebrity is at the top of her 'to do' list. LOL).

As for gossip, I can tell you that an unexpected pairing will arise from the upcoming season. Hint: Their names have an 'A' in it. Watch what happens... ;)

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 12:46 AM

I didn't get to see the whole episode but I saw some clips and Ana is really working these appearances.

Retrospectively looking at Season 2, I think she was supposed to be the "Greek chorus" of the cast, kinda like Bethenny, but sometimes it came across too catty and judgy as if she was better than because she wasn't a Miami "socialite." The Lea/Ana feud is a new angle that might play a part in Season 3 but I think if Ana keeps the catty commentary to a minimum, lets the other housewives hang themselves with their own silly antics and continues to play her cards right she may even be a guest judge on Top Chef some time (since I'm sure being a Bravolebrity is at the top of her 'to do' list. LOL).

As for gossip, I can tell you that an unexpected pairing will arise from the upcoming season. Hint: Their names have an 'A' in it. Watch what happens... ;)

Can't wait for the new season! Hoping we get a trailer within the next month. Was there any truth to the rumor that a new housewife was joining the show or is it the same women?

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

Hint: Their names have an 'A' in it.

That narrows it down.  Ana, Marysol, Lea, Elsa, Karent (off the show but still), Joanna, Adriana, Lisa, Marta, Alexia, Romain... hell even Larsa from S1.  Only castmember who doesn't have an "A" in their name is loser Cristy from S1 who doesn't even have an "h".  That tip is so insightful it could have come from Teresa Caputo.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 2:53 AM

That narrows it down.  Ana, Marysol, Lea, Elsa, Karent (off the show but still), Joanna, Adriana, Lisa, Marta, Alexia, Romain... hell even Larsa from S1.  Only castmember who doesn't have an "A" in their name is loser Cristy from S1 who doesn't even have an "h".  That tip is so insightful it could have come from Teresa Caputo.

It was a joke, thus the wink at the end.

I thought it was obvious considering the whole cast has the letter A in their name.

And since I'm not a show producer.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 3:16 AM

Stupid me. I actually read that sentence as the names starting with the letter A.

I just like to joke that prmami is a producer on the show since she always seems to be on top of what's going on.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

Season 3 premieres August 12th. Glad they got the Monday at 9 timeslot. The main cast is shaved down to the five that were at the Bravo Upfronts: Lea, Adriana, Joanna, Lisa and Alexia. 

Preview 

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 2:53 PM

That is some weird editing for a RH trailer. I'm a bit shocked that they reduced Marysol and Ana (Lea had something to do with it?). That or Bravo is trying to save money. It's just weird that Lisa is the only main cast member I'll be rooting for. Adriana and Joanna are great for drama, but Lea and Alexia aren't likeable. I must be in the minority, but I liked Ana, even though she got a little bitchy at times. As for Marysol, I thought she had some funny one liners and enjoyed her bubbly personality.

Good news is they got a great timeslot this time around.

carrlos00

carrlos00

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 3:29 PM

Weird how Ana was making appearances and talking about RHOM but wasn't included in the cast, but honestly, I'm glad she won't be returning.

Very surprised Marysol was downgraded, thought her storyline with Lea + Mama Elsa would be enough to keep her around, perhaps it was Lea who put the ultimatum but it seems the plan backfired since we see her fighting against Alexia and Adriana.

Interesting they got the Monday timeslot, Andy must be a huge fan.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

I think Marysol decided on her own to step down from being fulltime because she didn't want any further damage to her professional reputation. I imagine she's done well for herself to celebrate a 10th anniversary for her PR company last year but I'd expect someone in her position and this far along in her career to be a little more assertive and less sheepish. She just comes across really sad and her voice often sounds like she's on the verge of tears.

I wasn't as excited about the trailer as I was for Season 2 but it'll do. The font they used on that preview was so amateurish. LOL. On first glance I see that Lea is persona non grata amongst the older HWs and Lisa and Joanna are going to have it out at one point but Lisa was in Joanna's wedding so I'm sure they get past it. Alexia's going to be full on aggressive and I'll be curious if she continues to downplay what her son did.

I love the color scheme in the new cast photo and Adriana looks much better in the solo shots this time around than last season. I imagine that she will take center stage in any other cast promo shots since there's an odd number of them and she's the only brunette in the sea of blondes.

TheTwoWorlds

TheTwoWorlds

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:48 PM

While I did not care for Adriana last season, I'm sad to see that it looks like her relationship with Lea has completely changed and for the worse. Plus, we see a teary Lea embrace Joanna, so it seems like those two come a lot closer. I wonder if Adriana lying about her marriage has to deal with the fallout. There may be no catfighting in lingerie this season but it does look like it'll be just as dramatic. I dont mind the cast changes and I absolutely despise Ana, so seeing less of her is fine with me. Karent was really ganged up on last season but she was annoying; it's probably good she's not returning. 

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:52 PM

I think the originals iced Lea out of the group.  According to "insiders" and posted a few pages back, Adriana blames Lea for the info coming out about her and Frederiq and I think some of the other rumors.  Marysol vs Lea was part of season 2, and I'm sure we'll have Ana vs Lea over the fallout from the reunion.  I'm pretty sure, we'll get a Lea pile up.  Which is sad, she's my favorite.

I wish Karent was coming back.  I'd like to see the dynamic after article-gate turned to Karent's favor, but I'm sure the other ladies would still find something to harp on.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Jun 25, 2013 @ 11:53 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

RealityTea reported Wednesday that Ana was possibly facing foreclosure but she later tweeted that she's remodified her loan. Not that my two cents means anything but I'd like to give her a little credit that she would have some type of fiscal sense as a real estate attorney.

Her response to her role on Season 3:

Good morning tweeps! Thank you for all the tweets, emails, and FB messages sharing your disappointment about my "recurring role". I wish I could give you guys the explanation you deserve.Unfortinately, it would not be appropriate to do so right now. As the season progresses some things will become very clear and you may even have one of Oprah's classic "Aha moments". In the meantime, tune in to #RHOM- judging from the trailer, it's gonna be one crazy season! Love you guys- your loyalty and support truly mean the world to me!!!

Marysol on her role:

“I’m not in the main title shot with the photos with the girls, but I film just as much as I did when I was a regular housewife,” she told Radar. “So, I guess it will come down to the editing.”

So why did Bravo make this decision to downgrade Marysol’s title?

“Essentially, what I got is that we were too many housewives last year,” Marysol explained.

“I think that was a decision that Bravo thought was best for our franchise was to have less housewives so that there was more quality and the audience could get more involved with the ladies and their stories. It was too hard to do that when there was seven or eight of us.”

Edited by prmami, Jun 29, 2013 @ 1:15 PM.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

One of the biggest surprises of the trailer for me was that there wasn't much fighting between Adriana and Joanna. Either they'll be putting their issues aside or maybe they'll be avoiding each other.

Interesting explanations... I wonder what Ana means about the "Aha" moment and if it has anything to do with Lea. She seemed friendly with most of the cast, so I cant see Lea trying to isolate her. I'm assuming Joanna's wedding was the season finale, do we know if all the HWs attended?

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 3:24 PM

All the main cast attended that I know of and I'm almost certain it's the season finale even though they filmed through the end of that week. Twitter reveals a lot. A RHOM fan has a picture of Adriana and Frederic being filmed at the wedding location along with a  future TH shot of Adriana  

In the previews, it looks like their car breaks down on a road and Joanna's on the phone with someone saying they're stuck in Death Valley. Does one pass through Death Valley if travelling from Las Vegas to the L.A. area? I wonder if producers intervened with an idea for the ladies to drive from Vegas (where they were recently for the swimsuit fashion show Joanna was involved in) to California where the wedding was held? The possible scenario reminds me of when the ATL housewives travelled by limo from LA to Vegas last season. Anything to get them all together and increase the chance for conflict.

Edited by prmami, Jun 29, 2013 @ 3:27 PM.

Roark25

Roark25

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

So basically:

Karent (who replaced Alexia in Season 2) and now Alexia has her place back as an official housewife. Karent is still very close to Joanna and Lisa, so I'm sure she'll be filming here and there as a "guest" (sort of what Alexia did last season). I guess Karent and Alexia basically are switching places.

As for Marysol and Ana, they are getting demoted to "Friends of the Housewives." I liked Marysol but she didn't do much last season anyways.

What does everyone think about the alliances? It seems to basically be Adriana/Alexia vs Joanna/Lisa/Lea, with the Friends of the Hosuewives Marysol/Ana on the former team and Karent on the latter team. I'm not looking forward to the Adriana/Lea feud. Their sons were best friends and I would hate to see this effect their relationship. Plus, I thought Adriana/Lea had a very genuine friendship, akin to Nene/Cynthia or Kyle/Taylor. Alexia and Lea were also friends for years but from the previews, it looks like there are some issues there, as well.

Any speculation as to who will get the villain edit this season?

prmami, motorists traveling between Las Vegas/LA on Interstate 15 do pass through the extreme southern edge of Death Valley. There are back roads going through the center of Death Valley that lead from CA to Nevada that they could have taken (Route 190 that hits Route 95) but nobody takes this route (much less knows about it) because it's out of the way, rarely traversed, and you would make your trip longer by about 2 hours driving in the desert - as opposed to just sticking to the regular 15 route and getting there quickly. Of course, producers could have made them take an extra long route just to increase drama.