Boardwalk Empire in the Media: Read All About It!

• Please log in to reply

159 replies to this topic

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

Alan Sepinwall interviews Terence Winter and Jack Huston about the heartbreaking season finale.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 27, 2013 @ 7:46 PM

A really great article about Jack Huston and how excellent he was as Richard. The writer has been covering the show all season, and has some very interesting takes on the episodes. 

Pallas429

Pallas429

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2013 @ 6:55 PM

Thank you, Howard, for the link. I suppose this is what is meant by sweet sorrow. Regret at the loss; a thrill of appreciation for what was given and completed: the character, the story.    

MyAlias

MyAlias

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 6:37 PM

The next season is the last.
http://insidetv.ew.c...h-final-season/

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 6:57 PM

I'm a little surprised as I thought they had enough material left to go for two more seasons. Still, I'd rather see BWE go out strong than overstay it's welcome.

Curio

Curio

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 8:11 PM

I'm not surprised at the announcement. The actors (and Terence Winter) probably want to move onto other projects, and the writing has honestly felt a little aimless since the end of season 3. And just a bitter fan rant here: Really writers? You couldn't figure out a way to keep Harrow on for twelve more hours of television? Just twelve! Actually, way less than that since each character only gets like 10 minutes every episode at the most.

Sorry, still not over it. 

luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 1:51 AM

Sad news

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 4:17 AM

I've read on other sites that Terence Winter is apparently producing another show for HBO (a rock n' roll drama with Scorsese again, plus Mick Jagger), so I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to wrap this up, and get to that.  And I can certainly buy that some of the cast wants to move on. Then again, maybe it's HBO.  I know ratings aren't as important to them compared to networks, but maybe they still don't feel like it's pulling enough to be worth whatever the production costs are, plus it's no longer getting as much award love as it use to.  Maybe they even think they'll go lower now that Richard is dead.  I can see it being a combination of many things; from both HBO and Winter/the producers.

Hopefully, they'll give it a great send-off, and give everyone a chance to shine.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 2:03 PM

I thought they were going to go until the end of Prohibition, but unless they skip huge chunks of time, that won't happen. As long as they get to end it as they want, I'm fine. Since Richard is dead my interest is less than it was, although I do want decent closure on Nucky & Van Alden's stories.

Bookrat

Bookrat

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 11:48 PM

You know, I never felt the show really recovered after killing off Jimmy. Then killing off the romance between Margret and Nucky...the show seemed to really go downhill after that. Last season was fairly awful with the only really good thing being the Dr. Last season seemed to be all over the map. I can see why they are finally pulling the plug, which is really too bad, because the show really could have been great.

Maybe there's a spinoff with Capone?

Edited by Bookrat, Jan 10, 2014 @ 11:49 PM.