12-28: 2010.09.09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

56 replies to this topic

mamajj

mamajj

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

BOOOORRRING!!! Wow that show was really lame. The only thing I was looking forward to was the JH. Matt having to confess all to Ragan. Loved it. Maybe we can all pitch in a dollar & buy Matt some big boy pajama bottoms. My goodness..he is a grown ass man & he is wearing footsies in the middle of the day. GMAFB. My son stopped wearing those when he was one.

Enzo is officially useless. Not one HOH. His family seems so normal & he is so Meow Meow. Baby Gia was cute. I loved her penguin.

I say Hayden for the win.

Babylonia

Babylonia

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 12:24 AM

Who knew that Enzo's wife would be so pretty and they'd have such a cute baby? I loved Mom getting baby a penguin in honor of the "shunned" penguin suit. I've decided Enzo looks better with a hat. All those tufts of hair are distracting.

I was so shocked to find that I really liked Enzo's family. All along I've wondered who could possibly marry this guy and have children with him..but they seem to be such a loving family, they'd forgive his (many) flaws. At least I'll feel better about it if Enzo eventually wins. I think it's unlikely Lane will beat Hayden in any kind of competition, but if he does, the smart thing would be to take Enzo instead. I hope not. What Hayden winning would lack in drama, would be more than equaled by the justice of it all. He deserves it over Enzo, and Lane would be my last choice to win anything. Not that Lane would really care, since he's taken care of by mommy and daddy. I figure he chose to go on the show to impress his buddies with behind the scenes stories.

One last point: I think Hayden needs the money the most. I read that yes, Enzo does work two jobs (insurance adjuster and real estate agent) but I'm pretty sure they're both part-time jobs. His wife is apparently a vice-president of a bank - I think it's much more likely that she's the major breadwinner.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 12:25 AM

Really? They wasted Morph with a crappy little game that Lane(!) solved in 73 seconds. The competitions have been so bad this year, from the random games to the lack of quizzes to the endurances that the whole house throws.

While she may be good for drama, I just can't stand Rachel and her over-dramatic ways. Once again she started it with Ragan and once again he got the best of her and she ran away hurling a weak insult. This time even Brendon looked embarrassed. Everything Ragan said was true, Rachel had a horrible social game. She hung out with 1 person the entire time she was there, went on a power trip when she was in control and became a nightmare when things didn't go her way. Plus I do believe she was involved in every fight this season either directly or indirectly(Brendon going off trying to save her).

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 12:54 AM

He (Hayden) has been in total control for at least the last three weeks. While I do not find him exciting, I do not find him repellent and his performance in the POV and the first part of the HOH was masterful. I would be cool with him winning.

So would I. Reading this makes me realize that for the entire season, I've been completely fixated on Hayden's hair and how much handsomer he'd be without the long droopy bangs. So much so that I don't think I ever really see him, I'm too busy trying to convince him telepathically to visit a barber. But now that you mention it...he has played a good game. (How many haircuts could he get for half a million dollars?)

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 1:32 AM

It is what it is. Yo.

I won $50 tonight because Enzo lost and that was his comment on the loss. Thanks for being so predictable, yo.

Even though I was spoiled I wanted to see how the heck Lane could lose that swinging vine comp. The guy played college football so I would have thought he could take a hit better than the other two, although Hayde is an athlete as well - baseball.

The jury house was the only reason I tuned in tonight and I was relieved to see that the summer showmance is over. I think Brendon is a nice guy and while he isn't the first nice guy to fall for a Rachel, he deserves better. I still find Ragan to be an insufferable little shit.

Cyric29

Cyric29

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 6:36 AM

Even though I was spoiled I wanted to see how the heck Lane could lose that swinging vine comp. The guy played college football so I would have thought he could take a hit better than the other two, although Hayde is an athlete as well - baseball.

Found this about Hayden...apparently he's played some football too, though not at a big school.
http://thesundevils....s_hayden00.html

sofa addicted

sofa addicted

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 9:31 AM

Hayden mentioned in a DR that the ropes took him back to when he played football and was making hits. As soon as I heard him say that, I knew he had to have been a QB and yep, now I see that he had been. Hayden might have showed off his body all summer but he sure did a good job of hiding a very sharp mind under that haystack he calls hair. Even that might have been a ploy to give him that empty-headed surfer dude look and keep people thinking he wasn't a serious contender.

wootan

wootan

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 9:50 AM

Once again she started it with Ragan and once again he got the best of her and she ran away hurling a weak insult.

Rachel just starts fights so she'll get her mug on camera.

Enzo's wife is very pretty!

4WeddingCritic6

4WeddingCritic6

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 9:53 AM

Immediately got the message that the shomance between B/R is over, hope Brendan meets a nice girl in grad school. Ragan continues to skeeve me out, with his "kissing conversation" and "reality" (OH snap) comment to Rachel; just reinforces what a complete ass, he is. I believe that Ragan wasnt too bothered by Matt's reveal (about wife), but was trying to figure out how to turn it into a dramatic showcase for himself. The analogy to Charlie Brown was gag inducing. Matt's even worse with his desperate bid for attention in wearing those pathetic pajamas. Award for bad acting though goes to Rachel, she's so over this that she's just phoning it in. She looked really bad too, like she's been drinking a lot.
I think Hayden can take anyone with him to the end and win. I would prefer he take Enzo, the lesser of two evils. I did like seeing Enzo's wife/family, they seemed very nice and their child is cute.

chesslover

chesslover

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:01 AM

I thought Enzo had a good shot at winning with the strategy he started with. Unfortunately his brain didn't function well enough.

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:42 AM

I don't have any way of going back and looking at this, but did anybody else notice Lane's seat when he fell? It looked to me like it broke in half. I figure he probably broke it when he came off, not a production problem, but I'm not sure if I really saw that either.

If it did, that had to smart. Dragging your personals across a broken piece of wood.

Out of this totally meh ending, I think this is Hayden's to lose. I think he's been pretty masterful at watching and waiting for the time to spring. I haven't watched every minute but I don't recall anybody saying they disliked him or anything. I think he's handled himself pretty well.

rory

rory

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:54 AM

I don't know why you all think it's over between Brendon and Rachel. I noticed he had his hand on her leg at one point. Then he followed her back inside.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 12:45 PM

The jury house was a big letdown. Ragan is still insufferable. I don't even like Rachel but Ragan is not the behavior police. It is not his place to say what the correct behavior is in the BB house. This is not a fraternity, it's a TV show and a competition. His strategy got him landed in the jury house before F4 just like Rachel's did. I know Rachel egged him on but he doesn't seem to understand that ultimately he fared no better than Rachel in this game despite thinking he'd played the superior social game. If Rachel wants to stir up shit and create drama, it's not Ragan's place to say whether that's right or wrong.

I hate the way the show is propping the Brigade. Granted, it's all they've got left, but Julie went too far in saying they orchestrated every eviction this season. Hello! Rachel was responsible for Monet and Kristen's evictions, not the Brigade. And while Hayden was HoH in Week 1, it was a house decision to evict Annie. I don't think the Brigade had to twist anybody's arms. Despite the insistence by Enzo's mom that he's been manipulating people into doing his bidding, I've seen no evidence of it all summer. He and Lane have essentially ridden coattails on Hayden and Matt, and they weren't even successful in getting all four of the Brigade to the final four. Let's not pretend they are the cleverest things to ever grace this show.

I thought Enzo's mom looked like Arianna Huffington only with a different accent.

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 1:23 PM

Despite the insistence by Enzo's mom that he's been manipulating people into doing his bidding, I've seen no evidence of it all summer.

That's just how good Enzo is. He's manipulated everyone and controlled everything (just ask him!) and even manipulated you into thinking it wasn't happening. Pretty sneaky, that one.

Or he's a doofus. One or the other.

FirstBornLast

FirstBornLast

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 1:28 PM

Hello! Rachel was responsible for Monet and Kristen's evictions, not the Brigade.

If you'll recall, Rachel (and Brendon) tried, unsuccessfully, to flip the Monet vote and get rid of "pawn" Matt. As far as Kristen, even though she was Rachel's target, the Brigade had 3 of the 7 votes that week and influenced another two, through the Matt/Ragan and Lane/Britney connections.

The Brigade may have made for boring TV/feeds, but they really did control the season.

lakewood27

lakewood27

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 1:44 PM

The Brigade may have made for boring TV/feeds, but they really did control the season.

They were a voting bloc in a season where it didn't matter. They didn't win challenges and didn't make any game-changing moves. The only thing they did was keep a secret for 65 days.

dantsea

dantsea

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 2:16 PM

I have nothing to say about the remaining houseguests. Hayden will get the half million, Lane will get the fifty thou, and Enzo will get what he deserves for not competing.

The jury house was more interesting to me.

"You and I don't share a common reality," is a great line to use when you've painted yourself into a corner in an argument, and it's a line that Ragan is quite adept at using to shut people down, I'm sure. That Rachel is too dim to do much more than react benefits him greatly. If that big gay fish every really left his small pond, he'd be vaporized by greater minds.

But Rachel, really, if you didn't want an assessment of your social game, you shouldn't have asked the aging twink to provide one.

The rest of the jury house, or at least Kathy, need to stop acting like Matt raped their dog in a social game because he made up something about his wife. Feeling Ways About Things and taking them too personally in the game is the reason most of those idiots were evicted. You're not in the game to make friends, you're there to win a half million dollars.

That said, everything from Matt's stupid hair to stupid pajamas to his stupid grin irritated me. There are very few holistically annoying people in the world, but he's one of them.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

But Rachel, really, if you didn't want an assessment of your social game, you shouldn't have asked the aging twink to provide one.

She asked for the "assessment," and Ragan told her all the drama left the BB house with her. She disagreed, proclaiming (dramatically) there was no drama in the Jury House until he arrived. She then argued and continued the drama with her exit...flouncing back into the house, proving Ragan's point--even to Brendon.

As for Enzo and his manipulating...his poor mother is probably the only one he has been able to manipulate--and she knows that only because others have been telling her for decades.

SlimmerCharles

SlimmerCharles

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 6:11 PM

The best part of this show was when they were at Enzo's house and they showed him getting the penguin suit. There was a guy in a "Team Meow Meow" shirt that said "Bye bye Meow Meow, hello Penguin". And then they showed Enzo saying the same thing. And then they cut back to the old guy who did a "Hey, I said the same thing" type motion.

Oh that and the announcer saying "The Beast, the monster and....the Meow Meow" in a serious tone.

paganstar

paganstar

Couch Potato

• Interests:Gardening, Writing, and Science Fiction

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 6:43 PM

The Meow-Meow's amily was nicer than I thought they'd be; still, I doubt he's going to win the prize, even i he winds up in the top two. I agree, this is Hayden's to lose.

She did, but I don't think he's an idiot to hit the easy volley she gave him. She did have a horrible social game, and whether she likes it or not, it's probably a big reason she didn't do better in the game. All he did was try to explain it to her.

Word, she asked his opinion, not his fault if she didn't like it. Watching their spat, I got the sense that she wanted to be told she played a fabulous game, and got upset when he wouldn't oblige.

Re: rachel and brendon - Yes, I agree, I think it's officially over.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 7:04 PM

Watching the jury house footage is like entering some bizarre-o world that has the barest vague resemblance to my own but just doesn't quite make sense. I simply cannot comprehend the horror! the shock! the controversy! over Matt's "lie." Are these people insane? It's a friggin' game show! What the f?

In other news, Brendan is a total total douche to be sure (and his underdog status in the last few weeks will not cause me to forget that) - but I will say, damn, he is one incredibly hot douche.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2, Sep 10, 2010 @ 7:04 PM.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 8:10 PM

I wonder if Brendan heard some whisperings about Rachel and how she's perceived on his way to the Jury house. That may explain the weirdness between them.

Rachel only wanted him for the $500K and someone to play with for the summer.

cjuniverse

cjuniverse

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

Based on what Enzo's wife said, I'm starting to think most of Enzo's "losses" may not be accidents. This may be his game. Get everyone to think he's not very good so they'll think he's an easy target in the finals. Anytime Enzo's position is threatened, he steps it up but when he knows he's safe, he loses.

Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2010 @ 6:23 PM

I don't know why you all think it's over between Brendon and Rachel. I noticed he had his hand on her leg at one point. Then he followed her back inside.

I saw that too, but it was one-sided on his part. She looked like he was tolerating it. So far we haven't seen her sucking his face and cooing "mymanmymanmymanMYman" at him.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2010 @ 7:57 PM

I don't know why you all think it's over between Brendon and Rachel. I noticed he had his hand on her leg at one point. Then he followed her back inside

I saw that too, but it was one-sided on his part. She looked like he was tolerating it. So far we haven't seen her sucking his face and cooing "mymanmymanmymanMYman" at him.

I could be imagining it, but my impression was that those gestures were more "cool it, calm down" than an expression of love.

cjuniverse

cjuniverse

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 7:15 PM

I was always under the impression that Brendan and Rachel's relationship on the show was more over the top because of Rachel's love for the camera.

But in the Jury house, I feel the relationship is more natural and taken down quite a few notches. Or maybe you guys are right and it's just for show. But at this point (if it is for show), why bother? Who cares about what's going in the Jury. It's not the main focus of the show. They showed Jury, what, two times? And it's short. So why continue the showmance?

Edited by cjuniverse, Sep 12, 2010 @ 7:16 PM.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 11:23 PM

I was always under the impression that Brendan and Rachel's relationship on the show was more over the top because of Rachel's love for the camera.
But in the Jury house, I feel the relationship is more natural and taken down quite a few notches. Or maybe you guys are right and it's just for show. But at this point (if it is for show), why bother? Who cares about what's going in the Jury. It's not the main focus of the show. They showed Jury, what, two times? And it's short. So why continue the showmance?

IMO, Grodner and her minions are the ones who want a "showmance" and pushed it between both Rachel & Brendon and Hayden & Kristen. I bet they will talk about the great romance at the finale. However the true reality is that the romance was doa when Brendon didn't win the half million.