The Real Housewives of Miami

• Please log in to reply

3462 replies to this topic

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:25 PM

Wow! It's already been shot and is tenatively set to premiere between November-January.

A production source has confirmed to E! News that not only is this series actually happening, it's already shot and in the can! But before you lump it right in with its predecessors…

You should know that while the new show will be branded as a new Housewives series, it wasn't initially supposed to be. According to our production source, Real Housewives of Miami was "originally shot to be a different show, but they have decided to make it a part of the Housewives franchise." Thank heaven for that. Or else we would've been watching a show that was reportedly titled Miami Social Club. Not to be confused with the Bravo flop Miami Social.

Read more: http://www.eonline.c...l#ixzz10rygYQx8

Will be interesting to see how they backtrack and edit the show to fit into the other Housewives series.

foodie100

foodie100

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:31 PM

Ugh ..... overkill.

I'm not interested.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:42 PM

Since the article went and mentioned it: Bravo already tried the Miami thing with Miami Social, it bombed, and now they're doing (or apparently have done--is this another one-and-done project?) it again as part of the RHo[your city here] juggernaut? Pfft. Call me when they get to Detroit.

indiekicks

indiekicks

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:55 PM

Was only a matter of time, I suppose. Ugh, Miami Social was such a bad show.

Call me when they get to Detroit.

Hell yeah, I wanna see a Real Housewives of Detroit/Philly/Baltimore.

Edited by indiekicks, Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:56 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 7:12 PM

Ha! A RH in one of those three cities would be great!

As for Miami, I dunno. They've definitely gotten heavy-handed with all the franchises. I guess if it came down to it I would've liked a Chicago one or somewhere in Texas.

Hoosier80

Hoosier80

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 7:19 PM

I would love to see a Real Housewives in some small area/town (Real Housewives of BFE?), just to contrast against the other shows. Not necessarily a redneck type of show, but more of a small town feel. I'd bet if they found the right group, there could be just as much drama. In the small towns, everyone does know everyone.

FlyMeAway

FlyMeAway

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 7:28 PM

I want them to make a RH in a random place, like Sioux Falls or Des Moines. Something that's not a top populated city. Not quite a small town, but a smaller pool with less scripted drama and more actually drama that you get from knowing everyone's business.

Edited by FlyMeAway, Sep 28, 2010 @ 7:30 PM.

Arynm

Arynm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 12:55 PM

Really? Another one?

I hope they are canceling one before they put Miami on the air.

Link: http://www.realityte...us-cast-photos/

This show does have something a little different... a drag queen! I might watch just for this.

Others include 2 NBA ex-wives and the wife of a successful defense attorney.

Filming is complete but no airdate yet.

calicowesley

calicowesley

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 1:12 PM

I think a drag queen housewife sounds fun. A photo and info here also.

Joining the diva known in male form as James Davis will be Scottie Pippen's wife Larsa and Christy Rice, ex- wife of former Miami Heat star Glen Rice. Other women getting in on the reality TV fun are Adriana Sidi, Alexia Echeverria, Marysol Patton and Lea Black.

Gorn

Gorn

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 5:58 PM

Oh God, someone pull the plug on these stupid shows already. Drive a stake through the franchise's heart or something. Enough!

Bravo is just flinging this shit against the wall hoping it will stick. I predict this one will splatter and slide down to the floor in a smelly puddle just the way The RHoDC has done. A little of this kind of trash tv goes a long way and the market is saturated.

Enough already.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 12:35 PM

Speculation on why a drag queen was cast for RHoMiami

carried away

carried away

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 2:49 PM

Miami really isn't that interesting, unless they filmed in the really crime-ridden parts. THAT I would watch.

WesternLady

WesternLady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 12:34 PM

I'm not too sure I'm too excited about Miami. Palm Beach maybe. So just what are they supposed to prove with a Miami show; more ill-mannered moneyed people?

Crocodileguy1

Crocodileguy1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 2:16 PM

Miami is pretty over-the-top when it comes to the South Beach party scene...

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 3:01 PM

Wait 2 ex-NBA wives? Like "Basketball Wives", which VH1 already has?

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 6:17 PM

It will be nice to have a Latino presence in one of these franchises FINALLY! I can't imagine that they could get around that in Miami. Now time for an Asian HW, and maybe even, GASP, a woman who is a size 14!

ALL of the BH ladies look the same. Hopefully the Miami group will be more diverse.

Suck it Trebek

Suck it Trebek

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 12, 2010 @ 12:45 PM

I think one (Larsa Pippen) is still a basketball wife. I actually went to college with Mrs. Pippen; she was engaged to Scottie at the time. Not sure whether she ever graduated, but boy did she love driving around the campus in Scottie's car (a hummer, I believe.)

TFJessie

TFJessie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 1:58 PM

This show begins on Feb 22, in place of RHoNY

From the article
Six ladies join the cast of the just-announced show, which will premiere Feb. 22 (10 p.m. ET), and they promise to supply plenty of heat this chilly winter. Though Bravo had initially announced that the Real Housewives of New York City would be premiering its fourth season in mid-February, the show is now expected to debut in the spring.

Link to the article and there is also a sneak peek

chgowatcher

chgowatcher

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 2:42 PM

Link to an article about the cast, no mention of the drag queen, Elaine Lancaster in this article. Wonder why they decided to push back the NY Housewives to debut this show?

Meet the Real Housewives of Miami

Diane Chambers

Diane Chambers

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Maybe because they'll couple another new series in the franchise with RHONY (I have no idea what it would be)? I've been on board with all of the Housewives shows so far, even DC, but this one is trying my patience. Miami bores me and the women all seem like retreads.

Crocodileguy1

Crocodileguy1

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 3:20 AM

Link to an article about the cast, no mention of the drag queen, Elaine Lancaster in this article. Wonder why they decided to push back the NY Housewives to debut this show?

Who wants to bet she'll be the Dwight/Edwina/Kim G./Erika/Brad/Frankie of the franchise?

It will be nice to have a Latino presence in one of these franchises FINALLY! I can't imagine that they could get around that in Miami. Now time for an Asian HW, and maybe even, GASP, a woman who is a size 14!

Tammy Knickerbocker was Hispanic, Jo de la Rosa was Peruvian, Lisa Wu-Hartwell was Blasian, and Jeana Keough and DeShawn Snow certainly weren't size 00s...

Sunset Beach

Sunset Beach

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 5:46 AM

Tammy Knickerbocker was Hispanic, Jo de la Rosa was Peruvian, Lisa Wu-Hartwell was Blasian, and Jeana Keough and DeShawn Snow certainly weren't size 00s...

Yeah, and look what happened to them...

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

Looking at the mini preview Marysol's(?) mom is so visually offensive it's not even funny and Marysol is not far behind. And I thought I had been rather conditioned to seeing surgerized faces after the BH crew.

Not sure if I'm ready to get to know another new set of ladies, but of course I'll be watching. We got Brazilian, Cuban, Lebanese; I'm down for equal opportunity representation when it comes to the trashtasticness of the franchise.

Maybe because they'll couple another new series in the franchise with RHONY (I have no idea what it would be)?

I'm thinking New Jersey.

Edited by prmami, Feb 4, 2011 @ 3:21 PM.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 3:29 PM

This show begins on Feb 22, in place of RHoNY

Are you sue RHoNY is being replaced? Up until yesterday, there have been promos stating the new season of RHoNY starts Feb 13. I think Bravo liked the idea of having 2 sets of Housewives show running concurrently (BH/Atlanta) and want to continue that trend. I assume RHoNY will take Atlanta's time spot (since Atlanta's rating went through the roof when switched to Sundays) and Miami will fill in Beverly Hill's time spot.

Being a Miami native, I wish they would film in other parts of the city besides South Beach. Its just so tiring and cliche. Aventura is also an upscale area with plenty of weirdos perfect for reality tv and Coral Gables is nice too. Miami covers such a wide area, I'm just so tired of seeing the tired "Welcome to Miami Beach" sign on every.single. reality. show filmed down here.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 3:44 PM

Washginton Post TV writer Lisa de Moraes said in her column today that the drag queen is out. She said they decided to delay the start of RHoNY, that they haven't finished shooting it yet, and they like to have the season totally in the can before airing them. The Miami one is finished shooting.

WaPo article

TFJessie

TFJessie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2011 @ 5:50 PM

Are you sue RHoNY is being replaced? Up until yesterday, there have been promos stating the new season of RHoNY starts Feb 13.

From the article: Though Bravo had initially announced that the Real Housewives of New York City would be premiering its fourth season in mid-February, the show is now expected to debut in the spring.

The OC housewives start in March. There was an article that the NY show was pretty boring after Beverly Hills aired so they are replacing with the Miami group

The actual housewives were as surprised by the move as their fans. They learned about the change only hours before Bravo's decision, via an internal memo sent to them by Bravo executive vice president Andy Cohen.

The message, marked "URGENT," informed Ramona Singer, Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon and the rest that "RHONYC" would be delayed until spring to give Bravo "more time to make the show as GREAT and as big a hit as possible."

Cohen apologized "for the inconvenience," then dropped another bombshell: The newest entry in the franchise, "The Real Housewives of Miami," which he said "has been ready to go for a while," would debut in the "RHONY" slot on Feb. 22.

After requesting that the email's recipients refrain from tweeting any of it, he signed off, "XX Andy."

Edited by TFJessie, Feb 4, 2011 @ 5:51 PM.

WesternLady

WesternLady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 9:59 PM

OK, just so I get this straight; Miami is due to air on February 22, but New York is going to air in March sometime?

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 11:09 PM

New York will probably air after Miami is finished. I can't see them airing three at the same time. OC starts in March on Sundays in place of Atlanta.

Edited by prmami, Feb 8, 2011 @ 11:09 PM.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 1:53 AM

Miami bores me and the women all seem like retreads.

Me too. Nothing I've seen of Miami in any show has endeared it to me.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 10:30 AM

From the RHoDC thread

(Crocodileguy1)
I'm really concerned that Miami will be lame--that South Beach "look-at-me-I'm-so-fabulous" thing is sooooooo 1980s and overplayed.

(ubi)
I swear I saw people from their previous South Beach show in the promo clips.

Apparently, this wasn't even part of the Housewives franchise at first; it was intended to be a revamped version of Miami Social. I don't remember that show being all that great so it should be interesting to see if pushing back NYC for this was truly worth it.