Swift Justice with Jackie Glass

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

41 replies to this topic

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2011 @ 1:17 AM

I just caught the newer, LA-based episodes last week. I miss some of the Atlanta experts, but the show is still okay.

It's weird, I can't stand Nancy's HLN show, but I like Swift Justice whenever I catch it. Maybe it's because she seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the odious Judge Judy and woman protectin' Judge Joe Brown.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2011 @ 2:05 AM

n/m.

Edited by wjcwm, May 22, 2011 @ 2:22 AM.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

Nancy leaving Swift Justice after one season.

Nancy Grace is departing the syndicated legal show Swift Justice after one season.

Las Vegas Judge Jackie Glass, who presided over the case that sent O.J. Simpson to jail for his role in an armed robbery at a Las Vegas hotel in 2008, will replace her as host for Season 2.

Grace said she's leaving the show partly due to the fact that production is relocating from Atlanta to Los Angeles and also to spend more time with her family.

"Leaving such a successful show was a tough decision, but, with the increased requirements of the production's relocation to Los Angeles, it became challenging to balance my most important job -- mother to John David and Lucy back home. I will miss the California sunshine for now, but I will be back soon," she said.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2011 @ 2:06 AM

I am so happy that Nancy Grace is being replaced on this show. She made it unwatchable and I love court shows.

RabidStoat

RabidStoat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 1:34 PM

I don't normally watch court shows, so it just seems obnoxious to me. I'm sure the others would seem obnoxious to me.

About the only thing I have to say is that the vest is NOT doing Nancy any favors.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 11:01 AM

What I liked best was the way Nancy just made up her own justice. She made no pretense at relying on the law but did what she felt was fair, or what someone (she felt) deserved. Made this show a guilty pleasure. The justice cam or whatever cracked me up, too.

I took the show off TiVo, though, when they kept showing car-damaging ex after cockroach filled tenant trashed apartments. It got to be annoying and gross. They needed a little bit more variety.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 1:01 AM

Ding Dong, the witch is dead. I hope that Jackie Gross will do a better job.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 10:31 AM

I never watched SJ with Nancy Grace - I find her too abrasive. However, I've caught a few episodes with the new judge, Jackie Glass.

So far, I like her. She has a mellow approach to the cases, no screaming, banging her gavel, yelling or talking down to the participants. She doesn't even have a bailiff - walks right up to the litigants and speaks to them face-to-face. She listens well and let's people talk; she's doesn't seem to be going for drama or fireworks, just getting the facts and ruling fairly.

She may be too low-key for some, after years of Judge Judy and Marilyn Milian -- she's like the Martha Stewart of judge-ship.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 12:49 AM

she's doesn't seem to be going for drama or fireworks,

Maybe. But I watched a few times and wasn't that impressed with Jackie Glass. Apparently her gimmick is presiding with an unzipped robe.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Dec 25, 2011 @ 12:59 PM

Can't stand NG. She is prejudiced and decides who the good guys are way before the evidence is presented. Only the people she think of as good guys get to speak more than a few words. Usually she is wrong. She lacks integrety and a sense of fainess. The two things needed the most in any kind of court of law.

I quit watching her on HLN when she defended George and Cindy Anthony. She still does. Then she said she would swear on a Bible in a court of law and lie. Pretty much sums up her integrety.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Is anyone else watching this (Swift Justice with Jackie Glass)? I saw it today. Interesting case - kinda.
Revolved around the website ‘seekingarrangement.com’. A 47 year old sleazebag who apparently either can’t get or doesn’t want a real girlfriend was suing two girls – ages 19 and 20 – for damaging his car. He admitted he’s had about a dozen ‘arrangements’. Plaintiff had the nerve to write to their mothers demanding they pay him money. The girls said he wanted them to take ectasy to ‘relax’, and there was something about him only giving them $24 to eat at IHOP – wtf? The creator of the site also testified and said 75% of the relationships involve sex. Judge Glass chastised everybody and awarded the plaintiff nothing.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

There was a sad/infuriating case today with a guy who trashed a rental home. The 27 year old renter says he just 'gave up' after his mother moved out - he let his pets poop and pee all over, had hundreds of empty alcohol bottles everywhere, stopped paying rent. The pictures were horrific. Code enforcement started fining the owners for excessive trash in the yard, and carpet layers refused to go into the house and replace carpet due to the foul conditions inside. The owners gave the renter all kinds of chances, but the deadbeat went to the beach instead of cleaning his stuff up/out.

I had a little sympathy for the renter - the guy looked like he was severely depressed and/or a hardcore drunk. But I hated him for not taking responsibility for what he did to the house. He felt he didn't have to pay cause the homeowners moved his stuff to his new place while he was away. The owners had to evict him and ended up having to spend over $25K to repair all the damage. They got the max. $5K for this nightmare.

Edited by patty1h, May 2, 2012 @ 10:33 AM.