Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

78 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:42 PM

If you have spoilers, or want to talk about spoilers, this is the thread. Since the entire thread is devoted to spoilers, you should not use spoiler bars here. Please remember that historical events, information about real-life characters, and previews and promos aren’t spoilers, so they shouldn’t be discussed here.

gidgetgoes

gidgetgoes

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 26, 2010 @ 2:47 PM

Hey there. I was looking around, and I found one site that had the show descriptions for the rest of the shows in season 1, which have not been released anywhere else I could find. I think these qualify as spoilers, since they are not being released more than a week at a time. So here goes:

8: Hold Me in Paradise
While visiting chicago for the Republican National Convention, Nucky gets some alarming news from Atlantic City.

9: Belle Femme
Nucky prepares for war with a rival faction; Jimmy stands by his alibi; Margaret helps Madame Jeunet.

10: The Emerald City
Nucky asks Margaret to toe the party line; Angela witnesses Jimmy's violent side; Capone faces a crossroads; Van Alden struggles with his emotions.

11: Paris Green
Nucky shakes up the status quo; Jimmy deals with family issues; Van Alden addresses Agent Sebso's temptations.

There is no information nor title for Episode 12, though it is listed.

Here's the link: http://www.fancast.c...105476/episodes

parkies

parkies

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 29, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

http://www.afterelle...sbian-storyline

tapshoes

tapshoes

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2010 @ 3:51 PM

Thanks, gidgetgoes for the upcoming episode descriptions. I'm assuming that Angela's witness to Jimmy's violent side will have something to do with his finding out about her lesbian affair. I can't imagine that he would react well to this at all.

swedishgirl30

swedishgirl30

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 3:50 AM

Some great spoilers from entertainment weekly for the remaining 5 episodes.

Boardwalk Empire Spoilers

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 8:45 AM

Some great spoilers from entertainment weekly for the remaining 5 episodes.

Sorry, but that article didn't tell me anything. Just hints like "you will find out what the secret is" but doesn't tell us the secret. Telling the secret is what I consider a spoiler. Bah!

I also want to know how Margaret finds out Nucky was behind her becoming a widow next week.

Scoutlet

Scoutlet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2010 @ 9:33 AM

I don't think that happens next week. I got the impression it would happen in a later episode.

swedishgirl, thanks for the spoilers. I actually did find them useful because they tell me that Nucky/Margaret is an ongoing thing. I was a little worried that it would be over when she found out about her husband.

I get the feeling that what Nucky wants from Margaret is a baby. He clearly likes kids, and he knows she's fertile and good mother material. Heck, I even wonder if he thinks they're already working on it. Does he know she's using birth control?

I hope she tells him if he wants a baby from her, he better put a ring on it.

Edited by Scoutlet, Nov 8, 2010 @ 3:03 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2010 @ 11:11 AM

This interview with Dabney Coleman was originally posted in another thread. In it he reveals that the Commodore not only survives this season but is involved in a storyline in the next. This was a big surprise to me as I was sure the Commodore would be out this season.

For all of his years playing assholes, Dabney seems like a pretty cool guy and evidently really enjoys his role on BE.

http://nymag.com/dai...view_board.html

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 8:18 PM

Apparently HBO hasn't lost their nack for keeping a tight lid on spoilers. I was hoping for some kind of tidbit.

boewyr

boewyr

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 6:14 AM

So, on a website I read when I'm bored as a plank of wood I found some possible spoilers, I'd prefer to (and mentally am) dismissing them out of hand, because I'd prefer to be surprised, but if people want them they're here. If true these are pretty major.

Angela will be killed by Manny and his thugs in the next to last episode.

The Princeton flashbacks will reveal that Gillian and Jimmy did, in fact, screw at one point.

Jimmy will kill the Commodore, then be killed by Nucky at the end of the season. Shot in the chest, then the face, and then dragged through the mud for good measure. The last bit was supposedly a dig by TPTB at Pitt for being so difficult.

The guy seemed to know what he was talking about based on previous episode details. The website is also barely a rung above ThatWebsiteThatMustNotBeNamedorCriticisedEverForFearOfTrollReprisal on the reliabilty scale and is pretty hit and miss, so they could also be absolutely wrong. Either way I really need to stop haunting Datalounge, I'm not even gay.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 8, 2011 @ 10:12 AM.
Please don’t use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread

avaleigh

avaleigh

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 1:54 PM

Jimmy will kill the Commodore, then be killed by Nucky at the end of the season. Shot in the chest, then the face, and then dragged through the mud for good measure. The last bit was supposedly a dig by TPTB at Pitt for being so difficult.

This one sounds like it isn't true... Why would Jimmy need to kill the Commodore at this point? He isn't a threat to them anymore. Also, if Jimmy does kill the Commodore why would Nucky want to kill the guy who just got rid of one of his biggest enemies? Jimmy is my favorite character and I'm not sure that the show would work for me without him.

Not only that but why would Manny kill Angela and not Jimmy? If Jimmy and Gillian ever had sex (which I personally doubt) why would it be while Jimmy is away at Princeton? I don't know, these so-called spoilers seem off to me. Thanks though for giving me new possibilities to consider!

CyberSybar

CyberSybar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 7:25 PM

boewyr wrote:

The Princeton flashbacks will reveal that Gillian and Jimmy did, in fact, screw at one point.

I find this to be totally plausible. I doubt that Jimmy went to Princeton against his will. Yes, Nucky pulled strings to get him in. But, I doubt that he was being forced. So? Why did he leave?

When Jimmy discusses his leaving, he said "A lot of people had ideas about what I should be". He didn't say 'someone had ideas'. He said 'A lot of people'. Okay, so who are these 'A lot of people'? Nucky being one? Okay. But, who else?

And, why leave Princeton to join the Army? I don't sense that Jimmy was a true patriot. He stated that he didn't consider himself a hero. compared to others who went to war.

Something happened to cause him to leave Princeton and go to war.

Something 'hinky' with his Mom is as plausible an explanation as any. Perhaps she was encouraging him to go into the 'Family Business'. Do I think that they could have had sex? Absolutely. Gilliam has no sexual boundaries (a common issue with victims of childhood sexual abuse). And, she clearly feels like she currently has license to be far more intimate with her son than most mothers. Hell, she admitted to Angela that she used to kiss his penis when she changed his diaper.

Finally, Jack Huston stated in an Interview that the last episode contains a complete shocking Surprise. HBO has always tested limits. This seems like another opportunity to do so.

YMMV, of course.

Still Ill

Still Ill

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2011 @ 8:22 PM

I find the idea of Jimmy being killed off odd due to the holes in the storylines that would leave. However the fact the Michael Pitt was reportedly sacked by his agency seems to add credence to the spoiler. I thought it odd no matter how much of a Diva an actor his that he would be let go of seeing as he is part of a such a prestige/ high profile show.

Edited by Still Ill, Nov 8, 2011 @ 8:24 PM.

Scaramanga

Scaramanga

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2011 @ 1:34 PM

Jimmy started out on the show as Nucky's driver - maybe they're grooming Owen to become the new Jimmy if Michael Pitt does leave.

Glitterkittens

Glitterkittens

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 11, 2011 @ 3:35 PM

Jimmy started out on the show as Nucky's driver - maybe they're grooming Owen to become the new Jimmy if Michael Pitt does leave.

I got the impression he was at least designed to make Jimmy jealous but they haven't done anything to show him having a relationship with Nucky yet, and also, he's much less sympathetic than Jimmy and less interesting. Not that I object to that actor because he's attractive, but getting rid of Jimmy would make everything too Sopranos for me. Jimmy's a new type of character.

Scoutlet

Scoutlet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 12:04 AM

Holy Shit. I was unsure whether to check out this thread or not but I never expected to read anything so shocking. Then again, I had no idea Pitt was such a Diva. And if Owen is in fact the new Jimmy, Nucky has already been betrayed again. Yikes.

Who knew Manny was such a......whatever is the opposite of mensch.

little ghost

little ghost

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 12:40 AM

I don't really care if Jimmy dies (just because it could be quite interesting to see the repercussions), but I sure as shit do NOT want Owen to replace Jimmy.

Scoutlet

Scoutlet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 6:06 AM

Owen could never replace Jimmy. He's a totally different character with different motives, and without the long-held bond with Nucky that Jimmy had. But perhaps this show is just going to devolve into more violence and treachery as it goes on, much as Prohibition -Era crime seemed to. It all started off as one thing: the dawn of a Golden Era of Temperance and Progress for some, the chance to make a buck for others. But the longer it went on the more the corruption, blood warfare, and outright flaunting of the law by otherwise decent people made it seem like a great disaster with dreadful consequences. Manny killing Angela? Where in the Hell did THAT come from?

And as far as Jimmy goes, I love him and Pitt and find him fascinating. I love his relationship with Harrow. But he is motivated by money, power, resentment of both his biological and pseudo- fathers, manipulation by the mother with whom he has possibly had incestuous relations, and possibly PTSD. He kills without remorse, starting with the poor schlubs in the woods last season and most recently with the scalping of a wheelchair-bound old codger whose only crime was being a ginormous asshole. He does have a certain amount of honor, as evidenced by his reluctance to kill Nucky and his tender avenging of Pearl. If anyone is a sociopath, it's Jimmy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As for Owen, he grew up poor in an occupied land (like Margaret), at or near the bottom of a crushing class system that kept people's dreams squelched for generations. He saw his father killed by a brutal police force. I understand his motives a lot more than Indonesia Jimmy's.

Edited by Scoutlet, Nov 12, 2011 @ 6:28 AM.

little ghost

little ghost

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 12:35 PM

Owen could never replace Jimmy. He's a totally different character with different motives, and without the long-held bond with Nucky that Jimmy had.

Of course he's a different character, I just don't want him to replace Jimmy in the sense that he'll get the same amount of screen time, etc. because his character is just uninteresting to me.

Scoutlet

Scoutlet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 2:22 AM

I'd like to edit my previous post to state that that "Indonesia Jimmy" is a spellcheck typo, not some weird nickname I conjured. I meant to say "I do Jimmy's."

Spellcheck can be a force for evil, like a game of Telephone gone terribly awry.

cheapbeer

cheapbeer

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 6:11 PM

First time poster, long time lurker.

I have my doubts whether Jimmy will be killed. I can see Angela being killed along with Eli and Gillian.

If anyone watched The Sopranos, someone on another board mentioned that Jimmy maybe following the story line of Richie Aprile. He's setting himself up to be whacked by Tony and then, it's RIchie's wife who does it. If Jimmy dies this season, I could see it being done by Gillian because he does not want to follow through with plans for power as he has the conscious that the other gangsters he associates with lacks.

To me, the Gillian and Jimmy escapade, while obvious, would be a bigger shocker than him dying as everyone expects that.

Edited by cheapbeer, Nov 13, 2011 @ 6:26 PM.

Scoutlet

Scoutlet

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 10:46 PM

Please tell me Emily doesn't die. Margaret would go insane and Nucky doesn't need to go through that again.

mereh2o

mereh2o

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

I think Emily's going to be a victim of the killer flu strain going around at that time.

Edited by mereh2o, Nov 13, 2011 @ 11:11 PM.

Scaramanga

Scaramanga

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 1:35 PM

Can I just sat how much I love the name "Indonesia Jimmy?" I will always think of his as Indonesia Jimmy now. It's like Panama Jack or Minnesota Fats.

Bookrat

Bookrat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 1:28 AM

Please tell me Emily doesn't die. Margaret would go insane and Nucky doesn't need to go through that again.

Well, the scenes for next week did show a shot of a coffin and Rose crying and looking very upset, so Emily could be dying. I think it's too late for the killer flu, wasn't that 1918, so I'm guessing it's polio. They made a big deal about her swimming in the lake. Wasn't that how Roosevelt got polio?

Edited by Bookrat, Nov 16, 2011 @ 1:29 AM.

Mathematician

Mathematician

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 8:15 AM

Well, the scenes for next week did show a shot of a coffin and Rose crying and looking very upset, so Emily could be dying. I think it's too late for the killer flu, wasn't that 1918, so I'm guessing it's polio. They made a big deal about her swimming in the lake. Wasn't that how Roosevelt got polio?

One of the biggest killers of kids today is still the flu, I think we forget how dangerous it is because it's so prevalent.

While I agree all signs point to polio by way of anvils by the writers - I think the illness itself typically presented quicker. That's to say: fever to apparent weakness.

I just met a lady in a wheelchair who has Post-Polio Syndrome she had a lot to say about the importance of vaccines. Come to think of it one thing that doesn't ring true on this show is how many kids didn't make it out of childhood and how dangerous simple illnesses could be or the fact that everyone got chicken pox, mumps etc (even small pox) and a personal favorite of mine: TB.

Apparently they are going to do separate time-lines for Margret and Nucky:

HBO's synopsis for episode 9:

Arriving in Belfast, Nucky and Owen meet with IRA leaders with a barter proposition. Meanwhile, in Atlantic City, Jimmy and his partners broker a deal with George Remus (Glenn Fleshler) for his “medicinal” alcohol before taking a break to see/hear the Dempsey fight. Margaret frets when Emily’s (Josie and Lucy Gallina) illness takes a turn for the worse; Dunn Purnsley (Erik LaRay Harvey) orchestrates a worker’s strike at the Ritz; Waxey Gordon (Nick Sandow) takes action against Manny Horvitz (William Forsythe) in Philadelphia; Randolph and Clifford Lathrop (Curt Bouril) grill Halloran about Nucky’s past.

Princess Louie

Princess Louie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 11:50 AM

I'm absolutely convinced Emily has polio, based not only on the symptoms, but the age - during the 1920's polio was basically the AIDS of the 80's. Nobody was sure how you got it. If a family had a member with polio, the neighbors shunned them for fear of getting it too.

I know this because I am a member of - don't laugh - the Junior League of Nashville, which, when founded in 1922, decided to focus on children with polio - a radical and revolutionary decision for the time, and for the Junior League movement at large, which was founded to by Mary Harriman and her friends (including Eleanor Roosevelt) to help the immigrant families on the Lower East Side. Since Nashville had no immigrants to speak in the 1920's, they asked around what the biggest need was, and the answer came from the medical community: we don't know what to do with the children who have contracted polio. So the League started a home for them, where they bathed them, fed them, raised money to support them in relative comfort - and made sure they had doctors to monitor their health.

I apologize for the backstory, but it is very important to understand what polio meant in the 1920's - and beyond. There's a reason that Jonas Salk is considered at the top of any list of greatest Americans of the 20th Century. Hopefully there is someone out there who will be the hero of the 21st - by finding a vaccine for AIDS.

My point is this: you can't tell a story set in the 1920's without polio.

Not to mention, given what I wrote above about how people reacted to polio victims and their families, it opens all kinds of storylines for BE re Nucky and Margaret's relationship, and how Emily's illness impacts Nucky's drive to get back in power.

Sorry for rambling, and for getting somewhat off topic.

babyfoot

babyfoot

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 11:19 AM

In Page Six today(yes, I'm pure class) Paz blabbed that her baby dies this season. Although it's an uncomfortable and awful plot twist, it wouldn't be completely unexpected that a child from those two lunatics would fail to thrive. Of course, these two sources, Paz and Page Six, must be considered with a grain of salt. I wouldn't bet rent money on anything divulged by these two things.

RangerGirl

RangerGirl

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 6:18 PM

From Ausiello...

Question: Any good Boardwalk Empire spoilers? —Erin
Ausiello: What’s worse than having one child stricken with polio? How about two! And what’s worse than having two children stricken with polio? Finding out that one of them is ****** **.

Damn. Poor Teddy. Poor Margaret.

I may be having a slow night, but can't for the life of me figure out the asterisks. Something "up"?

Niwind

Niwind

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

I may be having a slow night, but can't for the life of me figure out the asterisks. Something "up"?

I think the asterisks says "faking it". Teddy probably fakes the symptoms of polio. He is a mess.

Margaret is going to be too through with this mess. lol