12-XX: 2010.09.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

34 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:07 PM

Clip show.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:23 PM

That was actually more entertaining than I expected. Mind you, my standards going in were very low.

That spider-eating thing was disturbing. I found it hard to even watch. What on earth prompted her to think, "Hey, a spider. Why don't I eat it?" I guess it was good to hear her say in the DR that it was the first one. I'd hate to think this was some kind of creepy hobby. What was the TV show a few years ago, when a guy really likes a girl till he discovers her apartment is filled with her collection of live bugs?

Seeing Rachel again after a few weeks break was sort of jarring. I forgot how loud she was. And watching her and Brendan's "I am Vegas. No, you're not." conversation made me find it impossible to picture them ever making it as a couple. She's already holding it over his head that she sacrificed Vegas for him, and she hasn't even moved yet. I laughed when he said, "I'm allowed to not like something about you," and she said, "No, you're not." Yeah, that's going to work.

Also funny? The whole bit about Lane not getting "that's what she said".

Hey, it's 10:23 and I'm the entire thread! That's a first for me. I should always comment on boring clip shows.

Edited by Melina Detroit, Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:24 PM.

juneboy44

juneboy44

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:37 PM

I stopped watching after the first 30 minutes. Can you say boring?

Eating a spider? Ever heard of Fear Factor? Didn't bother me in the least bit.

Can I just say that Lane is fuckerbitching hot! He's dumb as a bucket of rocks but still hot!

Edited by juneboy44, Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:38 PM.

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:41 PM

4 posts?! I didn't miss much, eh? I watched the first 20 minutes or so and went back to my season 5 dvd of The Golden Girls. These HG's are incredibly dull. Even the "drama" lacked drama.

Glad this shitfest is almost over. Bring on Survivor!

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:47 PM

I FF'd thru most of the show. It's the quickest episode I've ever watched, and I always FF the previouslies. There wasn't much that wasn't shown before. It's now a tradition the final 3 eat and pretend to have a spontaneous conversation that is clip worthy? Last seasons was the same, but I don't think it was in all the past seasons.

I enjoyed seeing the spiderfest and everyone ragging on Rachel's constant, annoying laughter. On to the finale with the Brigade the best, most secret all around awesome alliance evah! Just ask them.

Babylonia

Babylonia

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:54 PM

The.Most.Boring.Episode.Ev-ah.

Clevegal42

Clevegal42

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:55 PM

I liked the Zingbot...that's something I want to institute into my own day - just bring a robot to the office and have it zing coworkers. Because it was pretty funny sometimes. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

Other than that, the rest was whatever.

juneboy44: Can I just say that Lane is fuckerbitching hot! He's dumb as a bucket of rocks but still hot!

Amen! Just have to train him to keep his yap shut. He is definitely something that should be seen and not heard because, damn boy are you dumb!

sofa addicted

sofa addicted

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the object was to make Rachel look bad in this clip show, but replays of the actions of Britney and Ragan really drove home why I came to despise them. I was stunned to hear the unedited portion of the Rachel/Ragan battle where she said "if that's your gameplay, you suck at it" because isn't that where in earlier clips, it sounded like she said "you're gay.....you suck at it"? It makes tons more sense that she'd say his gameplay sucked than to say he sucked at being gay. And her saying he had no friends in the house, it was a game, was exactly right: I hope he reflected on what she said about that when he found himself shunned and evicted.

Oh, Ragan, Ragan, Ragan. I think it's safe to say that many BB viewers have become aware of the evil you always knew was inside you, and I don't think you're going to be too happy when you find out how they feel about it.

Breath We Drew

Breath We Drew

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

No Rachel definitely told him he sucked at being gay. She also made comment on his gameplay.

The fight does remind me again why I can't feel bad for Rachel. She goes in to start drama, and when someone calls her out on her shit, she plays victim. If you don't want to get shit don't go starting it up. I love drama as much as the next person, but own up to it, and don't act like you haven't done anything. Rachel likes to compare herself to Janelle. Didn't Janelle at least know she was a bitch and own it?

Zingbot! I think everyone needs one of those.

Really though everyone bitches about people being bullies. Rachel, Ragan, Britney. Um... I hope Jen is sitting at home on her couch laughing at them, and thinking "Did you guys see season 8." I love Britney, am neutral on Ragan, hate Rachel, but seriously until they get stuck in the house with Evel Dick, they should stop crying.

Edited by Breath We Drew, Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:10 PM.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:04 PM

I am so glad they showed the clip where Enzo thought the S at the end of the Saboteur message stood for "Sheriff." That is quite possibly the stupidest thought uttered by anyone this season and it really highlights how dumb and useless Enzo really is.

I'm glad we saw more (although not all) of the Zingbot. Despite all of the fights and mildly entertaining competitions, the Zingbot was my personal favorite moment of the season as it was truly hilarious. That metallic "Zingggggggg!" at the end of everyone of its insults cracks me up every time. Hopefully the Zingbot will be back next season.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:13 PM

I have a hard time accepting that the argument between Brendon and Rachel over how Rachel is Vegas and Brendon is So Not Vegas was spontaneously generated. Do people really talk like that? She moved to Vegas when she was 22 (which would be, what, a couple years ago?) because she WAS Vegas? Huh? How did she become Vegas before she even moved there? And if she IS Vegas, how could she leave it for some guy she knew for a few weeks on a reality show? And what happens to Vegas when Rachel leaves? Does she take it with her? Do they part ways? Will it require some kind of surgical intervention? I know these two are idiots, but how does anyone have that conversation without laughing?

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

Did they really replay the Britney/Brigade reveal scene from two episodes ago in its near-entirety? Give me a break. They should've just put Enzo diving over Ragan to grab the CD on repeat for the entire hour... That would have been far more satisfying.

beansandtoast

beansandtoast

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:58 PM

Did they really replay the Britney/Brigade reveal scene from two episodes ago in its near-entirety? Give me a break. They should've just put Enzo diving over Ragan to grab the CD on repeat for the entire hour... That would have been far more satisfying.

Ah yes but how would Brit win AF.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

Also funny? The whole bit about Lane not getting "that's what she said".

I thought Lane got it until he DR'ed, "She does EVERYTHING!" *facepalm!*

I have to reverse my previously pro-Rachel stance, just based on the "Rachel's laugh" montage. Worse, that anyone at all has felt the need to imitate it. I thought Ragen had been the only one to mock Rachel's laugh until the montage.

Was it just me, or did Zingbot skip over Ragen? What, too PC to mock him, or not worth the effort?

BTW, thanks Clip Show, for reminding me why this season sucked so badly: three palookas patting themselves on the back about their final three alliance, and showing me a whole slew of people (Annie, Andrew, Brendan, Rachel) who probably deserved it more. You know, on account of them actually doing things. Am I the only one bothered at all that Annie did more in one week than Ragen did in the whole time he was on, before and after his Sab time, and RAGEN gets the Sab money? There's something immensely wrong with that.

One perk: getting to see Britney cry a lot. I forgot how much she cried this season.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:17 PM

I didn't realize it was a clip show. I probably would have skipped it if I hadn't already eaten myself into a near coma. I didn't need to see all those clips of Ragan being my least-favorite houseguest in history. With so many players in the house who liked punching things (Monet, Lane), why didn't anyone punch Ragan?

There is no god . . .

yosemite05

yosemite05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

I didn't mind a clip show. And I didn't mind it being narrated by the remaining houseguests. However, having them go on ad nauseum about how the Brigade engineered and was responsible for everything that happened in the house was beyond obnoxious. Ugh.

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 11:20 PM

Great show! It allowed me to finish the laundry, take out the garbage, pay bill, finish the dinner dishes and pack lunches.

I will admit to laughing at Enzo and the "sheriff vs saboteur" on the letter. Hilarious the first time and still funny.

mamajj

mamajj

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

I didn't realize it was a clip show. I probably would have skipped it if I hadn't already eaten myself into a near coma. I didn't need to see all those clips of Ragan being my least-favorite houseguest in history. With so many players in the house who liked punching things (Monet, Lane), why didn't anyone punch Ragan?

There is no god . . .

You took the words right out of my mouth. I to did not know it was a "best of show" I thought final HOH was tonight eliminating one & leaving the final 2 til Wednesday. What a fucking disappointment. Seriously it was a waste. Thank God I insisted on watching the last 5 minutes of the game so BB was on DVR & we could FF. So really it was only 30 minutes. SIGH

Edited by mamajj, Sep 12, 2010 @ 11:54 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 3:00 AM

Worse, that anyone at all has felt the need to imitate it

The only time I have laughed hard enough to rewind all season was Hayden's DR talking about and imitating Rachel's laugh. I don't know if that was an unseen DR or I just missed it the first time, but it cracked me up. He described it as something like a combination of a hyena(?) with a hog at the end and then imitated the "heeheeheehee" perfectly with the - wait for it... snort at the end. I watched him do it three or four times and then FF through the rest.

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 8:42 AM

I think they showed all the house guests speaking at some point, with the exception of Monet. Apparently they deemed the black gurl not worthy of inclusion in the recap show.

Zingbot never did a zing of Ragan? Even on the actual zingbot episode? I'm sure any of us TWOPers could have hit him with dozens of zingers and not even gotten winded.

I see a future for Retchel on some really bad Hispanic novella. Especially fitting with the bad florescent extensions, overdone eye makeup and gigantic bewbs. "Estoy Vegas, debes amar todo de mí." Now...grimace, turn on heel, and flounce out of room. End scene.

Gawd, my stomach was churning at the "season in review" going on while they were stuffing their gullets with pasta. *PUKE* Enzo's table manners are 10 times more disgusting than Kristen's spider eating. Why didn't they have them do the reminiscing while enjoying libations, yo? The only decent part of this clip show was when they went back to day 2 and Enzo was naming his "gang" the BroGayed and listing their names - when he got to his name "The Meow Meow" and then production threw in the sound of a kitten mewing, one of my Maltese starting barking at the TV and shaking her toys. Kill the Meow Meow! Kill! LOLZ! Ah, good times, good times.

These final 3 goons were the most boring bunch of bores that ever bored. Glad to see this season over with. CBS and Alison "Fug" Grodner, you still owe me 1 summer of mindless entertainment! You brought the mindless, but forgot the entertainment part.

Edited by HighMaintenance, Sep 13, 2010 @ 8:52 AM.

nottopbravo

nottopbravo

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 10:16 AM

Yawn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

coffeecrisp

coffeecrisp

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

I would have preferred a whole season of just the Zingbot. Seriously. I only lasted 15 minutes. After the Rachel mocking, there really wasn't much point.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 11:31 AM

Was it just me, or did Zingbot skip over Ragen? What, too PC to mock him, or not worth the effort?

They skipped Ragan in the episode, but CBS has the clip listed on it's youtube channel and on there you can see that Zingbot does insult Ragan (and Enzo, I think they skipped over him in this episode too.) For Ragan it says "Ragan, I haven't seen anything as skinny as you since floppy disks!" For Enzo it says "Hey Meow Meow, what's your wife's nickname? Ruff Ruff."

Edited by Dilandau, Sep 13, 2010 @ 11:31 AM.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 11:34 AM

Whenever they do one of these clip shows it makes me wonder how the remaining three are directed. I mean, quite obviously, they are being told what to comment on so the appropriate clips are shown. I wonder if there is actually a director standing in the room with them, off camera, going "Now say something about how you remember Rachel's laugh. Now say something about the Zingbot. Now talk about Brittany." I mean, they aren't just coincidentally standing there reminiscing in front of the memory wall. The behind-the-scenes production has got to be more interesting than what we actually see on the show.

pipermaru

pipermaru

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 12:37 PM

Whenever they do one of these clip shows it makes me wonder how the remaining three are directed. I mean, quite obviously, they are being told what to comment on so the appropriate clips are shown.

They get their instructions in the DR. Someone tells them where to go and what to talk about. They're also given a list of things that they're not allowed to talk about. For instance, when production hides a HGs racism, homophobia, or Hitler admiration from TV viewers, HGs are told not to mention these topics during their semi-scripted flashback conversation. If they slip up, they stop and repeat the whole conversation from the beginning.

Edited by pipermaru, Sep 13, 2010 @ 12:38 PM.

BBG

BBG

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 1:03 PM

Yawn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That's what she said! Zzzzzzzzinggg!

serendip

serendip

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 2:11 PM

HighMaintenance ... Your post was more entertaining than the entire episode ... possibly more entertaining than the whole season.

Edited by serendip, Sep 13, 2010 @ 2:11 PM.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 2:34 PM

My favorite part of the episode was when Lane very matter-of-factly said that if the Zingbot was in the house full-time he'd be romantically aligned with Kathy.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 2:47 PM

I have to reverse my previously pro-Rachel stance, just based on the "Rachel's laugh" montage. Worse, that anyone at all has felt the need to imitate it.

Seriously. Rachel, to paraphrase Lucy Ricardo, stop cackling -- I've been waiting all summer for you to lay that egg!

Oh, and Kristen? Congratulations on eating the spider. Nine-year-old boys everywhere now think that you're the coolest thing on the planet (which would explain Matt's admiration of that feat!)

Zingbot for the win!

lakewood27

lakewood27

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 3:41 PM

I think Kristin got more screen time last night than during her entire run on the show.