12-27: 2010.09.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

50 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:24 AM

Final POV and eviction.

sedeyus

sedeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:03 PM

The topic here is THIS EPISODE. -- Mars

Edited by TWoP Mars, Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:26 AM.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

Awww, man, I'll miss Britney. She was the only one left I could laugh with, not at.

Everybody excited for the next week of the "Hayden Moss Marches Unstoppably to Winning Half a Mil Show!"

Nah, me neither.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:08 PM

Lane's performance during the PoV competition was shameful. He may very well be one of the dumbest house guests ever - and I thought before he said tonight that Britney was one of the nicest people he has ever known.

I'm hoping all of Britney's tears don't translate into votes for this final America's Choice poll. She and her buddy Ragan would both be disgraceful winners of what is usually one of the better decisions America makes each year.

Hopefully Hayden will not, not so much because he is the most deserving (which he is); but because he is the least despicable of these three lunkheads.

rory

rory

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:08 PM

Best episode ever! Loved when the bitch realized she'd got got. Was cheering when Britney was evicted.

thalia ann

thalia ann

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:11 PM

"Brittney, you are a great representative and role model for the female community and I'm sure women everywhere are proud of you."*

Way to go Lane. Even Enzo beat you at the card game. I am now somewhat more impressed with Hayden, who apparently has been thinking under those shaggy bangs.

ETA: I voted for Brendan to win favorite houseguest. If I had $500,000 I would use it to run up votes for Rachel just to see Ragan and Brittney's expressions when it happened. Well, I'll cross my fingers and hope that Jordan feels the same way!

* What I really, REALLY wanted Hayden to say in his goodbye message.

Edited by thalia ann, Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:14 PM.

Cyric29

Cyric29

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

Best episode ever! Loved when the bitch realized she'd got got. Was cheering when Britney was evicted.

I was LMAO..."oh I played the entire summer for nothing"...no Britney, you didn't play, that's why you're going home.

shanana52674

shanana52674

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:16 PM

Did anyone else notice that Britney never mentioned Nick in her eviction speech?

Pixles

Pixles

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:21 PM

That episode felt like a Lane and Britney lovefest. CBS really wants them to be together, his goodbye was really long.

Hayden did great on POV, Lane was awful. He can't remember who he put on the block last week. I know he was kidding but that answered the "has he studied anything?" question.

Enzo on the rope screaming Meow Meow was hilarious.

I felt bad for Britney, I do hope she gets AC. Just because the Brigade thinks they're entitled to it and I don't want any of them getting it.

Did anyone else notice that Britney never mentioned Nick in her eviction speech?

I didn't notice until Enzo mentioned him. Then I realized she never said his name. I don't expect that relationship to last.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:21 PM

I did notice that she didn't mention Nick, actually, but apparently she did in her extended interview.

rory

rory

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:22 PM

And she didn't get nothing. Bitchney She got $10K on top of her stipend. I'd take it.

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:27 PM

[snip] Britney does not come across as a mean-spirited back stabber. [snip] America's heard her say some funny stuff. "Being a casualty" of the Brigade in Britney's speech and hearing all the guys outgush each other in the good-byes will convince a lot of America to vote for her. I'd like to see Brendan get it, but he's been gone for several weeks, so that lowers his chances. Keesha got it her year, and she was in a similar position to Britney. Looks foregone to me.

But, at least she won't be in the Final 2. It's Hayden's game to win. He really brought in on in the Veto competition. He'll have a good chance to win the final HOH. He certainly won't have any competition in anything requiring brains. For awhile Lane had me fooled and I thought their was brain matter underneath that "aw shucks" dopiness. Wow, was I wrong. He was an embarrassment in the POV comp. He didn't get a single answer right, that I could see.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:53 AM.
Topic

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:29 PM

Judging from what I've read online, I think America's vote will come down to Brenden and Britney, not any members of the Brigade. So if somebody doesn't want it to be Britney, it's better to vote for Brenden than anyone else because he's the only one who has a shot at beating her, especially after the Britney pity party on tonight's show.

Lane's comment that seeing Britney cry was like "putting a good dog down" was disturbing on so many levels. A) it suggests that he could care less about putting down a "bad dog" and B) it equates his relationship to Britney with his relationship to one of his dogs and considering that he told a story about giving one of his boxers a bloody nose during a wrestling match... Britney should stay with Nick, that's all I'm saying.

But of course, BB shows us the good ole boy Texan and the southern Belle beauty queen on the show instead of the real Lane and Britney.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:30 PM

Hayden smoked that POV. At this point, I'm reduced to rooting really, really hard for him, if only because both Enzo and Lane are such vile, hateful, awful asshats.

If I ever actually voted about anything on this show, ever, I'd be voting for Britney for AC. If only because she's the only one that consistantly entertained me this season. I don't think any of these people are great examples of character, but at least she wasn't boring. Or someone who I think should be in jail.

Hayden continues to give the classiest, most thought out, strategic good-bye messages of anyone. Hell, I even kind of believe it. I think deep down he is a really nice kid, with really bad hair, and an unfortunate tendancy to shout at me in the DR.

I did have to laugh at Julie's description of next Wednesday's 2 hour finale: "Secrets will be revealed, scores will be settled". Oh, Julie, I've watched this show a season or 12. I know damn well that only stupid secrets will be revealed, and absolutely no scores will be settled. It will be 10 minutes of Brendon & Rachel drama, 10 minutes of how much Ragan and Britney hate them, 10 minutes of stupid Sab stuff that no one cares about, 10 minutes of how everyone can't believe that the Brigade existed, a few minutes to discuss Matt being evil, and then the winner. The end. Blah, blah, blah.

JohnnyFever

JohnnyFever

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:34 PM

Yes but she did remember to say "Go Hogs." lol

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:35 PM

What are the Hogs?

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

The Hogs refers to the Razorbacks which is/are the mascot of the University of Arkansas, the college that is her alma mater.

Edited by LonePirate, Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:43 PM.

thalia ann

thalia ann

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:43 PM

Brittney is a graduate of the University of Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks. As in Hogs. She does have one thing in her favor. She's a good Southeastern Conference girl.

Edited by thalia ann, Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:44 PM.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:48 PM

Thanks! My and my friend's colleges (except for BC) didn't have football and in NYC it's almost totally unknown in High Schools.

wootan

wootan

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:14 PM

I don't like Brit but Enzo was downright gleeful when telling her of the Brigade. This is the Brigade that Enzo did nothing for and is very lucky to have aligned with.

Enzo on the rope screaming Meow Meow was hilarious.

What a douche, a 30 something year old married man with a child screaming "Meow Meow" and "Bra-gade". How embarrassing.

Arcticglare

Arcticglare

Couch Potato

• Interests:Favorite Shows: Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, American Idol, Gilmore Girls.

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:27 PM

Judging from what I've read online, I think America's vote will come down to Brenden and Britney, not any members of the Brigade. So if somebody doesn't want it to be Britney, it's better to vote for Brenden than anyone else because he's the only one who has a shot at beating her, especially after the Britney pity party on tonight's show.

Online polls are often inaccurate because they only represent a small portion of the voting audience. As much as the online polls show a close race between Brendon & Britney, I would bet the real battle is between Lane & Britney. Based on the edit tonight though, a lot of people will probably take pity on Britney and vote for her.

I really wish Julie hadn't called them the Brigade and talked about dropping grenades; they're going to be even more convinced about how much America loves them.

tone

tone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:34 PM

The Chenbot continues to impress with her adaptive programming. After the big Brigade reveal, she addressed them as Brigade instead of Houseguests.

This endurance comp looks like a lot of fun.

I really wish Julie hadn't called them the Brigade and talked about dropping grenades; they're going to be even more convinced about how much America loves them.

All the better. Just imagine what it would be like to be a fly on the wall watching the moment when they discover that America, and Canada :), don't give a rat's ass about them.

Edited by tone, Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:50 PM.

Melina Detroit

Melina Detroit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:58 PM

I quite enjoyed tonight's episode. I felt bad for Britney as the Brigade was being revealed, only because she was just a mass of nervous tics. You could tell the months in the house had taken a toll on her. Although she was understandably upset once she realized she didn't have a chance to win, it was nice to see them tell her ahead of time, in a nice way, rather than blindside her then do the dance of joy once she'd left.

I had to laugh watching the three of them seriously discussing whether or not she'd cry when they told her. I thought that was cute. Can you picture Dick D. or Mike Boogie having that conversation? Only if they were actually hoping for crying to improve the fun or drama of the situation. You could tell the guys really hoped she wasn't going to cry because it would make them feel even worse.

Say what you will about the Brigade - it was a game-long alliance that worked. Despite less-than-stellar performers, it stayed strong till the very end when they CHOSE to reveal it. I give them a lot of credit for pulling that off. After all, the point of BB is to last till the end. Period. If you last, you win. Scheming and plotting and winning competitions don't mean a thing if you don't last till the end. So for all their fighting, Rachel or Brendan don't "deserve" to win more than say, Enzo. That's like saying you "deserve" to win Monopoly because you tried the hardest. The Brigade members deserve to win because they made it to the end. The fact that they did it without behaving in horrifying or vile ways is a bonus. (I don't watch the feeds and I'm not spoiled, so if you have proof from the feeds that my last sentence isn't true, please don't enlighten me!)

That last competition looked brutal. Although they were all laughing, so maybe it wasn't as painful as it looked. Bet they're not up there long, though.

Only complaint - I wanted some jury house! I wish we could see a lot more of that.

Edited by Melina Detroit, Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:59 PM.

North of Eden

North of Eden

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

With Brittney's veto lost there is one last desperate hope that something interesting can happen and that would be Land or Enzo shutting Hayden out of getting to the final two. With Hayden as one t here is no suspense but there would be with Lane and Enzo as to who would prevail.

The live show caught me off guard. Wasn't expecting it to be live but should have realized it. The only thing remotely funny was the jamoke in the green shirt in the front row elbowing his buddy that they were on camera behind Julie.

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 10:19 PM

It wasn't Live, it was taped yesterday.

networker

networker

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 11:13 PM

He may very well be one of the dumbest house guests ever - and I thought before he said tonight that Britney was one of the nicest people he has ever known.

When Lane made that comment about Britney, all I could think was that he has known some pretty harsh people in his life.

Say what you will about the Brigade - it was a game-long alliance that worked. Despite less-than-stellar performers, it stayed strong till the very end when they CHOSE to reveal it. I give them a lot of credit for pulling that off.

I agree with this. They cultivated side alliances, eliminated the people from the side alliances that they thought would be a problem for Brigade unity (good-bye Kristen and Britney) and even took out one of their own when they thought they just couldn't count on him. Getting to the end against someone you can beat is the idea. I'm not one of those who believes that you have to win competitions to play a smart game or make the fabled "big moves" to be a competitor. If other players want to take each other out, let them do it. The Brigade operated from a mind set that said "as long as it is not one of us" and that is the purpose of an alliance -- keeping you in the game.

For the record, I don't think that they are the gods of the game that they seem to think they are and they benefitted greatly from the focus on Brendon and Rachel. Bottom line, they did what they were supposed to do -- get to the end.

HardwareOG

HardwareOG

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

Awww, poor Brattney. Couldn't have happened to a nicer succubus.

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:11 AM

BB12 has evolved into the season of justice. Last week with Ragan receiving the Brendon treatment (written off and generally disregarded as a human being), and this week with Britney learning what the game felt like for Rachel (hopelessly and frustratingly bleak). The only thing that would have made it sweeter would have been if Britney had tripped on her way out of the house and landed face-first in a wedding cake.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:40 AM

Everybody excited for the next week of the "Hayden Moss Marches Unstoppably to Winning Half a Mil Show!"

Iíd much rather watch Hayden win than either of the other two tools, so while I canít say Iím excited, I hope it happens.

I still canít believe that the Brigade kept their alliance quiet for all that time, and that Britney didnít figure it out. "Well, I knew they were really close, but I didnít imagine they were an alliance." Duh. I could have understood her saying, "I knew they were allied, but I figured Final Four was the point where they had to start turning on each other," but she didnít even make it that far in the thought process.

The one good thing about Britney not knowing about the alliance is that it gave them something to show us tonight. Usually by this point in the season, Iím more interested in whatís going on in the jury house than in the BB house.

Of course the high point of the episode was Laneís touching declaration that after telling Britney she was out, he felt just as bad as if one of his dogs had died. I hope you all had the tissues close to hand for that one.

mamajj

mamajj

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:50 AM

Well the three stooges made it to the final three. WHOOPEE!! I haven't liked Brit this whole season but felt bad for her tonight when she realized the boys were in a alliance. And she said she played for nothing...I don't think so she won 10 grand that is not nothing in my book. She didn't even say hi to Nick in her speech but Enzo mentioned him. LMAO What was that about?

Hayden rocked that comp. He was right to think the other two stooges weren't going to pull it off.

Lane seems like a nice guy but he has absolutely no brains. He was lost in that comp. At least Enzo got the cards up on the board & got 3 right. My Goodness. Pathetic. Brit too...she had all hers on the ground. SMH

I say Hayden wins HOH & takes Enzo. Since Lane is already pretty well off back home. JMO :)