S10: Mahsa

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13 replies to this topic

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2010 @ 6:11 AM

I keep wanting to call her Marsha, but that would be wrong.
From the the CBS websile

Mahsa, 29 (Brooklyn, New York), works as an Assistant District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York, and is the host of two web shows on the side. Dealing with the financial pressures of being the sole breadwinner in her family, Mahsa has gained personal strength in this economic downturn. Before receiving her J.D. at Brooklyn Law School, Mahsa studied biology at the University of Virginia, and film at the New York Film Academy. She passionately fights to promote justice, and is obsessed with beauty, hair and style secrets.

Edited by AVorlon, Sep 18, 2010 @ 6:33 AM.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2010 @ 7:56 PM

The woman appears to be a real nightmare. And its not just the yelling, its the rudeness of how she steps in (she stepped on Trump himself speaking), the temerity to talk about anything happening on reality TV in terms of "justice" (or "injustice"), and the strong scent of famewhorism (its no coincidence she studied film, and has multiple web shows, I believe--I'm thinking she's trying to build a media career).

Oh look. A fancy-shmancy website: http://mahsawho.com/

adrem

adrem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2010 @ 7:26 PM

Is Mahsa an arabic name? Does anyone know?

lgrant2001

lgrant2001

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 11:17 AM

I think Mahsa is Urdu for asshole.
This woman is a nightmare. I doubt she'll last long. She's not interesting enough in a reality show villian type way to justify keeping her for entertainment value, and I don't think The Donald will tolerate her rambling, braying interruptions for long. I will not miss her when she goes.

Audacity

Audacity

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2010 @ 5:14 PM

I keep wanting to call her Marsha

"Mahsa, Mahsa, Mahsa!" Sorry, couldn't help it. :)

She did grate my nerves until I had only one good one left. Barely. She's better suited for Law & Order: Special Reality Show.

adrem

adrem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 12:53 AM

She's better suited for Law & Order: Special Reality Show.

She'd be so natural in the role of a nazi at a concentration camp.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 5:51 PM

Is Mahsa an arabic name? Does anyone know?

I think Mahsa is Urdu for asshole.

According to whoever wrote her wikipedia page, she's Persian (which matches her features pretty well, as well as her last name and other bios out there about her). Which of course is a more politically discrete and historical way of saying "Iranian". Specifically her family is from a region called Bakhtiari (source), which means they are most likely Shia Muslims.

So, no not Arabic, although "probably" to the Muslim part of the equation.

Edited by WileyCoyote, Sep 22, 2010 @ 5:52 PM.

adrem

adrem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 10:33 PM

Specifically her family is from a region called Bakhtiari (source), which means they are most likely Shia Muslims.

So, no not Arabic, although "probably" to the Muslim part of the equation.

Thanks, WileyCoyote. She is uncharacteristically loud and abrasive, isn't she.

Secret Symphony

Secret Symphony

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 1:42 PM

Aside from being the sole breadwinner in her family which wouldn't change if she got the job for Trump, I am not seeing how she fits in with this season's theme or contestants. Granted I missed the very beginning of episode one when they presumably do the intros, but it seems like everyone is either unemployed (most fired from their jobs) or are struggling buisness owners who are having trouble making it in the economy.

Mahsa studied law, wanted to pursue a career in that and seems to have a fantastic job as an ADA. It doesn't say that she was fired due to the economy or anything like that -
it just seems like she has a great job in a field she wanted to be in and so I am not seeing what makes her fit in with the others this season. ADA at her age is a great position to have and she has a lot of room to grow and have greater success.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

it just seems like she has a great job in a field she wanted to be in and so I am not seeing what makes her fit in with the others this season. ADA at her age is a great position to have and she has a lot of room to grow and have greater success.

The NY Post had some revealing info about her existing job though.

First off... her job there was basically prosecuting misdemeanors. So all her talk about "getting Justice" for people is pretty funny in terms of her actual duties. I mean somebody has to do that stuff, and I don't look down on it, but the overblown WAY she talks about her career has to be seen in perspective to what she actually was doing.

Secondly, she no longer HAS the job. Apparently she lied to her employers about her leave of absence this past summer. As punishment for that she didn't get outright fired, but got transferred to the DA's office equivalent of scut duty. Instead of trying low level misdemeanor cases, she was basically reduced to preparing cases for OTHER attorneys to prosecute. And that led to her quitting recently, since it communicated pretty clearly to her that her prosecuting career was over (she'd only worked there since January anyway, apparently).

Edited by WileyCoyote, Sep 30, 2010 @ 11:21 PM.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:04 PM

Are you kidding me? You spend all that money on Law School and JUST got a position that, especially in this economy, most Law School grads would DIE for, and fuck it up because you're a famewhore?
If she doesn't end up like Omarosa, she's a DUMMY!!

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2010 @ 5:02 AM

According to the previews ,she’s baaaack! And she’s" found Jesus", and is even more annoying than ever. I find it sad, because she could be really attrative with the right personality.

Edited by AVorlon, Nov 27, 2010 @ 5:09 AM.

Tamm

Tamm

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 19, 2010 @ 9:20 AM

While Mahsa was abrasive and too emotional, she actually had a good job in most of the tasks she took part. I'd rate her above most of the men and Poppy in terms of actual performance - LVP was obviously David.

Nascar

Nascar

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

Mahsa was on Redeye on Fox last night. Don't necessarily like her personality but man is she hot.