Mike & Molly

• Please log in to reply

1249 replies to this topic

simpleHope

simpleHope

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

That was a great twist ending. At first when the mom and Molly were going at it I thought "Good Molly, stand up for yourself." Then it was just them working together.

I like the waiter. Hate to see him get caught up in pretty girl's trap.

And Nana wanting to slug Vince - priceless!

snowbunny54

snowbunny54

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

Jim is so ugly but so cute! Kudos to his trainer.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

I loved the twist ending, and all the actors were great in that scene, but Billy Gardell hit it out of the park. I really felt his sheer delight and happiness that -- finally! -- he was having a birthday party. Fantastic. I love Molly and Peggy as allies.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

Victoria was sweet again this week. I am glad she went out with Larry (Harry? Cant remember). I loved the scene in the kitchen where Molly was trying to point out how she is with guys and Victoria says "It's a little early in the morning to be calling a girl a whore" (paraphrase). She has really grown on me.

simpleHope

simpleHope

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

Another great episode. Mike trying to compare his love of Molly, and writing his vows, like describing a good lasagna.

And Victoria was so sweet! The end was hilarious when she got up on his shoulders and took her top off at the concert. Harry is yelling "For the love of God someone take my picture!!" LOL

roughing it

roughing it

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

I like how Mike's vows ended up more eloquent than English Lit major, Molly's.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Thoroughly enjoyable episode. Vince even seemed toned down. Actually burst out laughing a few times. Loved Mike's vows. Agree with simpleHope...the last scene with Victoria on Harry's shoulders. Too funny. Seems as though the writers are fine-tuning a balancing act of incorporating more characters...although missed Peggy.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Loved this episode! I did not like Victoria at the beginning of the series, but man, she is a sweetheart!

Why does she have a southern accent though?

And I'm still laughing about Larry/Harry shouting to anyone at the Black Keys concert (GOOD BAND CHOICE) "My cell phone's in my pocket! Somebody take my picture! For the love of God, somebody take my picture!" when Victoria was topless sitting on his shoulders. LOL LOL LOL

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

Was last night's (3/5/12) episode a rerun or simply not on? I have the series set to record on our DVR, but we were gone most of the evening, and when I looked through the recorded programs for 3/5, it's not there.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Last night's show was a rerun. The episode was about Mike wanting to buy the old car and Molly saying they should save money.

My most hated scene of the entire series occurs at the very end of the episode where they're comparing their finances and Molly says "It's not my debt anymore, it's our debt." Seriously? Mike has saved and managed his money very well while Molly has spent lavishly on vacations she couldn't afford. The entire episode makes me mad.

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

Thanks Balboa! Glad we didn't miss a new episode. I agree that the "our debt" concept isn't fair.

summitsw

summitsw

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

Loved this episode! I did not like Victoria at the beginning of the series, but man, she is a sweetheart!

Yeah, I think maybe it's because they've laid off having her be high in every episode. She's actually allowed to show her sensitive side, and that she's not as stupid as she was originally portrayed. I like this Victoria much better.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

Hey, nobody watched this week's ep??

I like the discussions between Mike and Molly about parenthood. IMO they'd have some varying views, but overall would be good parents and would work together to raise it as best they could.

That said, they could NOT remain with Molly's mom and sister if that happened. Imagine a kid growing up around them...!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

I finally managed to watch it on the DVR last night....very enjoyable episode. It makes sense that Mike would be nervous about being a good dad, since his own father took off and the parent he was left with was not the warm and fuzzy type. And, seriously...AMEN to not raising a child in that house! I could just see Victoria smoking a doobie while putting make up on her newborn neice (name Peggy! HA!).

I was completely cracking up at Molly in the vet's office. Jim must live no matter what the monetary cost and if he needs an organ, take hers! LOL Yes, it was over the top but with the way her future mother-in-law feels about that dog, I don't blame her a bit...especially since MamaBiggs ain't that fond of her anyway.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Bummed that I can't catch the new M&M episodes due to them being up against other programming (The Voice and DWTS...I record one, watch the other). Will have to check out M&M on repeats. Don't like it when the best shows are scheduled at the same time.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

Does anyone know why you can't catch the episodes online? I've always found it odd that you can catch just about everything on Hulu or the network home page, but not this show. Is there some kind of weird reason for it that I'm not aware of? You'd think they wouldn't hurt themselves this way, since I'm sure people not being able to watch online greatly reduces their viewer numbers...

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:24 AM

I liked how Molly's family knows when to retreat- it's funny. Just not every time Molly's upset. This week-after being Peggy and Mike's goat about being honest to a Catholic priest and not picking a fight or anything-she had reason to BE angry at Mike. Yes, Peggy barking about standing up to a loud harpy was amusing, but totally signalled Mike's outburst, which led to the unsurprising boot to Carl and Nana's.

Victoria's "sassy, brassy, and kiss my assy" was fun, as I hadn't heard that particular phrase. Samuel's warning about the freezer was also cute, in that it was obviously a friendly ribbing. I'd like to have seen the Grow Room nuptials, though, especially as the lighting would be good. *g*

Fun nod to channelmate 2 Broke Girls, when Peggy suggested watching "those two girls and the horse"! It made me miss Chestnut a little.

I just hope the reruns are over and the show's new through May. I think that's why the thread was on page 4 the morning after a new ep. *sigh*

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:55 AM

I could really relate to this one, and I was glad they didn't do some phony sitcom ending where the priest lets them get married there after all. It was ok but not great, except for the last minute when Molly said "No, that's not true..." I wonder if that was adlibbed and just left in. Other than that I only have stray observations:

- Melissa McCarthy's voice sounded hoarse to me.
- Mike's hair looks a lot darker, or maybe I'm just mentally confusing Mike & Molly Mike with Yes, Dear Mike.
- It seemed like they were writing Peggy nicer for awhile, but now she's back to scary bitch. But more married-life comedic value in that I guess.
- It made me miss Chestnut a little too, and I never thought I'd say that.

MyAlias

MyAlias

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Never watch this show, but who waits until a month before the wedding to pick a location? Any church is going to want six months notice, and will probably make you attend some kind of counseling or premarital classes. Around me, if you don't want to get married in a church, you can get married at the zoo or at a local art museum. But even they aren't going to let you waltz in a month before the wedding. And Molly's shocked at the fact that a Catholic Church is going to want you to promise to raise your kids Catholic?

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Never watch this show, but who waits until a month before the wedding to pick a location? Any church is going to want six months notice, and will probably make you attend some kind of counseling or premarital classes.

Haven't seen this episode yet (its on the DVR), but strategic planning just doesn't seem to be Molly's forte, does it? Just look at the way she handles her personal finances. Seems like Mike has a much better handle on those kinds of things.

DoubleK61

DoubleK61

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

They made reference to "losing" the church. So I think they HAD reserved the church, just hadn't gone thru the formality of meeting with the priest. And that's when it became a fire drill to find a new church.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

And they only had the church because Peggy bullied the priest into it - normally they'd have to get married in their own parish.

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

I thought Molly's line about her great great grandmother being half-black was hilarious since it wasnt true. Havent you ever said something and thought the hell did I say that, it's not even true?"
This show cracks me up. Cant wait til they have a kid.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Thats 2 weeks now that Melissa McCarthy's voice sounded weird. Fighting laryngitis?

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

I also thought her voice sounded bad in spots.

Really not liking the whole Bitch route they're going with Molly.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Right before tonight's episode, I was going to leave a post saying that its time for M&M to revisit the OA storyline. I had just watched last week's episode, and noticed that Melissa McCarthy was looking the, um, widest I've ever seen her. And I say that as a plus size person myself. Billy Gardell seemed to have lost weight earlier this year, but seems to have put it back on. In light of the pending nuptials, it was good to see the writers do a realistic, yet still funny episode addressing the characters weight struggles.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:10 AM

"Not this time, you Fun Size son of a bitch!" Great line, great delivery.

It's good that the writers didn't totally drop the OA angle but it's going to be kind of sad if the characters stay the exact same size over six seasons even though they're still suffering with their carrot sticks in the ballpark and so on. But maybe the inevitable pregnancy will take care of that plot hole.

I did like that wedding dress from the waist up. I'm unsure about all the bunched-up swirly fabric on the skirt.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:18 AM

randomchance:
"Not this time, you Fun Size son of a bitch!" Great line, great delivery.

ITA, that was a highlight. For me,the Flan scene, the jail cell and the stinger/accordion home movie were others.

Vince was actually toned down and bearable, so yay!

I just hope that the Bridezilla phase is over for the audience. I don't find humor in that.

Free Jim!!

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:52 AM

It's good that the writers didn't totally drop the OA angle but it's going to be kind of sad if the characters stay the exact same size over six seasons even though they're still suffering with their carrot sticks in the ballpark and so on.

A lot of that will depend on the actors themselves. I know from personal experience that what BG and MM are going though is a marathon, not a sprint, so it will be up to the writers to handle the issue in a way that's realistic and sensitive, while still being funny.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

A lot of that will depend on the actors themselves.

I'm thinking all of it will, unless we aren't talking about the same thing? The characters can't lose more weight than the people who play them, that's what I'm saying.